Who plays WvW only?

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

@AEOLUS glad you support anet test runs someone needs to just my opinion because we finally get a good match up this week and now lots of good wvw players not going to play this week . Fellow CD wvw player

It is not a matter of support or not support Anet, i really dont like this to, but they cant do this on a test server also, and wvw was never that good in siege gameplay, it never ment to be anything that serious to play, Gw2 wvw it is not that siege mmo where players can put effort in their game defending and feel reewarded, it is like a android tablet game where u play when u are bored or waiting for something that is cooking.
So… making this “event” as bad as it sounds makes perfect sence becasue game is chaging to a even more low effort game, players will feel rewarded becouse it is easy.

[off topic]
Neverwinter Stronghold (atm looking for info about that it migh be a better siege/warfare game).

Started playing again when Golems were announced, Stronghold is Aug 11, 2015. From what I have been told, open world PvP zone with what I’m assuming is Guild Halls. Thats all I got for you

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

@AEOLUS glad you support anet test runs someone needs to just my opinion because we finally get a good match up this week and now lots of good wvw players not going to play this week . Fellow CD wvw player

It is not a matter of support or not support Anet, i really dont like this to, but they cant do this on a test server also, and wvw was never that good in siege gameplay, it never ment to be anything that serious to play, Gw2 wvw it is not that siege mmo where players can put effort in their game defending and feel reewarded, it is like a android tablet game where u play when u are bored or waiting for something that is cooking.
So… making this “event” as bad as it sounds makes perfect sence becasue game is chaging to a even more low effort game, players will feel rewarded becouse it is easy.

[off topic]
Neverwinter Stronghold (atm looking for info about that it migh be a better siege/warfare game).

Your a PVE player right?
Cos you obviously never spent a week working on a Guild build .. or any build.
I suspect you never fought to defend your map, saw a sever turn around a match up with hard play, discipline and tactics.
Sorry you missed it and I hope the food was really good !

RAZZ
mezmebaby

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I play this game to play WvW.

This right here is what matters.

If they completely destroy or remove WvW how many of us would still play the game? WvW is the only game mode I enjoy, if they ruin it me and the majority of my guild will move on to another game.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

[off topic]

Your a PVE player right?
Cos you obviously never spent a week working on a Guild build .. or any build.
I suspect you never fought to defend your map, saw a sever turn around a match up with hard play, discipline and tactics.
Sorry you missed it and I hope the food was really good !

I only play gw2 wvw , I did played like that in the past before drop the guid i was in, was nice for one year and half, atm i play(ed) mostly at defending or helping upgrading stuff (that will eventually get blobbed).

And that is exectly what im talking about, at the end u had that effort for? Shouldnt the game reward guilds that play like that??
Becouse it looks the game is goign in a complete different way.

If aint playing outmanned, aint playing right.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i do. spvp once in a while, but i dont like pve . the only reason i play is because of wvw and zergbusting…well new map shows that anet doesn’t understand wvw at all….and the golem event must be a joke….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

I play WvW only.

[HUE]

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Windy.1538

Windy.1538

I play WvW only because pve on GW2 is honestly very bad compared to others MMO the only thing keeping me in game is WvW.

An event like this kitteny golem’s week is going to avoid me buying HoT and will make me thinking about finding an other game.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

Mike is right, I dont only just play WvW

Thanks to their ignorance and neglect I find myself playing more of DayZ and ARK and GTA5.

Yeah, been playing more GTA5, my son trying to get me to play ARK more. Look me up sometime in GTA5, Mulletpie.

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

PVE is so mindnumbing and predicatable that i only play it to farm gold to support wvw food, or if I have to swap out runes that I cant yet afford, or have to do dungeon runs for (i.e. nightmare runes). other than that, what is the point? for the challenge? what?

Pvp was fun at first, then became boring as it became repetitive and then even worse as the top builds of 4 classes dominate the meta, leaving for little variability, which is also BORING.

WvW is the only thing that “can be” dynamic, though i grow tired of zerg warfare which makes the lone/small group player stranded. This has become excacerbated as golems are one of the most kittened aspects of combat in this game.

It literally is like taking the kittentiest part of the game and granting it superpowers as it to say, I can F my community and they still come back for more. That is how anet knows they have many fanboys.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

I play this game to play WvW.

This right here is what matters.

If they completely destroy or remove WvW how many of us would still play the game? WvW is the only game mode I enjoy, if they ruin it me and the majority of my guild will move on to another game.

I will leave if they totally destroy or remove it. Or make it where it is a mindless PVE type grind…

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Gryph.8237

I am just waiting for something better. GW2 has become a placeholder in a sea of average. good ideas, good combat design, crap balance, overt class favoritism and bias.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

They’re probably correct that most WvW players also do some PvE, not necessarily by choice though. Most players I know do PvE to support their WvW. If the game was structured where you could be self sufficient playing only WvW, you’d have a lot fewer players farming DT and SW.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Lacrisma.1540

Lacrisma.1540

I don’t play WvW only. But, eh, it’s hard to focus 100% on a game mode if there is NO SUPPORT FROM THE DEVELOPERS. NONE. NO. SUPPORT. AT ALL.

Oh it’s lagging? Yeah let’s turn down the map cap for a few days… and keep it that way.
Ah you don’t like the eotm map and the PvE Events in WvW? We have a whole new map for you that is 100% eotm-style with all the good PvE stuff! Don’t worry about deffing your stuff, it will be done automatically while you can relax and enjoy the karma-train!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Gryph.8237

if i did not have to pve to grind for ascended gear, etc, and could do so in wvw, i would not do pve at all, as there is no challenge to it really. but you can’t really get material as quickly in wvw.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

I mostly only play WvW.

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Guys, watch the full video

At some point, Colin Johanson tells her that currently SoR sometimes beat his server (SBI)… At the date of this video, 2015/01/09, SBI was ranked #10 and SoR was ranked #23. When that video was posted SBI has been stronger than SoR for nearly 1 year.

I guess he plays a lot of WvW…

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Without WvW I would have left this game in the dust a long time ago. Like many of you, I only really leave WvW to pay for my WvW needs or to be social with my guild. It’s not exactly excruciating to PVE in this game, I have great guildies to join with, but I’m definitely wishing I was in WvW after 15 minutes of it. I’d say I’m a 95% WvWer. I’d probably play a lot more sPvP if I wasn’t sitting in the lobby waiting in a queue longer than the match. But that’s another story.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I also only play WvW. I won’t be playing this week thanks to Anet running my game mode.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: sadking.9625

sadking.9625

What their numbers don’t show is why people play this game. For me and my guild, PvE is a means to an end. We need to do PvE to support our WvW play.

If they introduced a fair reward system for WvW, most of us would never see a need to participate in any PvE.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Guys, watch the full video

At some point, Colin Johanson tells her that currently SoR sometimes beat his server (SBI)… At the date of this video, 2015/01/09, SBI was ranked #10 and SoR was ranked #23. When that video was posted SBI has been stronger than SoR for nearly 1 year.

I guess he plays a lot of WvW…

SoR so good they gained 13 ranks to come kick Colin’s butt : )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

I am pretty sure I have only played WvW since release, but this guy probably knows better than me.

Devs of all games never learn from their own playerbase but instead always attempt to direct and impose a playstyle onto them rather than observe what their users are doing and then enhancing that.

(edited by dan.3618)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Guys, it’s time to update your signature…

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Well he’s being disingenuous with his statement that no one plays only WvW.

People have to play some PvE to stock up for WvW. Whether that be gold, mats to make things for WvW, skill points, or whatever else of course people play things other than WvW.

What he doesn’t take into account are the people forced into PvE for whatever resource, because all they want to play in is WvW. Personally my dungeon achievements, for instance, none are full, or even close to full. Of 14 level 80 characters only one has map completion, and the next highest completion is 64%. Since EotM came out I have 6 80s that have single digit map completion. 2 of those are played significantly in WvW.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

I have 9 level 80’s and not 1 has map completion. I just do not like the pve content in this game. I just can’t get into the pve as much as I’ve tried.

I do, however, absolutely love WvW. I have over 5,656 hours played and 99% of that is from WvW.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I’m going to be honest and say I don’t exclusively play WvW, and for a long time I only did PvE. However, since I have started playing WvW a year and some months ago, it has become my MAIN gamemode to play. I even stopped doing Fractals, my favorite dungeon, for about a year after starting WvW. Occasionally I still do PvE or PvP when I need to take a break from WvW and try something different, or y’know when I need money..But again, WvW has become my home in this game. It’s not a side thing, it’s not a mini-game. It is the most interesting and entertaining form of end-game content GW2 has.

If Anet would actually work on WvW instead of ignoring it all the time, I’m sure more people would play it/keep playing as well. If Anet would give WvW players more resources to make money and whatnot, I’m sure plenty of WvW players would ONLY play WvW, too.

So to be clear, Mike O’Brien and all you Anet people, if there is nobody out there who exclusively plays WvW, it is not because there is nobody who wants to- it is because you make it impossible to exclusively play WvW.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I did PvE level 1 character to 80, a long time ago. Since then, I’ve done strictly WvW and only WvW. If you find me doing anything else, it wasn’t by choice. Take golem event for an example, this event is forcing me out of WvW that I enjoy to doing something else, often out of the game.

It would seem Anet does not realize the true potentials of WvW. DAOC started the whole RvR thing and we saw how popular it was. And when DAOC died down, people begged for other games that would provide that RvR fix. In came WAR, then GW2, then ESO, all provide a gameplay mode that many have been missing since DAOC’s downfall. Looking at how popular WvW/RvR is in these games, I’d say there’s a good chunk of MMO population that prefers it over anything else.

There’s so much potential to WvW game mode, it’s just too bad Anet doesn’t realize it. Currently I do think GW2 offers the best WvW/RvR, but it’s too bad the developers are out of touch.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

What their numbers don’t show is why people play this game. For me and my guild, PvE is a means to an end. We need to do PvE to support our WvW play.

If they introduced a fair reward system for WvW, most of us would never see a need to participate in any PvE.

Logged in to say basically the same thing. It’s impossible to get enough materials in WvW to make your ascended armor & weapons, food buffs, etc., so we WvW people HAVE to visit PvE for materials. Would I rather not? Sure, but it’s not really that difficult to run around Cursed Shore gathering stuff. If Mike O. looked at the REAL metrics, he’d see that this is true for a lot of WvW players. If 80% of your log in time is spent in WvW, then its safe to say “you only WvW”.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Well Anet with 3 years of almost no decent development you have lost almost ALL of the big name MMO Guilds. The ones remaining are being pushed away as well.

The world waits for a mass PvP zone with siege MMO that will not just grab peoples attentions, but will develop and progress to keep them interested. Well you grabbed peoples attentions 3 years ago and failed to progress at all.

IGN: Dal Brinium

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DaveTheKid.5293

DaveTheKid.5293

I’m only playing WvW! You wont see me in PvE or PvP, only if I’m afk or theres Q on al Borders.
That Golem Event makes me stop playing this Game, holy kitten I wont login until this kitten event which no one of the hardecore WvW-Players ever wanted, stops.
cya xD

Pink Afro Samurai!
Farshiverpeaks :3

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

To me my PvE is really to fund my WvW. I need gold. I get it better in PvE and the spend it for WvW. Incidentally I went into WvW today and BG was empty. No enemies no allies……just a bunch of empty golems.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: WhisperedInsanity.3985

WhisperedInsanity.3985

I only log in to WvW and I sell off everything I get in my inventory to prevent me having to go into PvEw. My guild is a WvW guild and the majority of them only log in to WvW as well. We have no raid times or map events, we log in at around the same time every day (8pm est) and play until the last player goes to bed (around 5 am est). Some will farm in PvE for gold to support our upgrade habits while others buy gem cards in order to change them to gold. PvE isn’t anywhere on my list of things I ever want to do. I’ll keep my exotic armor if I have to PvE to get ascended tyvm.

Murda Inc [QQ]
Isle of Janthir
~If you want your story to be told, write it~

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Interesting! and Not Surprised! at the same time.

" The truth has never denied the seeker…it is the seeker who has denied the truth "

" When the truth is spoken, it doesn’t need to be enhanced. It just need to be simply stated, and often it only needs to be said once "
James Nachtivey

More evidence….

Are you going to still deny The truth?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

To me my PvE is really to fund my WvW. I need gold. I get it better in PvE and the spend it for WvW. Incidentally I went into WvW today and BG was empty. No enemies no allies……just a bunch of empty golems.

Same here. PvE is the bankroll for WvW.
Started on PvP now cos WvW so mismatched ;-(

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I was only WvW/pvp but now I’m a proud guardian of LA Bank when I log in for daily rewards and log off again.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: FleurBlanc.1790

FleurBlanc.1790

My friends list tells me there are a lot of exceptions :O

I don’t exclusively wvw since it’s pretty hard to sustain yourself off of spikes and spoons.. Also kind of hard to make legendaries without the map comp. But wvw is the reason I play the game, the reason I farm gold (24 lvl 80 wvw toons- to buy/craft all the seaweed, cactus fruit, toxic, furious, lemongrass, etc.. for a month is several hundred gold), and the reason to show off shiny weapons and get a target on my head during gvgs.

Maybe anet will show the same kind of love to PVE and PVP. We can have a 5-way racial war in PVE with pvp turned on in all maps and towns. Killing uplevels grants double the points! Before long, all will bow down to our human female overladies. And for PVP maybe, for a week, it can be turn-based costume brawl in all new underwater maps only. It’ll be fun, I’m sure PVErs and PVPers will love it. What can possibly go wrong?

