Which World to transfer to?

in WvW

Posted by: RawrItsTandy.6425

RawrItsTandy.6425

I started playing GW2 in the last week or so. One of the big things that I was looking forward to was the concept of WvW play. I liked the idea of the mechanics and the fact that the little man can still be useful by running supplies (supposedly). Sadly some acquaintances were already playing on Desolation and mainly running PvE content so I chose for my home world to be there.

Since I have started playing WvW on this server group I have found that at all times of day there are Vizunah Square zergs tearing all of the maps up and I can’t even sneak a supply point on a quieter map without getting rushed by a horde of them.

I tried playing as part of the group but all that seems to be is standing on the blue commander marker and running around like a deranged swarm of bees and spamming AoE only to get outblobbed before achieving anything meaningful.

I’ve even rolled a Ranger and an Engineer as alts to be able to throw out some AoE spam myself considering my Guardian main doesn’t seem to be well suited to this ridiculous zerging,.

My question is this. If I am going to fork out for gems to change my home world, which should I transfer to for the purpose of having enjoyable WvW. I don’t mind some zerging but I hate that it is the only strategy here. I’d like to be able to enjoy some small roams too. English isn’t my first language but I would prefer it to be the language of the server.

Edit – Forgot to point out that this is for the EU servers.

(edited by RawrItsTandy.6425)

in WvW

RawrItsTandy.6425

I love the video for your server! Seems like exactly what I would like. Do you know how the latency is for European players on your server?

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

I love the video for your server! Seems like exactly what I would like. Do you know how the latency is for European players on your server?

Wish I could tell you, mate. I personally haven’t heard any of our EU complain about it, but I will ask around and try to find more details to let you know.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Posted by: DaBleuberry.1780

DaBleuberry.1780

I recently transferred to Devona’s Rest just yesterday and so far I love it. Like the person above said, the people are friendly and do not run around in gigantic zerg-balls. We seem to have a disadvantage with numbers but with that small amount of people we manage to do a lot.

Ássurance [ÆSS] ~Lablueberry

in WvW

RawrItsTandy.6425

I checked the cost to migrate to Devona’s Rest and it’s 1800 gems (25 Euros). Maybe a bit much for me sadly. Almost as much as I paid for the game itself! I love the idea but I think I will have to keep looking at the medium population Euro servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.1965

Zen.1965

As far as NA servers go, T8-T6 you’ll have a lot of good opportunity for small man, ninja tactics, etc. T7 probably best for that. T6 you still have tons of that but you get more zergcentric and coverage becomes an issue. You’ll be steamrolled 5 manning a camp by 30+ far more frequently than in T7. I’m assuming T5 is more of the same, but at least in T6 small man stuff is still important. Just get good at zerg dodging.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Small man stuff is still important in T5, Zen. The problem is that depending on which map you are on, you’ll find they are not as important. Eternal, you may have a hard time flipping places with small-manned teams due to the overabundance of the enemy. Home borderlands will be easier to flip with small teams due to how rarely they fill up with the enemy players. Opposing borderlands…well, you need to hope you don’t get caught before you reach your destination.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.1965

Zen.1965

Yeah that’s kind of what I figured. I just don’t have any T5 experience so I couldn’t really comment on the state of the match up. There’s like a critical mass of player density that once hit slaps a harsh diminishing returns on small man stuff. Not to say it can’t be done, just you have to get good at zerg dodging and prepare your body for the massive amounts of kitten and repair you will endure. Lines of scrimmage get laid out and if you try ninjaing your way past it you’ll most likely meet a 15+ group very quickly. Response time is also way quicker and the likelihood of you being cut off on your way to camp B from camp A increases. T7 seems to be the haven for small man in NA.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Do you know how the latency is for European players on your server?

EU to NA latency isn’t bad. I average somewhere in the region of 150-200ms. It’s more than playable without really noticeably affecting your gameplay, but some folks are iffy about even getting into triple figures full stop.

You’ll be steamrolled 5 manning a camp by 30+ far more frequently than in T7.

You guys get steamrolled in a camp by 30+ in T6? O_o Outside of EB, I don’t remember the last time that happened in T4.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I tried playing as part of the group but all that seems to be is standing on the blue commander marker and running around like a deranged swarm of bees and spamming AoE only to get outblobbed before achieving anything meaningful.

I’ve even rolled a Ranger and an Engineer as alts to be able to throw out some AoE spam myself considering my Guardian main doesn’t seem to be well suited to this ridiculous zerging,.

My question is this. If I am going to fork out for gems to change my home world, which should I transfer to for the purpose of having enjoyable WvW. I don’t mind some zerging but I hate that it is the only strategy here. I’d like to be able to enjoy some small roams too. English isn’t my first language but I would prefer it to be the language of the server.

Edit – Forgot to point out that this is for the EU servers.

1. I recommend you get yourself a community/guild that uses a voice-communication software to coordinate. The zerging makes a lot more sense when you understand why.
  2. The guardian is amazing for zerging. Arguably the best.
  3. The guilds who left T1 all transferred to Ruins of Surmia. Perhaps you will find some familiar names there.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

RawrItsTandy.6425

I’m going to give Ruins of Surmia a try then. Thank you.

If it doesn’t work out for me i’ll transfer again further on down the line to Devona’s Rest.