Whispers in WvW

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Misquerina.6857

Misquerina.6857

Playing WvW is alot of fun , but sometimes when i get into a 1v1 situation and they either run away to a fort , i’m fine with that he/she had luck , or someone from my server joins and we defeat him , the enemy player sometimes tends to whisper not so nice words. I try to reply back but it says he’s offline.
I noticed this is a big flaw in the block system.

I personally don’t mind being called a ‘noob’ , i know i am , i like the game and i play it to get myself distracted from real life but insults just go a little beyond the mark , there’s no need for that, i never felt the need for such.

In my opinion , there should be a way to block all whispers or just strict them to friends.

I felt like it was needed to post this on the forums since i found no other similar thread about it.

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

You can turn your online status to “invisible”. This way nobody can whisper you. Or you can create a new chat tab that does not display whispers. I agree, though, that there should be an option to restrict whispers to friends/guildies. And if people are really crossing the line, you should report them.

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

Trash talk is bound to happen, but hey, don’t worry; as long as you’re having fun, that’s the most important thing. You shouldn’t care too much about those whispers, just ignore them, move on and continue having fun. Besides, the people that tend to whisper are usually real scrubs themselves.

A feature to block all whispers/whispers not from friends would be a good thing though. Would also suppress the amount of derbis the gold sellers spew out.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

You can turn your online status to “invisible”. This way nobody can whisper you. Or you can create a new chat tab that does not display whispers. I agree, though, that there should be an option to restrict whispers to friends/guildies. And if people are really crossing the line, you should report them.

How do you make yourself offline?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Contacts (head/shoulder icon) top left – right click where your name is (slightly left) and choose “invisible”.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Contacts (head/shoulder icon) top left – right click where your name is (slightly left) and choose “invisible”.

TYVM! Have looked for a way to do that (but not hard enough to google it)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Agreed, really there should be something done to stop enemys rage whispering you while in wvw, or spamming you with party invites, it becomes very annoying. There should at least be an option to block all incoming whispers/invites from other servers.

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

It’s a flaw indeed. The only useful thing I found about it is, you can find the name of an enemy that uses hack. That’s pretty much it.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chrhal.4983

Chrhal.4983

Honestly it doesn’t bother me much. If a player feels the need to whisper you afterwards its just a better win for you, and you can always ignore the player (theres no need to whisper back).

Actually its kind of fun some times

Archiae – Mesmer
“Lol I have never GvG’d before”
Far Shiverpeaks

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I know you can /join or /invite for the party and get the names that way but lately I have gotten whispers from the other side and none of these dudebros tried to get into the party or invite me in. I remember back in the old days you could get the account name by hitting the report button but how does it work these days? Or are they just extremely quick when it comes to joining and then cancelling it?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

You can block a player to then find their account name in your block-list.

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Id be interested, how you even whisper someone in WvW, when there appears no option to a character portraut, when you click right on it to whisper that enemy player.

Whisperiing from the block list also doesn’t work, so how actually do people whisper in WvW ???

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I dunno how whispers work, but I get group invites all the time.

It’s usually a thief asking to duel, or someone I ran over with my thief telling me I have no skill. (I don’t)

All in all I support it.

…and there has been a time or two when I was just so blown away, by some people’s builds, that I just had to ask what they were using.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Yeah, I wish there was an option like you said so only guildies & friends can whisper you. And that it forbids you to whisp people on your block list.

Now I manually disable whispers on my chat while I play wvw or pvp, so I never even know when I get whisped anymore. The number of wvw/pvp haters is just too kitten high.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

PLZ dont turn off whispers to other server players in WvW

how else am i supposed to organize scrimmages with my guild and another guild? or an enemy commander?

20v20 militia battles are a lot of fun when you organize them with an enemy commander. uplevels crushing each other it’s like a white t-shirt mud-wrestling match.

RIGHT NACHO?!?!

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Some of the most fun I’ve had in game has been a result of being able to communicate with opponents. I’m sure a few people haven’t found it pleasant, but the vast majority of it has been positive. It makes me treat everyone better when I’m reminded that there is a person behind that “red” name. Be adult and be friendly. And if someone cusses you out, /report and /ignore them.

And a shout-out to those guys on TC around Danelon last night – that was hilarious fun. Tired of OP salutes you!

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I chat all the time with enemies

it’s nice tbh

Whispers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

All I know is that you can get names when you join/invite others to your party, otherwise idk how some random guys can whisper you, which is cool but something to be weary of as not everyone is nice and friendly and more than meets the eyes, I don’t trust everyone outside my community, but its also been mostly positive for me.

Last time somebody whispered me from nowhere was some Gandaran gal who knew me off the gw2wvw forums.. Maybe they tracked me down here like some others , but still weird when it happens.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)