When does PvP gear stop looking the same?

in WvW

Posted by: DJPenguin.6945

DJPenguin.6945

just hit lvl 30 and am still seeing the lvl 1 gear models. How much further down the road until there are different skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Vuladro.8931

Vuladro.8931

It’s the same gear. Invaders. Doesn’t change. sPvP has the different looking gear.

Baca Jin [FotN] – Sylvari Mesmer – SBI
Bacajin [FotN] – Charr Thief – SBI
Bacajinn [FotN] – Asura Warrior – SBI

in WvW

Posted by: watter.5170

watter.5170

Once you hit 80, the exotic 80 WvW gear looks different. The NPCs that sell them for badges scale with your level, so right now you probably see the lvl 60 exotic WvW

Not sure about earlier levels looking unique, since I never even bothered looking at the npc till 80.

[TBH]Watter
The Brotherhood – Warlord

in WvW

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

There really isnt much advacment in looks in WvW, its quite sad for the players that want to making the game wvw only. Its one thing that i think the game greatly is missing.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Cazio.2137

Cazio.2137

There really isnt much advacment in looks in WvW, its quite sad for the players that want to making the game wvw only. Its one thing that i think the game greatly is missing.

I’d say this goes for the game as a whole. Crafters for example make the exact same looking armor for every tier until 80.

in WvW

Posted by: Navaris.5087

Navaris.5087

Eh, didn’t really use invaders as much as I made my own set using the AH every ten levels or so when leveling. There are tiers of different appearances on the gear by the way from crafters. It’s cheaper than one would imagine and better than wasting karma for when you need it in the end game such as making a legendary.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

The game has been out what… a month?

Of all the things that may or may not need fixing, I for one do not want them to spend much time on “extra skins” right now. I am sure in a year or two there will be so many types of armor skins that no two players will look alike.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

I’d say this goes for the game as a whole. Crafters for example make the exact same looking armor for every tier until 80.

My understand of crafting is that it changes based on the set. Having not used the crafted gear i can only say ive seen pictures of the different crafted levels and they looked different enough.

Its not hear nor there but there should be more variations of WvW gear just as there’s dungeon gear.

Of all the things that may or may not need fixing, I for one do not want them to spend much time on “extra skins” right now. I am sure in a year or two there will be so many types of armor skins that no two players will look alike.

Im sure the art team could work on skins while the live team makes sure they fixses are getting in place.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

(edited by Melphina.9035)

in WvW

Posted by: DJPenguin.6945

DJPenguin.6945

i’m not even asking for new skins. surely it’s not hard to take some skins from PvE or wherever and throw them on the invaders gear. looking like a lvl 1 @ 30 something doesn’t feel right.

in WvW

Posted by: Fende.1950

Fende.1950

My understand of crafting is that it changes based on the set. Having not used the crafted gear i can only say ive seen pictures of the different crafted levels and they looked different enough.

The rare crafted armor sets for every level look the same up until 80. Crafted Fine/Masterwork share the same skin for the various level tiers, but each tier looks different.