Which server should I choose for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CosmicCindy.6014

CosmicCindy.6014

Q:

Hi, I am looking for a new server to choose from that has many players for WvW. I am currently playing in Isle of Janthir, but it has gotten pretty empty now. I was thinking of joining blackgate, tarnished coast, or yak’s bend, but it’s full. I am left in deciding if I should go with Sea of Sorrow, Maguuma, or the other very high servers. Please help me decide which server is best for me because I spent on 1800 gems for this. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

What exactly are you looking for in a server? If you want to come check out the SoS community, you can come visit with us at www.sosgw2.com. Say hi in the chat box! We’d love to chat with you

in WvW

CosmicCindy.6014

What exactly are you looking for in a server? If you want to come check out the SoS community, you can come visit with us at www.sosgw2.com. Say hi in the chat box! We’d love to chat with you

I guess I am looking for a lot of active and friendly players in WvW. The server that I am currently in has little to no players on WvW. And I will check out the SoS site

in WvW

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

I’d highly recommend Yak’s Bend. My guild has been to every tier but tier 1 and Yak’s Bend was by far the nicest and have been one of the most solid communities in WvW we’ve came across. The only reason we aren’t on it anymore is only because in tier 2 there is virtually always too many people to fight during most hours for a guild my size (2-5 players). There are plenty of friendly guilds to join on Yak’s Bend for you if you’re interested in joining one.

Yaks-Bend.Enjin.com

(edited by Thorp.7982)

in WvW

CosmicCindy.6014

I’d highly recommend Yak’s Bend. My guild has been to every tier but tier 1 and Yak’s Bend was by far the nicest and have been one of the most solid communities in WvW we’ve came across. The only reason we aren’t on it anymore is only because in tier 2 there is virtually always too many people to fight during most hours for a guild my size (2-5 players). There are plenty of friendly guilds to join on Yak’s Bend for you if you’re interested in joining one.

Yaks-Bend.Enjin.com

Thanks Yak’s bend was on my top 3 list to join, but too bad it’s full

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

At current, YB is no fun anymore. They must be over stacked. Other two servers don’t play much anymore. I am giving thought to dropping down to T3 or T4. Now I had just the opposite feeling about the YB server. I tried for 2 weeks just to get approved for team speak. No luck. I gave up. I did this both in NA and overnights. Kept asking, no one replied.

I have been looking at the scores and seeing which servers have the close est. T2 is just a Blow out, and Karma train. T3 looks promising.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Op should really say what time zone they play. The best fit for you may depend on that….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Liston.9708

At current, YB is no fun anymore. They must be over stacked. Other two servers don’t play much anymore. I am giving thought to dropping down to T3 or T4. Now I had just the opposite feeling about the YB server. I tried for 2 weeks just to get approved for team speak. No luck. I gave up. I did this both in NA and overnights. Kept asking, no one replied.

I have been looking at the scores and seeing which servers have the close est. T2 is just a Blow out, and Karma train. T3 looks promising.

Have an alt there – close score can be deceiving if servers dominate at different times….

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I tried for 2 weeks just to get approved for team speak. No luck. I gave up. I did this both in NA and overnights. Kept asking, no one replied.

Wow. Really?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

I tried for 2 weeks just to get approved for team speak. No luck. I gave up. I did this both in NA and overnights. Kept asking, no one replied.

Wow. Really?

To be fair. He used to be on FA for a long time and think he was somewhat known. They could have been some understandable trust issues there.

There is an extreme amount of bad blood between YB players and FA players, more than what someone would consider healthy.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Wow. Really?

To be fair. He used to be on FA for a long time and think he was somewhat known. They could have been some understandable trust issues there.

Ah. Gotchya.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

CosmicCindy.6014

Op should really say what time zone they play. The best fit for you may depend on that….

I play on the NA Pacific Time Zone (UTC-08:00).

in WvW

CosmicCindy.6014

I will consider looking up on T3, thanks for letting me know

in WvW

Posted by: Remix.2086

Remix.2086

I’d consider T3, but keep in mind TONS of t2 people are going T3. SoS isn’t Full because of that, FA will probably open up too.

I would stay away from Yak’s, and t2 in general. I mean if you like PvD’ing then go for Yak’s because all they do is ktrain. They have 30+ blob on at least 1 map at all times of the day

T3 sounds good, but will soon turn into t2 gvg home lol.

[MR] Mist Raiders
Sucks to Suck

in WvW

CosmicCindy.6014

I’d consider T3, but keep in mind TONS of t2 people are going T3. SoS isn’t Full because of that, FA will probably open up too.

I would stay away from Yak’s, and t2 in general. I mean if you like PvD’ing then go for Yak’s because all they do is ktrain. They have 30+ blob on at least 1 map at all times of the day

Which T3 server do you recommend me to join? I was thinking Maguuma, but I’m not sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Cephas.4293

Cephas.4293

Which T3 server do you recommend me to join? I was thinking Maguuma, but I’m not sure.

The T2 guilds that transferred to T3 did so in an organized way in order to try and keep them balanced. So you will probably have a similar experience on any of the T3 servers.

Tarnished Coast
[OnS] Medaria Minnick – Reaper
The Mad Priest

in WvW

Liston.9708

The T2 guilds that transferred to T3 did so in an organized way in order to try and keep them balanced. So you will probably have a similar experience on any of the T3 servers.

Depends who runs open raids though. I know boo does and they are good peeps. Others may run open as well – only speaking of the one that I know does……