^title

Dragonhunter, tempest, reapers, chronomancer and revenant

(edited by LiQuid.3958)

Which elite spec. builds will you use?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

all of them lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: LiQuid.3958

LiQuid.3958

Lol, the original title had more info but I had to shorten it because of the 45 char. limit, i guess this is better now.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I have two 80’s of each profession with two free character slots. Plan on making one of each profession with the elite spec for that particular prof.

Ugh, I have no life.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Fully anticipating trying some massive aoe burn games with the dragonhunter and incoming zergs. Though going frontline reaper sounds REALLY fun.

I also want to give a zerg support revenant a try. Using shiro to attack gankers and ventari to support the melee train.

Chronomancer I think also has some really good possibilities in wvw. (double self portals) (double timewarps) (double veils or mass invisibilties).

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Chrono if only for the innate movement speed. Finally no need for Traveler runes, anymore.

Also maybe Reaper, since i’m thinking about leveling my necro to 80, anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Fully anticipating trying some massive aoe burn games with the dragonhunter and incoming zergs. Though going frontline reaper sounds REALLY fun.

I also want to give a zerg support revenant a try. Using shiro to attack gankers and ventari to support the melee train.

Chronomancer I think also has some really good possibilities in wvw. (double self portals) (double timewarps) (double veils or mass invisibilties).

As useless as it is, mesmer already has access to double utility skills via “Mimic”.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Reaper and chronomancer look the most promising from a wvw perspective so probably mainly those two.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I think Reaper is going to be more of an sPvP / roaming class.

I think if you play a Reaper in T1 blob fight you will melt (light armour, no mobility and no “oh ….” buttons).

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

So far necro has been an integral part of GWEN, and since Reaper actually gets more mobility on its shroud combined with generally more melee-centric abilities, i wouldn’t think so.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I think Reaper is going to be more of an sPvP / roaming class.

I think if you play a Reaper in T1 blob fight you will melt (light armour, no mobility and no “oh ….” buttons).

Reaper will be alright in a heavy frontline party. Something like 2 guard/1warrior/1 reaper/1 necro. You can build up armor pretty easily, and vitality is the strong for the Necro. Life force generation is going to be the PITA for a Reaper.

in WvW

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

R.E.V. Until War or Engi drop it will be all Rev

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Necro is in the zerg meta for damage. Only for damage.

Reaper, as is, won’t be in the meta. Other classes do literally everything else a Reaper does but better (link to the whole spec here, give it a look). Chill is almost pointless in a zerg with the amount of condi cleanses, to be viable in a frontline means taking Foot in the Grave which means no Death Perception… no damage… no point. It’s just a weaker Guardian/Warrior that the party has to carry harder than a backline Necro, for less damage and half-kitten utilities.

#3moreyears

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

None currently, haven’t purchased it yet because they have yet to unveil $50 worth of content, let alone $100. IF the other specializations (mainly Engi/Druid) are interesting and worth while then I might consider dropping money on it.

It’s not like the xpac has ANYTHING that a WvW player needs that we won’t get for free. Inb4 Specializations which are currently not all that impressive with the exception of maybe the Mesmer.