When will we get answers? [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

When will we get some honest and open information about WvW and what will be done to fix it? Soon doesn’t work anymore. The only time any staff comments is to try to quickly put out the fire of the FSP issue but nothing about the actual game type. COME ON.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

You will get them when Anet releases it and you realize they did they opposite of what everyones has asked for over 3 years. This is how things work in opposite world, which just so happens to be where Anet’s top secret WvW office is.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

There won’t be anything done soon, so your best bet is to stop investing time in the gamemode altogether. There are some WvW alternatives coming very soon that might be worth playing instead of waiting for this overhaul.

http://i.imgur.com/Waiz6vD.png

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

(edited by Gunner Morton.8340)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Soon™.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Never or at least after we all given up.

Next announcement will be we will add even more PVE in WvW as every player wants.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

History has shown that answers will not reveal themselves in this forum. There is a very slight chance a reddit post might illuminate a detail or two but most of the time we hear about it just before it hits.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

You definitely want to keep an eye on Reddit. You are much more likely to find useful communication from Anet staff there then you are here.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

When its ready.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jorah.2389

Jorah.2389

Hello Anet!!

I would like to ask you if you are still “working” on bringing wvw back or is your plan to “mask” up the current situation with the brilliant new changes that you will bring to wvw “this year”.

Do you intend to do some real stuff or will you continue to work on nonless updates that will continue to harm the wvw players?

Have you not learned with the mistakes in the past?? The solution is simple… listen to the feedback from wvw players… their oppion is what is matters, not the suggestions of a team of Devs that is in a room thiking that they will make a huge big change on wvw, for better, when most of the times they are walking into the #“#$%%&&”#$$.

GW2 is day after day loosing wvw players, if your plan is to stick with only pve and pvp (that has also problems, but not gonna talk about them here) you are going on the right way.

Im just gonna leave some simple solutions, so you cant simple say “you guys only complain, you dont want to make part of the solution”:

1) – Too many servers for low wvw Population: Only T1_ T2 and T3 have enough wvw players to make worth play wvw.

2) Bring old BLs back: the old maps had the perfect design for roaming, capping objectives and group fights. The new BLs are a Joke for real wvw players (bad design for group fights, &%$#$%& pve events ? and the map is not straitgh forward for new players that want to learn it.

3) You killed small wvw guilds with the Guild Hall upgrades. Small guilds used to count a little bit on wvw, but now, with all the &$ upgrades that are necessary, big guilds have a big advantage (banners, +5 on camps).

4) If PVE and PVP have reward tracks, why not wvw? do you think that the “miserable” rank up chest is worthy?? make wvw more attractive with rewards and you will see mor people on maps

5) make the outnumbered buff better: this will help low pop server a little bit, while you are working on a better solution for the population problems

PS: Sorry about the english, not my native language.

(edited by Jorah.2389)

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

er…. is it… still a thing?

Or nah?

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

we have heard you loud and clear and everything you ever hoped for is coming in the big overhaul we have planned in the near future. We do not like to discuss things until they are ready to be shipped so please be patient and rest assured, you are gonna love the changes
Until then, we are gonna dedicate 3 months of time and two or three publicity stunts and gem store outfits to celebrate the renaming of one of our favorite dragons in central Tyria.
Happy Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I suspect the next Dragon will pierce the Veils of the Mists and we’ll have to battle it in WvW and Rytlock will replace Seigecrusher and Seigerazor…

Edit: It will also resurrect Scarlet Briar as its Champion and she will have mobs of Atherblades that put 10 stacks of Bleed on with their Auto Attack.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

(edited by Loosmaster.8263)

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

´We won’t ever. I think it’s pretty clear by now.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Who are you and why should you get a reply over others?

Wvw pop is more on the players then Anet you simply cant make ppl move to where they do not want to go. When you ask for population control ask your self are you willing to move to fix it? If not then your asking others to do something your not willing to do.

The old bl do not fit wvw any more. The only way to bring them back is to update them to fit current wvw and that would require a major over hall. So every thing you see in the new bl you will need to retrofit the old bls from towers to keeps to camps.

In wvw all guilds are useful and all players are. You only need a set number of guilds to clame points per map and if every guild could do this then you will simply have “troll” guild greffing the other teams. Think of wvw less about guild aimed and more world aimed when it comes up claming and upgrading.

WvW dose have a reward track it is rank up keep in mind there more going on then just the chest and at one point it was a wanted thing to rank up but once made account bound (ppl wanted this) it become less relevant. Think of it from a point of view of a new player who has no to low rank each rank up is a major thing. You do not want to add too much rewards in wvw or you will have wvw as a pure pve event cutting down on the fighting the real aim of wvw.

The game is about playing with other ppl more so with wvw you should not be rewarded to much for staying away from other ppl.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

The old bl do not fit wvw any more.

Who are you to say this? We have a thread on here with a huge list of people that think otherwise.

Also please learn to spell.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The old bl do not fit wvw any more. The only way to bring them back is to update them to fit current wvw and that would require a major over hall. So every thing you see in the new bl you will need to retrofit the old bls from towers to keeps to camps.

Care to elaborate on this rather bold claim?

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

We are sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this message in error, please try again.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

They did say they were going to communicate more after HoT dropped, so there’s that.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

We are sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this message in error, please try again.

Have you noticed the atmosphere here is just like that story and recent movie about Vets calling the VA suicide hotline and getting sent to voicemail?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/02/15/va-suicide-hotline-oscar-winning-documentary-lets-calls-go-voicemail/80403618/#

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

I would like some answers on these questions to Anet.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: sirloin.9145

sirloin.9145

jeski, i think most wvw players want what he is asking for, been on the forums for a long time now. The old borders fit fine, guild hall upgrades and pve stuff don´t fit in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Have you noticed the atmosphere here is just like that story and recent movie about Vets calling the VA suicide hotline and getting sent to voicemail?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/02/15/va-suicide-hotline-oscar-winning-documentary-lets-calls-go-voicemail/80403618/#

yea, pretty much.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Offair.2563

Wvw pop is more on the players then Anet you simply cant make ppl move to where they do not want to go. When you ask for population control ask your self are you willing to move to fix it? If not then your asking others to do something your not willing to do.

In wvw all guilds are useful and all players are. You only need a set number of guilds to clame points per map and if every guild could do this then you will simply have “troll” guild greffing the other teams. Think of wvw less about guild aimed and more world aimed when it comes up claming and upgrading.

WvW dose have a reward track it is rank up keep in mind there more going on then just the chest and at one point it was a wanted thing to rank up but once made account bound (ppl wanted this) it become less relevant. Think of it from a point of view of a new player who has no to low rank each rank up is a major thing. You do not want to add too much rewards in wvw or you will have wvw as a pure pve event cutting down on the fighting the real aim of wvw.

The game is about playing with other ppl more so with wvw you should not be rewarded to much for staying away from other ppl.

Still blindly white knighting i see, 6/10.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Yeah wvw is in the worst state of all the game modes but this thread is too unclear and should be locked.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

rumor has it that it will come in 6mths but since is anet we are talking about here, expect 9 mths

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Gwaihir.1745

Oh sorry that was meant to say massive Pve update rather than wvw. Please forgive our mistake. All Pve players will be adequately compensated for the stress this may have caused thinking their kitten glider would be delayed for a wvw update.

in WvW

Offair.2563

It’s coming soon™

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

rumor has it that it will come in 6mths but since is anet we are talking about here, expect 9 mths

Since they mentioned it being delayed in 1 of their live streams I’ve been saying don’t expect it until September at the earliest. Close to a year after HOT when it was supposed to be their top priority.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Jorah.2389

ups PVE player on WVW forum! lol

Dude just in case you didnt enter on Wvw maps on the past months… besides high tier servers, they are erh…. A DESERT!!!

