Whispering in W vs W

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I’m talking about whispering to an adversary from a different server. I know it can be done but not sure how to do it.

I bring this up because every now and then, something would happen and I would like to say well done, thanks, or just pay some kind of respect.

Today, I was flipping camps. As I got near, I could see that another person from a different server was already engaging. I thought WTH and joined in. Well after we killed everything, of coarse we had to fight.

It was decent battle, but he was better than me and I died. Instead of him dancing over my dead body, he bowed in respect. Well that made my day. I wanted to show my respect as well by bowing or saluting, but being dead, I couldn’t.

So basically, I just wanted to whisper thanks for the fun and fair play. That kind of attitude really makes the game pleasurable.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

It sounds like a good idea but it would just turn into mountains of insults and expletives.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t WvW but I thought you could friend players on the other side by clicking on the name plate and selecting the friend option. After that you could whisper them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t WvW but I thought you could friend players on the other side by clicking on the name plate and selecting the friend option. After that you could whisper them.

That would be a bit silly but you can invite them to party then use party chat.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That would be a bit silly but you can invite them to party then use party chat.

He was asking specifically about whispering. Players might not want to party up just to say good fight or something like that to someone when all they want to do is a quick whisper.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There was a way to do that in the early days and it got ugly at times. Of course this was when people still camped OS.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Tom.6478

I know there is a way to do it, because others have whispered me.

Maybe it should be hard, because it could be abused.

Having said that, I have never got a abusive whisper. The few times that I got one was either positive or just asking about my build.

I guess the point is, just because they are on another sever and there job is to kill you, doesn’t mean they are jerks. They are just someone like you….playing the game.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I know there is a way to do it, because others have whispered me.

Maybe it should be hard, because it could be abused.

Having said that, I have never got a abusive whisper. The few times that I got one was either positive or just asking about my build.

I guess the point is, just because they are on another sever and there job is to kill you, doesn’t mean they are jerks. They are just someone like you….playing the game.

I envy you.
Only whispers I have ever got from enemy players in WvW are abusive insults.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Tom.6478

You know this is kind of funny and kind of along the same line, but while making this post, apparently I have come across a guild vs guild in W vs W.

I had no idea this was a thing.

I’m standing on a hill along with people from other servers just watching.

Were not fighting but there sure is a big battle between guilds.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

you can right click to block an invader and their account will show up on your block list

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

block them, then add to your friend list. That’s how you go about doing it. Honestly, the block option shouldnt even be on the context menu in WvW for opposing players. You cant see them speak in any channel iirc, so there’s no reason TO need to block them.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Yup, target them, block them, double click on their account name in the block list to bring up the whisper, or add to friends list, be sure to unblock if you want a response. Or yeah just party up with them.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

block, note the account name, unblock, add account to friends, /w = profit.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

You don’t need to say anything. Just don’t be a jerk to them if you have the opportunity.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Usually if you give a /bow that gets the message across.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Make sure you unblock them after you get their name. It’s pretty annoying when someone starts whispering you and you can’t respond.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Not always…

Sadly, I’ve had more than a few people still send hate mail after I bow or salute.

I remember this one guy got kittened that I had stomped him when it wasn’t a duel in the first place. He said I shouldn’t have bowed and that it was lame because I didn’t let him live. And yet he jumped me while I was trying to take a supply camp. I only bowed because we fought for a good 3 – 5 minutes and it was a fun fight/I felt accomplished that I had won with the odds against me.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Not always…

Sadly, I’ve had more than a few people still send hate mail after I bow or salute.

I remember this one guy got kittened that I had stomped him when it wasn’t a duel in the first place. He said I shouldn’t have bowed and that it was lame because I didn’t let him live. And yet he jumped me while I was trying to take a supply camp. I only bowed because we fought for a good 3 – 5 minutes and it was a fun fight/I felt accomplished that I had won with the odds against me.

I’ve had that happen as well a few times, trying to show a little love to a roamer or 1v2. Shocker, it was Mag server lol

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I’d like to be able to just whisper people without having to block them then unblock them first.

I like to whisper people to see if they’d like to meet up to 1v1 some times, or just to tell them how good they are for running me over with 5 people vs me if I am in the mood for that sort of thing lol. Usually its just to see if people want to meet up for 1v1s.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Navith.5264

Navith.5264

Some people playing this game really deserve abusive whispers.
I whisper loads of people myself, mostly the ones who cant help but gang up on you no matter the case (always running from 1v1’s ofc)

Its gotten to the point that i simply don’t care anymore, all the good roamers have left this game. Only the zerglings and condi mesmers remain.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

or teabag them… that works too.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

lol Straegen…

… just call me … Tim :)

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

or teabag them… that works too.

I usually go with /shrug, I tend to be as confused as they are about why I won

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

ok, take a seat, relax, “Puck do not read it may harm your self image”.

I actually got a pleasant whisper from a Magumma player after we fought 1 v1.

We had moved away from a camp to make it a true 1v1 and they somehow sent me a whisper appreciating the fight. It did no harm and they also informed me a few times of where NOT to be on the map. While I never initiate contact with opponents, I have had a few decent people chat with me after an engagement.

Not sure how to keep it free of hatred BUT ( again Puck do not read) even maguuma has some decent people worth talking to…they are just gamers after all.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: danielrazor.6041

danielrazor.6041

I’m talking about whispering to an adversary from a different server. I know it can be done but not sure how to do it.

I bring this up because every now and then, something would happen and I would like to say well done, thanks, or just pay some kind of respect.

Today, I was flipping camps. As I got near, I could see that another person from a different server was already engaging. I thought WTH and joined in. Well after we killed everything, of coarse we had to fight.

It was decent battle, but he was better than me and I died. Instead of him dancing over my dead body, he bowed in respect. Well that made my day. I wanted to show my respect as well by bowing or saluting, but being dead, I couldn’t.

So basically, I just wanted to whisper thanks for the fun and fair play. That kind of attitude really makes the game pleasurable.

right click on their portrait, press block, go to the blocklist, double click their name, unblock and u can whisper him

[SALT] The Salty Pickles
Leia Ravenpaw – Dragonhunter
Daniel Ravenpaw – Daredevil

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

You must be new here. Select player, click on icon, block, and add him to friend from the block list

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: perseco.8321

perseco.8321

I whisper opponents quite frequently… usually to tell them nice fight or whatever, but on occasion, I have used it ask questions about their builds, organize fights, or gently prod them into going in the general direction my group is running just to get more fights. Really depends on the situation, but using the block/friend technique to exchange expletives and insults is an abuse of the system and shouldn’t be allowed or condoned.

However, there was a rare situation recently where I decided to taunt the commander of a small group from SBI… I sent him in-game mail with paper rams and told him to shame ram himself so I wouldn’t have to. He sent me back 10g and told me to buy a commander pin, brought a 30+ zerg to kill us, then sent me back the rams I sent. Best gold conversion rate I’ve found so far in the game.

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

ok, take a seat, relax, “Puck do not read it may harm your self image”.

I actually got a pleasant whisper from a Magumma player after we fought 1 v1.

We had moved away from a camp to make it a true 1v1 and they somehow sent me a whisper appreciating the fight. It did no harm and they also informed me a few times of where NOT to be on the map. While I never initiate contact with opponents, I have had a few decent people chat with me after an engagement.

Not sure how to keep it free of hatred BUT ( again Puck do not read) even maguuma has some decent people worth talking to…they are just gamers after all.

I read every word!

Attachments:

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Whispering in W vs W

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Right click to block them. This adds their account name to your ignore list.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer