Who plays WvW only?

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

Mike O’Brien already has the answer, NO ONE!

In the following link I took part of Reyana’s interview with Colin and Mike at PAX South, where Mike O’Brien schooled Reyana on the “fact” that “People don’t play one thing”. (his condescending attitude is pure gold)

This whole Golem Rush week is the result of a company that doesn’t listen to their player base, but rather tells their player base what they want/need to enjoy the game.

BTW, I only play WvW…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajDiZkUNpe0

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

(edited by Zolazie Grengche.3051)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

I would have answered yes but I’m going to give X-Com a replay this week.

If nothing else the lag in WvW has prepared me for turn-based combat!

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Dusk.3149

Dusk.3149

i do

This golem thing is making me a sad panda

[IM] Piken Square

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Doug.4930

Doug.4930

“You are the exception”

I had a chuckle.

Doug The Unseen Of Homefront Defenders [HD]

Jade Quarry’s dedicated Roaming/Havoc Squad Guild

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Is it possible to be THAT blind to your playerbase if not on purpose??!!

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

(edited by DiscoJacen.1590)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Me. After watching that video, O’Brien can go do something anatomically impossible.

Back to my movie list.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

wtf that guy needs to get a clue.
When i log in i only play wvwvw nowadays.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Archenemy.9784

Archenemy.9784

He is right when i don’t want to play WvW, i do all AC paths then i afk. But it’s not only WvW

Yukino Mikatsuchi [iNk]

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Gladys.3542

Gladys.3542

I only play WvW and i know many ppl who only play WVW. Mostly in tier 1-3 server.

This stupid week just ruind everything. 30 min after reset all comanders and guild went away becvause there were no fights just running after karma train ppl.

HORRIBLE IDEA.

If you want to do event for wvw ppl use PPK and disable PPT from all objects.

If you want to but some time in then give PPK point diffrently:

Normal ranks – 1 point
bronze – 2
silver – 3
Gold – 4
And so on. THat would be fun weekend for WVW not this……

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

And that is why you actually HIRE people to look at your game mode and not dump it on someone that clearly hasn’t got a clue about what’s happening in his own game…

That and the smug attitude that sickens me to the core…

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

no no you guys are all wrong. When you log on you are in a pve area, so you don’t only www. Duh.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

no no you guys are all wrong. When you log on you are in a pve area, so you don’t only www. Duh.

kitten! You got me!!

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Being presented with a fact disproving his previous statement. Without any hesitation write it off as an exception.
What is he doing in Anet, he should make a career as a politician.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Grendels Mother.5713

Grendels Mother.5713

Not much to comment on here, obviously this guy is disconnected from the reality of WvW for one reason or another. Anet will just believe what they want to.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

If you want more impact you need to do something on reddit. They don’t look at this. they only care about reddit because it"s public and it’s where “their awesomest of communities” live…

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Considering you have to wait in PvE or PvP to enter WvW, noone can be a WvW only player. Anets metrics dont lie

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I play both, how ever what is keeping me in GW2 and have for 3 years is not PvE, it is WvW. If i feel that all this changes and events keeps on going in the wrong direction were a-net do not listen to us players and keep on doing the oposit to what we ask, then PvE will not keep me from leaving GW2.

The fights in wvw, small or big, raids or pugs, gvg and what not and the fact that you can not predict all that happens in a fight is what keep me in GW2. PvE can never replace that.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

If you want more impact you need to do something on reddit. They don’t look at this. they only care about reddit because it"s public and it’s where “their awesomest of communities” live…

Well, it would be nice if someone with a Reddit account would post something using the link to the video as it is public. Any takers? I’d really like to see this get the attention I know it can, because I know there are many that play only WvW.

Edit
I added the video link and small topic starter on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Gw2WvW/comments/3dqgzj/who_plays_wvw_only_in_gw2/

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

(edited by Zolazie Grengche.3051)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

OUT OF ALL THREADS, THIS IS THE ONE I WANT TO SEE THE MODERATOR’S RESPOND TO (caps for moderators). We may be a MINORITY (hardly a small one at that) but we are not an EXCEPTION. Between that video, the last patch, and this golem rush event it’s hard to choose which is more embarrassing for you as a company.

