Who is current highest rank WvW

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I just saw BG has a asura with a Diamond General rank
that is like 9000+ WvW level…is this possible???
Who is the highest? is he the highest?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

someone who lived in eotm when it was 1 big ktrain

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

There were a few individuals who hit Diamond Legend already like Dark Jean. Most players old players are problably around gold and platinum tho.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

someone who lived in eotm when it was 1 big ktrain

This, haha.

It’s true though; in the time I spent in there levelling alts up and farming karma for obby shards for more asc stuff you reap in all the wvw ranks, even if you don’t want them. WvW ranks mean absolutely nothing.

It’s not uncommon to see diamond prefixes. Mostly see them in big blob fests or organized GvG skirmishes. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if many have left the game due to the plethora of balance issues… slow update/progress for WvW game mode. I don’t blame them.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

EoTM and boosts sort of ruined any form of rank meaning.

Investment of time and boosts. Nothing else.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

There was somebody that maxed it out like a year or two ago… a guard farming EOTM with staff if I remember correctly.

in WvW

Posted by: AmFah.5974

AmFah.5974

There was somebody that maxed it out like a year or two ago… a guard farming EOTM with staff if I remember correctly.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Diamond-Legend-1/first

kitten u anet! (’Y’Y’)^_^(’Y’Y’)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

do you lurk around the forums just to reply to threads like these?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, when it pertains to one’s self it’s easy to plug it.

Also lol@salt in that thread

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

There are lots of people with the maximum rank (10,000). I’ve personally spoken to 5 of them, 2 being on EU, the other 3 being on NA.

While it’s true that many of them got the bulk of their ranks in EOTM, it’s not true for everyone. I’ve spent my share of time there but I have no doubt in my mind that most of my ranks came from “real” WvW and I’m now in the 7,000 range.

Diamond ranks are obviously the most uncommon but usually in higher tiers, they’re not so rare they’re like unicorns. All it is is a passion for WvW for most of us. Some of them are driven for the title so they zerg day in and day out while others, like myself, are just WvW bums who do little else in GW2 besides living in EBG and the Borderlands.

Someone on my server is max rank and has been for quite a long time. How long I’m not sure as I’m not close friends with them but reaching the max wasn’t recent for them I know that much. And I’m pretty sure they’re tired of zerging because I almost never see this person with a zerg. They’re always roaming solo or with a couple friends.

WvW rank, as someone else has stated, means nothing. Some high ranks are zerglings and do nothing but blob while others (and I can think of more than a few) despite being very high ranks, are primarily roamers or small group players. When you don’t do anything else in GW2, your ranks will add up pretty rapidly. I usually go up 250 every month and a half/two months. I would probably be 10,000 by now if I didn’t scout and roam so much but that’s not a goal for me. To be honest I’m both proud of and ashamed by my rank at the same time, lol.

Just remember that everyone’s different! High rank doesn’t always mean zergling and low rank doesn’t always mean noob. “Always assume your opponent is a genius until proven an idiot.”

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

HONEYMOON is the highest ranked i’m pretty sure.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

from my experience, the tier of the server the player plays on has more to do with wxp than what he does. I usually just hop onto any action around, being it a zerg fight, small fight or roaming and occasional chat with an enemy player. Althought it’s not as much true with server linking now, before roaming in gold tier would be just as good in terms of wxp if not better than zerging in T9.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If they are higher than Mithril they are primarily zerglings or EotM Karma farmers from way back. It is nearly impossible to get a very high rank and fight primarily small scale even with a BDay gift.

Typically if I see something over Mithril, it is typically a soft target in the open.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”