Whats really unfair about Mesmers...

in WvW

Posted by: Valvador.4291

Valvador.4291

So, I’m wondering if I want to use this Golem Rush week to level up a Mesmer. No, this is not because I think their Burst is ridiculous, or their stealth it’s too great.

It’s the unique tool-set that they bring into WvW that no other class can compare. A Thief can put down a smoke screen and blast it, giving 5 people stealth, but a Mesmer can lay down a veil and hide an entire army passing through it! Combine it with multiple Mesmers, and you can run hidden for a long time.

Portal bombs, the best thing since string cheese. No other class can hide in a fortress and sneak an army into it without destroying walls. No other class can move an entire army into the back-side of another.

I don’t want these abilities nerfed. I want similar abilities given to other classes. No, Wells on Necromancers do not count. No Venom-share does not count as it only applies to 5 people. WvW would be much more fun if each class brought unique WvW mechanics along with it.

And now I’m rolling a Mesmer because I want to be the spy who sneaks an army behind the walls of the enemy. I’m rolling a Mesmer because I want to hide my friends as they run towards certain death.

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Necro – [BanD]Nighnus the Black
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Those abilities are unique to mesmers and should stay that way, just because something is powerful doesnt mean every profession should have access to some identical form of it, there would be little variation otherwise. Each profession brings their own unique abilities and strengths/weaknesses and that should be the focus.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Valvador.4291

I’m not saying give that ability to everyone. I’m saying give every class a unique useful ability that is as effective for the whole raid, rather than 5 random people!

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Brainstorming:

Thief could sabotage walls from the inside, sneak into bases via a spy disguise, assassinate the Lord, burns supplies.

Necro – option to raise corpses to send NPC attacks at outpost, corrupt mercenary camps, disease guards to make them weaker, Lead allies into the underworld and pop up in battlefields with a large number of deaths,

Eles – rituals to blast down walls, conjure siege weapons, create lightning bridges between towers, Long supply heavy ritual at SM to cause a map searing, tearing down all walls/gates, neutralizing the towers/camps/keeps. and slaying the NPCs.

Engineer – Siege manipulation – siege boons, reduced supply cost, people catapults over walls, replace sentry with sentry turret, make fast vehicles that zerg can ride on but randomly explode, Rig a keep/tower to blow if captured to kill the enemy zerg or rig it to blow open gates, nul RI, and tear down walls if flipped in a set time.

Warriors – Allies out of combat can run faster towards a warrior in combat – Rally Point, Buff that lets allies do regular damage to doors, Being able to bolster your grates by pressing against them, Giving temp RI to guards and lords with inspirational speeches, Ability to commands guards and Lords,

Rangers – Recruit animals and spirits as mercenaries, vine stars over walls, better siege traps, Longer sight range to better follow enemy zergs, Ability to climb,

Guardians – Special siege supply option to carry a keep WP around that is unusable if either the keep is attacked or the Guard is in combat. If they die, give up to 50 ally players RI for 5s,

Obviously neat defensive ideas are also needed. We’ve learned recently just how bad easy flipping can be.

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

Interesting that this comes from a player who lists their main as Thief!

I always QQ’d about Thiefs
You don’t mention the perma-stelth or the invisible healing. How about the 2 shot downs or the speed you got with out having to pay 10g a slot for Travelers?

3 years ago I was welcome in raids .. they nerfed us (and rangers) till we became a joke and we only required for 2 skills .. portal and vale. I watched for the last 2 years as the Thiefs and Necros got all the buff goodies and now its my turn to laugh … hard .. each time I take down a Thief 1v1.

I feel I have given up enough bags to the Thief’s and spent my time learning how to play better, now I got some build options and a level playing field with stealth, its time to see how you deal with it.

oh … I been playing Mez since I got hammered so badly I had to work out what was going on.. watch out, you may never go back !

