Who is the best "commander" on your server?

in WvW

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

vaako on underworld. We always gain more when he’s in charge. Least likely to get the zerg killed with bad strategy.

Piken Square forever

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

paopao nsp. doesn’t say much, but keeps everything rolling, and what he says is finely tuned necessity which ensures both survival and a win. i’m not much of a follower, usually, but that guy’s got my ear.

in WvW

Posted by: Raptor.9863

Raptor.9863

For NSP I’m going with Toble’s ’picks from earlier in the thread. Oc, Snow, Sam, and Liana tend to see the big picture and make good tactical decisions.

EDIT: filter is way too harsh and forced me to change picks to ‘picks
EDIT 2: I’m sure there are other good commands on our server, the ones I listed are just the group I’ve typically run across based on when and what map I queue for.

Raptor – Human Guardian
Northern Shiverpeakes

(edited by Raptor.9863)

in WvW

Posted by: Euacha.1596

Euacha.1596

Thunderblaze on AR no questions asked. He’s great, he gives good commands, sets up in distraction teams and squads, and he is a great leader in general.

in WvW

Posted by: Seraphim.2156

Seraphim.2156

I nominate Odinzu on TC EB. He has a sound tactical mind and is pretty patient with his zerg. Other than that there’s several other good ones in TC. Jadon and Barroh come to mind.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

At Gunnar’s Hold we have a good commander, but he has no icon. I forgot his name too, its De-something.. that guy always on steroids pulling people along. Not too fond of some of our official (with icon) commanders, while they are usually a friendly bunch and communicating to my satifaction, they often end up rushing the worst place on the map and doing epic battle for no purpose id describe our commanders as the adventurer rowdy kind of commander lol and would often wish for the more strategy-orientated thinkers. it really doesnt matter if you are not the first man to go down :P we will still love you.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

The best commander of the all, is the one who bought the book twice
the one and only Commander Commander Jadon from PiNK / Garnished Toast Server

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Hard question! I saw only 2 of our commanders in action. Its Copycaet and Disaproval.
Both are OK. Dunno about others, most of the time i see them chillin’ in LA or in Orr farming zombies.

/Gunnar’s Hold EU

Never seen Copycaet, but I disapprove of Disaproval. My personal pick would have to be either Officer Toglos or Snort Tuffmudda, though Snort does not lead the pugs that often, mostly just our guild troops.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Ashes.6418

Ashes.6418

The Champ was probably the funnest commander to follow on Blackgate. He always seems to be drunk, and has a good sense of humour. Makes for an enjoyable evening.

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

CD has a few good ones, dahli, mercilless, and vows not bad. I dont plan on buying commander though, if people don’t want to take an idea up when its offered not being a commander, I’m not going to sit on tp for a day or two for people to listen, there’s no fun in earning gold and it’s almost pointless to sit there and earn gold imo, the main siege you use isn’t all that expensive, and thats worth more than a commander mark to me.

This goes for everyone not just my ideas, if someone throws out a good idea regardless of commander status everyone should take it into consideration and then decide as a group.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

For JQ I’d have to say it’s a toss up between Indo and Daboss. Both are fun to play with and have different strategies. Indo uses some more unique tactics where Daboss tends to be more of a brute force type of guy. Either can be fun to play with and both are very successful.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: ChaoticZ.5274

ChaoticZ.5274

dont have one on blackgate. some guy named choco sausage or whatever logs on and some of his urge buddies follow. about it.

all was lost

You guys have Lorthos now, TDA guild transfered from Henge of Denravi server.

Server – Blackgate
Profession – Level 80 Ranger
Guild – Death God Legion [DGL]

in WvW

Posted by: Hexicz.8450

Hexicz.8450

Jedahs from Sea of Sorrows hands down. From the beginning, if Jedahs was on your map you knew it would be predominantly [SoS’s colour] within an hour or two.

in WvW

Posted by: Yazule.9142

Yazule.9142

“Agress on Jade Quarry. The end.”

QFT

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

im from dark haven and i vote for “leader mara” on SOR, because she is the best =D

even though she probably hates me but i am thankful to “leader mara” for what she has done to me and my server.

she has:

1. GREAT PEOPLE SKILL
2. DEDICATION
3. COMMITMENT
4.SELF-ORGANIZATION
5.CHARISMASTIC
6.KNOW-HOW

hey i still owe u some coffee

but yeah,

dark haven grew from an arrogant boy to a humble adult thank to leader mara.

-half naked norn

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

“leader mara” single handedly destoryed our morael… by her dedication to her server.

good fights, wishes to see you guys again!

in WvW

Posted by: fadswaffer.5140

fadswaffer.5140

Jerkjerk from Maguuma. He get’s stuff done instead of random running around with a zerg of 10 people

[PYRO] MAGUUMA
Necromancer | Warrior
NO TEARS ONLY DREAMS

in WvW

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Leader Mara from SoR hands down! I am on SoR, so far I don’t know any other commander that has been so informative and detailed about there battle plans in map chat. Whenever she sets out a task it usually is successful, the only time it fails is when people do not listen. So Leader Mara hands down!

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

Miasmic Spiritsong on SoR

Communicates with other commanders, and gets them and other players who wish to communicate plans on ventrillo. Never yells at players for doing the wrong thing or being misinformed, and using “please” and “thank you” are always a plus. Keeps things serious but not too serious that it no fun, that makes CDS a huge turn out for WvW.

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: Jack Pj.1248

Jack Pj.1248

vaako on underworld. We always gain more when he’s in charge. Least likely to get the zerg killed with bad strategy.

I’d have to disagree with Vaako being the best in Underworld. When I’ve seen him, nothing has been done and he didn’t listen to logical suggestions. On the other hand, “Russianguy” is on every single day on the borderlands. Not only that but most of the times he joins we gain complete lockdown on that borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Joebane of Foo Guild on Yak’s Bend.

His efforts tirelessly in the borderlands alone deserve my recognition. But beyond that he has gone out of his way to set up public Ts3 servers, Ventrilo servers, and worked to contact every guild on the server who plays WvW in an effort to open the lines of communication between them (quite successfully).

We have a lot of great commanders on Yaks all trying to work together to make the server better, but Joebane seems to go above and beyond the commander role regularly.

It is in no small part because of him that I view my server as one community and not just an anonymous mass of people who happen to be on the same map.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

From Gandara I would say Dairdel. Puts loads of effort into it, and is strategically sound. Utilises more than just good old ‘Zerg’ tactics. We tend to regain/win more territory when Dairdel’s about. On top of that Dairdel does a load to help with Gandara’s lack of a Nighttime force by hopping on and leading there.

Gandara’s commander tend to be quite good, and also a lot of unofficial commanders are the bomb as well so we now have pretty sound communication. It is a little tedious when people dont take sound advice though

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

I nominate Commander Mayo (Mayoken) from Calm-

I might be bias, but not without reason. He’s taken the time to learn his class and that of many others. He’s studied strategy since beta and is good at modifying his approach to any given situation. He has reached out to other guilds on our realm to expand our influence and is constantly working toward the common server goal of absolute victory. He knows more than just Zerg tactics, but also the value of defending supply and doyaks and isn’t shy about sharing out the drudgery to groups.

He’s not winning the congeniety award for Wv3… he knows he can’t be everyone’s best friend. He doesn’t like being a bear, but he knows you can’t please all. He knows sometimes to get things done- you have to be a Commander. You have to be an kitten hole… silence in voice coms… s t f u and get it done.

He’s still human though- prone to the occasional error. I probably like that about him the most.

He’s not too proud to admit his failures (to his guild)- rare as they are- which sets him apart from the rest.

(edited by Dhar.6392)

in WvW

Posted by: Lukai.6487

Lukai.6487

I nominate Mayoken For the best Commander From Stormbluff Isles.
He is constantly in different voice channels communicating with several other commanders to coordinate how to effectively use our players in the Map to hold points. No he is not perfect but as most say WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. Our allied Commanders are also very good at their job but Mayoken Gets the Job Done and knows when to move in and when not to.

in WvW

Posted by: promethius.9415

promethius.9415

Definitely Commander Mayoken, he’s a fantastic leader and always has a strategy. He’s also quite personable and humorous. However, he’s also humble and calm (in fact, that’s his guild’s name). I believe that we’ve conquered so much because he is such a great leader and will continue to while under his command. Three cheers for Commander Mayoken of Before the Storm! Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowMan.3657

ShadowMan.3657

I nominate Mayoken For the best Commander From Stormbluff Isles.

He is a ready to go guy that still has fun and like to make it enjoyable

He works all angles from multi chat systems during battle and making sure all the follower are the most informed as he can

in WvW

Posted by: Grimfane.1234

Grimfane.1234

Leader Mara from SoR is a fine example of the qualities a Commander should posses!

in WvW

Posted by: dakotahkid.2685

dakotahkid.2685

Adrost From BG but he doesn’t have an Icon yet.

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

in WvW

Posted by: XSevSpreeX.2143

XSevSpreeX.2143

I’m going to make an unbiased decision (she’s my guild leader) and say Mara. From what I’ve seen in WvW, she puts in more work than any other commander we have.

in WvW

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

I will elect myself however I don’t think there is a best in SBI.
There are several very competent commanders I respect each one.

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Darkhaven has a lot of good commanders for our tier, my personal favorites are the half naked Norn and Yaska. Though I need to emphasize, we have many great leaders — there is no single person who dominates — it’s a community deal.

The Half Naked Norn and Yaska are mostly much responsible for most of what success Dh has had — though a leader is only as good as those he commands.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: whatzlove.4862

whatzlove.4862

commander conqueror from Northern Shiverpeak world.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

Haven’t seen anyone from Devona’s Rest post here yet, so definetely have to give a mention to RED’s Moozilla and KC’s Zendaya Ashwood. Both fantastic leaders who I’d follow into battle anytime, anywhere.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

JQ Soulstitch and Agress

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Wow so may votes for Mara… SoR is kicking our arses!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

In server SoS, I vote Jungleguu. well, he does not have an icon, and he has no interest in leading ppl not in our guild after yrs in WoW(I guess anyone had experience leading in WoW would understand)…

the best score he had was leading 15 of us stole a garrison from 30 MAG and 40 FA. great strategy and perfect timing.

as an icon commander, Jedahs has the best reputation currently, but he had one problem as far as i see(did not see him last week): he barely do supply run. and, when hes attacking a keep or a tower, he wont send anyone to cap their supply camps. coz we nightcapping all the time, i never seen him defending. Always running for next tower and take back whatever just lost. maybe thats the feature of nightcapping server.

but, hes good with communication and cooperation, hard to decide him or Tg hawkseye

the dumpest commander is easy to choose, everyone in SoS knows it..

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Miasmic Spiritsong and Mara. When these two well respected commanders are on the same map things get done!

in WvW

Posted by: Faylinn.3280

Faylinn.3280

On TC, Odinzu is not bad at Borderlands, but definitely at home in EB. Commander Commander Jadon is good at leading a zerg and having a ton of fun. Cory also comes to mind, and sadly these are the only really good commanders I have run with.

~Tarnished Coast Forever <3~
Proud Elementalist of [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: epics.9310

epics.9310

blackgate has a horde of new baddies, still nothing even close to a commander.

in WvW

Posted by: Vencenzo.1246

Vencenzo.1246

Sorrows Furnace night crew :
I’ll get back to you with this answer when our population exceeds a 5man party.
What’s left is stubborn soloist who like taking on 5 people at a time.

From my limited experience with day shift, I’d say Juan ignacio. (Sorry if mispell)

Thief [TFS]
The Fallen Sons
Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Hands down on Sanctum of Rall – Kiamar and Yshyr. Level headed, communicative, patient and motivating. They also really understand WvWvW dynamics.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Tomnus.5129

Tomnus.5129

I am not sure who our best commander is. I am on fergusons crossings, you might have fought against me.

I do well while I am online… while i am offline kaineng can take orbs i have defended lol!

in WvW

Posted by: Tomnus.5129

Tomnus.5129

oh yea, by far our best “commander” is poison caltrop. He is great at barking orders and telling people what to do.

Haven’t seen him accomplish anything though! Go Poison Caltrop!

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

So few EU servers it seems.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: solwar.8564

solwar.8564

On SBI personally I really like HCProfessionals, Kriptic and The Original Gov

Hard for me to choose between the three, I really like all of their play styles, they know very well when to be aggressive, how to set up a successful siege and when it’s time to defend. Additionally they are all especially good at setting up spotters to keep eyes on everything so they can assess situations all over the map. (special kudos to everyone who volunteers to be a spotter, I know it can get boring standing around at a keep/tower/camp as I have volunteered myself but it’s really helpful!)

Having said that there are many other solid commanders on SBI but those three specifically stand out for me, it’s awesome when I get into WvW and see one of them on.

100% agree on this, worked with these commanders a fair bit and enjoy the game more when they are on SBI is such a great server to be on, and I notice a lot of the same names on most of the time. Pity work and private life cuts into this game or I would be on more hahaha.

in WvW

Posted by: Beastmaster.5071

Beastmaster.5071

Lorthos (aka “Bruce Wayne”), currently at Blackgate, from TDA guild. Most fun I have had was under him.

Reasons – a mind full of great tactics and a helluva lot of different tactics (none of those zerg only ideas); knows the maps like the back of his hand (every hidden secrets); light hearted and humourous, and most importantly he communicates very often, which I found lacking in alot of other commanders.

So if you ever face against Lorthos and his TDA army, either run away or put up a challenge that no one can forget.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Leader Mara and Miasmic for SoR. When they are on I don’t even need to command unless I’m leading a small raid in support of them. I love all of our Commanders though. Even those without the title deserve some recognition for their effort to support the server as a whole. There is a little guy that has cotton candy for a head who I like to nom on. Alpacca, Bavragor, Flaming Tango, and many others (my own guild commanders of course).

Leader Mara is just a powerhaus, there are rumours that she never sleeps and survives on caffeine and the tears of the conquered.

The Half-Naked Norn gets props for Darkhaven and Arius for public relations

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

Oh wow, lol. Thanks for the support guys.

But there are many amazing commanders on SoR that I love working with and they deserve some recognition too, just to name some.

Miasmic, Alpaca Owl, Bavragor, Brew Lord, Xumx, Revamm, Zodak… Lack of sleep is ruining my memory, lol. But let it be known that SoR has no lack of amazing commanders, and thank some of you for being insomniacs so I could stop being a worry wort and get some rest! <3

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

Posted by: zorifour.2173

zorifour.2173

Spartyr said…
Kingxcon and WarFreak are pretty fearless as well. My own Guild Leader, Ben Foghlada has lots of good ideas, but he isn’t on all of the time. The Spartan – also good.

Lots of good ones on SoR. —-—————

Kingxcon can lead and command very good but he can fight! ive seen him in the front line and he can take down 3-5 enemy players alone it amazes me. I always follow him if he has his icon on, sometimes when im in wvw i see him fighting with the icon off supporting other commanders, thats why i like him also.
(Wanted to quote Spartyr but i cant for some reason)

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: StevieMJH.9105

StevieMJH.9105

Shoutouts to Agress on JQ.