Which EU server for WvW

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Hey,

Im currently on a T1 NA server and personally speaking I find WvW boring on here, I personally find its more about the siege than the fights,

Id prefer good open field battles to siege wars, from what I see pretty much the top 6-9 servers in EU have decent battles, but is there quieter times on these servers which aren’t suited so much for the open field battles?

Far Shiverspeaks has really grabbed my attention from twitch with the open field battles they are doing.

Anyone got any input?

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Seafarer’s Rest almost always goes for good open field battles.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Pick Sfr if you want to get wiped allover the place and go for PPT and pvding only.

Pick FSP if you wanna go balls deep and scare kittens like SFR into their towers and keep hiding from all the cruel things we do to them.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Entenkommando.5208

Pick Sfr if you want to get wiped allover the place and go for PPT and pvding only.

Pick FSP if you wanna go balls deep and scare kittens like SFR into their towers and keep hiding from all the cruel things we do to them.

I almost laughed a bit.
You never hear a single time in ts that anyone cares about ppt. It’s rather like “Let’s attack that keep there. Maybe they will finally come and fight.” If you don’t come we are of course doing pvd…it’s about you coming to defend.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The best time for big open fights in EU is obviously the late afternoons and evenings.

FSP is famous of big very well organized zergs/blobs. Currently SFR still has the highest numbers and best coverage. If you want to be part of a big zerg, which is mowing the maps, I suggest going to those servers. But every top server in EU has commanders and guilds which flourish in open field battles.

Here on Desolation we are often outnumbered, but our good coverage (players on every hour) gives us a high ranking. As you can see from server history Desolations rank has been ranging from #1 to #5 in since May 2014. I think the server rank going up and down is actually a good thing because it allows more varied match up, we can get opponents from EU ranks #1-9. I also like that the queues are almost non existing.

On Desolation is not unusual to have just 1-3 players on the tag, but despite that the Desolators take the entire map. If I am commanding and I see enemy server come with 25+ zerg and I have much less players, I am not going to give any “good” fights. If I cannot summon help from other maps, I will just flee, drain supplies, stall enemy with traps and try to capture as much as possible from other parts of the map. In other words outside the busy hours, WvWvW is often very imbalanced. Smart enemies will avoid the combat instead of being mowed down by a massive enemy blob.

So which ever server you choose, you should try to play on busy hours to experience the good open field battles.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

FSP is probably your best choice if you play during the day/primetime for EU and want to just fight. If you’re in NA and play NAish hours you probably need to be on SFR just because most other servers are dead NA times. Maybe Deso isn’t as dead but they have less overall.

My friend transferring from T1 NA left for T1 EU and said it felt like NA T3 numbers wise, anecdotal but still maybe something to consider. Might just be his playtime.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Yeah if you are play outside of what is known as “EU primetime”, then I would heavely suggest SFR, first day might look like they are lossing hard but will get better over NA primetime. If you would like better fights without AC I would suggest FSP.

Really comes down to what time you are playing on.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Entenkommando.5208

From my fighting experience I’d also say that fsp is a good alternative.
But I definitly wouldn’t recommend deso if you want good fights outside of keeps…

Depending on your playstyle I can say that sfr is much more active outside of weekend, so if you have a lot of work and like to play on weekends there may not be that much happening (as you can also see on the actual scores). But Monday-Thursday you ususally got a lot of guild raids running in case you are interested in joining their fights.

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Pick FSP if you wanna join guilds that blobs are bigger than other servers zone blobs and then you can brag how you win fights against PUGs in prime time. Of course these guilds will lose against karma trains in EotM because EotM if just too hc for them. Maybe i should upload video where SLAY guild wipe every time against upscaled karma trainers.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

t1 eu servers is pretty boring, unless your a guardian and have a staff then u can enjoy the blob x vs blob y running into each other spammin 1 11 111 11 11 and then turn around and repeat till one of the 2 blobs won..

if thats what u enjoy go for any t1 server else i would sink a bit on the list if i was u.
transfered away from t1 server not long ago PvP is just plain kittened… community on the other hand on t1 servers are far superior too the lower servers but i guess that what makes them a t1 server.. having far more pvpers willing to win but honestly the PvP on these servers is not something i was happy about i sinked so deep that i went to last server on the list well they went up to 3rd last by now but w/e atleast PvP here is not blob vs blob and havent seen this kittened running into each other and spam 1 till 1 blob vanished..

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I wouldn’t recommend Deso right now, if you’re looking for good public tags, that supplies good fights and loot, FSP is prolly your best bet, but I bet they have queues whenever a decent pugmander is leading.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

zengara.8301

Pick FSP if you wanna join guilds that blobs are bigger than other servers zone blobs and then you can brag how you win fights against PUGs in prime time. Of course these guilds will lose against karma trains in EotM because EotM if just too hc for them. Maybe i should upload video where SLAY guild wipe every time against upscaled karma trainers.

wow…….ehmm.
Sorry, but think you are getting something wrong…….EoTM is a leveling ground simply a karma train ground, if you are in EoTM you are mainly either looking to farm, or gank low level players since WvW players might be too hard. You wont get a equal fight from EoTM….The main issue is ofcourse level/build, if 1 group got 10 level 5´s you are guaranteed a win, it is simply not a fair matchup, which basically makes it a bad fight in the end…also why people do not fight in EoTM.

