When will we have our 3rd borderland map?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Don’t expect to see a third Borderlands until X3. X2, if we’re really lucky.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

Does it remind you of the T8 maps from whence you came, dearie? Miles of running around without seeing anyone?

Not really, at least not recently with YB/Ferg zerging around on every map right now in the current linking.

Honestly I just don’t see the hate, it’s a fun map, but since it’s not the alpine BL’s no one gives it a chance because… gasp they have to play a game!

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Does it remind you of the T8 maps from whence you came, dearie? Miles of running around without seeing anyone?

Not really, at least not recently with YB/Ferg zerging around on every map right now in the current linking.

Honestly I just don’t see the hate, it’s a fun map, but since it’s not the alpine BL’s no one gives it a chance because… gasp they have to play a game!

A lot of people gave it a chance and still hate it. I know it’s crazy but people have different tastes.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Does it take a little longer to get around, sure, but is it really THAT much longer? I doubt it.

A little?

You want a comparison that I’ve used before, go to desert border, SW tower.

Stand in the lord room or on the western wall (it helps if you own it, lol). Now look straight west.

See that sentry standing by the tall cliff?

On ABL, that’s the distance to bay outer walls when you stand in the SW tower and look NW.

So yeah. A little.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

A flat grassland with 3 towers (just straight stairs leading to a room with no walls, when you capture the tower you get a cookie). Done!

I would like see how a city map works in WvW.

Something along the lines of Divinity’s Reach, Ebonhawke or the Black Citadel but with the standard set of objectives.

Black Citadel, are you kidding me? I can’t even stand to set foot in that place. Ugly and convoluted. The opposite of what we need in WvW.

Aesthetics are irrelevant – I was talking conceptually.

I mean a tighter map where people are going to run into each other but roamers/havoc can avoid zergs by taking back streets, tunnels etc.

Wide maps like deserted BL are not fun – so I think a tight map like a city would be worth a try.

This, would really like to see a city warfare map, where you can take a small area and fill it with hiding spots, ambushes, choke holds, etc so you can ambush and ambush just to get ambushed :p

Ok not that extreme, but it would make for a very different feel. With people more compacted, but with more different types of spots to stand on an fight from. Where you could stand on top of roofs and pepper enemies under you with ranged attacks, only to have them run for cover in structures, or even use those structures to go up and fight them in melee.

As everything, it has its problems as well, but I think it could be really fun.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

Does it take a little longer to get around, sure, but is it really THAT much longer? I doubt it.

A little?

You want a comparison that I’ve used before, go to desert border, SW tower.

Stand in the lord room or on the western wall (it helps if you own it, lol). Now look straight west.

See that sentry standing by the tall cliff?

On ABL, that’s the distance to bay outer walls when you stand in the SW tower and look NW.

So yeah. A little.

Guess I never noticed that it was that long of distance between towers, but really I don’t understand the issue, as I never felt that it was longer (evidenced by the fact that I was wrong about the distance)

I don’t like cramped maps though, I’m of a mindset that I enjoy large maps with fewer people on it. This doesn’t just go into GW2, but many other games as well.. I like big maps on games like Battlefield (or to the lesser extent CoD, there are larger maps on there compared to the more popular smaller maps). It’s probably why I enjoy the DBL’s more than the Alpines, or at least a large reason, in addition to my reasons in a previous post.

I’m not a fan of the ABL’s because of this reason. And no I like fights too from time to time as K-Training does get boring, I just don’t like that everything is close together (and why I don’t even set foot in EBG). Too crowded.

But to each their own.

in WvW

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Technically, we do have a third BL map available: The Original ABL (with the water area in the center, and deeper rivers connecting much of the map). Needs a little cleanup probably to make it work again, but not much I think.

I certainly preferred that to the current ABL, though I’m also fond of the underwater combat system. Its one of the few areas I get to implement EvE style tactics (3D orbiting etc) against another player, and usually won every 1v1 down there. Also had great fun being chased halfway across the map while escaping down a river – and surviving.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)