Whats the point of queue?

in WvW

Posted by: Macondo.4827

Macondo.4827

Call me trashy but

whats the point of queue on wvsw if theres still lag???
is not like more plp gonna ruin it, right?
so fix the skill lag or remove the queue

cheers
Mac.

Alicia Kingsleigh – Blackgate.
PRX – MoAR – PEW

in WvW

Posted by: Nik Rane.6431

Nik Rane.6431

I sure do love a lack of basic understanding for the technical limitations of computers.

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

I dont see how the lag and queues are related

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

So what you’re saying is you want even more skill lag. Gotcha.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

The server is a computer like any other. It’s connected to the internet by wires.
The computer and wires can handle a certain amount of traffic.
Even the best computers and the best connections have a traffic limit. (bandwidth)

When the number of bits of information being sent and received hits the traffic limit something has to give. That’s when you get skill-lag. Data is sent and/or processed more slowly than is needed by the users.

More people in the system means more load. Queues reduce the load by limiting the number of people.

Nothing anyone can do about it. It’s a fact of life.

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

And don’t forget that if you are in a queue there are another 3 maps to choose from. If there is a queue for them all then transfer if it bothers you that much.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

There is no point, because GW2 does not have queues. Players are put in random clusters that the game then take random groups of players from when WvW go below a certain percentage of full.

And this has nothing to do with skill lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

There is no point, because GW2 does not have queues. Players are put in random clusters that the game then take random groups of players from when WvW go below a certain percentage of full.

This. All of this. The queue is a joke, seeing as it’s not a ‘first-in-first-out’.

It’s more like “WTK! I’ve been in queue for an hour and yours pops in 15 minutes!?”

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

On the Internet no-one can hear you scream.

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

the thing i dont get with anets lag in wvw is this

WHEN the game first came out everyserver had a que and yet the lag was very minimal, now it seems even without a que and only 30v 30 going on u get lag

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

the thing i dont get with anets lag in wvw is this

WHEN the game first came out everyserver had a que and yet the lag was very minimal, now it seems even without a que and only 30v 30 going on u get lag

I’ve had this same thought. Either something changed in the game code (I’ve often suspected the implementation of the guesting system due to the timing of when skill lag got worse) or it’s as simple as while more players were in WvW at launch, masses of players didn’t clash as often. It took time for the current meta of everyone on a map following a single commander tag to develop.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

its B. In the beginning organized zergs weren’t too common yet. You would have disorganized masses but disorganized masses don’t do concentrated damage all at once which causes the cpu to stress. I.E “Bomb here”.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

its B. In the beginning organized zergs weren’t too common yet. You would have disorganized masses but disorganized masses don’t do concentrated damage all at once which causes the cpu to stress. I.E “Bomb here”.

srry i dont think it is B, i know when i was on ET back at launch we had huge zergs clashing with HOD and sbi and yet very little lag for me. I noticed like liquid was saying that when the guesting patch hit lag in wvw jumped up the exact week

I do not know for sure the cause or reason for the lag but u cannot blame it on numbers when at launch EVERYONE WAS ONE GIANT BLOB

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

This. All of this. The queue is a joke, seeing as it’s not a ‘first-in-first-out’.

It’s more like “WTK! I’ve been in queue for an hour and yours pops in 15 minutes!?”

Pretty much this.

The queuing system is utterly, horribly broken as it stands.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Honestly, I haven’t seen lag at all since the second round of improvements they made.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Honestly, I haven’t seen lag at all since the second round of improvements they made.

Then you must not play wvw enough or only use autoattack. I dont think anyone can avoid noticing skills that doesnt work when there is no one around you. Just today I was running out from a borderland spawn (maybe 10 random players there) and popped temp curtain for speed. Nothing happened. Did it again. Nothing. On the 10th try, the curtain pops some 10m behind me. Yeah… I was alone when running out and saw neither friendly nor foe.

Lets not even begin to discuss what happen in 50v50 zerg clashes inside Stonemist.

If you havent seen this then congratulations, you’re the eqvivalent of finding a precursor.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Then you must not play wvw enough or only use autoattack. I dont think anyone can avoid noticing skills that doesnt work when there is no one around you. Just today I was running out from a borderland spawn (maybe 10 random players there) and popped temp curtain for speed. Nothing happened. Did it again. Nothing. On the 10th try, the curtain pops some 10m behind me. Yeah… I was alone when running out and saw neither friendly nor foe.

Lets not even begin to discuss what happen in 50v50 zerg clashes inside Stonemist.

If you havent seen this then congratulations, you’re the eqvivalent of finding a precursor.

I saw it plenty before the second set of optimizations they announced. The first set didn’t seem to help a lot.

I don’t play EB as much as borders, so maybe that’s something to do with it, but in my experience it has been much, much better.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Dunno what you’re talkin about, no queues in this game.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Just a thought…if say somebody was pushing packets to move faster etc would this not lag the game?

in WvW

Posted by: Zuer.2814

Zuer.2814

The queue exists to limit larger servers in wvw. It seems dumb because of the old wvw ranking system. But with the slightly more random match up system that they’ve switched over to the queue will stop a complete take over of every map by servers who have overwhelmingly higher populations.

Zuer
Maguuma
[AON]

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

The queue exists to limit larger servers in wvw. It seems dumb because of the old wvw ranking system. But with the slightly more random match up system that they’ve switched over to the queue will stop a complete take over of every map by servers who have overwhelmingly higher populations.

Eh what? The so called “queue” system hasnt changed since the release of the game. The new matchup system has nothing to do with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Without queues you would have something worse than lag…complete disconnection…when the server blows up or has a melt down…

There already is a bug/exploit that players do which can cause mass random disconnects due to server overload and it not being able to cope…

Can be very useful if your losing a map and want to roll the dice to see if you can get rid of some of the opposition players…

in WvW

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Come hang over on Tier 1, see what the fuss is all about

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Come hang over on Tier 1, see what the fuss is all about

I dunno, i still see plenty of skill lag, etc, in T2, myself. Any big keep fight is rife with it, and it happens all the time in EBG.

in WvW

Posted by: tsubus.8761

tsubus.8761

This week we’re in T4 or T5, any big SM fight will give you terrible skill lag. No need to go to T1 to experience it.

Radese Tagal [PUSH] on Aurora Glade