Who will be the victors in T1?

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

1) Blackgate ??
2) Jade Quarry
3) SoR or TC ??

Currently, BG is 1st and JQ, SoR, and TC are all 2nd at the same time.
http://mos.millenium.org/na/

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

A better question would be, who cares?

in WvW

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Vabbi

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

probably BG unless nr.2 servers follow BG example and buy more guilds

what could happen also (but unrealistic) is that servers fighting BG would team up just to keep BG points down, but considering those 2 servers are also competing each other, it won’t happen probably

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

BG no contest. They can easily beat SoR and JQ 1 on 1 and they are STILL buying more guilds.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

AGreed. BG now as well. Few guilds left JQ and SoR as well and with BG attaining more it will be easy for them.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

The l….a…..g and the queueueueueueueueueue…

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

The way it looks right now, it’ll come down to week 7 and JQ and BG will be fighting for the title.

I have no illusions that SoR and JQ will make it extremely difficult for us to win. We saw how many people you were running in your late OCE/early SEA tonight SoR. You can definitely field the numbers. Haven’t played against JQ without SoR since the week before Leagues, when a lot of BG were resting. Hard to say how we’ll stack up against JQ.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Week 5 is the deciding week.

If BG wins, they clinch the league. There’s no way for them to not win the league at that point.
If JQ wins, it will come down to week 7 and SoR will play kingmaker. JQ will win the league in this scenario.

Edit: It’s quite funny that Sea of Sorrows actually gets to decide the winner of the league. If they choose to focus BG or JQ solely in week 5, the other server will almost certainly win the league.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Peetee.9406)

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

BG will rise up and win even though they are under manned compared to JQ and SoR and even had Anet rigging the schedule against them.

Even though their match history shows that out of the last 14 fights where they went up against SoR with a server other than JQ they won 13. But BG still posted that SoR wasn’t gonna be easy weeks for them.

And then they made that post on when they buy guilds its ok to justify stacking against SoR who they already won 13 out of the last 14 matches.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

BG will rise up and win even though they are under manned compared to JQ and SoR and even had Anet rigging the schedule against them.

Even though their match history shows that out of the last 14 fights where they went up against SoR with a server other than JQ they won 13. But BG still posted that SoR wasn’t gonna be easy weeks for them.

And then they made that post on when they buy guilds its ok to justify stacking against SoR who they already won 13 out of the last 14 matches.

What’s your solution to our server’s status? Should we auction out our guilds that we bought?

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Banzie.5248

What’s your solution to our server’s status? Should we auction out our guilds that we bought?

Ill take them, 1g for each guild. Lets start it there.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Edit: It’s quite funny that Sea of Sorrows actually gets to decide the winner of the league. If they choose to focus BG or JQ solely in week 5, the other server will almost certainly win the league.

Each guild on SoS is completely autonomous and everyone is welcome to attack whoever they wish; but it’s the general consensus on Sea of Sorrows that we do NOT want to be the deciding factor on who wins the Gold League and plan on playing that match 100% straight.
It wouldn’t be worth the 1000 years of hate that we’d get if we focused on JQ, and we have former servermates and friends on both servers.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Will you also compensate transfer fees?

This KeeZee is hilarious, I love reading his posts XD. Brings me a smile every time.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Other than those who are on one of the three Tier 1 servers, who exactly cares? Las Vegas? =.=

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The questions:

1. Who can buy more guilds, BG or JQ?
2. Where did SoR go?

and the most important:
3. Does anyone outside of those 3 servers really care who wins?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Blackgate should win this. We won the first round (SoR vs. BG vs. JQ) and then demolished SoR twice in two weeks, by wide margins. We’re sufficiently stacked to have full queues on all four maps most of the time. Without some guild transfers, the only competitor is JQ, and JQ finished last in the first week. It’s difficult to see us losing.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Blackgate should win this. We won the first round (SoR vs. BG vs. JQ) and then demolished SoR twice in two weeks, by wide margins. We’re sufficiently stacked to have full queues on all four maps most of the time. Without some guild transfers, the only competitor is JQ, and JQ finished last in the first week. It’s difficult to see us losing.

While I’m confident we are going to win next week and beat JQ. I wouldn’t go as far as to rule them out. Both servers have quite a lot of motivation to beat us, SoR (maybe) to make sure we don’t win leagues and JQ because if we win the next 2 its over. Both SoR and JQ have decisively beat us, they can do it again if we (BG) get over confident.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Haha really? “sufficiently stacked”, well now I have heard it all

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Maguuma already declared victory but 2nd place is still open for discussion.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Reverence.6915

So… We BG really need to beat SoR here to have a shot at winning leagues… What would it take for you to double team them with us?

My current offer stands at an empty chips packet and some mints I found in the back of the sofa.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The questions:

2. Where did SoR go?

SoR plays map politics well, hence the reason they are able to hang in a 3 server match. In a 2 server match, there are no map politics and BG just whips our kitten . Our militia is demoralized, we’re struggling to queue 1 map during off hours, they’re queuing all four.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Will you also compensate transfer fees?

This KeeZee is hilarious, I love reading his posts XD. Brings me a smile every time.

Sorry no xfer fees 1g or each guild and the promise of awesomeness down here at the bottom of silver. Outmanned all the time out of NA prime so get your wxp and exp boosts before we fill up! Yep that’s all I got ATM blew 300+g to make my mains look sexy. So slightly short right now.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Zikory.6871

The questions:

2. Where did SoR go?

SoR plays map politics well, hence the reason they are able to hang in a 3 server match. In a 2 server match, there are no map politics and BG just whips our kitten . Our militia is demoralized, we’re struggling to queue 1 map during off hours, they’re queuing all four.

I completely agree, I don’t think its a problem with SoR, its a problem with leagues. SoR is a great server and winning PPT was never there thing. Before seasons, if you look at the matches (not the scores, the game play) SoR would be out there fighting and even if they are losing, it didn’t matter. Now that there is a incentive to win, that mentality is hard to continue for the militia.

While leagues is a cool idea, I think it has had a very negative effect on our tier and the community we built as rivals.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

BG is undermanned?

hahahahahahahhabahahabahaha

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

1) Blackgate ??
2) Jade Quarry
3) SoR or TC ??

Currently, BG is 1st and JQ, SoR, and TC are all 2nd at the same time.
http://mos.millenium.org/na/

No one truly cares….

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Chris.3290

While I’m confident we are going to win next week and beat JQ. I wouldn’t go as far as to rule them out. Both servers have quite a lot of motivation to beat us, SoR (maybe) to make sure we don’t win leagues and JQ because if we win the next 2 its over. Both SoR and JQ have decisively beat us, they can do it again if we (BG) get over confident.

wind on down there Speedy, you have a Maguuma and SoR yawnfest before you get JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

The questions:

2. Where did SoR go?

I completely agree, I don’t think its a problem with SoR, its a problem with leagues. SoR is a great server and winning PPT was never there thing. Before seasons, if you look at the matches (not the scores, the game play) SoR would be out there fighting and even if they are losing, it didn’t matter. Now that there is a incentive to win, that mentality is hard to continue for the militia.

While leagues is a cool idea, I think it has had a very negative effect on our tier and the community we built as rivals.

Well looking at score perspective. SoR does well from late EU to SEA time. Scores are quite close. Oceanic time may flip more towards BG but overall I think it still is quite close. However, now throw the new guild ZD that BG recruited. They play in a time zone from late SEA to early EU where the is not competition. They are able to flip about everything and T3 it. Unfortunetly no server will be able to win against that.
This causes people just to play when they not put in that extra effort because they know that it will have no effect in the outcome. They just play stress free and have fun and then log off at normal times.
Stacking servers to win, and I mean from all the T1 servers, hurts the game more than helps it. It lessens the people playing it and will cause WvW to die a slow death. Anet will probably not do anything about it, so it is up the players to balance it out. However I do not think that will happen either because people seem to want blow out wins. To me the best match ever was the first weeks in league were it came right to the end.

in WvW

Chris.3290

So… We BG really need to beat SoR here to have a shot at winning leagues… What would it take for you to double team them with us?

My current offer stands at an empty chips packet and some mints I found in the back of the sofa.

Point out to them that a complete demoralization of SoR will decrease their zerg sizes to the point that a few of them might even start roaming. That will get them excited.

in WvW

Chris.3290

Actually there is an interesting point to be had here. TC will have 2 weeks of winning #1 and only one week as number 3.
If SoR comes in last in week 7; TC might take 3rd.

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

The questions:

2. Where did SoR go?

Great post, couldn’t agree anymore

in WvW

Zikory.6871

The questions:

2. Where did SoR go?

Well looking at score perspective. SoR does well from late EU to SEA time. Scores are quite close. Oceanic time may flip more towards BG but overall I think it still is quite close. However, now throw the new guild ZD that BG recruited. They play in a time zone from late SEA to early EU where the is not competition. They are able to flip about everything and T3 it. Unfortunetly no server will be able to win against that.
This causes people just to play when they not put in that extra effort because they know that it will have no effect in the outcome. They just play stress free and have fun and then log off at normal times.
Stacking servers to win, and I mean from all the T1 servers, hurts the game more than helps it. It lessens the people playing it and will cause WvW to die a slow death. Anet will probably not do anything about it, so it is up the players to balance it out. However I do not think that will happen either because people seem to want blow out wins. To me the best match ever was the first weeks in league were it came right to the end.

The thing about the scores is that if BG is winning mid week SoR “seems” to give up. That’s not truly the case before seasons, they would stop playing PPT as hard and just fight. While the scores showed other wise, the matches were still very competitive.

As for stacking, the huge “arms race” didn’t start till leagues were announced. JQ/SoR/BG were all recruiting to fill coverage gaps that we all had but it was for more 24 hour competition. Once winning had a reward over stacking happened and there was a huge flux in guilds. Just so happens that BG came out ahead (so far). While I want to win and get my finisher, do I think its good for our tier? no I don’t.

Out side of the lag of week 1, I agree that was intense! I hope week 7 tops it! I look forward to what ever happens that week.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Zikory.6871

wind on down there Speedy, you have a Maguuma and SoR yawnfest before you get JQ.

I’m not sure why you think I’m overlooking next week. I say it every week, BG needs to stay focused, these past weeks of fighting SoR can not reflect how the match is going to go next week. I truly believe SoR is a lot stronger than this, I would never rule them out as competition.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

Well, at the moment week 5 is the deciding factor for the gold league.
If BG beat JQ in week 5, then going into week 7,
BG will have 30 points
JQ will have 24 points
SoR will have 20 points
So BG wins regardless, and the fight will be between JQ and SoR for 2nd and 3rd.
BG could take the final match up off and still win.
SoR would have to get 1st and JQ 3rd for SoR to get in 2nd.

If JQ manages to beat BG in week , then going into week 7
BG will have 28 points
JQ will have 26 points
SoR will have 20 points
SoR have no chance of winning first, however if they helped get BG to 2nd, and JQ to first, then BG and JQ would tie, SoR could get 2nd and then whoever else (Prob TC) could get 3rd. That is assuming Anet doesnt pull a fast one and does a rematch or some arbitrary coin flip to see who actually won.
SoR could also help force JQ to 3rd againg handing BG and already easy victory.
Or if they are feeling really generous try to help JQ force BG to third and hand JQ a win.
But for SoR, if it comes down to it, the first option I mentioned would be in SoR’s best interest. As SoR could get 2nd where they couldnt before. And prob easier to manage.

(edited by thefreezingvoid.8516)

in WvW

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

It does seem SoR was completely demoralized this week. However, I have been playing as a NA player during EU/ SEA times mostly this week, SONG and a few other guilds have really had a strong showing. SoR still has the numbers during these times to keep their PPT equal and sometimes even surpass us. I think SoR just needs to have a server meeting and really try again. They can do it.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Chances are TC will tie for 3rd with either JQ or SoR and end up with 21 pts by the end of the season. Losing only to the t1 servers due to lack of SEA coverage and to few wvw focused guilds to compete with t1.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Seriously, you shouldn’t care about who win cuz WvW is a joke in terms of fair fight.

What you really should care is what you’d get from that crappy chest after the season.
(Let me guess, 2 blues and 1 green?)

in WvW

Chris.3290

Seriously, you shouldn’t care about who win cuz WvW is a joke in terms of fair fight.

What you really should care is what you’d get from that crappy chest after the season.

The league winner is supposed to get a unique finisher. I personally think it should be a bunch of blocks stacked on top of each other.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

As for stacking, the huge “arms race” didn’t start till leagues were announced. JQ/SoR/BG were all recruiting to fill coverage gaps that we all had but it was for more 24 hour competition. Once winning had a reward over stacking happened

And the stupiod thing is the reward will seemingly be a stupid special finisher. There won;t be any prestige associated with it because whoever wins will do so because of coverage and thats across all tiers not just the gold league.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Why should we care about the loot we get at the end of the season? The rewards are just extra considering I would have done the meta any way, season or no season. (Well maybe not the JP’s but they are easy and a non issue)

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Why should we care about the loot we get at the end of the season? The rewards are just extra considering I would have done the meta any way, season or no season. (Well maybe not the JP’s but they are easy and a non issue)

If people actually don’t care about that crappy chest, there would not be so many snobbish guilds who transfer to the strongest server right before the season begins.

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Despite ANet’s poor S1 design, the burn out issue for SoR./BG in relation to JQ has turned out to be a non-issue.

I personally think it’ll come down to W7, as the last time JQ faced BG it was a blowout. The affect of JQ buying MERC from BG was clearly evident in the PPT. While I don’t know if the influx of PvEers, ZDs, or what has gone on in Leagues so far will change the outcome, I do know that BG couldn’t compete.

That’s the most recent data point we have, and it points to JQ winning W5 and setting up a fascinating W7.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Despite ANet’s poor S1 design, the burn out issue for SoR./BG in relation to JQ has turned out to be a non-issue.

I personally think it’ll come down to W7, as the last time JQ faced BG it was a blowout. The affect of JQ buying MERC from BG was clearly evident in the PPT. While I don’t know if the influx of PvEers, ZDs, or what has gone on in Leagues so far will change the outcome, I do know that BG couldn’t compete.

That’s the most recent data point we have, and it points to JQ winning W5 and setting up a fascinating W7.

At the moment BG is fully queued on all four maps almost all the time, 24 hours. With such a population BG cannot lose by a wide margin, unless double-teamed.

I’ll grant that in the first week of the league SoR and JQ both fielded zergs on all four maps as well, so they’re capable of competing, but considering BG still squeezed out a win – and BG have only gotten stronger after that first week – I don’t see any reason it won’t happen again. The only way BG don’t win is if it gets 2v1’ed.

(edited by Jeydra.4386)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

At the moment BG is fully queued on all four maps almost all the time, 24 hours. With such a population BG cannot lose by a wide margin, unless double-teamed.

I’ll grant that in the first week of the league SoR and JQ both fielded zergs on all four maps as well, so they’re capable of competing, but considering BG still squeezed out a win – and BG have only gotten stronger after that first week – I don’t see any reason it won’t happen again. The only way BG don’t win is if it gets 2v1’ed.

Well the 5th week will decide whether JQ still has a chance. The last time BG and JQ fought, BG got stomped. JQ is still stronger during oceanic-sea and I doubt they would give up like SoR. BG got ZDs but JQ got a euro guild recently as well.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

BG isn’t queue’d 24/7, by any means. Heck, BGBL queued way too late despite the fact that SoR was already fielding a map blob. (Impressively just 3 massive guilds).

The fact that SoR can match us during OCX/SEA means that JQ will absolutely dominate us in that time zone.

For my money, the only way BG will win is if they can hold onto the lead from ZD’s time zone all the way to NA PST. Last PST / “Hawaiian time”, as SoR/JQ liked to call it before, all the way to SEA, will be JQ’s playground.

Should be said now, though. Both servers have the manpower to queue at least 3 maps 24/7. (Organized guilds and commanders is another thing).

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The fact that SoR can match us during OCX/SEA means that JQ will absolutely dominate us in that time zone.

We were ticking under you in terms of PPT last night OCX time despite having reasonable numbers so I’d hardly call it matching BG.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: capnkewl.5019

capnkewl.5019

Why are people moving in the middle of seasons? You get whatever prize for the server you were on the first day of seasons. GG.

in WvW

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Why are people moving in the middle of seasons? You get whatever prize for the server you were on the first day of seasons. GG.

Because queues are horrendous and this League may have brought out the worst out of servers?

Not everything is related to rewards, sheesh.

in WvW

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

Lol its funny to even see SOR and JQ posters in this thread, the rest of you I can understand your opinion and respect it. But especially from the JQ and SOR people, you do realize the 2 weeks prior to seasons both of your servers obliterated us and had very open conversations in the match threads about how BG had zero chance of taking anything more than 3rd in leagues.

And now were over stacked and poised to take T1 championship….. lol yall make me laugh. My opinion is as such: BG may be threatening to take 1st but right now JQ is a massive force to take on in week 5 and we still have to get past SOR this next week. So I would say in an all honest opinion, that its a toss up between JQ and BG to the end.

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Lol its funny to even see SOR and JQ posters in this thread, the rest of you I can understand your opinion and respect it. But especially from the JQ and SOR people, you do realize the 2 weeks prior to seasons both of your servers obliterated us and had very open conversations in the match threads about how BG had zero chance of taking anything more than 3rd in leagues.

And now were over stacked and poised to take T1 championship….. lol yall make me laugh. My opinion is as such: BG may be threatening to take 1st but right now JQ is a massive force to take on in week 5 and we still have to get past SOR this next week. So I would say in an all honest opinion, that its a toss up between JQ and BG to the end.

The 2 weeks where SoR and BG decided to do a no show and rest up for leagues?
Lets also not forget that BG had beat SoR 13 out of their 14 matches with SoR and also has a winning record vs JQ.

Sorry but BG is favored to win this.