Whole server Transfer

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

After trying to keep our server alive ever since HoT came out we have finally reached our limit. We are looking to transfer our whole server. We dont want to leave anyone behind. The community is still important to us & we dont want to leave any of our friends & nor should we have to. This games backbone should revolve around playing with your friends. One by one the people we have shared the glory of murdering hordes of enemys with have left us, spread out across the WvW worlds never to fight beside again. WvW is not fun anymore & i feel that by the time this population imbalance is fixed there will be noone left. I highly doubt its going to happen in the april update cause weve barely hered anything about it. No rewards or anything else is going to bring people back. We have never played this game mode for rewards, our reward was glory. So i propose to drop the last 2 tiers maybe even 3. There are not enough players to fill 8 tiers anymore & as the game gets older it will only get worse. Every tier should have a high population and lets be real….tier 7 & 8 arent medium population they are low population servers. K/D = action. T1 through 5 average over 30000/30000 , T6 15000, T7 & T8 combined 6000. That is beyond pitiful. Server pride is meaningless now. You need a server for that. We are willing to drop all the hard work we have done for this server just to have fun again, cause in the end its all meaningless if your not having fun. So drop at least two tiers and make it free transfers for everyone so we can have population balance, rejoin old friends & play with who we want to. Who else in the low servers is willing to agree with that & if not, then why not?

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

sorry, if it can be done, it is already done. obviously, the programming to do so did not exist and making it will further delay the wvw overhaul.

many people are simply betting on that wvw overhaul, if it isnt satisfactory, goodbye wvw. it can be considered the last straw for many.

furthermore, a lot of things were already suggested or warned by players at least 2 years ago but either promptly ignored or players at that time do not agree with it as they don’t see the consequences of it until 2 years later.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

I’m not in the low servers but I agree totally with your post.

The first problem is that the populations of three worlds would have to be moved out, not one.

Beyond that is getting another world where everyone will fit without unbalancing the table. This would sort itself out as combined servers climbed to match their new level. Unless removed it would also leave a ‘ghost worlds’ at the bottom.

It would be nice to know the average number of players stats of each of the WvW servers.

SkyShroud, it seems that during the recent AMA it was mentioned that the big overhaul isn’t going to happen. The big update was delayed, became a bigger update, then delayed again. Then they realized they should stop digging the big hole they were in.

Instead they are going to put in improvements they have, when they are ready. Check the report on dulfy about the AMA if you are interested or read it on reddit.

(edited by Serious.7083)

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Knob while I appreciate your efforts for IoJ – and you really have put a lot of work into our WvW – I’m a little surprised to see us listed here as wanting to transfer the “whole server” to somewhere else: I didn’t know. This may be because I would have to be classed as a casual WvW player because I can’t commit time as often as I want to. However, I respond to call outs when I’m on and I support and follow tags when there is one. I command at times. I’m one of those players who you see around who joins in rather than running past, and scouts, and defends, and starts the siege to take stuff before calling the breach to the players I know are on so they can pass round word…

So does your “whole server” include me then?

There is an alternative while we wait to see what the development team decide to do about population imbalance, and this wouldn’t mean giving up our server, and it would increase the population we played with. Have a look.

At the moment, given the choice, I’ll stay with IoJ because we’ve faced worse and I don’t want to give up.

Whatever happens, many thanks for your efforts and good luck wherever you end up.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I honestly believe WvW has broken down too far so even transfering whole servers, combining, merging etc has no real effect anymore. Even the tier 1 servers are getting empty.

Within last month I recorded number of kills per server on Friday same time and it has gone down by 50% already for both EU and NA servers. Thats just last 4 weeks.

There are few exceptions. In EU 24 servers are losing kills, mostly around 50%, yet 3 servers are doing same amount of kills as month ago (Seafarer’s Rest, Arborstone, Blacktide).

But this is WvW. If you got nobody to fight against, you wont be logging in anymore. And then your enemy has nobody to fight so they stop playing. And it just keeps falling apart. I think correct time to merge servers was 6 months ago, before HoT was released. But now… its not going to help.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

They really need to open this up and just let people move around.

Who are we kidding at this point.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Oh noz, IoJ, my first and favourite server! (That’s genuine, btw).

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Knob.6835

The point is less worlds to bring higher population to the remaining & free transfers for a period of time to give the worlds a chance to reconfigure.. Yes it would be a little unbalanced for a couple weeks. But that’s already what we have. People should not have to pay gold/ cash to have fun again because of anets mistakes. Really anyone who has transferred since HoT came out should get a refund imo. On top of us transferring, when we transfer there will basically be no one left & I will be sticking around to help get more people out. But more to come on that later.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: greyseer.1806

greyseer.1806

I love IOJ, and said I would stay as long as we had people to follow me when I tagged up. And while all 5 of the IOJ people left still follow when I tag up, I’m totally willing to Transfer servers at this point. Funny before i came and read this post i changed my guild MOTD to who is willing to Transfer? The question is what server do we bring our our remaining people to?

-Xhondoh

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Jana – don’t worry, as long as there is an IoJ I will do what I can to keep a candle in the window so lost souls can find their way home.

I understand about the population problems but I’m also aware that they have been caused by transfers in the first place. What we need is more players not compaction of those left.
I started from the original beta of GW2 on IoJ and I’m still here. I’ve seen friends transfer to other servers and many return. A few have stayed on their new servers but still speak fondly of their time here. In the mean time I’m happy to welcome anyone who transfers down to join or rejoin us

For some of us left in Bronze tier the idea of massive zergs clashing is just not what we want. I do worry that just as small guilds suffered at the hands of HoT, the solutions to population imbalance will herald an end for players who enjoy small group action. I sincerely hope I’m wrong!

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

I’d vote yes , the bottom 3 servers get merged to keep it going and we mince the middle tiers. Its only the hard core left -but we don’t have the numbers….
as for server pride its all good we’ve had so many battles is sad when our opponents show up and there’s only a handful

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Only thing that would be possible to do is to close servers that have to little population and offer free transfer to server of your like. It is not the best way, but the only way.

I also understand that you want to move your whole server, i do how ever believe that not many servers would be interested in taking in a whole server (well depending on numbers ofc) in since every server you move to have their own community and you would have to join that.

I never understood why we still have so many servers when those in the bottom are undermanned and the wvw you know about have nothing to do with the wvw we have in the top tiers. In EU you have populated servers up to rank 14, and some even above that.

Anyway, pick a server, make the move and hope that you will get as many to move there as possible. You will meet something totally different and hopefully this will make your game more fun

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I never understood why we still have so many servers when those in the bottom are undermanned and the wvw you know about have nothing to do with the wvw we have in the top tiers. In EU you have populated servers up to rank 14, and some even above that.

That’s only half of the truth – On EU there’s a real prime time and the rest of the day it’s mostly roamers and night cappers. So most servers are able to blob in the evenings, no matter the rank, and most servers are deserted at night. (I have been from bronze to gold on EU and solo capped towers throughout as i was alone – on EB). Coverage still is a problem but the biggest problem are in fact night cappers on EU. I know that the problems on NA are differently and I hope anet knows that as well.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

“I also understand that you want to move your whole server, i do how ever believe that not many servers would be interested in taking in a whole server”

I think we’d go for it in EU not only do we have alot in common with our neighbours , but be nice for some different opponents. We’re thick as thieves in UW(bottom -3) but its not like we are losing the people on our server quite the opposite. odds on anet offering this, slim to none.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Knob.6835

“i do how ever believe that not many servers would be interested in taking in a whole server” Leaa. I dont think you fully understand how little people are left. We can pull off a mini zerg of around 20 (30 friday & saterday i might even be exaggerating) rather skilled players during prime time & we have an OCX of around 7 (which are mainly drunken NA-ers). Other than that we have nothing. I logged on the other morning & didnt see a single player on our team for over 2 hours. I dont think we’d be a burden on any server but we would give a nice boost. On the other hand if we are on a server with a decent population more players would probably come to play.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Piggy Malone.9501

Piggy Malone.9501

Colarov here from IOJ – I’ve stuck it out for as long as I first downloaded the game. WvW is my main reason for playing and I haven’t enjoyed it for some time. I have another account now and even play in T1 when able, but it isn’t the same. If you guys go then I will follow.

Colarov – FFS – IOJ

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I used to hate IOJ. I mean almost irrational hatred. Then they got stuck in the NSP-IOJ-whatever blob server we happened to roll. It was terrible. There was no way for NSP and IOJ to even compete with whoever was on the rotation down that week. But IOJ and NSP kept fighting. That’s when I finally felt some respect for my enemies on IOJ and I was saddened to hear when it started imploding about the time our match ups evened out a bit. My enemies on IOJ will always have a place in my cold dark heart.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I still think IOJ has the best community out of any server I have played on and it was a shame that the game mode being as broken as it is is forcing their great community to have to separate to be able to play WvW. I am certain any server you decide on will be lucky to have you. I would tell you to join many of the IOJ refugees on JQ, but I am afraid not many have been playing on JQ as well at the moment due to the current state of the game being what most consider unplayable so am not sure if that would offer you the quality of game play you deserve.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Knob.6835

I used to hate IOJ. I mean almost irrational hatred. Then they got stuck in the NSP-IOJ-whatever blob server we happened to roll. It was terrible. There was no way for NSP and IOJ to even compete with whoever was on the rotation down that week. But IOJ and NSP kept fighting. That’s when I finally felt some respect for my enemies on IOJ and I was saddened to hear when it started imploding about the time our match ups evened out a bit. My enemies on IOJ will always have a place in my cold dark heart.

haha thanks man that means a lot to us.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Knob.6835

After talking to a lot of the guild leaders tonight. Its looking like a good bulk of our players are lookin to stick together. The big thing determining what to do is the lack of responce from anet for what this april quarterly update is going to entail. There is hope that maybe a population imbalance change might happen but really we alll highly doubt it. Noone wants to have to pay actual money to have fun because of Anets mistakes. We are giving money to the same people that have caused this.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Knob.6835

Also as far as servers go….we are looking to determine a server by next week. We all want the ability to grow. We are use to being under dogs, going against the odds & we want to contribute. So t6-8 are dead…..T1 & 2 are well esablished + much more gold. We need a decent NA presence (not great) & a decent OCX presence. What would really be great was if we picked a T5 server & had all you former IOJers come join us & work our way to the top, but thats my opinion :-).

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Do you know? There was one time some crazy people on Fort Aspenwood had the idea to raise funds to all xfer off because of a lack of OCX coverage, but then it was pointed out that if we could raise that amount of gold, we could instead pay for people to come. So they decided to offer to pay for the transfers of “all of the IOJ WvW community (up to 500 players)” and only IOJ. IOJ was picked because of the shared history between the two servers: there was first a mass transfer from IOJ to FA lead by Kylia of AVTR when IOJ dropped out of T1 before the end of free transfers early in this game. Many months later more guilds from IOJ went to FA. This resulted in both servers ending up with a similar server culture. Some of the past and current leaders on FA are originally from IOJ, including my own guild leader in TLC. IOJ was also the first server I had ever xferred to.

I was asked to help argue for that crazy plan though I felt it was somewhat arrogant. We wanted to include the militia too out of respect for the IOJ community. We were pretty crazy and only managed to raise about half the amount of gold we would have needed to pull it off. Ultimately the offer was turned down then a month later individual IOJ guilds ended up transferring to FA anyway.

Do with this information what you wish. I simply find this thread about “buying a whole server” rather ironic given my experience so that’s why I am posting this. It is your choice what you ultimately decide. GLHF!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

Good luck. Hope a developer reads your thread.

Also, not sure if you want to wait, but ArenaNet claims that they have an “overhaul” in the works for some time now that is SUPPOSEDLY going to fix problems like this.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Clemy.8290

Clemy.8290

So t6-8 are dead……

That’s news to me that T6 is dead. FC are quite enjoying T6 so can we not go labeling tiers as ‘dead’ if they aren’t please. Just because there isn’t a 30 man zerg 24/7 doesn’t mean a server is dead. A good number of people in the lower tiers actually like the smaller fights for one reason or another so to label a server/ tier as dead is incredibly misleading, if not wrong.

As a side note, forcing players to move servers by ‘merging’ when there already is a system for them to move should they wish seems like a very bad idea. Many people in the tiers that have been labeled ‘dead’ would much rather stay on the server they are on and with the community they have become a part of, rather than being told they have to merge with another server just because the higher tier players don’t have enough people to zerg with. If we wanted to move, we would have already.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Noyalty.7849

Noyalty.7849

The big thing determining what to do is the lack of responce from anet for what this april quarterly update is going to entail. There is hope that maybe a population imbalance change might happen but really we alll highly doubt it. Noone wants to have to pay actual money to have fun because of Anets mistakes. We are giving money to the same people that have caused this.

I completely agree but since ANET can’t seem to figure population out I think its time everyone in tiers 6, 7 and 8 should all jump up leave those tiers for dead. Transfer full communities if you wish (server names mean nothing its the community that makes it) but if ANET won’t merge lets just do it ourselves. Raise gold instead of money for transfers so ANET doesn’t see their failure as a cash influx. Leaving 3 tiers abandoned would make a very loud statement.

Venator Phalanx [VP]
Vasher Gore

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

no please, history has shown that people that went to t1 just complained after every loss when they were on lower tiers. The pve mindset is prevalent in this game, most of the strategists are gone, players need to be hand held till things get back in order.

it’s like bowling, first you need to teach the players to not throw the bowling balls at each other before you start organizing a competition.

a ton of unlearning needs to be done from years of really bad rules.

I may be in a lower tier wvw server, but it’s stress free and you always find a great fight without anyone complaining and there’s always a friendly player to chat with. No white knights or elitists….it’s really nice. I don’t mind giving up a few wins for the sake of good company.

having fun with nice people in a great game is my idea of a win, scoring big is just icing on that cake.

John lennon was singing about my server in “Imagine”

in all fairness, most of the lower tiers are the same – we have many exciting fights down here with people that are more concerned with having a great fight than winning the match – it’s not as bad as you think, – the strategy is different, but it’s just as intense having to go 3 v 1 to get back to your group for a balanced skirmish. winning is subjective. – no ques either, except maybe on reset!

this DOESN’T mean we don’t want to win, it just means we already won and having a fair chance at the top score would just be more fun. – something more to celebrate, break out the quaggan wine!!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Roadbull.3457

Roadbull.3457

As someone who was part of a “whole server goes together” thing before. I wouldn’t recommend it. You’ll do it believing that you’ll all stick together and it will be great! The reality is that you all log in and play out of loyalty to one another. You know that you’re important and needed. Which is why you try so hard and support your friends. Those bonds took a long time to form.

Once you all leave to your new home you’ll find some guilds from your community do well while others will struggle and lose interest. It will become harder to maintain that feeling of community as people you knew form new relationships and grow farther apart as they merge into this new community creating something similar to what you had but undeniably different.

Will you and your friends be judged as a welcome addition or dead weight taking up a queue spot? Will the server leaders have YOUR community’s best interests in mind when discussing ideas and planning?

Not to mention the huge ripple effect caused throughout the tiers by such a large movement of players. What will happen in T7 and 8? What will happen in your new tier? Will you start a bandwagon? Will you overstack your new home? What reactions so happen in response?

Just….be very cautious. It may not turn out entirely as you think. ETs exodus wasn’t really planned…it…just happened due to frustrations that took a long time to finally come to a head.

Though while our new home was very welcoming and I harbor no ill feelings at all toward them, the fact remains…I saw our community fragment completely and turn into something totally foreign. We were all together…..but not really. I eventually went back to ET but the fact remains that what was done can never be undone. What once was…will likely never ever be again.

If you go this route. Do so with great great caution.

Crystal Desert (RIP ET) – FoC Guild Leader

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

At this point I would wait to see what the overhaul is rather than resort to such drastic action. What I would also do is send an email to Gaile Gray as she seems to be collecting info and presenting it to the Devs and Gaile is always a sympathetic ear.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I fought for server transfer fees because I thought they would be high enough to make people think twice before moving. It didn’t work. The experiment was a failure.

Maybe they should have been more expensive, maybe transfers should not have been an option in the first place.

I think it’s time to just drop the fees entirely now. I think we’ve got to a stage where nearly all of the people who want to go to the top servers have already done so.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Ricky.4706

the problem with free transfers is, when it was done, trolls abused it – the fact is some people have fun ruining other peoples game. like not so long ago, some guy put a fun box and merchant in every exalted chest in the tarir event trying to mess everyone up, it failed because you still got the chest – but it was amazing to see one guy or group go to that extreme to mess everyone up.

This is why we need rules, not for the majority, but for the minority of people that like imposing on everyone else. Most people can be fair and fun, all you need is 1 person that has a different idea of what fun is to change the majority play style out of pure survival.

the game is in it’s current state because people have different ideas of what fun is. What we need is a way to keep like minded players together and let the trolls give each other wedgies till their hearts content. don’t judge em, just keep them away.

long ago, some games had an in game prison, some players actually liked it there lol.

anet can probably set up a prison where inmates have to fight an area like tangled depths without armor with only a chicken bone as a weapon. I can promise you some players will come on the forum and brag about being locked up.

break the rules, you get sent to the land of pocket raptors with only a chicken bone as a weapon.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

It’s beyond time for a server merge. I get the idea that announcing server merges sheds a bad light on a company, BUT so does bad gameplay. Bad gameplay is something that is impossible to overcome, server merge is not.