Attachments:

Micro Hipa [ TM ] [ Shot ] [ BMO ] [ DOLO ]
Fort Aspenwood

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Lacrisma.1540

Lacrisma.1540

Maybe anet will show the same kind of love to PVE and PVP. We can have a 5-way racial war in PVE with pvp turned on in all maps and towns. Killing uplevels grants double the points! Before long, all will bow down to our human female overladies. And for PVP maybe, for a week, it can be turn-based costume brawl in all new underwater maps only. It’ll be fun, I’m sure PVErs and PVPers will love it. What can possibly go wrong?

And I thought giving all Mobs (including dungeons and fractals ofc) a 100% damage and speed boost (which ofc scale with their stats) and having PvErs pay 4-7g to get the same buff and get clumsy skills with longer cooldowns until they log off (and have to pay again to get the 100% buffs etc back) would be a great idea. But kitten , yours sounds much more fun!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

I am COMPLETELY for global pve realm vs realm with a race wars (or guild wars since they’re building up a guild initiative in HoT)

Sadly we know the main focus is way too casual for that to ever be a thing^^
Just have to way for the new dark age of camelot i guess

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

What a disappointing interview.

Without WvW, there’s zero reason to play this game.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Innocent.9068

Innocent.9068

I only play GW2 for the WvW aspect. It’s one of the only games I have found that has this type of play and I really enjoy it. It does get very boring at times but I hang in there because I love the group dynamic and challenge.

The fact game developers are very short sighted and not realise they have a diverse player base is crazy. All people would have different reasons for playing, different preferences, different enjoyments. To suppose you know what all people do or want to do is arrogant and oh so wrong. No one knows all peoples motivations.

The fact a games developer continues to ignore peoples feedback about this weekend is a good example of a game with the potential to lose that player base. As soon as you refuse to acknowledge or respond to a larger player base what more hope do people have the game will improve. That they even understand what we want and have any intention of delivering on that.

Anyone got any recommendations for other games that have something similar to WvW here let me know I will have to check them out?

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Can anyone say WoW zombie event? Make it happen now! Don’t worry it is only a week.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Truska.2064

Truska.2064

I got to be honest… I Loled
By the way, just wanted to chip in… I only play WvW!

My mom always told me I am exceptional… Guess Mike O’Brien proved her right!

(edited by Truska.2064)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I only give GW2 money for WvW

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

You want a week WvW event? Here is one.

Make all maps a pvp zone. Problem solved.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

Thank you for bringing this to everyones attention. The only reason i play any other mode is because i need gold or something unique i cant get in wvw. And now that i have seen this, wvw is obviously a low priority. Definitely has impacted my choice to get HoT which was originally to get the ultimate edition.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I don’t think anyone was and has been pure WvW. I think most of us just end up there because it is the best most dynamic thing in GW2 right now.

Right now WvW is basically the challenging end-game content.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Mike O’Brien already has the answer, NO ONE!

In the following link I took part of Reyana’s interview with Colin and Mike at PAX South, where Mike O’Brien schooled Reyana on the “fact” that “People don’t play one thing”. (his condescending attitude is pure gold)

This whole Golem Rush week is the result of a company that doesn’t listen to their player base, but rather tells their player base what they want/need to enjoy the game.

BTW, I only play WvW…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajDiZkUNpe0

I’ve got around 3.4k hours spent in game none of it was pve all of it was pvp. I leveled with crafting and get no joy killing pve mobs. I’d play wow if I did not gw2

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: BlackSpathi.1062

BlackSpathi.1062

Looking at the nr of wvw guilds on each server which consist of mostly wvw only players there must be many thousands of players who play this game only for wvw including myself.

Apparently we do not play this game as the designers are expecting us to. Thats why we dont get the stuff we would like to see but get crap like golem week instead.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

I PvE only when im waiting on queue for WvW /i dont do EOTM/, WvW its the only reason i still have GW2 installed on my PC.
Sadly the new coming map, gonna kill the last wish i have left to play this game, if they dont rework this new Desert Borderland, they gonna lost alot of players, none of WvW players wanted a map that is mix between EOTM and Huge dungeon.
Desert Borderland is the perfect map for casual PVE lovers.
WvW for WvW players.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Tchicha.4380

Tchicha.4380

I play only WvW and i stop gw2 during this event, it’s just a joke.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Cornholio.1567

Cornholio.1567

Just loggeg in to say kitten you anet, WvW only aswell