When/where it's best to find solo roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Hwarang.4789

Hwarang.4789

Hi, i’m from Fergusson’s Crossing and against Borlis pass and Isle of Janthir. I’m not sure what determines which server i’m up against but i’d like to know which server i should join so i can find a lot more solo roamers like me to fight.

OR

A certain time or place where i should go to find a lot of enemy solo roamers. I live in Australia so it would help if anyone knows approx what time they thought they found a lot of solo roamers to fight. Thanks ^^

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

To find roamers, watch the map, look for camps being flipped by enemies. Usually you can guess by seeing if the camps are being taken in a clockwise/counter clockwise fashion. Wait at the next camp. Also, some ppl hang out on the Borderlands Bloodlust ruins. Watch for them being camped. They will have the color of an opposing server if someone is/just was on the capture point. Or hang around the camps close to the spawn areas of opposing servers. Also, have you tried Obsidian Sanctum arena? Especially Thursday/Friday before reset, you can sometimes find plenty of players to duel with if that’s what you want. Another thing you can try is to ask in chat if anyone is havoking and join a small party. Make some friends.

Before leaving FC, is there a TS or Forum for the server you can ask other servermates? If there’s no one on during your time zone ever, I’d think about a transfer also. Keep in mind, long queue times in the top tiers are real. I hope it works out on FC for you though. GL HF

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

roam/camp around sentries and choke points to your camps.

in WvW

Posted by: VunDola.7596

VunDola.7596

Roaming is dead, with the upcoming changes with stronger sentries and camps/automatically upgrading towers. Roamers will essentially be just walking around the map attempting to kill other players after which they promptly get rolled by a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Solo is roaming is hard nowadays,depending on the time and class it may be possible ,but usually it’s gonna end up being 1vx or just so many you have to keep bailing.Zerg mentality,always take atleast 1 or 2 guys with you.

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Roaming is dead, with the upcoming changes with stronger sentries and camps/automatically upgrading towers. Roamers will essentially be just walking around the map attempting to kill other players after which they promptly get rolled by a zerg.

Oh you mean like now?

in WvW

Posted by: Hwarang.4789

Hwarang.4789

To find roamers, watch the map, look for camps being flipped by enemies. Usually you can guess by seeing if the camps are being taken in a clockwise/counter clockwise fashion. Wait at the next camp. Also, some ppl hang out on the Borderlands Bloodlust ruins. Watch for them being camped. They will have the color of an opposing server if someone is/just was on the capture point. Or hang around the camps close to the spawn areas of opposing servers. Also, have you tried Obsidian Sanctum arena? Especially Thursday/Friday before reset, you can sometimes find plenty of players to duel with if that’s what you want. Another thing you can try is to ask in chat if anyone is havoking and join a small party. Make some friends.

Before leaving FC, is there a TS or Forum for the server you can ask other servermates? If there’s no one on during your time zone ever, I’d think about a transfer also. Keep in mind, long queue times in the top tiers are real. I hope it works out on FC for you though. GL HF

I’ve tried baiting in people by flipping camps near their spawn and standing in the ruins to attract attention but nobody seems to come. maybe one or two and sometimes 3 (which is great, 1v3 is a wonderful experience) but when one dies they all run for it. Sorta sad that there are few in this server that don’t have a competitive mentality

Some tell me to just do PVP but it’s different…. the terrain and hostile mobs make it very strategic. I can lure 2 people into a band of drakes and let them take a little damage to even up the odds, or even use those drakes so i can cloak and dagger them into safety. Also being able to fight somebody with a stronger build is more challenging. Whereas in PVP everyone is on even ground in terms of stats

Thank you for your reply btw

in WvW

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I usually just run around and flip camps, and as a terrormancer, can do it pretty dang quickly. That usually seems to attract some roamers.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in WvW

Posted by: Saleen Jso.2645

Saleen Jso.2645

The best thing to do is pop up on a BL where the opponents do not have WPs yet in their keeps. Flip the south camps and sentries, then just hang out there. Eventually someone will come to recapture. If you do this on a BL where they do have WPs already, I find it is usually more than just one coming to recapture so it is difficult to have a 1vs1. If you proceed to move on to the north camps, you will likely miss anyone who comes to recapture the south camps. Whenever I head north to take more camps in clockwise motion, it is extremely rare that anyone ever bothers to come intercept me. Players want the karma, XP and loot more so while you’re capping north camps, they are just going to go for recapping the south camps.

And as others have already mentioned, I agree that solo roaming is trending downwards. It has gotten more difficult these days, there are so many niche builds out there now that who wins in a 1v1 can very much depend on the class/build combination. Before they rolled out Ferocity and Condi builds started trending upwards, I found skill mattered much more back then. Now it is your class/build combo having a much greater determining factor in influencing who will win in a 1vs1 fight.

Saleen – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

FC has great roaming guilds like Maki and Main. I was on Kaineng, and spent some time on fc, and they have a great roaming community. Find someone from one of the primary guilds on that server, and try to join. The FC community is a good one, you just need to get into it.

(edited by oscuro.9720)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Go to your home border and visit the island between the 2 spawn tower

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+