Whispers from opposing teams (How?)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

Every once in a while, an upset opponent will invite me to their party or attempt to join the party I’m already in for the sole purpose of berating me or engaging in verbal abuse.

I’m honestly uncertain as to how they even find my account / character name in order to whisper at me when our names all become generic in WvW.

I typically try to ignore them or block them once they get a message through, but I’d like to prevent this from happening if it’s possible.

I reported the individual accordingly.

Attachments:

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Set up invisible mode in community bar. Actually they find u by blocking u and then reminding ur chara / acc name so they can whisp u. Also if they join ur party they see ur name too.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

They can just block you by right clicking your character’s face, then from the blocked list they add you friend and then proceed to talk crap.

in WvW

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

I hate that people do this. Not because they do it to me, but because when I just want to talk to someone and chat about a good fight or something, they assume I’m going to flame and don’t accept the party invite.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

in WvW

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

You dont even need to block someone to do this:

here are 2 other ways:

Select the player > go to the little arrow on the left of the screen (party UI)
When you click there you see the opponent wvw named and you can inv/join him in party

Even when somebody doesnt approve your invite you can still see his full name in chat saying he left the party.. (since the party chat update)

Or select him > invite again > go to portal or get away far enough > his full name will be displayed in the party UI even when he doesnt approve yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I hate that people do this. Not because they do it to me, but because when I just want to talk to someone and chat about a good fight or something, they assume I’m going to flame and don’t accept the party invite.

Some people just don’t want to talk to enemies cos well, enemies, two opposing sides etc.

I chat with enemy players a lot and came across few that just can’t get over that mentality. They are rare, polite but very stubborn about their view on talking to enemies so they try to cut any conversation the moment the realise it’s from enemy.

Most don’t accept parties to avoid possible abuse, I do agree with that.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Worst part of this is being able to whisper the one thats been blocked…

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Oh god heres the first step to getting our very last way to communicate with enemies removed.. I don’t get it nobody cries about it in spvp..

Get some thicker skin jeeze you can just right click the name in chat and block them!

SOME of us like to make friends and compliment our enemies on a good fight…

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Derren.8724

Derren.8724

Oh god heres the first step to getting our very last way to communicate with enemies removed.. I don’t get it nobody cries about it in spvp..

Get some thicker skin jeeze you can just right click the name in chat and block them!

And having someone whisper you after a fight to compliment/ask about build/etc is great when it happens.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the vast minority of cross-server whispers in WvW. It gets hard to tell if someone whispering you is being bitterly sarcastic or complimentary, and you can ignore people who just want to start a friendly chat because it’s hard to believe that’s actually something that happens.

There are definite benefits to having cross-faction/cross-server chat available, but the number of times its abused is unfortunately why it’s taken out/never implemented in other MMOs.

“The Court of Winter” [WIN] – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

dank.3680

And having someone whisper you after a fight to compliment/ask about build/etc is great when it happens.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the vast minority of cross-server whispers in WvW. It gets hard to tell if someone whispering you is being bitterly sarcastic or complimentary, and you can ignore people who just want to start a friendly chat because it’s hard to believe that’s actually something that happens.

There are definite benefits to having cross-faction/cross-server chat available, but the number of times its abused is unfortunately why it’s taken out/never implemented in other MMOs.

I find that a Diamond in the rough is still a Diamond and Diamonds are great.

Anyways we have this feature in SPVP and it happens all the time, people know they can just block someone. I don’t see why it’s suddenly an issue because its WvW.

My second point is that if what some random nobody in an MMO whispers bothers you then well, you have bigger issues to work on.

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Yes it can be distracting or annoying..

But:

GSwarri: “hey you have no chance to get me…”
Me: “no I have not.. but we killed you guildmate…”
Me: “fancy a 2v2?”

Halven hour later:
GSwarri: “Yes”

it was a great 2v2 then 3v3 then 5v5 what lasted for a good 2 hours.

Then the blobs arrived…

Tldr: if someone is a thwat just block… But you do not know where the good fights are coming from..

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Oh god heres the first step to getting our very last way to communicate with enemies removed.. *I don’t get it nobody cries about it in spvp.. *

I am shocked anyone is so ill-informed to say anything such as what is in the bold. The PvP subforum has a new thread every day with complaints about opposing team players making vile comments, messages and whispers.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

dank.3680

Oh god heres the first step to getting our very last way to communicate with enemies removed.. *I don’t get it nobody cries about it in spvp.. *

I am shocked anyone is so ill-informed to say anything such as what is in the bold. The PvP subforum has a new thread every day with complaints about opposing team players making vile comments, messages and whispers.

Really a new thread every day about the bad chat. All I see for 10 pages is crying about OP builds and unbalanced matches.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Stop running PU condi and people will stop whispering you.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Its nothing. I roam with ranger and every single time a p/d thief or dd ele whispers me and ask about my moms job. Mostly i report them

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

There’s always a foul mouthed salty player in every game. Besides, if you slammed stomped that finisher on them that hard that they flame, take it as a compliment. Players like that deserve to get put in their place.

This is one of the best way to make some duelling buddies/ friends imo. It’s all part of having fun with the wider community anyway

Multiple Class Disorder

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

To answer OP’s original question:

How to communicate to an enemy via Partying them:

1. click on their character.
2. At the top-left corner of your screen should be a small arrow thing (generally the interface when one wants to tag up) once you’ve clicked on that it should automatically have copy-pasted the person’s thing into the search bar and you may now proceed to ‘invite to party’
3. If the person accepts they will now be in your party and you can communicate with them

How to communicate to an enemy via Whispering them:

1. Click on their character
2. right-click their character portrait; bringing up a list of options
3. Select the ‘Block’ option
4. This person will now be put onto your blocked list where you can view their exact, full account name, the character name their currently playing and whether they are online, busy or have set themselves to ‘invisible’
5. Manually bring up the Whisper (purple text) feature and enter that person’s exact account name (including the 4 digit numbers) and you will be able to whisper them ONLY if they haven’t set their status to ‘invisible’
6. (OPTIONAL): make sure after whispering them you remove them from your block list and/or add them as a friend so they are able to reply back to you

Personally I’m neutral on the entirety of being allowed to communicate openly like this with enemies.. You get salty mean players sometimes and other times you get the occasional praise after a decent fight. Some going as far as wanting to befriend you so you can roam together or what not. I have had all of the previous mentioned happened to me and I don’t mind it these days. Maybe I’m just tolerant, and if not… Then that’s exactly what a block list is for or – to the furthest degree…
The report feature.

Hope this has answered any questions.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Please don’t remove this. I love my many salty fans. <3

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

Thank you for the replies and instructions on how to communicate with opponents in WvW.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

In the unlikely chance that the people who whisper you actually leave you unblocked so that you can return messages, I advise sending them a packet of salt in the mail. That always leads to even more entertaining ranting from those types in my experience. Just be sure to never say a word to them, and just bask in the hate-fueled ranting that will fill your chat box.

And above all else, take it as a compliment. You fought them. You won. They raged.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma