Where can I find info to master WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Revan.4653

Revan.4653

I know a bit how WvW works, but I’m looking for YouTube videos or other resurces on how to 100% understand every aspect of WvW and what exactly to do in every single situation.

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

A lot of knowing what to do in WvW is to just experience it. Hell every time I get wiped while commanding I take a second to look at what I did wrong and learn from that mistake. There is no way that you will be able to just watch or read and know what to do in every situation. That being said the wiki can provide you with some base knowledge but any specific questions feel free to add me and ill try and help you out.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

in WvW

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

It’s pretty much all over on youtube and google. But yeah, experiencing it is a must. Just search “wvw guide” or something. Maybe specify a class and the role you want to play: commander, roaming, zerging, class responsibilities, etc.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

OJT!!! You can’t beat it.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Here’s something i’ve been working on for the last few months.

http://knightsoftherosegw2.enjin.com/forum/m/6280483/viewthread/11972656-commanders-codex

I’ve been trying to mine information from the forums to update this mighty popular, albiet a bit outdated PDF: http://guildwars2.ro/Ghid-WvW.pdf

(edited by Hamster.4861)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I know a bit how WvW works, but I’m looking for YouTube videos or other resurces on how to 100% understand every aspect of WvW and what exactly to do in every single situation.

You can’t. Strategies and tactics change all the time. There are overall basics, but then, each guild does things slightly differently.

Open world PvP metas change depending on the community and new content released by devs. I.E. when bloodlust was introduced, it was misunderstood and not contested much, despite it being more OP back then compared to now. Now, in T1, it is the single most important factor in determining the outcome of the matchup.

Speaking of which, every tier does things differently too.

Just join a WvW guild and learn from them.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

Find the blue pin on the map, follow it, and hope your blob is bigger than the red blob.

That and don’t stand in the red circles.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

(edited by Myst.5783)

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I have four words for you that should help you on your way to understanding WvW.

fall, stand, learn, adapt

what does it mean?

• it means, learn from your mistakes.
  • it means, never give up.
  • it means, adapt to ever changing circumstances.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

1. roll guardian
2. join zerg
3. press 1
4. pick up loot bags.

There, a complete guide to playing wvw the easy way. (I don’t play guardian in wvw btw).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

One of the biggest failings in this game is the lack of credible information about WvW.

Many spend hours trying to tell others what they know but until there is a manual (guess what, field manuals are normal…) we will have to word-of-mouth it and read a wiki that isn’t always correct. (believe me, or not, experience trumps words written by others who may or may not be playing the game right now…)

I wish to heck there was a way for everyone to have a WvW 101 – to have a better understanding of the available benefits that are hit and miss if one just stumbles into WvW as I did. after 8 MONTHS of only PvP and NO PvE to speak of.

It’s culture shock at the very least – luckily for me they allowed us to retrait all our WvW skill points because I will tell all to take defense against guards as much as possible.

One in defensive siege is better than NOTHING.

Getting some siege back in supply is extremely valuable.

Hitting dolyaks, if you are not full of supply, has a chance to give you what they drop. (just learned this one this WEEK)

It’s not experience – spending time in WvW would never have taught me any of this – not one thing, what did? People – and 90% of it was on Henge of Denravi after I moved just before the present season.

People matter. Communication matters. TeamSpeak matters.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

If you are asking this you cant have too much experience as a wvw player.
First you need to make a good team. Randoms cant beat guild teams.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Latinkuro.9420

I wish to heck there was a way for everyone to have a WvW 101

• Many WvW communities do have extensive WvW 101 guides, manuals, do’s and don’t.
  • Another reason for the lack of certain types of info about WvW is because certain servers have what they believe to be unique strategies that noone else knows about, and obviously sharing those is a big no no to them

All I can say is find yourself a good WvW guild, join them play and learn.
if at 1st you don’t succeed, try again.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I wish to heck there was a way for everyone to have a WvW 101

• Many WvW communities do have extensive WvW 101 guides, manuals, do’s and don’t.
  • Another reason for the lack of certain types of info about WvW is because certain servers have what they believe to be unique strategies that noone else knows about, and obviously sharing those is a big no no to them

All I can say is find yourself a good WvW guild, join them play and learn.
if at 1st you don’t succeed, try again.

I have been in many WvW guilds, not one of them has anything to help a player get up to speed.

Maybe that’s on your server – other servers aren’t anywhere near as ordered and helpful.

Luckily for me, I’ve now found a few who are willing to impart some of their experience – and that’s not good for others who are even far more clueless about the nuances of WvW than I am and don’t know who to ask yet.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Latinkuro.9420

I have been in many WvW guilds, not one of them has anything to help a player get up to speed.
Maybe that’s on your server – other servers aren’t anywhere near as ordered and helpful.

I wouldn’t call those guilds WvW specific than !
I’m in a PVX guild and they do have guides and 101’s for every aspect of the game be it pve, pvp or wvw.

ADVICE: Find yourself a decent respectable guild to join.

TIP: Stop guild hopping, build some trust and some loyalty it will take you far.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

1. roll guardian
2. join zerg
3. press 1
4. pick up loot bags.

There, a complete guide to playing wvw the easy way. (I don’t play guardian in wvw btw).

Obviously you don’t play guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Honestly, there is no better teacher than just going out and screwing up. Mistakes are more valuable than success, because we can study our mistakes and improve. Your own server may have a community site with guides and a wealth of information. You should find these and study them as much as possible. But that’s only just the foundation, beyond that is all first hand experience. Make sure to own up to your mistakes, and examine them without personal bias. See what went wrong, and how you can fix it for your next attempt and never ever give up. As long as you keep trying, you’ll continue to improve. It’s not something that happens overnight, but something that happens over the course of several months. And make sure you never assume that you know it all, there’s always more you can learn. When you stop trying to learn, you’ll find that you’ll quickly fall behind.

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Just go on teamspeak. This is the best way. You can listen to the commander, dont have to talk, but if you have questions during a non-battle, just ask in TS. It sure beats trial and error.