In EoTM people simply only care about karma/level farming, WvW is for fights, and sorry to say this, but stopping or killing a pug low level group who just want to level up….seems edgy, you are essentially just stopping them from level and probably made a few people quit on commander which suddenly made the leveling experience worse, rather than fighting equally.

Something like this, is what real fights looks like.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Join FSP, then park your alt a/c in SFR’s spawn area to ensure your 80 man FSP 2-3 guild blob has a chance of beating the pugmander’s 20.

I see huge Kodash and FSP blobs on EB whilst guilds go to the BL’s looking for fights and struggle to find them (until the guild blob moves from EB to their own BL).

Generally SFR loses ground in primetime as the wvw guilds are only interested in looking for fights of 20 or so, whilst the blobbers run around capping.

If there is a good fight to be had inside a keep or garri then ofc guilds will join in, making for some epic battles.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

If you play NA prime, you’ll be bored out of your mind on EU unless you enjoy pvdooring empty keeps and getting no fights.

You’ll only see big blob fights during the afternoon (SEA prime) and in prime time.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

From playing against FSP and SFR I can easily say that FSP >>> Sfr.
Either FSP or Piken if you want top dog.
Pick Gandara if you want to be less blobby.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

pick sfr if you want to win through full ppt
pick fsp if you want to choose the perfect boy in class that has no true growth potential
pick deso if you want to do a lot of hard work, cause there is not much left of that community
pick gandara for if you really love fighting
pick jade sea if you want mono blobbing all the maps
pick piken if you want to go full hardcore.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Deli.1302

pick gandara for if you want to have 20 on tag, with 40 on ts, on a queued map

fixed

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

snarfrificus.4230

i think more servers have that problem xD.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Deli.1302

Not as excessive as Gandara. Happens daily there.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

snarfrificus.4230

i have heared of situations on certain servers that have 50 to 60 on ts 15 on tag…

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

zengara.8301

is gandara good at fighting o.o?

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

What good at fighting means? Brain dead chimps could be good at blob fights. Some best players that i know are totally useless in blob fights. Others go inside keep and try to clear lord room while these good players stay outside and fight alone against 5 players.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

zengara.8301

What good at fighting means? Brain dead chimps could be good at blob fights. Some best players that i know are totally useless in blob fights. Others go inside keep and try to clear lord room while these good players stay outside and fight alone against 5 players.

Well….skill level in Guild Wars 2 does not seem to as complex as for example starcraft 2 I have played Gw2 for like 2-3 years but never got the idea that Gw2 required that much skill, seems more about knowledge. As for example knowledge about a certain build, when to dodge and other profession, actually clicking the dodge or dodging after knowing does not seem that skillful as for example beating a Diamond-Masters players in Starcraft. Even lupi is more about knowledge, yeah it does require a bit more skill to solo him since alot of things need to be considered at once even if you know every move he does, but still.

I guess you are talking about roamers with roaming builds, like ranger/thiefs?

But I was generally talking about commanders/connection between players/roamers/scouts etc.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Entenkommando.5208

pick piken if you want to be Vizunah 2.0

/fixed

All we wanted was a GvG.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

pick piken if you want to be Vizunah 2.0

/fixed

Naw Troma’s back. Viz 2.0 will be Viz 2.0.

They’re steadily climbing

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

pick piken if you want to go full hardcore.

Eh, not really true there. I’ve heard they sometimes have the same problem as Gandara (too many roamers..), but otherwise I think they have a casual/hc Community.

Deso is also a bunch of PPT tryhards, who qq when things don’t get their way, they blame everyone else that does not believe in PPT anymore.

It used to be a place where you could find good pugmanders who didn’t run from fights, or even when I commanded, when people didn’t have a clue what do without a Tag and have a bit of fun, now most of them rage quit.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

pick sfr if you want to win through full ppt
pick fsp if you want to choose the perfect boy in class that has no true growth potential
pick deso if you want to do a lot of hard work, cause there is not much left of that community

Hehe. Desolation often really feels like the “hardmode” in WvWvW. Being very often outnumbered and not getting the players to stick close enough to the blue tag (open commander) makes it tiring. Many famous commanders have rage quitted or left to other servers, but at the same time many of the old core who has been on server for ages is still there and new players keep coming in. If you cannot handle the constant pressure, I cannot recommend Desolation for you.

I am one of those who guys who plays for the points, aka “ppt hero”. But if I have roughly equal numbers or larger numbers I push and attack. I think both the “we just want good open field fights” and “maximize points for tick, defend hard, stall & drain supplies if you cannot, flip all the camps” should co-exist.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Try Underworld. We have GREAT open fields for you to run around there and tumbleweed to battle ; )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Im on Aurora Glade no raging kids, no match manipulation, no “get of my lawn” guilds
, no doubleteaming. nice community. However we are doing bad this MU
When were against millers and arborstone its farmfest

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

If you want good fights with a consistent community I’d say go for Gunners Hold. I’m currently on Aurora Glade and I’m giving serious consideration to switching. Were currently fighting Gunners & Elona Reach and our turnout is pathetic (Too many fairweather WvWers who are only interested when we can farm noobs).