Wake up, just dont do tequal 1 day, log into wvw and check the maps!!!

the reward tracks would be an incentive to more players join wvw!!

why should PVE and PVP be reward with nice coin, skins and all type of currency that you can use, but on wvw you only receive some miserable badges???

With this post I’m trying to say that Anet should consider to take 1 step backwards in order to give 2 steps forward!!

(edited by Jorah.2389)

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

They did say they were going to communicate more after HoT dropped, so there’s that.

Technically all they have to do is reply like 5 times this year to fulfill that promise.

in WvW

Posted by: bambam.7243

bambam.7243

It’s going to be esports season again next week, so don’t expect a single mention of WvW for at least the duration of the PvP season. Like 1-2 months i think?

Salty Sea Dog | Tarnished Coast
Delayed [LATE] (guild leader) | OCX

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Just ignore Jski. He does this a lot and it rarely makes sense.

Anyways, Anet won’t respond. Deal with it.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Lol.

And who exactly are YOU “and why should you get a reply over others?”

Do you actually read what you write? Or did Anet anoint you as the arbiter of what is to be and not to be asked on the forums?

The OP’s criticisms are pretty much in line with the majority of the complaints about WvW. If you don’t think the points he makes warrant a reply, why are you even replying? Just leave the forums and go play the absolutely flawless WvW game.

edit: I see that i’ve wasted my time since you made a hit-N-run post.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

The same stale gameplay for 3 years. Maps so small that you could move to every objective within half a minute making blobs extremely strong and destroying tactical, organised, small groups.

The new borders aren’t perfect by any means right now but with some tweaks they could yield a much deeper strategical potential than the old maps.

You just wanna ez loot ktrain if you really want the old maps back. But that is what made wvw die before hot. The new borders were just a final flaw. Stop acting like thousands of players would come back for the old borders. The only difference was that maybe 50 out of 100 guys queuing for ebg still played the borders. I even doubt that most of the guilds would actually bother to come back to this pile of kittens with a dev saying “soon” every 6 months.

WvW died with the stability change. Not with the maps.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The same stale gameplay for 3 years. Maps so small that you could move to every objective within half a minute making blobs extremely strong and destroying tactical, organised, small groups.

The new borders aren’t perfect by any means right now but with some tweaks they could yield a much deeper strategical potential than the old maps.

You just wanna ez loot ktrain if you really want the old maps back. But that is what made wvw die before hot. The new borders were just a final flaw. Stop acting like thousands of players would come back for the old borders. The only difference was that maybe 50 out of 100 guys queuing for ebg still played the borders. I even doubt that most of the guilds would actually bother to come back to this pile of kittens with a dev saying “soon” every 6 months.

WvW died with the stability change. Not with the maps.

This make no sense at all to me. How can someone claim the old bl were so small “you could move to every objective within half a minute” and also claim these same ppl “just wanna ez loot ktrain if you really want the old maps back”. How can it be easy to ktrain when your enemy can reach you faster to wreck that train?

One of the BIG problem the ppl who want fights have with the new BL is the size and how annoying they are to navigate because it make fighting that much harder to happen. They don’t want to ktrain at all. Pretending such a thing after having read all of the pro old BL had to say is close to delirium.

Nobody is saying tons of ppl would come back if the old bl would come back. I do think it would decelerate the exodus tho and let people still here enjoy the BL once again rather than make them want to stay on EBG.

As for stab, it merely need to find a sweet spot to be more enjoyable. I’m openly against going back to the old stab for reasons elaborated many many times but I do hope and think it could use some tweeking to answer post HoT reality.

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

You definitely want to keep an eye on Reddit. You are much more likely to find useful communication from Anet staff there then you are here.

Sadly, that does seem to be the case lately, and I’ve been keeping an eye out more there, rather than here.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Gwaihir.1745

This is a good question. As Anet like to fanfare any release for months on end before release and overhype anything coming out it is very odd how little we are hearing. Absolutely nothing is known about the ginormous wvw update that is already late.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Sadly, that does seem to be the case lately, and I’ve been keeping an eye out more there, rather than here.

If you’re talking real and substantial information or communication, I wouldn’t put your hopes in reddit.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

They dont care. In fact they most likely want to get rid of WvW altogether and just concentrate on PvE and esports.

The devs have no idea what they are doing with WvW, because the original WvW devs have all left, the ones being assigned to look into WvW in their spare time are PvE devs, which explains why the Deserted BLs are so bad!

They claim to have been working on a WvW overhaul for a year now, yet they wont release it for another year.
Yet they also plan to release a new expansion next year!
So if it’s going to take twice as long to make the WvW overhaul than it does an expansion, it better be one hell of a good overhaul.
But as said, the WvW updates are being done in their spare time, which is why it takes so long, and why they couldnt change anything with the Deserted BLs when negative feedback was given.

The continue to refuse to listen to us, and kitten will continue to do things we dont want or like.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

OMG you guys, they just said it last month that they are working on it and it will be ready later this year, you guys want a daily blog or something? I mean there’s nothing much to say for a daily blog unless you want to hear about pve stuff the wvw staff are working on. I’m sure they’ve come in here and read the thread titles, and have a good idea of how to revive wvw.

God they’re on year four of the five year wvw overhaul, cut them some slack. I’m sure they will be out of planning phase soon, and they will let us know a week before when it’s ready for live release, they’ll even have a one paragraph blog set up everyday to highlight the main things coming, so have some patience. Four year wait is not as bad as waiting for your kids to grow up and leave for college.

P.S They don’t respond in these sub forums, and a lot of doubt that they even read it. No point in trying anymore.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

P.S They don’t respond in these sub forums, and a lot of doubt that they even read it. No point in trying anymore.

Tbh I am a little disappointed that Anet devs didnt troll the OP by just posting “We care.” and nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

I’m still in absolute disbelief at the fact they have been working on something for 12 months, without consulting with the player base once about what the planned intentions are. If Anet were to actually do as other developers do and offer a basic poll then the new borderland could have been a success, not the complete failure it has turned out to be. It would also have saved the devs from the heartache of watching their work be slated and heckled since HoT release.

After now 4 months and much time spent on the new borders I appreciate the effort by the devs, but sadly the maps are just pretty. As a wvw map they fail at the basic functions we want. Until those issues are addressed the playerbase will continue to haemorrhage players and population slide will continue.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

They dont care, otherwise they would have talked to us the last 12 Month.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Merged, but unanswered.
Which is an answer, after a fashion I recon.

A: Quit bugging us

in WvW

Jorah.2389

Love the fact that they merged the post with the subject “Anet if you care please reply”

This action shows totally disrespect by Anet and tries to camuflage their attitude towards wvw… that is…. total 0 f%&/(s given

in WvW

Jski.6180

So a lot of the old keeps where heavy wall aimed in that you could take down 2 sets of walls inner and outer with one set of catas. Now that catas are cheaper and its a bit slower to upgrade (you cant rush walls or wp) you will find it a lot easier to flip them and much harder to def them. That and a lot of what giving the new bl its flavor / def is the shrine the old “shrine system” dose not fit the ppk that we have and the added def of the keeps / towers.

We like to remember the best of things and often forget the worst the old bl where easy to flip and hard to def to the point of them being nothing more then krama maps for loot and eb was the main map ppl played on to the point of having very high Q more so then we have now.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

OMG you guys, they just said it last month that they are working on it and it will be ready later this year, you guys want a daily blog or something? I mean there’s nothing much to say for a daily blog unless you want to hear about pve stuff the wvw staff are working on. I’m sure they’ve come in here and read the thread titles, and have a good idea of how to revive wvw.

God they’re on year four of the five year wvw overhaul, cut them some slack. I’m sure they will be out of planning phase soon, and they will let us know a week before when it’s ready for live release, they’ll even have a one paragraph blog set up everyday to highlight the main things coming, so have some patience. Four year wait is not as bad as waiting for your kids to grow up and leave for college.

get your fact straight, they never promised it will be ready, they said beta.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer