Whats the focus of WvW

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: vengeance.3509

vengeance.3509

Is it sieging key points, or is it just and enlarged version of pvp.

Personally I want a big battle with catapults and one day I want to see a stonemist castle go down.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

atm is blob the adversary or hide somehwere karma training some empty bl, and play tower wars…
There is no point or no value in holding besides ppt, or chest farming, since tower can be fliped even before RI ends..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

vengeance.3509

atm is blob the adversary or hide somehwere karma training some empty bl, and play tower wars…
There is no point or no value in holding besides ppt, or chest farming, since tower can be fliped even before RI ends..

what?

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

what?

You sound new, would you like a translation? :P

“At the moment its all about mass-outnumbering the enemy or waypointing to a borderland with no enemies on it to steamroll through objectives with no defenders while avoiding fights, and bunkering in towers with 100 arrowcarts even though you have enough of a zerg to fight back with.
There is no point in defending objectives except for points per tick or farming world exp because every tower can be re-captured before the lord’s invulnerability buff ends (? :S).”

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Zetsumei.4975)

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

what?

Maybe when you lure the lord out of the circle? Don’t know, just guessing as I’ve never seen it happen.

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

vengeance.3509

what?

“At the moment its all about mass-outnumbering the enemy or waypointing to a borderland with no enemies on it to steamroll through objectives with no defenders while avoiding fights, and bunkering in towers with 100 arrowcarts even though you have enough of a zerg to fight back with.
There is no point in defending objectives except for points per tick or farming world exp because every tower can be re-captured before the lord’s invulnerability buff ends (? :S).”

Thanx, i guess I like the outnumber part…

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Zetsumei.4975

what?

Thanx, i guess I like the outnumber part…

Lol as for my opinion, wvw is supposed to be about the points but its completely failed in that aspect. After playing it for long enough you’ll learn that to enjoy wvw you will indulge in fights when you are outnumbered since this game has a great combat system. Depending on what youre into, that could be solo roaming (wandering around by yourself looking for 1vx fights) or zergbusting (using ~20 man guild group to kill a zerg that is double your numbers or more).

The reason the points is meaningless is because its completely determined by which server has the most numbers and coverage (which server has people online around the clock).

Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Zetsumei.4975)

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(…)
There is no point in defending objectives except for points per tick or farming world exp because every tower can be re-captured before the lord’s invulnerability buff ends (? :S)."

Thanks for the help there

What i ment with the RI is, players break towers sometimes before RI ending, if tower isnt t3 or partially upgraded, players wont even bother to defend it.

(a little bit off topic)
The server/map/color rotation system wont allow a better system, what u do now gona be reseted, problem with gw2 its way to much casual game holds no value(and this is being nice), there is no true value objectives on holding tied to a server or even a guild if not only the guild puzles…. A player logs to defend or atack and then logs off few mins later, this for the 7 days of the week, and then all play time gets reseted and restart, a BL need to be fully hold by the homeserver, but i feel with the mechanics Anet added they really dont want guild/server to hold anything for that long than a few hours, its a game of prepare to loose in a way or another, way to solve this is queue and u wont get blobed.

Thus wvw hardly get better, the new map sill change many things BUT will not solve the HUGE design problem/mistake this game has.

What guilds do have no long time value nor impact in game besides ppt, this is a easy factor to solve tho.

( Its a fast paced game with no true objectives.)

The value of hold and why?
I dont like to talk much about other games, but i was a daoc and ragnarok online(war of emperium) player before enter in gw universe back in 2004, what other games do great others do poorly becouse want to be diferent, and gw2 atm is far from having a decent war system (imo) compared with older games just becouse*theres no value and reward to hold something.*
Thats suposed what guilds are for, acomplish something, with the game on this state being in TeamSpeak is far more important than be in the same guild, players gather in guilds to kill a boss becouse it is a way to get players to queue a map for a temporary objective, and this imo is negative, it takes the overall importance of guilds, guilds are just as temporary has living world content, create guild to farm ambient creatures, create guild just becouse yes and end with a player not representing guilds instad of being doing the content with their actual and main guild, and end in mixed server guilds.

What i am trying to say is that gw2 has no true value for lots of things wich is its biggest flaw, dominating the maps or not at the end mean nothing has everything is temporary, win by ppt to earn a skin, is also a useless factor to play wvw.

Sorry for bad english and if text sounds to confusing.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

For me, the focus of WvW is to have fun with guildies and have entertaining fights. One of the ways of getting rid of stress.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The focus of WvW for me at the moment is equipping a PvE title like “Hero Of Lions Arch” and then using my 2k+ wvw rank to look like a zergling before I slam a shark finisher on them…

Then they whisper me and rage that medi hammer is not a wvw build.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

It really depends on your prime time, server and most importantly commander……..

In my server alot of players like the major fights, the BL are in primetime always on queue so everyone would like the big fights, the top servers are mainly looking for fights in open field, outnumbering opponent mainly happens in mid/low tier servers where even teamspeak is not an option…………….

~But yeah, the answer to this will VERY much depend on server and main commander, if serious/fun/amazingly good can take down opponents garri with 20 people vs 30….Or if the commander only does AC even on equal numbers to burn down opponent~

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

If you are in guild main thing is win fair fights against PUGs or other guilds who doesn’t have any kind of tactics or zerg full of guardian and warriors. Of course when your guild can’t cap kitten you can always brag how you did win fight against PUGs.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Whats the focus of WvW?

Some say it’s the commanders.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

pvers get in play for 10 mins get wiped afk next 15 mins get kicked out rinse repeat true story.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Whats the focus of pve? There is no focus in wvw but what you decide for yourself. What players do in wvw is a reflection of their personalities, some do trollish things, others run it mindless zergs but there are many who join to be part of something and get satisfaction working as a team and building a community.

There at the end of the week is only a rough estimate of how well your team performed in attacking enemy objectives, defending your own and killing the reds. Sure some are going to sah…. nuuuuh its night capping! Ppt is coverage! Every sever has ppl online 24hrs a day. What effort was made to find potential players and commaders for the off prime time blocks?

Mostly wvw is just too big for 1 person to take in all at once.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Zetsumei.4975

Whats the focus of pve? There is no focus in wvw but what you decide for yourself. What players do in wvw is a reflection of their personalities, some do trollish things, others run it mindless zergs but there are many who join to be part of something and get satisfaction working as a team and building a community.

There at the end of the week is only a rough estimate of how well your team performed in attacking enemy objectives, defending your own and killing the reds. Sure some are going to sah…. nuuuuh its night capping! Ppt is coverage! Every sever has ppl online 24hrs a day. What effort was made to find potential players and commaders for the off prime time blocks?

No they really dont…

Ruins of Surmia

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

To the few people on this thread who said WvW was about having fun and enjoying yourselves bravo, you’ve realized unlike so many others that the point of the game is to have fun while playing lol, which is something many people seem to have forgotten. I don’t now about the rest of you but I’ve been playing since beta and I’ve never gotten bored of WvW and never once felt the desire to switch servers over it. I love being able to do things like running around and recognize people’s names, realizing I’ve been playing with them for who knows how long. Things like flipping an enemy tower with a small group and then filling it full of siege just to mKe the enemy fight for it, themed nights with my guild, evading enemies in towers and keeps while I wait to port our people inside (main Mesmer ;3). I mean really it’s like so many people only care about points and coverage nowadays but I couldn’t care less if we were 50k behind with half the people you’ll still see me blinking across the field because to be quite blunt, it’s fun lol. X3

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

For me it’s having fun with my guild killing other guilds or friend guilds on other servers and in overall having good fights. I don’t care much bout ppt while it is an important objective in wvw.

Piken Square

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

In its current state for my tier the idea of PPT is generally out (mainly due to a night capping issue between 1-5 am) and the fact that my server has had several guild departures causing a lack of coverage.

Despite our low numbers, my server has refocused on WvW with an emphasis on fun and fighting well as a server, and it’s been working out pretty well, including:

a) BL defense – we can still muster enough numbers to get our bl upgraded during the day and some of the best fights have been defending bay and hills from invaders; it also allows you to develop those roaming skills in small groups during the slow times.
b) mentoring and training nights – learning / re-learning to command and run as a unit
c) server “surge” night – mustering all the troops (on a non-reset night) for big fights and rolling over maps
d) theme nights – these are very fun nights; some examples: bearbow zerg, mesmer zergs, necro minion zerg, uplevel zergs, naked zergs; and last night we did a zerker zerg

Yeah, our server is still dropping in the rankings but since this refocusing, I’ve had some of the most enjoyable nights ever in WvW these past few weeks.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

One good goal is gold medals. I have 82 gold medals and next goals is 100 gold medals.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

No they really dont…

I’m on Fissure of Woe. It is horrendous.

I first bought GW2 for itself and for WvW… My server just died in WvW from people fleeing the server for a better home like GH. I may swap server one day but I can’t bring myself spending 20, deleting all my characters or grinding anymore in the game than I already have done. So no not every server has people playing… Mine never seems to.

Whats the focus of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Whats the focus of WvW?

Some say it’s the commanders.

I see what you did there. :P

Whispers with meat.