When did the WvW community get so bad?

in WvW

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Ive just been in WvW, doing my world completion, which has taken over 1 year and 3 months since I finished Tyria and moved over to WvW to do the world completion there, and I went into WvW, to see if I can get my last 2 vistas, and quite frankly, im disappointed to say the WvW community has turned to kitten.

I said in team chat, how happy I was that our server is doing well, considering we owned our entire borderland, and half of EB, a rare occurrence, considering normally we do so badly in WvW, and a load of people started getting angry at me, and said they had blocked me.

What happened? The WvW community used to be so lovely, now the chat is dead, and people get aggressive over positive comments?

in WvW

Posted by: Vyx.8607

Vyx.8607

From the comment that your server normally does badly , I would take your comment negatively too

Henge of Denravi – Denravi Alliance [DA]
WvW Community: Forums, Videos, GvG – http://www.gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

What server is this on? Darkhaven has it’s fair share of jerks/trolls, but I couldn’t imagine people reacting like that.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Nothing compares to the things people say when you kill a champion without a train in Queensdale.

PvE people are the meanest people.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Argon.1563

I never said the server does badly, I just said “Wow, our server is doing really well, all of BL, and half of EB”. and I started getting absolutely hammered.

Also, im on Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Nothing compares to the things people say when you kill a champion without a train in Queensdale.

First solo queue match in a few months…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Prime example of why I play with the combat tab selected so I don’t have to read that garbage.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

that is quite surprising, it shouldnt be…tbh if u find a wvw community to be bad then dont touch yoloq the community they’re worse than dungeon elitist jerks.

I actually find my server’s wvw community to be quite pleasant and it might be what actually keeps me playing wvw.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I have a feeling you are not telling the complete story.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Argon.1563

I am not joking, I was in WvW, and I looked at the map to waypoint, and realized, “oh god, my server is doing well in WvW, wonderful.”, so I gone to the chat, and said I was pleased, and my reply was:

“Who the hell are you?”
“Some kind of a kitten excuse for a human”
“Everyone block this kitten”

Obviously that little chat log was really in broken English, rectified so its slightly more eligible.

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I am not joking, I was in WvW, and I looked at the map to waypoint, and realized, “oh god, my server is doing well in WvW, wonderful.”, so I gone to the chat, and said I was pleased, and my reply was:

“Who the hell are you?”
“Some kind of a kitten excuse for a human”
“Everyone block this kitten”

Obviously that little chat log was really in broken English, rectified so its slightly more eligible.

I see 4 possibilities. 1) There was more likely a debate going on with someone else before you joined WvW and those statements were meant for the individual causing the negative discussion and not you. 2) You probably stated something that sounded like elitist and that alone kittened everyone off. 3) those few people were having a bad day and took out on you. 4) Includes all the above reasons.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Screenshot or it didn’t happen.

in WvW

Posted by: hholls.3278

hholls.3278

Well I’ve been on Deso forever, I only www and that’s not the community I know.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

There may be 1 or 2 trolls on Deso that might react like that, but I’m with hholls there.. not the level of chat I see on Deso at all ..

We have one of the most fun loving WvW communities around (we do have our moments, mind, but they are very rare).

I suspect you may have caught someone at a very bad moment ..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

That does not sound like Deso to me, we are a generally a friendly Community but there may be a few bad eggs among us, and as mentioned you might of caught some gals/guys during a heated moment. We are all human.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I understand completely OP. My server isn’t much better; doesn’t seem to matter if the comment made is good, bad, positive, negative, or otherwise. WvW just seems to be full of the worst people. Of course, I don’t have much better luck in spvp or dungeons either. Tells you a lot about people and current society, sadly.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

i will never understand these threads.
in what world u live in ? everyone insults each other on the internets and no1 cares what u say, they were probably in ts and said " hey look that guy is hillarious lets talk crap to him so he gets mad wololol" and u did lol.

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

they probably took that as insulting in a way if they’re a bit stressed and frustrated and look at you as someone who didn’t help get those marks on the map. not unless i missed something. even i get ticked off when someone who doesn’t help in wvw goes there to get the rewards (Vistas, pois, in enemy keeps, etc), even if it’s a guildmate. my guess is it’s somewhere along this line.

in WvW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

i will never understand these threads.
in what world u live in ? everyone insults each other on the internets and no1 cares what u say, they were probably in ts and said " hey look that guy is hillarious lets talk crap to him so he gets mad wololol" and u did lol.

“this is the internetz…”

That doesn’t make it ok. Not in the least! You realize that we carry back out into the world many of the manners (or lack of) that we use (or don’t use) online? Have you really looked at the state of society recently? We have to start fixing this crap somewhere., but there are far too many with perspective like yours. Thinking it doesn’t matter, when it very much does.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

WvW is probably the only game mode where much of it meets at the end of the week and reminds everyone to be nice out there.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

I feel like I should say something but I have a feeling my point has already been made by me writing here.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

That does not sound like Deso to me, we are a generally a friendly Community but there may be a few bad eggs among us, and as mentioned you might of caught some during a heated moment. We are all human.

yeah, doesn’t sound like desolation at all, probably some underlying cause that OP is not sharing. Sparks don’t fly without a source.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Doesn’t sound like Deso at all, then again the last few weeks have been strange, although we’ve helped two people get world completion in the last three weeks. If you need those POI’s give someone from EXG a shout and we’ll see what we can do for you.

Oh and Hai Shino, it’s magic!

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Woah there, we don’t want ppl to get the idea EXG’s a world completion Ferry :P. We’ll get your POI’s and Vista’s if it’s possible especially to gain some Points (not it’s been easy up against JS recently) but we won’t do it for ones sake like with some of the harder to Flip towers on EB. Even though I ended up doing someone a favour once..

Deso’s night crew is very friendly though, so you should hop onto that train unless you want to roam or otherwise.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Honestly, I’d have taken your comment pretty badly too. A lot of commanders don’t allow any talk of how well the server is doing (I used to do this as well, but the population during the times I command has fallen dramatically so it doesn’t even matter). All it does is promote trash talk and toxicity.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

1) you went in to leech map completion (again).
2) you said ‘finally doing well’

Not that I would care if someone said that, its a good indication they’re a pve-only player, so they don’t know what they’re talking about. But I can see how that would crap people off.

They spend hours in wvw fighting and upgrading etc, just for you to come in every now and again to see if there’s any map completion you can leech? Yeah, I understand why they cracked it at you.

Help out in wvw instead of leeching the map completion, not only will you have properly earned it, but also helped your server.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

From the comment that your server normally does badly , I would take your comment negatively too

Critiquing requires some comparison or there isn’t anything to celebrate.

I didn’t find the comment negative but one meant to open the discussion for “how do we keep a good thing going” and “what did we do right last week…?”

It has gotten meaner and the harassment is starting to get a bit old by some in WvW.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

It’s not one server it’s all servers and they denigrate one another and Anet all the time.

If Anet cares, they’d have people on all of the maps at least during peak times – it’s just prudent.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

1) you went in to leech map completion (again).
2) you said ‘finally doing well’

Not that I would care if someone said that, its a good indication they’re a pve-only player, so they don’t know what they’re talking about. But I can see how that would crap people off.

They spend hours in wvw fighting and upgrading etc, just for you to come in every now and again to see if there’s any map completion you can leech? Yeah, I understand why they cracked it at you.

Help out in wvw instead of leeching the map completion, not only will you have properly earned it, but also helped your server.

^ This.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding, maybe not. However it more than likely falls under this.