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Portal bombing is the eqvivalent of serving up your zerg as a buffé 9 out of 10 times. That 1 time is usually fun though.

in WvW

Valvador.4291

Lola, did you not read my original post? I’m not complaining about Mesmer combat abilities. Even after I level a Mesmer, a Thief will always be my main.

I am complaining that you guys have the coolest Raid utilities. I am sad that no other class has unique raid-changing abilities that aren’t limited to 5 targets. Marth knows exactly what I’m talking about, and it’s THAT kind of thing that I want to see more of.

I want more classes to have unique abilities that benefit the entire raid that are more in-tune with the theme of that class.

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Thevanishedone.5231

Thevanishedone.5231

my little brainstorm ,

thieves get a grapple hook ( some crazy cool down) which allows the thief and a few allies to scale over walls

warriors have the ability to move seige, the more warriors moving the siege the faster it moves

rangers can create towers which only they can access which grants them additional range and maybe a bit more damage ( for supplies)

elementalist- probably give them some zones where they can channel ( the more ele’s the quicker the channel is) by key locations by SMC and keeps where they destroy a wall or something (thinking what the charr did in the beginning of gw 1)

necros – give the ability to revive multiple targets as undead- those players die again after a said duration and can not cap points, the players can still wp away and live while under this effect

engineers- give them the ability to upgrade seige or create temporary walls that can be destroyed and allies can run through

guardians – not sure yet, but maybe an ability that helps reduce damage to your allies from siege weapons ( of course there would be a cap to how much reduction there is)

revenant – dono the class so cant give it an ability …

in WvW

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Thiefs and Necros got all the buff goodies and now its my turn to laugh.

I main a necro…what buffs we get that made us so op? Just genuinely asking.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in WvW

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Bruiser soldier or celi necro is the meta right now.

The main thing is wells/marks. Necro dps is actually pretty crazy when every skill hits 5 people. AoE stab/condi clear. AoE immobilize and chill. AoE boon strip. AoE plague blind counters rampage. Staff 1 can hit 5 for 20% life force. In a serious battle, a well can heal 2.5-3K through life steal alone.

I also like having 3.4K power and 3.4K armor while in DS. 4-5K crits (54% chance) with life blast are pretty crazy on a char this tanky.

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

The burst they have from stealth ist just unjustified and the most stupid thing i´ve ever seen since the release of GW2, that´s the bad news. The good news is that it will not stay that way, this bullcrap will get nerfed so all the winning team joiners and easy mode pu mesmers that jumped on the “kitten kitten im gut cause i canz oneshot peoplez kitten kitten ” train, enjoy your cancer build as long as it lasts.

in WvW

TheLastNobody.8319

Bruiser soldier or celi necro is the meta right now.

The main thing is wells/marks. Necro dps is actually pretty crazy when every skill hits 5 people. AoE stab/condi clear. AoE immobilize and chill. AoE boon strip. AoE plague blind counters rampage. Staff 1 can hit 5 for 20% life force. In a serious battle, a well can heal 2.5-3K through life steal alone.

I also like having 3.4K power and 3.4K armor while in DS. 4-5K crits (54% chance) with life blast are pretty crazy on a char this tanky.

Meh fair points, I just got done with a small roaming session in WvW and found when i wasn’t focused down I was tankier than i expected running zerk armor, valk trinkets, zerk weapons, and still hit hard enough to down most eles, guards, and thieves with 3-4 life blasts, without food and bloodlust stacks mind you.

Though real quick, the thing about AoE stability and Condition Clear. Don’t think we have that, unless you mean well of power. But far as I know, we have hardly any stability.

in WvW

Lola.4172

Ok they nerfed Litch… but buffed death shroud/ auto attack. Life drain… now heals AND gives stability. I don’t have Stability on my build and Mez as always suffered from condi removal, though better now on Torch skills.

I wont talk about the attack on your pets , I can live with it. But … for a while the Necro wells have been a ‘must have’ Guild raid accessory, don’t begrudge the Mesmers taking back their rightful place in the Focus groups again.

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Lola.4172

Lola, did you not read my original post? I’m not complaining about Mesmer combat abilities. Even after I level a Mesmer, a Thief will always be my main.

I am complaining that you guys have the coolest Raid utilities. I am sad that no other class has unique raid-changing abilities that aren’t limited to 5 targets. Marth knows exactly what I’m talking about, and it’s THAT kind of thing that I want to see more of.

I want more classes to have unique abilities that benefit the entire raid that are more in-tune with the theme of that class.

I did read it
But it felt like sour grapes at not being ‘un-touchable’ anymore .. knee jerk reaction due to too much roaming probly

I think you guys do have valuable skills for Raiding -> Blasting Smoke can give up to 15s of stealth for 5 ppl with a short cool down .. compare this to Veil or Mas invis

And for the record I don’t think any guilds still use Portal Bombing anymore, except as a stunt and as the man said…. its a fast way to kill your team.

So maybe we are a bit more level on Skills and utilities now .. better play and fairer dueling… unless you just use the Thief to Gank? I which case I will hunt your kitten down and match you guys spike for spike

:)

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Posted by: jgak.3056

jgak.3056

Then give mesmers decent AoE. The one thing that makes mesmer unique in WvW and you’re trying to take that away from them? Any field by any class can be used by the whole zerg, the fact that you’re not utilizing them or don’t see them as beneficial to the whole zerg is your problem. No decent zerg uses portal bombs anymore unless you’re doing it for fun and try to get your zerg killed. The only class lacking whole zerg support is warrior. Guardians have fields that pulse boons for the whole zerg, necro’s have spectral wall, thieves have low cooldown smoke field, ele’s have tons of fields, engi has tons of fields, ranger has a long long lasting waterfield.

in WvW

TheLastNobody.8319

Ok they nerfed Litch… but buffed death shroud/ auto attack. Life drain… now heals AND gives stability. I don’t have Stability on my build and Mez as always suffered from condi removal, though better now on Torch skills.

I wont talk about the attack on your pets , I can live with it. But … for a while the Necro wells have been a ‘must have’ Guild raid accessory, don’t begrudge the Mesmers taking back their rightful place in the Focus groups again.

Huh? Stability from lifedrain….no seriously, what’re you talking about with that? We don’t have stability on drain life or life siphon. We can Rez people with life drain DS#4, but no stability. There is foot in the grave GM trait in soul reaping but that’s more a stun break than reliable stability.

Also, there I think has been a misunderstanding. I’ve never had anything against mesmer’s as a necromancer, on the contrary, I actually enjoy fighting them for the most part in comparison to thief. See you all use mind games, those are fun to fight against. What with the clones, stealth and you have some teleports, but you do in fact run out eventually. I have actually caught mesmers before by simply masking sure I apply a good chill or cripple before they port, then just run back to get them in range of staff or life blast. Your stealth uptime from prismatic understanding needs to be brought down to say, 50%, duration increase. As for the burst damage capabilities, that just seems to be a problem with classes in general right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Whenever I’m struggling to counter a specific class in WVW, I create a toon in that class and then play the heck out of it, until I understand the mechanics.

I’ve come to realize that no class is infallible. All can be countered.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Infinite stealth + portal = very annoying class

The combination is just downright broken in WvW.

Even a thief is more visible when using his stealth skills. A mesmer is just gone without a trace.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Can you count to 50 Holland?

If so, don’t bother running around sending off spells — just sit back and patiently wait for the mesmer’s stealth to time out. 47 seconds is max, then mesmer stuck with long stealth cooldowns on spells.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

If you give portal to other classes then mesmer becomes possibly the bottom class for anything PvE orientated. Their damage outside of burst is absolutely terrible and about 50% tied to AI and we all know how much rangers QQ about ~30% of their DPS put onto their pet.

That’s without mentioning the terrible AoE they have and the way their auto attack damage is half other classes. Seriously go check it, it’s hilarious to compare.