Gunners have good turnouts regardless who they’re fighting.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

If you want good fights with a consistent community I’d say go for Gunners Hold. I’m currently on Aurora Glade and I’m giving serious consideration to switching. Were currently fighting Gunners & Elona Reach and our turnout is pathetic (Too many fairweather WvWers who are only interested when we can farm noobs).

Why don’t you l2p and carry your server?

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

Try Underworld. We have GREAT open fields for you to run around there and tumbleweed to battle ; )

But equally so few chickens cos most of them left

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Wow that is classic….. and sfr karma/bandwagon train player telling others how to do wvw

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Wow that is classic….. and sfr karma/bandwagon train player telling others how to do wvw

88 tier 1 wins. I carry server so hard that i can play EotM whole time. I don’t even get this band wagoning stuff. Why don’t you just select server in launch and start winning like we did?

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

88 tier 1 wins. I carry server so hard that i can play EotM whole time. I don’t even get this band wagoning stuff. Why don’t you just select server in launch and start winning like we did?

Maybe if that had been the case and that the servers did not all say high or very high pop people could choose one and stay on it.

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Winning lol. coverage wars is not winning, and to be fair didnt you always get beat by vizunah when they where still top dog…

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Winning lol. coverage wars is not winning, and to be fair didnt you always get beat by vizunah when they where still top dog…

WvW is marathon, not sprint. Viz rage quited after 45 tier 1 wins.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Entenkommando.5208

Let’s see when vizu is back. You will never have been so wrong calling SFr ppt hunters.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

if you’re na time like myself…do a higher tier. it’s sad but its a ghost town when the english go to bed for this poor murican. currently on Spikin had fun for the first day i was there…which was last night

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lol welcome to sPiken

Hope you brought your extra padding, we tend to dive into blobs regardless of numbers, lol.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Lol welcome to sPiken

Hope you brought your extra padding, we tend to dive into blobs regardless of numbers, lol.

From last friday you like to avoid fights and rather do some spawn killing. The famous piken crew, lmao

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lol welcome to sPiken

From last friday you like to avoid fights and rather do some spawn killing. The famous piken crew, lmao

Really? I wasn’t on much last week but played all yesterday and it was yolo as usual for us. Perhaps we were on different maps?

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Lol welcome to sPiken

Really? I wasn’t on much last week but played all yesterday and it was yolo as usual for us. Perhaps we were on different maps?

It was on EB, very sad and not very Piken like. Spawn blobbing our entrance while Deso tried to take our keep. And this went on for about an hour

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: moonwalker.5643

moonwalker.5643

Go play on Ruins of Surmia. Nice communit&small scale open field fights.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lol welcome to sPiken

It was on EB, very sad and not very Piken like. Spawn blobbing our entrance while Deso tried to take our keep. And this went on for about an hour

Ah we’ve been bandwagoned a bit, lots of new faces, and EB is usually where all the new folks go. Piken doesn’t normally do that, you know that. Bear with us, growing pains.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Overgrown Grub.5921

Overgrown Grub.5921

FSP is the least welcoming server most likely to be rude and unhelpful to new people, they also struggle for commanders a lot of the time.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DamnThoseNames.8791

DamnThoseNames.8791

Fsp just scared about being bandwagoned. FSP is a tier 1 server that is organised enough to tank every match, so they won’t gain rating.
My advise is that more ppl should join fsp, so they’ll finally be 2nd in the rankings were they belong.

Periflor – Mesmer
Cilag – Gaurdian
[RAIN] Wolfs Rain

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Pick Vabbi if you want a hopeless case and the opportunity to constitute 50% of all the population during european low times :p

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

If you dont want to be just a little tiny piece in blob that dont matter, but you want to enjoy openfield fights, commanding, attacking and defending and have the feelign that YOU matter than join Ring of Fire.
Its not like we are dead, we just dont have blobs 24/7. During NA primetime its quietter yes, but it just means that you dont need to run from one keep to another all the time.
Mostly there is just one group for a borderland consisting of 15-25 people, so its normal to spend 2 hours on one camp because they will just keep comming back all the time.

Which EU server for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Fsp just scared about being bandwagoned. FSP is a tier 1 server that is organised enough to tank every match, so they won’t gain rating.
My advise is that more ppl should join fsp, so they’ll finally be 2nd in the rankings were they belong.

If there ever comes a reason to play ppt games then maybe Fsp would bother to push it, but atm I don’t see a reason so personally I just go find some fights while playing, not looking much at the tick or which keep we could take to get more pts – simply not seeing the point to do that. I will always come to defend though because it means more fights against actual players.

As for starter question: I would stay in NA, there is no need for more “off-hours” ppl in EU, imo. It only adds more and more to coverage wars which are already boring.