Who plays WvW only?

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

This is something that Anet should have Devs for in ALL aspects of the game. If you’re not going to try to understand the player base of a certain aspect of the game, remove it….

Remove what? WvW? This is the only reason I’m still playing this game. Tried plenty of others since playing this one and yet I get bored of them fast and come right back to just WvW.

How many more evidence do you want? Even Arena net President: Mike O’brien do not believe wvw do not exist. " People Do Not Go To WvW, People Do Not Play WvW?

WvW Does Not Exist!!

Arena net: Stop wasting our time!! Stop giving us False hope!! Stop giving us empty words!! Remove it!!

I could care less what any dev says or president at that. I play WvW because I like it.. If they listened to most of the players and made some major changes to it guess what? Those changes would probably ruin it for some of us. I’ll give you a few changes that many people asked for and are still asking for till this day that would make me quit this game.. Alliances and server merges. When those changes do come I can tell you that will be the end of this game for me and I will thank all the players that kept asking for those changes. Then again anet never listens to its players right? So I shouldn’t have to worry..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

I only play WvW.

This condescending vegetablist needs to be taken out of all game development decisions regarding PvP.
He’s clearly a carebear that would give everyone veggie burgers if he was in charge of a burger joint.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

im someone who did wvw only for two years before I got bored and moved to doing spvp only. pve in this game is less than garbage because it was never challenging and always just about looking pretty. when I want to do pve, I will play games that are challenging and interesting like Witcher 3 etc.

spvp balance is a joke right now as well and I think Stronghold was a miss, so im basically just counting down to Overwatch at which point I will have enough fun pvp games to play long term. at that point I will likely never log into GW2 again.

there are 3 overarching problems: 1) devs who don’t understand their playerbase, 2) a small team of devs who are hit or miss at balancing pvp (some decent decisions, many outright incompetent), and 3) not enough devs. this has been the problem since the game launched and it’s absolutely not any different 3 years later.

also Mike is a tool, which explains problems 1-3 being here since launch.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

“You are the exception”

I had a chuckle.

Ya, WWW is broken but its the only part of the game worth play at all.

Would love them to address: skill lag, stacking, down state, class balance as a bare min, but I dont expect it and am only playing here and there waiting for other games to launch.

I will probably never try an mmo that tries to launch with 3-4 modes of gameplay that are all after thoughts and bolt on check boxes.

I will probably not buy future new products from anet, I have been patient long enough, they simply don’t get it or are not willing to spend time/money to fix the game.

(edited by dooger.2640)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Mike O’Brien is the executive produce of GW2 and president of ArenaNet.

What he said in the videos about “you’re the exception” and that people do other things outside of WvW just shows he doesn’t under his player base nor his game.

He’s a dollars guy in that he wants to see profits for GW2 and he uses PvE players as the driving force behind this game. Who’s more inclined to spend money on the gem store – pve players or wvw?

He looks at WvW as a theme park more or less in that players will jump in for a few and then go back to the world of Tyria.

With the massive stagnated WvW scene for the past three years, it’s a clear indication that there’s no room for a serious overhaul for WvW to be what RvR was/is. They released EoTM which is a good map but horrible executed. In fact, WvW in general is pretty badly executed as one poster pointed out (Menka? I forget his name).

When a GvG gets 1,000+ viewers that isn’t promoted by ArenaNet, then that’s a huge accomplishment and pretty telling about your WvW population.

Mike O’Brien’s hunch and protruding head from his shoulders and his ignorance towards what people do in GW2 is just insulting. He has no idea what this player base does nor wants and makes baseless claims on video reaffirming this.

I understand they want a casual game where someone can pick it up and play and jump right in but don’t mock or insult your players. Business 101.

If they hired a decent RvR designer and actually spent dev time implementing the proposed changes that you can find here and on Reddit, this game will be much better off for every player, regardless of what game mode they prefer.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

This is something that Anet should have Devs for in ALL aspects of the game. If you’re not going to try to understand the player base of a certain aspect of the game, remove it….

Remove what? WvW? This is the only reason I’m still playing this game. Tried plenty of others since playing this one and yet I get bored of them fast and come right back to just WvW.