(edited by kRAVen.4195)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yo Mike, track down my account for a week, yes you will find me in pve just because i have to log in somewhere else then the mist lobby. Just to avoid bot spam yo.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: atticus.5284

atticus.5284

I only play WvW and proud of it!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I can’t say I play it exclusively because I am forced to go out of WvW to sustain my WvW play time. I occasionally go into PvP to farm weapons and armor through the reward tracks.
I’ve also had to go to PvE to hunt down pets I needed on my ranger (since the class mechanic requires you to do a kittening scavenger hunt). I think my ranger is up to about 2% map completion now.

So yeah not WvW exclusive, just 98% WvW and 2% being forced to go out of my preferred game mode in order to stay competitive in said game mode.

If we actually received some real updates to WvW (instead of bullkitten golem karma train week) like reward tracks, armor that could be salvaged, a way to earn ascended gear, etc. I would never leave it.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I play for WvW, i have to farm PvE for gold, that’s it.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

WE are NOT the MINORITY!!

The only reason he can have for not tell what the % is .. is cos they have been trying to dump WvW for 2 years !

Think about it
They starve us of cash and AP’s … we still play WvW
They took away everything except the cost of playing it … we still play
They wont sort out the problems … we find work arounds
They try putting a PvP arena in the middle of the Map .. we ignore it (and the snowmen)
Added ETOM (for the Que’s … lol)

AND WE ARE STILL HERE!!

BUT ………. Finally……… they found out how to make us leave

Good job Mr. Davis!!

RAZZ
mezmebaby

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

Since apparently I am the minority I WvW only, it is the only reason I find I actually log on and play GW2, aside from the occasional PvP match. WvW is the only fun game type and literally the ONLY reason I ever log on.

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

I only play WvW.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

WvW only player here…
Not amused as being described as an exception. Just about everyone on my friends list is only in WvW unless they have timed out and been put in Unknown land. I also avoid the mists like the plague due to the high number of gold spammers.

Again this golem event is a pretty big smack in the mouth to people who enjoy WvW.

IGN: Dal Brinium

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I guess I’m the exception, too…..

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: epsilon.2698

epsilon.2698

I only play wvw. I respect other people’s interests in the other parts of the game, but they don’t hold my attention due to the AI, or the more objective-based nature.

I’m posting this on an alt account (also used exclusively for wvw), but for context I’ve got thousands of hours in-game since beta as a carry-over customer from GW1, 90%+ of which are in wvw. The other >10% was to level my wvw characters.

(edited by epsilon.2698)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anets metrics are unrealiable and they should be ashamed to use their useless metrics instead of making proper surveys.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: roger.1364

roger.1364

Anet is going in the wrong direction for true wvw players this golem event is just dumb where is the fun in this event wat is the use in having a class at all really anet needs to fix this

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Most people I know also playe a dungeon once in a while or do an event to get
mawdrey II, or the emperyal star, or princess and the like.

Some do not play PvE at all, but then they are often invoilved in PvP.

I play PvE mainly, but between events I do play a lot of WvW. I started about 18 months ago, and am only lvl ~800 due to my 2 little girls swallowing time like there is no tomorrow.. I need a chronomancer bad, so I can actually play a bit more.

Hmmm come to think of it, I need to play PvE as well to play chronomancer

Reason for me to play PvE:
- GOLD
- skins
- BLTP (skins)
- hero points (map completion)
- fun
- dungeons for GOLD
- worldbosses (for fun and GOLD)
- SW, for fun and GOLD.
- to have fun solo/ or small group

Reasons to play WvW
- FUN
- To have a inteligence instead of artificial intelligence. it makes a huge difference
- To be able to fight ppl in my gear I earned, with the choices I make
- To see if I can beat Metabattle (usually I can, but most ppl who tend to kill me have phoenix and dragon finishers. I am just a bunny)
- To have fun with 15-50 ppl in a semi organized environment
- To lose gold in an absurd fashion while gaining badges which do not buy me anything worthwhile and cannot be salvaged and a tiny chance for a decent drop.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anet is going in the wrong direction for true wvw players this golem event is just dumb where is the fun in this event wat is the use in having a class at all really anet needs to fix this

@roger it is a test event, it is not a event to be fun. https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/10918Charr-Car-1.jpg

I only play gw2 for the WvW, and my server cumumnity is mostly WvW dedicated players and some pvx(that spend most time in wvw also).

Here is the thing most server cumunities are based on WvW groups….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well I would, BUT due to the way WvW is so unrewarding I have need to do some PvE.

This is not what I want to be doing, but in order to get food, armor, weapons etc I need gold. So in a way I do not strictly WvW, but that is due to ANet’s policy of not giving me a steady supply of gold so I am forced to play their way and not mine!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Anet how about you stop TRYING to make your PVE players enter WvW while RUINING the actual WvW that we the so called “minority” only plays. This is one kittenty event seriously, unless you truely understands what the WvW community wants, don’t implement kitten to it. I rather it be dull like the current one than you guys messing the entire kitten up.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

I play only WvW, well I did before this week.
Now I play only other MMOs.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

roger.1364

LOL time to go back to WOW i only play wvw now so if you are trying to get rid of us wvw player gj anet.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

I play only WvW, well I did before this week.
Now I play only other MMOs.

lol, same here. I won’t be playing this week, and am that much farther from even considering buying HoT…

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

#iamtheexception

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

roger.1364

@AEOLUS glad you support anet test runs someone needs to just my opinion because we finally get a good match up this week and now lots of good wvw players not going to play this week . Fellow CD wvw player

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You guys just figuring out how out of touch Mike is? Last year Reyana asked him about having guild commander tags and Mike thought it was a great idea, only he had no idea people were asking for it the past 2 years. That’s why I didn’t believe a word about his thread about more communication lol.

I mainly run wvw that is all I bought this game for from release, I have no choice but to run silverwastes or world bosses for gold, because of how terrible wvw loot is. I don’t spvp anymore, I don’t enjoy fighting broken unbalanced specs, wvw gives me options to deal with that at least. I don’t run dungeons, and only fractals when some friends are bored and want to do a quick run.

P.S I’ve hardly been running wvw in the last couple weeks because I’ve gotten tired of the broken crap from the last major patch that screwed up damage for good, oh and gg on golem week that should scare off half the players to something else.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

You guys just figuring out how out of touch Mike is? Last year Reyana asked him about having guild commander tags and Mike thought it was a great idea, only he had no idea people were asking for it the past 2 years. That’s why I didn’t believe a word about his thread about more communication lol.

I mainly run wvw that is all I bought this game for from release, I have no choice but to run silverwastes or world bosses for gold, because of how terrible wvw loot is. I don’t spvp anymore, I don’t enjoy fighting broken unbalanced specs, wvw gives me options to deal with that at least. I don’t run dungeons, and only fractals when some friends are bored and want to do a quick run.

P.S I’ve hardly been running wvw in the last couple weeks because I’ve gotten tired of the broken crap from the last major patch that screwed up damage for good, oh and gg on golem week that should scare off half the players to something else.

Great post!
Though I am not just figuring out how out of touch Mike is.. lol
I’m just about done with this game altogether, and I was hoping to get enough people to at least let Anet see how out of touch they are. Will they do anything with this information? Probably not. But it may just make the farewell to the game easier to swallow after investing 3 years into the part I love the most, WvW.

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

90% of my game hours are in wvw. the other 10% is mixed between ‘lol i’m bored lets pve…okay that was way too easy back to wvw’ and RP.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Mike is right, I dont only just play WvW

Thanks to their ignorance and neglect I find myself playing more of DayZ and ARK and GTA5.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

kitten! You got me!!

lol, this is so true, i guess they define that this way. the fact they dont even collect data on the participations rate between different game mode show how much anet care when come to developing the game.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@AEOLUS glad you support anet test runs someone needs to just my opinion because we finally get a good match up this week and now lots of good wvw players not going to play this week . Fellow CD wvw player

It is not a matter of support or not support Anet, i really dont like this to, but they cant do this on a test server also, and wvw was never that good in siege gameplay, it never ment to be anything that serious to play, Gw2 wvw it is not that siege mmo where players can put effort in their game defending and feel reewarded, it is like a android tablet game where u play when u are bored or waiting for something that is cooking.
So… making this “event” as bad as it sounds makes perfect sence becasue game is chaging to a even more low effort game, players will feel rewarded becouse it is easy.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

TY mate

I think someone said that as long as we ’ Exceptions ’ only complain in GW2 Forums .. we remain a minority?

RAZZ
mezmebaby

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Sasigher.9648

Sasigher.9648

I’m a member of a pure WvW guild. We are not really a casual guild but also not yet semi-hardcore. We’ve got around 100 members. There are many guilds like us.

We do WvW related activities for hours every day. We raid three times a week for over two hours (attendance of 20 people), additionally there’s the weekly reset raid which we attend, we train up to twice a week for two hours in our PvP arena to get our group movement training into muscle memory. And if we don’t have an official guild event, there’s always a group of five people running around roaming the borderlands.

There are plenty of guilds with schedules like us, a bunch of them even a lot more serious than us.

I play this game to play WvW.