Who's going to T2 out of T3?

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

FA moved from T3 with only a 45-point differential between DB and ourselves, if I remember correctly. I expect it’s pretty much a flip of the coin if Mag drops or not. Pretty good chance that whoever has the highest glicko in T3 by the end of the week (looks to be CD) will go T2.

Cheers to CD for having the gumption to play for T2. It’s a good thing to challenge yourself to do better.

Being the new face in town also means that CD will probably get more than a few transfers from T1 post-S3 if CD can hold their own decently. If they have a good reputation after 4 weeks of T2, whether or not they win by any close margin or not, then they can expect to get at least a few guilds from T1 weary of the T1 blobs/politics. It should be a fun, challenging, and certainly educational experience for them.

Tip of my hat to you, good sirs and madams.

FA

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I love people who are self-appointed experts on our off-hours coverage.

Don’t you make a living out of doing the exact same thing about other servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Was waiting for that reply LOL…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Was waiting for that reply LOL…..

Me too!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

FA moved from T3 with only a 45-point differential between DB and ourselves, if I remember correctly. I expect it’s pretty much a flip of the coin if Mag drops or not. Pretty good chance that whoever has the highest glicko in T3 by the end of the week (looks to be CD) will go T2.

Cheers to CD for having the gumption to play for T2. It’s a good thing to challenge yourself to do better.

Being the new face in town also means that CD will probably get more than a few transfers from T1 post-S3 if CD can hold their own decently. If they have a good reputation after 4 weeks of T2, whether or not they win by any close margin or not, then they can expect to get at least a few guilds from T1 weary of the T1 blobs/politics. It should be a fun, challenging, and certainly educational experience for them.

Tip of my hat to you, good sirs and madams.

yeah, it would be good if CD could get few guilds from T1 if we ever get to T2. that would revitalize the old rivalry of CD-SoS and CD-FA.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

shrekt m8

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Drop down a tier or two and finding 20 people across all maps outside NA prime on a server is difficult (DB and CD are probably the only two).

Unless SotD left Darkhaven, DH have a solid 25+ on SEA. If the other servers didn’t had more or just as much, I really doubt DH would be rank 17, since OCX/SEA pretty much inflate a server score (which mean, pushing up on ranks).

Just because you belive that every server below T2 is a complete wasteland, doesn’t mean it really is.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

SBI has lost population again with LUN / ex-HIRE looking to go elsewhere for the season, so barring weird rolls next week I’d pick CD or DR to be the eventual server in T2.

in WvW

Posted by: Spica.9308

Spica.9308

Silver is as good and competitive as it gets. I hope none of the
servers would get stuck in that Gold hell hole. Match-ups are far
more interesting here. Either way by the looks of mag they’d just
be stomped around in silver same way SoR did… We like ours
competitive and not mindless K-train pvdooring zergwagons…

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

rekt

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Silver is as good and competitive as it gets. I hope none of the
servers would get stuck in that Gold hell hole. Match-ups are far
more interesting here. Either way by the looks of mag they’d just
be stomped around in silver same way SoR did… We like ours
competitive and not mindless K-train pvdooring zergwagons…

Servers in T3-4 right now are not fighting to their full potential. The competitive matches are merely an illusion and do not predict actual tournament performance.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Servers in T3-4 right now are not fighting to their full potential. The competitive matches are merely an illusion and do not predict actual tournament performance.

So you are telling us that 5 servers have not fought their fullest for 8 weeks straight?

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

mango.9267

So you are telling us that 5 servers have not fought their fullest for 8 weeks straight?

Honestly, that’s pretty accurate. It’s hard to gauge SBI and DB because they’ve gained and lost guilds, had people quit, had some come back, etc. CD always claims they’re on vacation and not really PPTing, throwing out some arbitrary percentage like 75%. And we know YB’s tryhard PPT siegehump mode is very different from YB in offseason mode. DR’s been steadily getting bandwagoned, so it’s hard to say where they place in these 5 servers now.

In the past 3 weeks, I believe DB, YB, and SBI have been in a tankfest. I think CD’s manning up, but whether or not they have enough Glicko to roll Gold remains to be seen.

Edit: so it turns out you can’t put a+s+s together (as in a+s+s+e+s+s), or the entire word becomes “kitten”. GG overfiltering

Second Child

(edited by mango.9267)

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Yes.

Yaks Bend, just as a example, gets a whole torrent of fair weathers who only show up for tournaments.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Honestly, that’s pretty accurate. It’s hard to gauge SBI and DB because they’ve gained and lost guilds, had people quit, had some come back, etc. CD always claims they’re on vacation and not really PPTing, throwing out some arbitrary percentage like 75%. And we know YB’s tryhard PPT siegehump mode is very different from YB in offseason mode. DR’s been steadily getting bandwagoned, so it’s hard to say where they place in these 5 servers now.

In the past 3 weeks, I believe DB, YB, and SBI have been in a tankfest. I think CD’s manning up, but whether or not they have enough Glicko to roll Gold remains to be seen.

Edit: so it turns out you can’t put a+s+s together (as in a+s+s+e+s+s), or the entire word becomes “kitten”. GG overfiltering

There are some tanking, for last 2 weeks. But definitely not 8 week. Also from what I understand, the goal is only not to get to that current #7 spot instead of tank as low as possible that some may think. I still remember a 3 way in smc a couple nights before.

in WvW

mango.9267

There are some tanking, for last 2 weeks. But definitely not 8 week. Also from what I understand, the goal is only not to get to that current #7 spot instead of tank as low as possible that some may think. I still remember a 3 way in smc a couple nights before.

I acknowledge that the tanking only started after Season 3 was announced, but a lot has changed in the past 8 weeks for the T3 servers: gaining/losing guilds and pugmanders, stale matchups, lack of effort, etc. The servers from 8 weeks ago are very different from the servers now. And the score now doesn’t really reflect their strength because of the tankfest going on.

It’s really difficult to tell who’d come out on top or how balanced the tier actually is once Seasons actually start.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

compress the servers, the glaring gaps in population in even 1 rank is terrible.

anet do something besides gem farming jeez

course if everyone would stand together and refuse to play the tournament for the month that would help also REVOLUTION!!!!!!

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

SBI has lost population again with LUN / ex-HIRE looking to go elsewhere for the season, so barring weird rolls next week I’d pick CD or DR to be the eventual server in T2.

Hire left sbi?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Yes.

Yaks Bend, just as a example, gets a whole torrent of fair weathers who only show up for tournaments.

Having fought two seasons of YB a few things became clear. One, they know how to rally their PvE populations into WvW and use them effectively. Two, they siege the hell out of everything around them. Couple those together and the YB during seasons is far more dangerous than outside of it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I expect that siege disablers are going to be incredibly popular in Silver League

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

SoS/FA/Mag
CD/YB/DR

Worst possible roll in terms of getting CD into T2.

Mag stays in gold?

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

SoS/FA/Mag
CD/YB/DR

Mag stays in gold?

Yep, if CD really did want to go to Gold this is the worst thing that could’ve happened for them. I would bet Mag stays in Gold.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Kitten you Glicko!!!!!!!

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

ANet should step in. This is wrong :/ mag is getting rolled, it’s not tanking. All our guilds are gone, and full guilds of jerks are chasing solo roamers without disgression. It’s disgusting. (Looking at you, CL and others)

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Look on the bright side Mag, for you all it will only be 4 weeks. The week after the tournament you’ll drop.

For any T3 server who moves up to Gold they’re looking at at least 8 weeks of Gold + SoS.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

SoS/FA/Mag
CD/YB/DR

Mag stays in gold?

Unless CD ppt really hard (which is unlikely since all the top 5 silver are somewhat even in this off-season) yes, Mag is golden for the next 5 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

Tell me why that sever is still in t2. How much r they gonna suffer?
-3-

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Tell me why that sever is still in t2. How much r they gonna suffer?
-3-

Well, SoR suffered 9 weeks of Season 2 when they clearly didn’t belonged there… Mag at least will only suffer for 4 weeks.

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

Thanks for the condolences guys. :/.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

RNG strikes again! Wow promoting YB and DR makes it almost impossible for CD to gain any points while leaving Mag in T2. I suppose there is still some ridiculously small chance Mag drops.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

mango.9267

Only a small 10 point gap between Mag and CD atm. If CD comes out strong and if YB continues to tank, there’s a chance Mag and CD will swap places. Of course, Mag has to actively try not to cap anything.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Only a small 10 point gap between Mag and CD atm. If CD comes out strong and if YB continues to tank, there’s a chance Mag and CD will swap places. Of course, Mag has to actively try not to cap anything.

What? We aren’t tanking. I have no idea what gave you that notion.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

mango.9267

Should check the matchup threads involving YB. A certain poster from YB has been going around embracing the tank.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Sanctum.7938

Sanctum.7938

Why RNG? Why!?

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

What I don’t understand is why the T3 servers are tanking. Are the dumb and meaningless rewards really worth this farcical tankfest?

I’d understand tanking for the previous two seasons. 7-9 weeks of getting farmed is usually bad for servers.

However, this tournament is only 4 weeks long. We’ve had stale matchups for far longer than 4 weeks. And this is 4 weeks where the current T3 servers would get a shot at fighting servers they haven’t seen in a loooong time (if ever), without the pressure of having to worry about the PPT game. If I were a diehard WvW’er on a T3 server, I’d absolutely make the push for Gold, considering how short this tournament is.

You will stay in T2 far longer than 4 weeks due to the ratings stabilizing and T3 dropping points due to being matched with T4 and T5 … Getting farmed for at least 1 month of tourney and another month of non-tourney is not something you wish to endure

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

Should check the matchup threads involving YB. A certain poster from YB has been going around embracing the tank.

Just because one person who abandoned his server said we are tanking doesn’t mean we are.

in WvW

mango.9267

Just because one person who abandoned his server said we are tanking doesn’t mean we are.

To my knowledge, he’s still on YB. But fair enough. He’s an acknowledged “special case”.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Mag is a T7-8 server now…

Anet won’t move them out of gold… gg

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Went to each map just now on Mag… crickets.

Oh and of course out manned on every map including our own and EBG.

Attachments:

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

May as well say that there’s only 5 servers in gold, which makes it just all the more lame.

Glicko really needs a good flushing after the season. Let everyone re-sort to where their active population determines is the best fit. Won’t happen, but a girl can dream.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Went to each map just now on Mag… crickets.

Oh and of course out manned on every map including our own and EBG.

They’ve decided to make love, not war.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

May as well say that there’s only 5 servers in gold, which makes it just all the more lame.

Not that someone can compete with the top 3 anyway…

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Not that someone can compete with the top 3 anyway…

SoS could of but they already lost… 8+ guilds in the past 2-3 weeks?

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

You do realize that, that person is a troll? He is the only one from YB who uses fake DK’s name and is putting a bad image of us and unfortunately we can’t control him/her/it.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Right now Mag rating is lower then the old CD rating. If CD stop losing rating, and mag keep bleeding rating like that, they might be able to still evade gold.

in WvW

mango.9267

Right now Mag rating is lower then the old CD rating. If CD stop losing rating, and mag keep bleeding rating like that, they might be able to still evade gold.

Not CD’s fault. The RNG kittened Mag by rolling DR up. Even if CD wins, they might still lose Glicko to DR.

Case in point: SBI in the T4 matchup is losing Glicko, but still moved up to the #7 slot. DR’s Glicko vortex may have doomed Mag to Gold.

Second Child

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

That’s highly unlikely considering we and DR both are beating them.

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

In the past few weeks these guilds have left SoS.
The Praetorians PRAE
Fugitives Creed FUG
Epic Kills EPiC
Carebear Unit CB
Night Shift NS

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghostly Demise.5786

Ghostly Demise.5786

In the past few weeks these guilds have left SoS.
The Praetorians PRAE
Fugitives Creed FUG
Epic Kills EPiC
Carebear Unit CB
Night Shift NS

And the only ones who raided were NS and EPIC. The rest were never raiding, just PvE (yes I’m counting ocx times aswell). Sure SoS lost a little bit of NA Primetime power the past week but we got new Chinese guilds that make the ocx even stronger. FA are growing and Mag is holding out a little better each week. We’ll have to see what Glicko does I guess.

(edited by Ghostly Demise.5786)