When they nerfed badges of honor?

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

You nerfed proofs…but this is just bad for wvw.

So every boss now gives 1, 10% chance to drop 1 from players…so how the hell am I going to earn ~1500+ for my elite spec unlock?

You whole expansion is made like a grindfest couse nothing is worthwile doing….

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah the badge drop rate has been horrendous since hot rlease. badges did not need a nerf….. but hey anet logic….they also made acess to guild banners and buffs for wvw pretty much impossible for small guilds…..anet logic too…..we complained for about 1 year that culling was an issue in wvw and anet relaeases a map that has an area that makes an entire zerg invisible and a guild unlock for that aswelll….anet logic…..

and they are wondering why most people left…..yeah well THAT actually does make sense.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Well, to be fair, people were crying and complaining about needing a badge sink before HoT. Several people had well over 100k badges with nothing to spend it on after farming Edge of the Mist for so long. Now, it’s a lot harder to get and a significant badge sink was introduced. Par for the course for most of HoT to be honest.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Well, to be fair, people were crying and complaining about needing a badge sink before HoT. Several people had well over 100k badges with nothing to spend it on after farming Edge of the Mist for so long. Now, it’s a lot harder to get and a significant badge sink was introduced. Par for the course for most of HoT to be honest.

That’s the problem. “After farming Edge of the Mist for so long.” Anet just automatically assumes everyone is a Platinum+ rank with 100K extra badges sitting around waiting to be used.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

i would sooner see a unicorn excreting rainbows than find this so called “anet logic” imho.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The daily chests have 10 BoH each.
After 40 days you should have 1600 just from the chests

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Some of the daily chests have 20 BoH

Anyone who had BoH before were not WvW players. WvWers spent their badges on siege.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

So 40 days to finish elite spec, if this is intentional than their whole team is clueless. Been in mmorgp games for 15 years and this is far worst expansion ever created in whole mmo history.

in WvW

Posted by: Woof.8246

Woof.8246

So 40 days to finish elite spec, if this is intentional than their whole team is clueless. Been in mmorgp games for 15 years and this is far worst expansion ever created in whole mmo history.

PPl where able to exploit- zerg each other in the Obsidian Sanctum constanly for faster rewwards
(just like Skyhammer custom arenas – but in OS you could get exotics+baghes>seige weapons>money) .

They put a DR in each character (ppl will die more = will drop nothing for a while) .

Captain Kuro

(edited by Woof.8246)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

The daily chests gives a good bit of Badges, also Obsidian Sanctuary gives about 10-15 badges per day.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Try re-reading that. 1600 JUST from the chests. So if you’re doing WvW a lot, you would get the badges needed well before then.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Badge-awards-need-to-be-increased

But yes, they need to make it so that you can acquire badges quicker than 40 days ,or just lower the elite spec scroll cost in badges.

In PvE you can get the elite spec in a few hours if you join a hero point train in Maguuma. You don’t even need masteries , just have a teleport to friend + mesmer portal.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Try re-reading that. 1600 JUST from the chests. So if you’re doing WvW a lot, you would get the badges needed well before then.

It is still not fair to those players that were not that active in wvw before HoT. Also in comparison to pve, wvw is very slow on getting the elite spec, which is obtainable in pve within a day.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

On my 2nd acc. i have a way bigger problem with those badges. I have unlocked all elite specs that i wanted. My main has now already over a whole stack of proofes of heroics in the bank, but i just don’t get enough badges to trade them into siege. I even stoped to open the chests, just because one stack chests takes way less space in my bank that all the badges inside. And it realy kittenes me of, to have a ton of useless proofes and nothing to spend them on. Please anet, lower the ammount of badges that is needed for siege with Proofes of heroic!

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There was a sentiment that badges of honor were so worthless and meaningless because they were so plentiful in EOTM as opposed to WvW.

So one would expect this imbalance to be corrected by upping badge gain in WvW and maybe lowering EOTM badge gain.

But of course, they asked “what the hell is WvW, we’re talking about EOTM” here and nerfed EOTM badges to hell while not bothering to increase the pitiful badges in WvW.

So instead of badges being unfairly biased towards EOTM, it is now in fact equal now that nobody gets to have them. Unfortunately, this kind of strategy is prevalent in all game modes. For example, after the gold infusions got nerfed, they found ways to make the other ones equally useless.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

It is still not fair to those players that were not that active in wvw before HoT. Also in comparison to pve, wvw is very slow on getting the elite spec, which is obtainable in pve within a day.

I wasn’t very active in sPvP before HoT, so I don’t have a high rank or lots of the currency. That’s not unfair to me, it’s what happens when you don’t play a particular game mode. I wasn’t very active in dungeons before either, I’m not whining that it’s unfair I don’t have a lot of dungeon currency. Of course I don’t, I didn’t do them. If you want the stuff from the content, you have to play the content.

What actually isn’t fair is the discrepancy in ease between the game modes when it comes to leveling elite specs.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Teevell.1684)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I wasn’t very active in sPvP before HoT, so I don’t have a high rank or lots of the currency. That’s not unfair to me, it’s what happens when you don’t play a particular game mode. I wasn’t very active in dungeons before either, I’m not whining that it’s unfair I don’t have a lot of dungeon currency. Of course I don’t, I didn’t do them. If you want the stuff from the content, you have to play the content.

What actually isn’t fair is the discrepancy in ease between the game modes when it comes to leveling elite specs.

The reason I see the new amount of badges dropped in wvw as unfair to players new to wvw is that the badges earned now are not even enough to utilise all proof of heroics alone. That doesn’t even take into account laurel/gear vendors.

My own personal stash of badges is down by 9k just to get elite specs, didn’t spend any on siege or wvw gear and still lots of proof of heroics sitting in my inventories.

Anyone without a massive backlog of badges will just have stacks of heroics and can’t spend them.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr