Whisper grief

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Why enemies are allowed to kitten talk me over whisper?

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

they block u, they see ur name in the block list and make a private message, well Anet cant completelly nullify the private message system, that woul daffect the pve servers as well.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Block and you will never hear from them again. It only take a second.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Horrible, I am getting more and more of this. You kill someone you get kittentalked, you get killed you get kittentalked.

Horrible game. Horrible community.

Edit. You don’t get killed you also get kittentalked, forgot to add

This is not a solution. Ignore list has its limit and I am afraid mine is full already.

they block u, they see ur name in the block list and make a private message, well Anet cant completelly nullify the private message system, that woul daffect the pve servers as well.

How about anet turns off the option to block someone in wvwvw if he is not from your world? How hard could that be? -_-

(edited by vove.2768)

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

It use to be worse. Enemies could block you but still send messages which was very aggravating.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Horrible, I am getting more and more of this. You kill someone you get kittentalked, you get killed you get kittentalked.

This is not a solution. Ignore list has its limit and I am afraid mine is full already.

How about anet turns off the option to block someone in wvwvw if he is not from your world? How hard could that be? -_-

What’s so hard to just ignore and move on? Blocking will stop them from spamming your chatbox, and that’s all you need?

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

Whisper grief

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

What’s so hard to just ignore and move on? Blocking will stop them from spamming your chatbox, and that’s all you need?

to do dificult for them they cant even do a pvp game… nowadays. >:}

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

@vove.2768

Out of curiosity, which build(s) are you normally playing when you get this whisper grief?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

You just need to lighten up. Laugh at the whispers. Laugh at the person raging at you. I LOVE getting whispered by an angry pleb. I take SS of them and show friends the good ones. Sometimes we’ll have bets who’ll get the first whisper of the night. It’s the internet m8, you honestly need to adapt to the salt or it will make you like the angry plebs whispering you. Just laugh, take some SS, post on gw2wvw.net to shame them. We’ll all get a laugh out of it. Maybe we can start a SS thread there?

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

I hardly ever receive Salty whispers from killing players, but last night I received a funny whisper from an enemy when I was running from a Zerg, I stole to them to get more distance between me and the Zerg, they were quick to whisper that I stole their goods, which devolved into some great convos through the night as we bother roamed, each randomly sneaking up on the other bursting each other then disengaging to let them recover

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

LOL. some1 defending anet’s incompetence….wow. Never thought I’d see the day.

THis game is designed for trolling. Why else would they tell me the location of those on your block list and does you add to your contacts list who aren’t on the friends list. They make stalking people so so easy.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Whisper grief

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

LOL. some1 defending anet’s incompetence….wow. Never thought I’d see the day.

THis game is designed for trolling. Why else would they tell me the location of those on your block list and does you add to your contacts list who aren’t on the friends list. They make stalking people so so easy.

i didnt get it? did u quote the wrong post???

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Some of the people I consider myself closest to in this game I met by them blocking and then whispering me. Sometimes its a rage whisper that I use to convince him to duel me. We duel things calm down and we just talk.

Other times he likes how I played and asks questions. Wants to know what build I am running/how to beat it etc. I ended up joining the guild im in currently this way. Someone whos guild I used to fight was in contact with me through whispers. One day he sends me an invite to join after the guild I was in was slowing down.

Cutting off the ability to communicate between servers or even learn an opponents tag would prevent any of this from having happened most likely as I am just not a terribly outgoing person.

It sucks that the OP is getting hit with the negative side. But despite that I wouldn’t want anything changed. They already made it difficult to do. Honestly unless the person is a habitual rager most people dont immediately reach for that block button.

Cutting it off entirely would pretty much remove any POSITIVE reaction between servers as well. Beyond the simple “hey these guys are 1v1ning lets NOT stick a object into this guy from behind”

Ghost Yak

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I love getting angry whispers. It usually ends up me making friends, dueling partners, and allies when we are finally paired up…mind you not all become friends as some people need to be keyboard warriors while their mother delivers their hot pockets to their basement where they live.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

There is a limit to the blocklist ?? And you already hit that limit?
Seems like it is more of a problem on your side because i have never heard of anyone who had problems with soo many other players tbh…
Maybe try to change your attitude and just dont let those whispers make you mad

I play WvW a lot but i only get bad whispers from enemies rarely (really rarely)
Do you play a cheesy build that makes other people mad by any chance?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Whisper grief

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Orangensaft.7139, cheese = balanced and skilled. that is how the game was ment to be played.

its a game for lammers XD, not much to do there.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’ve been getting more whisper grief lately, so I bought myself a stack of salt ;-)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I enjoy when I get a whisper from the enemy server although it is very rare that I do get them. Oddly enough I get more whispers on my fashion war skills lol

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I also have a collection of screenshots just for these. My favorite is from a commander who switched to an enemy server mid-match. I held him and his whole guild off of a keep for an hour and he kindly informed me that I should die.

I still glance at that every now and then.

Anyway, there’s no stopping the initial whisper, so best to just live with it. Alternatively, you could make a chat tab for WvW and just not show whispers in it.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Cerby.1069

@vove.2768

Out of curiosity, which build(s) are you normally playing when you get this whisper grief?

Why would you wanna know that? what does that even have to do with the OP?

Ur asking for trouble m8. No matter what you run it doesn’t justify toxic comments.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

@vove.2768

Ur asking for trouble m8. No matter what you run it doesn’t justify toxic comments.

I think they want to run the same build so they can get whispers too

Whisper grief

in WvW

Cerby.1069

@vove.2768

I think they want to run the same build so they can get whispers too

I see. Makes sense.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’d be kinda annoyed if they removed the ability to whisper enemies. Like 90% of the people on my friends list are people from other servers that i’ve met while roaming and ended up dueling. I didnt even know there was a limit to the blocklist. Even way, way back when there used to be goldsellers in this game spamming mapchat when this game first came out and i had to block them all the time, i still never managed to hit the limit.

The problem here most likely lies with you if you make that many enemies.
If you’re running something cheesy like condi mes though, then you deserve all the hate whispers. I usually hate whisper people that play carry builds after dropping siege on their dead bodies to tell them how trash they are for losing while playing something they should never die playing as.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

I’ve met some really cool people and had great duels with the mechanic. It’s all perspective. If they are sending me hate messages, its usually because I play thief.
I love thief hate.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

Whisper grief

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I’ve met some really cool people and had great duels with the mechanic. It’s all perspective. If they are sending me hate messages, its usually because I play thief.
I love thief hate.

Oooo OOooo Ooooo or the hate when you need to bail or need NPC help because there’s 2+ of them (at least 1 hard counter) and 1 of you and the think you should be stupid and fight to lose so they can jump on your corpse or throw siege on it.

Ooooo OoooO OOooo or when you beat someone who keep engaging in outnumbered fights that include you and they whisper you like “pffft git gud, you need insert # of ppl here to beat me, hilarious” an dyou are all like “dude, you are the one who keeps trying to fight outnumbered” then they block ya before you send it

Classic. Everyone knows if they block you before you say anything, you won and they automatically lose whatever petty argument/rant they had.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Skada.1362

Skada.1362

Getting ragewhispers is like the best thing ever. i’ve been enjoying it for years lol part of the reason why i even play WvW.

I bet TS is a condi thief/mesmer LMAO.

I am Derpocalypse. WvW is all I care about. Currently on Piken Square EU.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Doo Lally.8594

Doo Lally.8594

So a slight twist on this topic:

Engaged a rifle warrior on my Ele the other night at South Camp and lost (yes, I’m bad and I know it).

I’m lying there dead, about to WP and a fellow server thief engages the guy and downs him. So far so good.

Fellow server thief whispers me to ask how could I lose to the rifle warrior. I candidly admit that I am kitten (because it is true – not a roamer, just a trier). So he lets the enemy guy rez, take the camp and toodles off laughing leaving me dead!!!

Moral of the story is that you get hatred, and salty whispers even from your own side. Block and move on.

Cheers.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Getting angry/salty whispers means you did something good.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

kittenty people are everywhere. Just block them and be done with it.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Jarettellis.7813

Jarettellis.7813

I just roam in WvW offline. And off chance I roam online, I keep a stack of Packet of Salt and mail it to those who whisper their salt. I laugh and go back to sniping zerglings

Vikings with Attitude (Zerk)

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

@vove.2768

Because he’s somehow reached a block list limit that none of us even knew existed, and him running a cheesy tell build could explain that and all of the gate whispers he’s getting.

For most people this isn’t a problem.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

@vove.2768

Because he’s somehow reached a block list limit that none of us even knew existed, and him running a cheesy tell build could explain that and all of the gate whispers he’s getting.

Oh I knew it had a limit, it’s a pretty high limit but still. It also crashes your game when you check it every now and then when you reach said limit. I know this as I have a friend who blocks anyone who types in French, needless to say when mega servers hit he reached the limit pretty fast.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

@vove.2768

Oh I knew it had a limit, it’s a pretty high limit but still. It also crashes your game when you check it every now and then when you reach said limit. I know this as I have a friend who blocks anyone who types in French, needless to say when mega servers hit he reached the limit pretty fast.

Why French? Lol that is awesome by the way, let me guess on EU?

Whisper grief

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

@vove.2768

Whaat? Why? What can he have against French speaking people?

Whisper grief

in WvW

apharma.3741

@vove.2768

He dislikes the language and I’m guessing has a low opinion of them as a nation often saying they’re very arrogant. Regardless he isn’t hurting or adversely affecting anyone with what he’s doing so I don’t really care.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

@vove.2768

He dislikes the language and I’m guessing has a low opinion of them as a nation often saying they’re very arrogant. Regardless he isn’t hurting or adversely affecting anyone with what he’s doing so I don’t really care.

Tell your friend that speaking French doesn’t mean you are necessarily from France.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

@vove.2768

I would guess prob condi Thief or Mesmer.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Sorry, our safe space has reached its maximum capacity. Please try again later.
And let me guess, you are running some heavy cheesy condi build. and only 1vX and avoid 1v1 like a plague(no pun intended).
I don’t always whisper but when I do I get tilted by some scrvb without honor mashing one button to put 10 condis.

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

@vove.2768

A lot of us players that have been here since beta weekend have reached it – there was a time when gold sellers were soooo bad.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

Whisper grief

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

@vove.2768

Tell your friend that speaking French doesn’t mean you are necessarily from France.

Canadian French is fake French, it’s a blasphemy to even call it French

Whisper grief

in WvW

apharma.3741

@vove.2768

No, it’s his choice and isn’t hurting anyone nor doing harm to anyone. Besides he doesn’t care and neither do I.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

@vove.2768

Does your reasoning extend to North American English being fake english and a blasphemy to even call it English? Just curious…

Whisper grief

in WvW

apharma.3741

@vove.2768

Does your reasoning extend to North American English being fake english and a blasphemy to even call it English? Just curious…

Americans do not speak English, they speak a kittenised version of English.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

@vove.2768

A language is a living thing. It evolve to reflect a culture and what has shaped it.

To us, French from France sounds weird/amusing, and from their perspective it is the same. Same for English, same for Spanish etc.

Beside, what is “true” English? If that language was a cat, it would be the most kittenized cat you can imagine. Would still be a legit cat that many would affectionnate for what it is.

Whisper grief

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

@vove.2768

Very true, they speak a very perverted heretical form of English. Just to name a few -
their inability to spell over the years caused them to alter the spelling of some English words (i.e. color instead of colour). They also don’t have a posh accent like a true English speaking lady or gentleman, and instead sound like some street kittens.

It’s blasphemy and punishable by the Gods to call it English

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

Whisper grief

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

@vove.2768

Very true, they speak a very perverted heretical form of English. Just to name a few -
their inability to spell over the years caused them to alter the spelling of some English words (i.e. color instead of colour). They also don’t have a posh accent like a true English speaking lady or gentleman, and instead sound like some street kittens.

It’s blasphemy and punishable by the Gods to call it English

Because English from Britain is pure, right? Was never “contaminated” by anything outside of it?

If you look into that “pure” language, you will see just how many colors/colours your cat actually has. Are you eating cow tonight? No, you eat beef, a French influence steaming from the word “boeuf”.

Every languages are so touched. ALL of them. The only way to preserve a so called “purity” is to live in a bubble and even so…

Just learn to open-up a bit and you might find out just how interesting these variations can be. Of course, ignorance is a choice too I guess…

Whisper grief

in WvW

apharma.3741

@vove.2768

A language is a living thing. It evolve to reflect a culture and what has shaped it.

To us, French from France sounds weird/amusing, and from their perspective it is the same. Same for English, same for Spanish etc.

Beside, what is “true” English? If that language was a cat, it would be the most kittenized cat you can imagine. Would still be a legit cat that many would affectionnate for what it is.

What is true English? This has to be silliest thing I’ve ever seen you put.

If only there was some country this language was named after which makes adjustments and updates the language in some kind of official manner.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

If anything they should allow instant whispers instead of having the trouble of blocking type name etc etc.

Whisper grief

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

i get salty whispers sometimes , but ive also had great convos. I got shut down completely by an enemy player a couple weeks ago. Like literally outplayed 100%. I whispered him saying gratz that was amazing what are you running. We proceeded to have a long conversation about what i did wrong and how he was counterplaying me.

We tried to have some duels but a group from the 3rd server kept interrupting us.

I think blocking someone is enough if you dont like the whispers but i wouldnt not want the ability to speak to other players.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Whisper grief

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

@vove.2768

What is true English? This has to be silliest thing I’ve ever seen you put.

If only there was some country this language was named after which makes adjustments and updates the language in some kind of official manner.

Yea silly, how could he even suggest that? The reason English is called English is because they took many different things from other language and named it after their own country.

English originated from Germanic tribes, but you don’t call English German. It is influenced by Romance languages, but you don’t call it French or Vulgar Latin or whatever – you call it English.

But you don’t call America language: American, Americanese, Americanch, whatever – you call it English.

I hope the Gods show mercy to him for he has sinned and continues to sin.

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)