I don’t want to see WvW removed. I am simply saying that I don’t want to be “milked” a long anymore in hopes that Anet is going to admit that their WvW player base is larger than they think, and start to fix it. What I meant in my statement is that if Anet is unable to balance 3 points on a triangle (WvW, PvP, PvE), then it’s time to admit it and drop one of them. Denying facts, and lying to string players along that WvW only is bullkitten… lol

I agree with this. At this point I am so depressed of the current state of wvw and the lack of communication that I’d rather the devs come out clean and tell us that they want to remove it. It would sadden me but at least it would give me closure. Atm we’re just hopping like idiots for a miracle and it feels like a waste.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

Mike O’Brien is the executive produce of GW2 and president of ArenaNet.

What he said in the videos about “you’re the exception” and that people do other things outside of WvW just shows he doesn’t under his player base nor his game.

I’m pretty sure the vast majority of the gw2 playerbase does not only play WvW. And they probably have the statistics to back that up.

Compared to the whole gw2 population you ARE the exception.
This does not mean that WvW shouldn’t be improved, not at all.
But many people here seem to overestimate the WvW only crowd by a lot, it really is a rather tiny amount of people that play WvW exclusively.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

this is a game, golem rush is an event in the game, get over it, this is nothing to waste so much time over frothing at the bit to try and change it….do something different, like find ways to kill the golem zergs that’s pretty fun.

Sincerly, Me.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Agreed. Or find a new game or hobby to fill your time. If your game is aggravating you, move on to something else.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

I don’t want to see WvW removed. I am simply saying that I don’t want to be “milked” a long anymore in hopes that Anet is going to admit that their WvW player base is larger than they think, and start to fix it. What I meant in my statement is that if Anet is unable to balance 3 points on a triangle (WvW, PvP, PvE), then it’s time to admit it and drop one of them. Denying facts, and lying to string players along that WvW only is bullkitten… lol

I agree with this. At this point I am so depressed of the current state of wvw and the lack of communication that I’d rather the devs come out clean and tell us that they want to remove it. It would sadden me but at least it would give me closure. Atm we’re just hopping like idiots for a miracle and it feels like a waste.

Well some are hoping for something while others are still playing the same game mode for well over 2 years and still enjoy it. From this event it is obvious to me that people want changes but will never accept them. All you here is this isn’t what we asked for and I can tell you if anet listened to every idea from players I would be long gone.

If wvw stayed the same for 3 more years yet I can still login and find people to fight I will still play it for all those years. Till I have no more fun playing this game mode I will be here if it doesn’t change or if it changes and I have to adapt to those changes. If I can’t adapt (which I doubt will happen) and it is no longer fun I will give it up.

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Well some are hoping for something while others are still playing the same game mode for well over 2 years and still enjoy it. From this event it is obvious to me that people want changes but will never accept them. All you here is this isn’t what we asked for and I can tell you if anet listened to every idea from players I would be long gone.

If wvw stayed the same for 3 more years yet I can still login and find people to fight I will still play it for all those years. Till I have no more fun playing this game mode I will be here if it doesn’t change or if it changes and I have to adapt to those changes. If I can’t adapt (which I doubt will happen) and it is no longer fun I will give it up.

That’s rubbish. People want changes and improvements to WvW, but nobody asked for golems that run faster than players and do 100% extra damage to players. Nobody asked for these buffs to be exploited onto player characters either. And those that enjoy scouting, upgrading keeps, defending T3 keeps, fighting open field, fighting over a defended waypoint, etc. never asked for their gameplay be completely ruined for one whole week.

There’s nothing to adapt from this golem event. Golem dupes? Supercharged buff exploits? T3 keeps melting like butter? No adapting is necessary, Anet needs to fix these bugs/exploits or turn the event off completely. I don’t get why you are still blaming players for feeling down that their only gamemode that they enjoy in this game is ruined by a week long event plagued with bugs and exploits.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Mike O’brien is right, most people play more than one game mode, and there’s no shame in that. And if you’re playing just WvW you’re missing out on a lot, specially since most of the resources go into PvE (maybe also PvP?), and WvW is just a very small amount of playable content compared to the rest of the game.

(edited by Davey.7029)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Mike O’brien is right, most people play more than one game mode, and there’s no shame in that. And if you’re playing just WvW you’re missing out on a lot, specially since most of the resources go into PvE (maybe PvP?), and WvW is just a very small amount of playable content compared to the rest of the game.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that there are players that just don’t like doing PvE, even if there is so much we’re missing out on? There are players who only want to do some form of PvP. There are lots of them, in fact, if the rise and popularity of MOBAs is anything to go by. Why do you think Arenanet is trying so hard to make their sPvP into an eSport? Right now, that’s where the money in gaming is, not in PvE.

Tarnished Coast

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

I don’t get why you are still blaming players for feeling down that their only gamemode that they enjoy in this game is ruined by a week long event plagued with bugs and exploits.

Because it’s only for a week and people are overreacting a whole lot. I don’t get why people get this angry over a minor event that only lasts a couple of days.
If the queue numbers are any indication, there are plenty of people who enjoy it, apparently.
It’ll be gone soon enough, so chill. The bugs & exploits could need fixing though.

Mike O’brien is right, most people play more than one game mode, and there’s no shame in that. And if you’re playing just WvW you’re missing out on a lot, specially since most of the resources go into PvE (maybe PvP?), and WvW is just a very small amount of playable content compared to the rest of the game.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that there are players that just don’t like doing PvE, even if there is so much we’re missing out on? There are players who only want to do some form of PvP. There are lots of them, in fact, if the rise and popularity of MOBAs is anything to go by. Why do you think Arenanet is trying so hard to make their sPvP into an eSport? Right now, that’s where the money in gaming is, not in PvE.

Nobody would deny that there are people who only play WvW.
But the WvW-only guys needs to accept they’re a very minor part of the player base and if the reaction of the current WvW crowd is any indication, they are getting offended far too much by this minor event that should be viewed as more of a lighthearted joke.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

(edited by coax.2951)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

gavyne.6847

Because it’s only for a week and people are overreacting a whole lot. I don’t get why people get this angry over a minor event that only lasts a couple of days.
If the queue numbers are any indication, there are plenty of people who enjoy it, apparently.
It’ll be gone soon enough, so chill. The bugs & exploits could need fixing though.

What queues? It’s NA primetime, on a T1 server currently no queues other than a small queue for EBG. No waypoints anywhere on any maps, just ktraining on all maps and people avoiding fights. There are people exploiting Supercharged golem buffs everywhere now. I’ve never been this bored, this just doesn’t happen in T1 during NA but thanks to Anet, we have to do this dance for a whole week.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Teevell.1684

I don’t get why you are still blaming players for feeling down that their only gamemode that they enjoy in this game is ruined by a week long event plagued with bugs and exploits.

Nobody would deny that there are people that only play WvW.
But the WvW-only guys needs to accept they’re a very minor part of the player base and if the reaction of the current WvW crowd is any indication, they are getting offended far too much by this minor event that should be viewed as more of a lighthearted joke.

Do you really think people are mad about just the golem event? It’s not only the event, it’s that the golem event is a tipping point, the last straw for a lot of people. It’s that the WvW pop feels that Anet doesn’t care about them, the game mode, and is just straight up ignoring them. They’re mad that the president of the company thinks that there aren’t people who ONLY play WvW, that WvW players are really just confused PvE players. They’re mad that there are bugs that have been around for years, and no decent updates or changes to the system.

Golem event is just the tip of the anger iceberg, which you would know if you were paying attention to the entire conversation. I know it’s a 800+ post thread, plus the other ones that are relevant, but give it a read and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Tarnished Coast

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Teevell.1684

What queues? It’s NA primetime, on a T1 server currently no queues other than a small queue for EBG. No waypoints anywhere on any maps, just ktraining on all maps and people avoiding fights. There are people exploiting Supercharged golem buffs everywhere now. I’ve never been this bored, this just doesn’t happen in T1 during NA but thanks to Anet, we have to do this dance for a whole week.

Yeah, taking a look at the point spread it’s pretty obvious that most of the WvW guilds from TC and JQ just aren’t bothering to queue up this week. There’s a 16K point difference between 2nd and 3rd place right now, when there’s usually only a 2-4k difference at most, and often smaller than that. It’s because the dedicated WvW people aren’t queuing up on TC right now. A minor part of the playerbase doesn’t cause a swing like that, and that’s on just 1 server. That’s a lot of people who usually play WvW not playing right now.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Teevell.1684)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

That’s rubbish. People want changes and improvements to WvW, but nobody asked for golems that run faster than players and do 100% extra damage to players. Nobody asked for these buffs to be exploited onto player characters either. And those that enjoy scouting, upgrading keeps, defending T3 keeps, fighting open field, fighting over a defended waypoint, etc. never asked for their gameplay be completely ruined for one whole week.

There’s nothing to adapt from this golem event. Golem dupes? Supercharged buff exploits? T3 keeps melting like butter? No adapting is necessary, Anet needs to fix these bugs/exploits or turn the event off completely. I don’t get why you are still blaming players for feeling down that their only gamemode that they enjoy in this game is ruined by a week long event plagued with bugs and exploits.

Its not rubish to me. If wvw had zero changes yet I can still find fights I would not leave. There are many threads you can go complain in about this event I was pointing out that even if WvW never changes I would probably still enjoy it for years to come. Also lots of changes that people asked for would probably make me quit.

Your upset over this event which isn’t permanent and I will say its not a good event but it didn’t stop me from still trying to have fun. I wasn’t talking about adapting to this event even though I have a little since I’m trying to destroy golems instead of running around in them. I’m talking about having to adapt to the new stuff that is coming which most people already think will be just one big k-train map.

Anyway there is a thread for talking about the event.. I’m posting in others to get away from that thread yet people are just mad over this event and keep bringing it up in every thread

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

It must really annoy Arenanet that WvW enjoyed so much success as an infinite replay, many ways to play sandbox format, while their other major post-launch projects have failed to garner the same kind of genuine fun and enthusiasm.

WvW-only players are the minority, but when the most enthusiastic (trying not to use the word hardcore) players quit, everyone suffers. Players like Reyana that help run server communities, guild leaders, commanders, streamers, youtubers, whatever. When those players stop playing, WvW becomes a wasteland no ones cares about. Thinking that players who mainly log in for WvW will keep logging in to play other things if WvW is a wasteland is a huge mistake, and I believe Mr. O’Brien may be vastly underestimating how many of those players there are.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Most WvWers I know, WvW first and PvP second, PVE is optional.

WvW is as casual and hardcore as you want to make it, there is so much more of a diverse range of players that make up a part of a WvW community. You have the more hardcore side of WvW Raiding or GvG; fighting other guilds and coordinating with your own Guild to win fights., then there are the roamers, pugs and Commanders, that keep everyday WvW from getting stale – compared to every other content in the game.

I have to say though, the Competitive side of WvW that is PPT and Rankings, has failed to be improved upon, so many Guilds and Players now focus on something like GvG, for good reason.

I’ve been on my Server for the past 2 years and seen it change, I even commanded this one time. In my opinion though, too many Communities go through ups and downs or just fall out of existence, it’s because of Anet’s failure to capatalize on something that is so poular and address the issues with the game mode – which is unique and evolving through player driven initiatives.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

gavyne.6847

WvW is as casual and hardcore as you want to make it, there is so much more of a diverse structure needed to upkeep a WvW community in WvW. You have the more hardcoore side of WvW Raiding or GvG; fighting other guilds and coordinating with your own Guild to win fights., then there are the roamers, pugs and Commanders, that keep everyday WvW from getting stale – compared to every other content in the game.

There’s something others can’t really understand. There’s no raiding in GW2, but ironically, WvW is where a guild can raid together as a group. People work together, play their roles, and fight against other groups in competitive play. You win some, you lose some, you get better, etc.. Your actions matter. It’s as close to raiding as you’ll find in this game. It’s a draw that keep people playing this game.

Just too bad Anet doesn’t quite grasp the concept. This is why the full potential of WvW may never be realized in this game.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

I do. 99.9% of time.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I play mostly wvw, pve consist of mostly guild missions, sometimes world bosses if I am semi-afk, never set a foot in pvp.

it’s possible that people that play mostly wvw are a minority. But I would be quite surprised if wvw wouldn’t still be the majority of active game-hours spent in game nowadays. The ones that play are regulars, dedicated and active with 1000nds of hours just in wvw. I doubt there are many with similar numbers in pvp or pve.
It just isn’t possible to spend that much time in pve and not get bored by it (unless you also count all the hours just standing around randomly chatting with others).

But I understand, if arenanet looked at the statistics and said: ok, wvw players give us not enough money for the ressources they cost for moderation, online-time etc. we want to focus on gamers that play pve mostly and are only on 1x a week. I would like to see the statistics in detail though.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: cookedegg.1570

cookedegg.1570

I do. 95% of my time. WvW is the only reason i came back a few month ago, but i tend to leave again, because nothing changed.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

I only play wvw

Siren – Aurora Glade

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

HEAR IT ARENANET

WE-ARE-NO-EXCEPTIONS

PS: You remember dat money throw action for the Fifa president? Let’s do that on the next convention, wearing a commander tag…

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Nemaides.6873

Nemaides.6873

I, as many people I know in gw2, play almost only WvW.
Let say only 90% of the time, because :

• leveling to 80
  • queue (waiting in PVE map)
  • gold and material farm in PVE (world boss, dungeons)
  • crafting food and gear (take some time in PVE to craft a full ascended gear in order to opti raid in wvw)
  • testing build / sigil / gear synergy in PvP

All right, there’s technically no one playing wvw only … simply because that is not doable.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Fess.3125

Fess.3125

Nothing to add, just another pi**ed off WvW player here

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

I play mostly wvw, pve consist of mostly guild missions, sometimes world bosses if I am semi-afk, never set a foot in pvp.

it’s possible that people that play mostly wvw are a minority. But I would be quite surprised if wvw wouldn’t still be the majority of active game-hours spent in game nowadays. The ones that play are regulars, dedicated and active with 1000nds of hours just in wvw. I doubt there are many with similar numbers in pvp or pve.
It just isn’t possible to spend that much time in pve and not get bored by it (unless you also count all the hours just standing around randomly chatting with others).

But I understand, if arenanet looked at the statistics and said: ok, wvw players give us not enough money for the ressources they cost for moderation, online-time etc. we want to focus on gamers that play pve mostly and are only on 1x a week. I would like to see the statistics in detail though.

Well said. And me too!

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Nivi.4901

Nivi.4901

I only play this game for WvW.

Former [Leon] – Leonhart Guild WvW Staff
Former [So] – Shellfish
[VzA] – Vizunah Assault

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

My personal breakdown probably looks like this…

WvW: 80%
PvP: 10%
PvE: 5%
Keg Brawl: 5% (lol)

I primarily identify as a WvWer, and if WvW were to go away, or stop being fun, the remaining 20% would not be enough to keep me in GW2. If PvE and PvP became boring however, I’d still happily stick around and just be a pure WvWer.

For me, the PvE and PvP are just side shows.
I came for the WvW, and I stay for the WvW.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

wvw is the only reason i play.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

If I am not in wvw I’m gathering mats, if gathering is considered pve, well then, nvm.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

I’ve 5 toons, one of them have 100% map completation. I left WvW maps for last, never left the place since.

[HUE]

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

99.9% in wvw

since over 2 years in a wvw only guild. our community base is there.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

I only play wvw

Silverwastes and dry top are not considered WvW fyi

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Cinders.3201

Cinders.3201

And this is how we wind up with more and more amazing events like Golem Rush week. So we have meaningful and competitive large scale “pvp”. The most “active game mode” I participated in after discovering the tedious nature of this weeks Golem rush was afk’ing in Divinity’s Reach. Guess that’s now a considered a game mode now too.

(edited by Cinders.3201)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

Well I got bored today and found out her statement of “I play wvw and that is it” isn’t 100% accurate. I clearly saw her dying in fractals and dungeons. Unless she has a twin sister that is. So every single person in that interview isn’t 100% right.

Most of us have chosen this game mode over every other game mode but sometimes it gets stale. I know in the past if I couldn’t find any fights I would hop into pvp to get some fights. I also had to grind 100% map completion cause I wanted a shiny weapon and did some pve stuff since it seemed everyone else deserted wvw when new pve stuff came out. It was either that or not play and I actually enjoy the game so I’d rather play with some of my friends even if they drag me into pve every now and then.

I will say what he said was silly because he said “people don’t play just one thing” just like many people like to speak for “everyone” with posts they make on these forums. He should have said the majority of people and he would have been right probably.

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

To be fair, I play WvW almost exclusively.

This week, however, I’ve been working on season two of living story.

So it could be she’s just sitting out the week like I am?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

To be fair, I play WvW almost exclusively.

This week, however, I’ve been working on season two of living story.

So it could be she’s just sitting out the week like I am?

Nah they were old videos and she seems pretty cool to me. I just think she is just like many of us that have just chosen this game mode over the other game modes. I always say 99% of my time is in wvw just to be safe LOL but really I login to game and push b and pick a map. I was in a PVE guild for the longest and every single person knew where to find me if they wanted to.

Plus it was a live interview and sometimes you just say the first thing that pops into your head. I probably would have said same thing if someone else said to me people don’t play one thing..

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

WvW-PvE-PvP is my order. Do I ONLY play WvW? No. Is it what I enjoy the most and spend a majority of my time? Yes.

PvE and the TP are my means of money. I like the mindless farming that I can find in PvE but the TP is my money maker. WvW is where I have my fun. I get on TS, talk to friends, and try to do something that makes me feel productive. As soon as HoT hits and WvW players start coming back to try the new map, I’ll be getting back into GvG’s.

Maguuma Guardian

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Princesspoopoo.5064

Princesspoopoo.5064

My guild left Eredon Terrace because the WvW was dead. And YES we mostly WvW! At least 20 of us regularly log on for WvW. So .. more exceptions!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

I only WvW or look for a way to exploit PvE content so I can get it done faster to earn gold so I can move back to WvW.

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

While I do login to pve, I am primarily a WvW player.

I have a bit more than 10k yak kills, a bit more than 3k yak escorts, and a few other achievements only available to WvW.

I have zero dungeon or fractal AP’s.

I am still in this game due to enjoying WvW.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Mainly play WvW should say somewere between 80-90% off the time.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: FishAnna.9081

FishAnna.9081

Mainly play WvW, before the Golem rush event comes out

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Fleurs Mortes.4502

Fleurs Mortes.4502

99% WvW player here.
Over 3000 hours played.
All classes at 80, levelled in WvW and EotM.
Leave my characters parked in HotM, sometimes test builds there.
Don’t even do guild missions.
No dungeons, no Fractals, no Living Story. Not even Personal Story.

Good to know that I’m valued as a player of this game.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Drew.7192

Drew.7192

1% pvp, dailies only now, a match here and there when the lag spikes in wvwvw become unbearable.

4% pve, only way to support my wvwvw, and/or when the lag spikes in wvwvw become unbearable. The pve in this game is mind numbingly boring.

95% wvwvw, really the only part of the game I find enjoyable.

So he is right that I don’t “only” play wvwvw. But it’s not by choice. And wvwvw is the “only” reason I log in these days.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Cassie Undt.8726

Cassie Undt.8726

it so sad that O’brian think McM is useless.

how many youtube video about McM regardless pve or spvp ?

i past 80% of my time in McM, the rest is for farm.

the only thing that player have in mind during 2 years is : what’s the glicko of my world ?
we fight during this time to bring pve bonus and repute for our world.

Are you tired to develop the FIRST competitive aspect of GW2 ?

(edited by Cassie Undt.8726)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

Howdie all,

i can tell you guys that Anet did not forgot WvW and are indeed trying to bring up improvements, their problem is though wich comes from the higher levels in Anets company, PvE is mostly played and second is PvP, WvW comes last so they dont see it as important they only see numbers.
They still know though that without WvW this game will die very quickly, cause of the amount of time and enthousiasm the communities are still playing at, so they give small things once every while cause the WvW communities are barely quitting even if they get neglected a lot.
So its easy money for Anet, at the same time most people play PvE (I DONT, only when i am really in need of dosh in game cause WvW gives me nothing and i find it HORRIBLE to play PVE) wich is also quite the easy money.
In a sense if people want change letting WvW die out is the best option, then they are forced to do stuff to bring more changes.
I need to say though also at Anets defense they are trying to make WvW more being part of an guild or community or alliance focused then before after the expansion. Wich ofc very very good news for a lot of people!