Which map do you play on?

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

I know there are people who have their preference. Are you a Borderlands player, or an Eternal Battlegrounds person?

Personally, I’m EB. I know that map very well. Borderlands feels like a constant jumping puzzle with the terrain.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: yertle.5837

yertle.5837

borderlands if guild op, otherwise EB because there seem to be fewer exploits being actively abused.

Apart from those issues, I enjoy borderlands because it has much more room to move in.

Acenn (Thief)
also L80 Ele/Necro/Mesmer
IoJ

(edited by yertle.5837)

in WvW

Posted by: Wulfe.8092

Wulfe.8092

I prefer borderland maps, in particular enemy borderland maps. Once you learn the terrain well, you can use it to your advantage. I don’t overly care for zergfests which turns me off on EB somewhat. I will pop in on occassion, but not very often.

Wulfe Icewind
GM – Hounds of Valhalla

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

I prefer borderlands, EB is too siege orientated. in the borderlands you can get good group on group combat out in the field not hiding behind a ton of arrow carts

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Dear Hunter.8365

Dear Hunter.8365

I prefer the borderlands especially an enemy borderland. It is incredibly rewarding working your way towards the enemies main garrison.

Dear Hunter The Colorful Charr Guardian
USA (United Sanctum Alliance)
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I play all to be honest. Some days I enjoy the balance that EB brings, and the importance of SM. Some days I play borderlands maps and enjoy how much better the supply camps are. I mean that supply camp south of the keep on the west of the map is amazing. The roof is great for siege and there’s a hill at the other side of it where you can also play siege. The gate makes a nice choke too. Supply camps sure feel a bit more important on BL maps. If I do play BL though, I never seem to play my own servers one. I much prefer working my way up from the south rather than jumping off a million cliffs to get anywhere.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

I go where I’m needed. No preference.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Osskil.1029

Osskil.1029

I go where I’m needed. No preference.

Pretty much this. Why just sit in a map that you already control the majority of when there are all kinds of other colored camps/towers in the BLs?

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Eternal Battlegrounds:

+more diverse Landscape
+higher level resource-nodes
+relatively flat

-commonly populated with random players
-everything is very close together

Borderlands

+slightly more spread out

-copy-pasta landscapes 3 times
-excessive elevation (aka. too many high cliffs)
-lower-level resources
-too symmetrical

Overall I much prefer the EB even if things are too close together. The fact that the three Borderlands are practically identical and very symmetrical they get boring very quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Where ever the bad commanders are not

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

The guild I’m in ([GODS] in Fort Aspenwood) only goes to BL so our members don’t get stuck in queues. I haven’t been to EB since the fight with Maguuma and SoS. We owned the whole map so I went in and did map completion, lol.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]