Which medium class???

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Damash.1074

Damash.1074

Which medium class should i choose for Solo Roaming and maybe 1 v 2??? in WvW?

Engineer, Thief or Ranger???

Alpha Alex

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

I personally like a condi/bunker engineer. You can have perma-swiftness, a ton of vigor, survivability, and a great amount of killing power. I run dire armor, rabid trinkets/weapons. This class isn’t the easiest to learn as you have to learn how to use your toolkits (grenades specifically can be difficult) but the reward is great.

If you’re looking for a power based class though I’d go thief.

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Engi I think is best for solo roaming. Thief for sneaking around. Ranger for… dunno. Not good with rangers.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

All can be good depending on your playstyle.
I find engineer the easiest to play (killed a mesmer with an uplevel ) But I took no camps yet, so can’t say.
Thief is funny, but few specs are really good to both take camps and duels.
Rangers… well, it’s my main… it is an easy class to play badly.. very few working specs, lots of points to be put in one branch to have a working build, part of the DPS is on an IA pet that apparently can’t hit any moving target… I take camps within a minute, when undefended – With practice (lots of practice) rangers can take 1V1, some 1v2, but the slightest mistake with a ranger means death, while other classes are more forgiving.

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Engi I think is best for solo roaming. Thief for sneaking around. Ranger for… dunno. Not good with rangers.

Rangers are best at naming pets. Though even at that they’re a bit wonky

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I find engineer the easiest to play (killed a mesmer with an uplevel ) But I took no camps yet, so can’t say.
Thief is funny, but few specs are really good to both take camps and duels.
Rangers… well, it’s my main… it is an easy class to play badly.. very few working specs, lots of points to be put in one branch to have a working build, part of the DPS is on an IA pet that apparently can’t hit any moving target… I take camps within a minute, when undefended – With practice (lots of practice) rangers can take 1V1, some 1v2, but the slightest mistake with a ranger means death, while other classes are more forgiving.

Engis are among the hardest class to master but also one of the strongest duelist classes.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Unless you want to play WvW in hard mode avoid Rangers. They should be left to non-dungeon PvE and sPvP by most players at least until they get some ANet love.

Engi or Thief. Thief is far easier to become adept at playing but mistakes will frequently be costly. Engi is harder to master but good ones dominate solo play like few other classes.

Taking a camp with a thief is a piece of cake with the SB. They are also the premier roamer class because they are the only class that gets to choose their fights. They are also hands down the fastest. No other class can avoid zergs or safely roam far from waypoints as easily as a thief.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

[…]

Engis are among the hardest class to master but also one of the strongest duelist classes.

Didn’t speak about mastering :p , just playing… Mastering any class is hard… But it is quite easy to run around, dropping bombs, healing turrets/overcharge/explosion, boots when needed to get some distance, camera turned back to dodge worst attacks, keep dropping bombs/using turrets… “stupid” foes will just keep following you, walking on your bombs :rolleyes: easy play, but no mastery involved

Pretty much every class have such easy modes – they allow to get by, but are not great…
Mastering a class… is always another story.

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

I love roaming on my ranger and can sometimes go up to 1v3 depending on the group. The only class that I really have trouble with at times is condi necros, but if you’re prepared for them, you can swap a few utilities and you should be fine.

All 3 classes are good for roaming though and they can all take camps and handle their own in fights, so if you’re not in a major rush, try your hand at all 3 or just watch different build videos and see which one seems most appealing to your playstyle.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

[…]

Didn’t speak about mastering :p , just playing… Mastering any class is hard… But it is quite easy to run around, dropping bombs, healing turrets/overcharge/explosion, boots when needed to get some distance, camera turned back to dodge worst attacks, keep dropping bombs/using turrets… “stupid” foes will just keep following you, walking on your bombs :rolleyes: easy play, but no mastery involved

Pretty much every class have such easy modes – they allow to get by, but are not great…
Mastering a class… is always another story.

A few months ago no one would have said this about engineer. I blame the rocket boot fix.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Which medium class???

in WvW

Damash.1074

So Engi and Thief are both pretty much on the same level it just depends on playstyle?

Alpha Alex

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: JoeYl.4609

JoeYl.4609

So Engi and Thief are both pretty much on the same level it just depends on playstyle?

Engi is for me the bext class on gw2 they have everything, good hp/armor/damage/lot of condi/ lot of regen hp/good skill to tank or burst/little invi with combo/some stun
even a glassy ing can tank more than a thief
A good ing can do almost the build he wants and be good

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Eng is my fav. Stronger than my thief in a fight and still slippery (but not as much so as my thief) and most importantly by far the most fun class to me in gw2.

It does have a much higher skill floor than thief does though.

You can be an OK thief in WvW and get away with more (mostly because a lot of people turn into mindless grazing cattle when faced with stealth).

The skill ceiling is also higher on eng. You’ll see much larger improvements as you get better at it. Just be prepared for a bit of an initial learning curve and watch some videos. There are a ton of little tricks/combos with eng.

For Eng you might want to start out with something like a HgH Cond build which only has 1 kit and thus feels more like the other characters but is still effective (and will get you used to using your utilities to weapon swap as well as the toolbelt skills). Then move onto 2/3 kit builds which are more flexible and have many more possible combos, but also take more skill and practice to use.

I also agree with the eng for cond, thief for power. Although you can do eng power and thief cond… I would much rather do a hybrid power/cond build for eng. and I’m just not a fan of cond thief.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Which medium class???

in WvW

Damash.1074

Engi is for me the bext class on gw2 they have everything, good hp/armor/damage/lot of condi/ lot of regen hp/good skill to tank or burst/little invi with combo/some stun
even a glassy ing can tank more than a thief
A good ing can do almost the build he wants and be good

Is it possible for an Engi to use just 1 weapon set and 1 kit??? Or do you have to go alot of kits?

Alpha Alex

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Yes you can -

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw has some vids of PP + toolkit HgH eng builds.

You would have to slightly modify the build now though since they moved IP (burn on crit) up from adept to master. – 20/10/0/30/0 with 10 free points to spend as you like would work

Same gear/runes/utilities as before.

It’s a good starting build, but I find 2x/3x kit builds to be superior in most situations.

2 kit build example – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUoHcJLWjoc

3 kit build example – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQd53qlCvo8

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Which medium class???

in WvW

Damash.1074

Still cant choose between Thief and Engineer though =/

I think ill be going with Engi but still dont really know…

Alpha Alex

Which medium class???

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Watch Koroshi play engineer. He used to play thief. He left the game for awhile and now is back; is making an engineer guide even.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast