UntimelyM.7860

Logging in to say that my entire guild and myself play almost exclusively WvW

Engineer – Prozap H [JDGE] Judge Legends & [CHvc] Cry Havoc – Gandara
Youtube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFPEOjy4Pt8jupHeT2LkiUA

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Rynter.3975

Rynter.3975

I’m in a guild with over 200 active members, and the whole reason we’re in GW2 is WvW.

Waiting on Camelot Unchained…..

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Thing is we all enjoy playing this game mode and I’m sure most like myself have been playing it for over 2 years.. If it was really so broken as some claim it is, I for one would have left. Really wvw is the only thing keeping me in this game. If they made major changes to this game mode do you think more players would join in or would it make more people leave the game? I think more would leave because really people want changes but some will not want to adapt to changes..

Yes it would be nice to get some changes and be acknowledged that we exist but if you look at the tournaments and these temporary events, in a way it is anet showing that they haven’t forgot about us. We’ll probably never see another tournament since a lot of people claimed it ruined the game. If tournaments and events ruined the game everybody would be long gone by now. I’m sure many have left from lack of updates but I still see the same faces after over two years of playing running around in WvW. Not saying these tournaments and events are fixes, just saying that they do think about us but even when they do most have nothing nice to say about it.

If this game mode stayed the same for years to come I would probably still play it. Seeing as it hasn’t changed much since I started to WvW yet I put in many hours each day. Probably more then should. Its fun to me the way it is.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

I only do WvW pretty much. That guy is so freaking out of touch with the player base its sad.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

Better if I don’t comment about his “performance” in that video.

I would bet 50 cents that the golem event was strongly pushed by him too.
Or…may be he is too much out of touch with his game to even know there is a golem event.
Or,may be he is too much out of touch to know he is involved into this game leadership.

Poor developers…

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

If i could get away with only playing WvW i certainly would, but a mans got to eat and it kittening rains money in PvE.

And of course the golem event, i have just avoided WvW for the week.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

Better if I don’t comment about his “performance” in that video.

I would bet 50 cents that the golem event was strongly pushed by him too.
Or…may be he is too much out of touch with his game to even know there is a golem event.
Or,may be he is too much out of touch to know he is involved into this game leadership.

Poor developers…

Maybe this event was to bring people into this event that only do PVE to make his statement more true? :P

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Haythere.7513

Haythere.7513

They design a game that does not effectively allow a player to only play one mode and then says that mode is not important.

nice.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

After Camelot unchained and crowfall release this really will be a pve- centric game because a large number of players will leave gw2 for games that actually focus on realm vs realm and not just as a cheap afterthought. What anet failed to realize is that competition that is more dynamic, which can exist in rvr is more interesting than a 5 v 5 game that never changes and is biased to favored classes. At least wvw had more chances to show teamwork etc. Anet is wedded to some stupid principle that it can rival the aspects of LoL or DOTA and still feed its mass of pve players. They need to up their game and think outside the box with regard to competitive aspects of the pvp and wvw world and not just try to reinvent the wheel of DOTA and lol within a gw2 context. Because it’s not there and spvp is uber repetitive. Wvw has potential and there are ways to cut down on blobbing and zerg mentality, but they need to be supported, not scoffed at by anet staff members.

And for some reason they put out this golem rush without any forethought to how it will disrupt a huge amount of wvw players. I honestly play wvw a lot, and now have no desire to log in and even roam. They is no sense of ownership or achieve,net when a stupid horde of unskilled golems can rush in and undue what you have done the second the timer flips. I swear I think anet will keep these golems and just up the countdown times for recapturing keeps, etc. that would be some real trolling.

Anet wake up, this is not good.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

I play PvE only when forced into (not allowed into WvW yet) or when I want an item or gold (for gear or whatever) and sometimes – very rarely – because some PvE events are fun, for once, not repeating them.

But the sole reason I do all the above is because GW2 has a purpose: and that’s the WvW: the fights there, the fellowship, the large scale PvP – that unlike the “sPvP” mode, lasts 24/7 and resembles an “epic” large battle (though I’d like 10k or 100k player battlefields). I’m a WvW player and without WvW – GW2 means nothing at all.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zentrickster.1862

Zentrickster.1862

I bought this game for the WvW and would exclusively play WvW.

I play PvE for gold, when I’m bored or nothing is going on in WvW. Lately I would rather play just about anything else.

I wish I never bought the upcoming expansion.

I never post in forums but today I am angry enough in my 20 years of playing MMO genre games to say this is crap. I guess I need to donate more money to dedicated WvW games (Camelot Unchained maybe?).

Bleh, bite me Anet.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: headraver.4862

headraver.4862

the only reason i pve is to farm gold mats skins etc 95% of my time is in wvw anet has no idea of how many people actully wvw cos they dont give a stuff and they dont even listen to what needs changing and what could be done to improve wvw

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Aegis Fang.5394

Aegis Fang.5394

Wow so that’s where my money has been going? Both of those tools can move to Fire Island together while their game goes into the toilet. There’s NO WAY I am giving that smug bald prick one penny more of my money wow. What a pompous, abrasive kitten that guy is.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

Wow so that’s where my money has been going? Both of those tools can move to Fire Island together while their game goes into the toilet. There’s NO WAY I am giving that smug bald prick one penny more of my money wow. What a pompous, abrasive kitten that guy is.

2 years ago you said you were done with this game.. You also post a lot about pvp and classes getting nerfed and are so fed up with this game. I guess you to just play WvW too right?

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

2 years ago you said you were done with this game.. You also post a lot about pvp and classes getting nerfed and are so fed up with this game. I guess you to just play WvW too right?

briggah, no offense but you look like a stalker.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

briggah, no offense but you look like a stalker.

Event has made me become bored. Its funny to me really so many people are mad about his statement yet they have played every other game mode according to things they have talked about in the past on these forums.. I’m starting to doubt anyone just plays wvw because this game forces you into other game modes whether you like it or not.

You know what I wish people would stick to their words and actually quit instead of sticking around only to trash talk the people who make this game every second they can.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.1596

Xeno.1596

I only play WVW. Well like everyone else I level up and craft, and farm for crafting but I do this to play WVW. The PVE and PVP is all right in this game but honestly I’ll pay a sub and go elsewhere for PVE or structured PVP. I come back to GW2 to WVW because currently there isn’t much of a community out there for RVR, WVW mass pvp. Most the money I’ve spent has been to further enjoyment of WVW or my characters I WVW with. I find the lack of a response to the ill planned event, and the condescending attitude in “no one only plays one thing” and “you’re the exception” to be off putting. The lack of a presence of players in WVW as a result is compounding. I personally am not likely to log back in or spend more money with ArenaNet until the community I enjoy is active again. Checking the forums and other sites until then.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: chimeihe.4863

chimeihe.4863

At the beginning i played WvW only, and i become a member of a WvW guild
We love the battles in WvW. Besides the regular training, we tried to have better abilities.
So we started crafting our own ascended gear, and we faced the first challenge.
Ascended gear is a big cost for us, i don’t think we can earn up money by playing WvW only.
We are spending money every seconds in WvW, such as our gear, food or siege.
We put tons of effort on it, but the goal is small.
Finally, we have to take part in PVE, this is the worst thing for us.
We don’t think that’s interesting, but we have to do it cuz we need money.
“You need money? Join PVE now. If not, play your own battle by using exoctic gear.”
“Become a soldier WvW, and share the buff to living worlds!”
We only see these words in our view…
Although we cannot accept, this is the fact, we MUST accept.
So i become a PVX player, but my thought didn’t change..

“We don’t think PVE’s interesting.”

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Gryph.8237 that have been sad Before and will be sad again after Camelot unchained.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I only do WvW pretty much. That guy is so freaking out of touch with the player base its sad.

The bolded part is rather important.

Pretty much suggests that you also play the other parts, thus you don’t ONLY play WvW, which is exactly what O’Brien is saying in the video.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

Pretty much suggests that you also play the other parts, thus you don’t ONLY play WvW, which is exactly what O’Brien is saying in the video.

That’s not EXACTLY what he is saying. Of course, perception has a lot to do with it. Some people just have a more in-tune perception as to what is going on around them. So, what EXACTLY is he saying in this clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LhvuomaJaY

Obviously he is allowing me and others to think the way we want to about our preferred mode of the game, right? And if you read the majority of the other posts of people that don’t say they ONLY WvW, they play other modes of the game only to get gear, gold, etc. in order to be able to support their preferred game mode, WvW, because they are FORCED to if they want to play that mode.

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

I’m in to playing chess, but typically I am really into PvE.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

We all log into PvE mode – because we can’t avoid it. What Mike said it is true to some extent: we “play” most or every game mode… but WHY?

Ask us please, add an in-game or launcher option to vote which is our preferred game mode, and beyond that, if only one of those can be improved and supported financially, which one we would like that to be?

There are many games that focus dungeons, small scale PvP, all kind of story PvE – and are built to be the best doing those things. The WvW of GW2 it’s still the only option for us who like – large scale RvR – games. It’s not just an end-game or mini game mode for us – but the whole reason we all still here.

We are sad because your WvW could be so much more, if development were focused on keeping it a PvP and not adding more and more PvE into (siege vs. player for example, player vs. NPC, player vs. gates). Large scale PvP content always has something new, because the players involved. It’s easier to keep it fresh – but still needs new things from time to time. There are so many to improve and fix, starting with coverage, guild alliances, real skill level based balancing, removing NPC and non-fixed siege (or complete redesign to prevent making PvP pointless), WvW specific rewards based on effort-skill level-contribution and so on.

And why not, instead of your PvE focused HoT expansion, give us a WvW exclusive expansion (you won’t, but I would be happy to not have to be kicked to LA during WvW battles when you are fixing… that “living” story… so happy when you do that). So Mike it’s true in OP – sadly, we are all just PvE players, because that’s what GW2 it is – with some semblance of RvR, that still converted so many PvE players into PvP, and maybe a few from PvP into “loving” PvE (think about k-train and pvdooring).

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

No. A lot of people here do only play (engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose) WvW. Unfortunately due to WvW being ignored for so long, players are forced to grind the other content in order to be competitive in WvW.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

I would not take O’Brien’s comment in that interview too serious because Colin gave already the better answer before “we dont talk about…”

The f2p mmo market is a buyers market (tons of offers and the customer got the choice) and in such position you wont reveal which systems your players use most etc. to give competitors no chance to view on that for competition reasons.

Though he probably has not choosen the best way to express it in such situation like a fan interview. Still good for a laugh. Looking forward for more interviews, i like if business people get caught unprepared^^. + rep for interview.

let me entertain you

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

It is also funny considering they just announced they are going to re-balance Full status based on actual WvW population. Or at least try.

Which given his statement wouldn’t actually be necessary, since there are no exclusive WvW players…. Because the more someone is into something, the more they are also into something completely different…

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

To me my PvE is really to fund my WvW. I need gold. I get it better in PvE and the spend it for WvW. Incidentally I went into WvW today and BG was empty. No enemies no allies……just a bunch of empty golems.

Same here. PvE is the bankroll for WvW.
Started on PvP now cos WvW so mismatched ;-(

No bs spent the last week in PvP got to rank 40……yay?
Spent the rest of my time scrapping money together for strength runes for WvW because I thought a celestial build with them might be fun. PvE bankrolling continues.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Kantra.6285

Kantra.6285

WvW player only. (I played from the GW2 release)

I left the game 2 month ago because of Anet lack of interest in WvW (all has already been said in “the state of WvW” thread).
It was the real “guild wars” part for me.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

I used to play only WvW until I figured out that I get absolutely nothing to mention for it. Probably thousands of hours and not even one full ascended set for one character. And if that’s not enough playing didn’t feel like you achieve something, like ever. Only ones getting something out of it were leeching casual zergers and PvErs.

It’s probably how anet wants it to be, but a lot of people are not happy or already quit because of it ages ago.

Then I pretty much quit playing now I only play sPvP randomly.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

He said WvW players were really into PvE. Bolded the important part. WvW players are into PvE inasmuch as it supports their WvW play. That’s all. Otherwise we would be PvX players.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Of course I do more than just WvW but WvW is clearly THE game mode that makes me continue playing GW2. Remove WvW from the game and I’m out.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

I just wanted to thank all of you that participated in this thread. I hope that the feedback will be reviewed and taken into consideration by the devs.

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

I’m in a guild with over 200 active members, and the whole reason we’re in GW2 is WvW.

Waiting on Camelot Unchained…..

Omg same here. From the looks of it CU has most of what I have been looking for. Time will tell, but I’ll give any company a chance who is willing to take one like they are.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

i play WvW only …but atm i wait till Hacktide is gone …

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

I pretty much play WvW only with my guildies. And once a week the guild missions but I would not say I play PvE, that’s like a weekly task.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

I recently started playing it, but without a goal how long can anyone really play it?
There’s no point in doing anything in WvsW…

Put in a goal, like WO had.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Most people I play WvW with ONLY play WvW, are trying to farm in SW to buy siege for wvw or they do not play at all. Currently if I am not playing WvW, I am not playing Gw2. My sister and her Husband right now will not even play the game at all now until they can come play WvW with me on my server, until then, we will just play other games together.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I recently started playing it, but without a goal how long can anyone really play it?

The built in " goal" for wvw is to win, however there is little reward or motivation for doing so and due to a broken system many players are not offered a chance to do so simply due to being on a bad server. Many players are forced to log in to servers and have no one to play with or against, or are stuck on servers that have a bad community due to the time they are available to play and having too many servers that do not have 24/7 coverage OR they are forced to sit in ques the whole time because their server is clogged during the hours they are available to play. Due to making too many wvw servers and having a defective system. The only options I see for actually solving wvw primary issues is either:
1) Reduce the number of servers to only the amount of servers that have 24/7 coverage. Any server who does not have enough 24/7 coverage is closed and then on the remaining servers you add more maps to allow more players to play at once to remove ques. You could also create event maps when all servers in a match reach a certain number que that allows for a new map to appear for a set time period to play on during busiest hours and then disappears after that time expires.
Or

2) Remove the server system all together and make wvw much shorter time periods allowing guilds to choose a team to play on before a match. Say, you reduce it to a day or less and people choose their team prior to playing and you cannot switch teams until the match is done. That would allow guilds/ players to play with different people every time and against different people every time. It would then actually be " guild wars".

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

Paint the map your colour

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Big rewards will never happen in WvW.
ANet wants to give all players the same for their effort. It’s not your fault if your server sucks so it would be unfair to even punish those players who are already losing.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Jana.6831

1) Reduce the number of servers to only the amount of servers that have 24/7 coverage. Any server who does not have enough 24/7 coverage is closed

Great Idea – We’ve got 4 time zones in the EU, so you want to shut down all EU servers.
Or leave the 2 that have people from CAN, AUS, NA playing on them.
Or: The EU players would be forced to play on NA servers with a ping of ~200-400. You really thought this through, right?

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

Here’s a goal you can do every single time you play WvW. Look at your point tick, try and make it higher than the other 2 servers. If its already higher try and keep it that way.

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

If im not afk in front of the TP or forced to farm to feed my wvw activites im in wvw

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Mryul.8165

Mryul.8165

I think I have 11 % map completion on one of my characters, the rest are 2 %. Log in only to do WvW.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

1) Reduce the number of servers to only the amount of servers that have 24/7 coverage. Any server who does not have enough 24/7 coverage is closed

Great Idea – We’ve got 4 time zones in the EU, so you want to shut down all EU servers.
Or: The EU players would be forced to play on NA servers with a ping of ~200-400. You really thought this through, right?

You would leave the few that have enough population to cover all time zones open and close the rest, then add maps to accommodate the ques during busy hours. TBH of the choices I stated above, however, I think the only way to actually solve the issues long term is remove wvw from being server based since they killed servers with the mega servers anyhow. The other option listed was to make shorter matches and allow players/ guilds to choose the server before they play. That is the only way to accommodate mutli server guilds from the mega server anyhow now. They made everything else in the game multi server except WvW, that is why people cannot even recruit from their own server anymore making wvw even more stale than it would have been otherwise.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

briggah.7910

You would leave the few that have enough population to cover all time zones open and close the rest, then add maps to accommodate the ques during busy hours. TBH of the choices I stated above, however, I think the only way to actually solve the issues long term is remove wvw from being server based since they killed servers with the mega servers anyhow. The other option listed was to make shorter matches and allow players/ guilds to choose the server before they play. That is the only way to accommodate mutli server guilds from the mega server anyhow now. They made everything else in the game multi server except WvW, that is why people cannot even recruit from their own server anymore making wvw even more stale than it would have been otherwise.

Lets close the few servers that do have full 24/7 coverage.. Its unfair to all the rest of the servers that don’t. Like my idea? If not well I don’t like yours either.

Player Vs Everyone

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Lets close the few servers that do have full 24/7 coverage.. Its unfair to all the rest of the servers that don’t. Like my idea? If not well I don’t like yours either.

Closing the other servers doesn’t solve the problem. The problem is whenever a player logs in they should have a team to play with and enemies to fight against, and be able to actually play rather than wait to play. If the game does not accomplish that, either the game is dead or broken.

In what way does your idea solve the basic problem? It isn’t about " i like muh server so kill everyone else’s", it is about every player having the same opportunity to have players to fight with and players to fight against rather than just be " coverage wars".

No Player should have to log in and have no one to play with due to the time they are able to play. Everyone should be able to come home from work ( no matter what time that is) and be able to play some wvw and have fun doing so. Instead of knocking down solutions that actually allow everyone to have people to play with for " reasons", maybe you could offer solutions that do. Having a " I get mine so screw everyone else" mindset doesn’t solve the problem for the rest of the people playing.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Jana.6831

Closing the other servers doesn’t solve the problem. The problem is whenever a player logs in they should have a team to play with and enemies to fight against, and be able to actually play rather than wait to play. If the game does not accomplish that, either the game is dead or broken.

That might be ideal for you but I like to solo roam, I like the small scale in the morning, I like the zergs during the day, I like the blobs in the evenings.

I have been once to a server I loved a lot. And they were on the verge of breaking apart and I didn’t want them to lose hope. I have been the only one who was in wvw for 6 hours. And I capped camps for 6 hours non stop. I had a blast, believe it or not – I had to be strategic because the enemies were chasing me, so I planned which camps to cap next.
I’m still really good and fast at capping camps because of the times when I tried to keep my server alive (which failed, but that’s another story).

And someone else said it: Even is boring.
And: Things are a bit different outside of NA

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

That might be ideal for you but I like to solo roam, I like the small scale in the morning, I like the zergs during the day, I like the blobs in the evenings.

I have been once to a server I loved a lot. And they were on the verge of breaking apart and I didn’t want them to lose hope. I have been the only one who was in wvw for 6 hours. And I capped camps for 6 hours non stop. I had a blast, believe it or not – I had to be strategic because the enemies were chasing me, so I planned which camps to cap next.
I’m still really good and fast at capping camps because of the times when I tried to keep my server alive (which failed, but that’s another story).

And someone else said it: Even is boring.
And: Things are a bit different outside of NA

Massively multiplayer games are for massively multiplayer combat ( GW2 is a MMORPG). IF people want to play solo , that is what Single player rpgs are for. This IS a massively multiplayer game so you should expect it to be.

Empty games = dead games. Yes, you may like dead games, but that isn’t how a company stays in business.

Different outside of NA? [Kill] Only runs PST and EU atm. We used to run Sea, but never officially ran NA. In addition during NA prime, you can still solo if you know what you are doing, I solo camps and towers all the time during NA prime even on T1, that is pretty boring as it is. If you do not have a team to play with and enemies to fight against any time you log in, the game is not functioning properly. Even =/= boring. Running around on an empty map soloing Keeps IS boring however. You can solo keeps( I did that playing against BP in the past), but what is the point? More challenge going to PVE at that point as that isn’t even entertaining.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Jana.6831

Massively multiplayer games are for massively multiplayer combat ( GW2 is a MMORPG). IF people want to play solo , that is what Single player rpgs are for. This IS a massively multiplayer game so you should expect it to be.

Empty games = dead games. Yes, you may like dead games, but that isn’t how a company stays in business.

How about you stick to your T1 server and be happy to have a 24/7 coverage while you leave the rest of us to play our wvw?
(One of the reasons I’ve never been to a gold server – they seem like tiny bubbles to me).

Edit: Oh and btw: I tried to explain to you that all EU servers (except maybe T1) don’t have a 24/7 coverage. And can’t have.