So yeah, please don’t give portal/veil to others.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Mesmers, outside of Veil and Portals are useless. Even then, from my experience, portal bombs are more suicide than a success. The back line can usually see it coming then just telegraph a bomb on the portal effectively eliminating anyone who portals instantly.

There is a reason only 2 or so mesmers are allowed in an organized raid.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

The whole point of the mesmer having the portal and invisibility skills is to maintain balance. Until the recent Traits changes there was very little other reason to use a mes in WvW at all. They were fairly easy to deal with and their one zerg option had been nurfed into obscurity.

The opposite side of this is the mes is now a one shot wonder, rather like the thief. If they don’t hit you hard enough they then invisibility and come back when their skills recharge. Many mesmers are operating in ganking teams, especially coupled with thieves.

If a class can’t stand up without the invisibility it has limited to no place in WvW beyond ganking. The problem, as always, is that the devs are balancing the characters for s/tPvP and PvE with little or no thought for WvW. What they should be balancing for s/tPvP and WvW then balancing PvE mobs to suit

in WvW

Lola.4172

The whole point of the mesmer having the portal and invisibility skills is to maintain balance. Until the recent Traits changes there was very little other reason to use a mes in WvW at all. They were fairly easy to deal with and their one zerg option had been nurfed into obscurity.

The opposite side of this is the mes is now a one shot wonder, rather like the thief. If they don’t hit you hard enough they then invisibility and come back when their skills recharge. Many mesmers are operating in ganking teams, especially coupled with thieves.

If a class can’t stand up without the invisibility it has limited to no place in WvW beyond ganking. The problem, as always, is that the devs are balancing the characters for s/tPvP and PvE with little or no thought for WvW. What they should be balancing for s/tPvP and WvW then balancing PvE mobs to suit

Absolutely right!

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Lola.4172

Huh? Stability from lifedrain….no seriously, what’re you talking about with that? We don’t have stability on drain life or life siphon. We can Rez people with life drain DS#4, but no stability. There is foot in the grave GM trait in soul reaping but that’s more a stun break than reliable stability.

Also, there I think has been a misunderstanding. I’ve never had anything against mesmer’s as a necromancer, on the contrary, I actually enjoy fighting them for the most part in comparison to thief. See you all use mind games, those are fun to fight against. What with the clones, stealth and you have some teleports, but you do in fact run out eventually. I have actually caught mesmers before by simply masking sure I apply a good chill or cripple before they port, then just run back to get them in range of staff or life blast. Your stealth uptime from prismatic understanding needs to be brought down to say, 50%, duration increase. As for the burst damage capabilities, that just seems to be a problem with classes in general right now.

OK … if its not Life Drain that give Stability is it Death Shroud?
Any way i still don’t have any :P

;)

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Even a thief is more visible when using his stealth skills. A mesmer is just gone without a trace.

Without a trace, yes… well, ignoring the fact one skill poop out a clone, another cause a fiery explosion, one drop a huge line on the ground and the last cause a visible shockwave miles away.

in WvW

Posted by: thalos.1385

thalos.1385

OMG! I love Marthkus’s and Thevanishedone’s skill brainstorms. Those would be so fun!

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Portal bombs have to be done right to work… and it’s not always easy getting into the right position.

Veil is a waste of a skill slot more often than not. Mesmers can do much more dangerous things than that.

in WvW

TheLastNobody.8319

Nope, we only have two stability skills, one is well of power which is a one second of 1 stability to cover the casting time because it’s a stun break, the other is foot in the grave, which makes entering DS a stunbreak as well and giving us 3 seconds of 1 stability.

Now what might be happening is that you use a skill on mesmer which grants fear, and if we’re inside of Well of Powef, the fear gets converted into stability. I’ve stood inside a ranger volley using well of power, and stacked up to 50 seconds of vigor doing this. People swore I was hacking haha.