Knock it down from 8 tiers to 4, or even three, and you will see activity on par with game launch.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Ricky.4706

great, so we can have the forum flooded with long que complaints, sever balancing goes beyond just moving people around imo. There’s a whole logistic issue going on here.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

I would think this is a pretty drastic move on the part of the IOJ community but to be honest if the entire wvw community of a server left it would send a clear message to Anet. Just use good sense about where you all transfer, servers with off-hour coverage already have large poulations because of that and with everyone stacking in EB the ques could be brutal. I hope you guys find a good, stable place to go. Stay strong IOJ

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

(edited by Truearrow.3527)

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Piggy Malone.9501

Piggy Malone.9501

I’ve gone just now. Went to Mag where there are some old timers. Feel free to join. Too depressing to stay and time to have fun again

Colarov – FFS – IOJ

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Knob.6835

So t6-8 are dead……

That’s news to me that T6 is dead. FC are quite enjoying T6 so can we not go labeling tiers as ‘dead’ if they aren’t please. Just because there isn’t a 30 man zerg 24/7 doesn’t mean a server is dead. A good number of people in the lower tiers actually like the smaller fights for one reason or another so to label a server/ tier as dead is incredibly misleading, if not wrong.

As a side note, forcing players to move servers by ‘merging’ when there already is a system for them to move should they wish seems like a very bad idea. Many people in the tiers that have been labeled ‘dead’ would much rather stay on the server they are on and with the community they have become a part of, rather than being told they have to merge with another server just because the higher tier players don’t have enough people to zerg with. If we wanted to move, we would have already.

Thats actually a mistake….it should say t7 &8 ….T6 looks like its in a pretty heated battle between 4 pretty evenly matched servers. All though you all have giant holes in your coverage. But thats most servers. I actually enjoy being in the lower tiers with smaller fights and good lopsided battles & even capping empty Bls sometimes but i dont like it every day. At all times. Our server has passed its breaking point & i hope T6 continues to grow & we dont lose another 3 worlds.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They’re going to megaserver WvW. Don’t waste your money transferring.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

if the entire wvw community of a server left it would send a clear message to Anet.

That’s how we thought too. A clearer message would be sent just by not playing anymore.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Noia.9413

Noia.9413

So t6-8 are dead……

I never thought I would agree with an enemy leader on something. I never left my T6-T7 server for the same reasons quoted. This is really about freedom of choice. I didn’t choose to move to some elitist easy-wins server.

An avenger of the Pass.

The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

if the entire wvw community of a server left it would send a clear message to Anet.

Ruins of surmia

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

It’s pretty sad to think that a server once competitive in the “silver” league of the 2014 WvW tournaments like IOJ has fallen so low. Now we just get brutally beaten, often by 2-1 or 3-1 point ratios, every single week, reset after reset. It really got shameful after the expansion launch. It seems especially painful in light of the tight-knit and thriving TS3 server that we used to enjoy.

I can’t believe that ANet still allows the servers in tiers 7 and 8 to survive independently. Just put us out of our misery and merge us. 18+ months of this slow suffering is enough.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i’m sure you guys had it way harder than lower tiers – at least in lower tiers we had space to stay away from enemy zergs – there’s less of a chance to have covert fun when they are all over the place like roaches. – avoiding the enemy is part of the strategy in my server in scoring against a server with more population than us. sometimes we have roamers that solo camps and knock on doors to break them up and our zerg takes em in smaller groups. that’s fun too

i went into wvw yesterday to test a new build, i solo capped a camp and did the dredge camp solo – I imagine that’s not an option up there.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

What you have said here is true for me too. Saddens me to see their whole server come to an end. If it were the nsp guild leaders posting this though, I would just quit the game all together. The NSP community is what has kept me going this far. Without it I wouldn’t be even reading this post.

That being said, I think it could be fun to have a NSP/IOJ merged server because of the fun fights we had against each other. I can only imagine how interesting things would be fighting alongside each other.

Whatever IOJ does I wish them well.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

To be honest, it’s a sad reading. We all know that WvW is dead or almost dead (sometimes looks alive… that’s even more painful), because we don’t want to be dead. That’s why we still log in, that’s why we still try to play… It’s like lifeguard work, though it’s a lost cause… in the long term. Only the creator could help, but… forget about them (they do more harm than good to the patient).

Want to play one more time, feel WvW as it was once? Then don’t wait for Anet. Move now. Some servers still have some resemblance of activity from time to time. You can add to that… You are more than welcome to “die together with us”. It’s a last wish, that “one more fight”, that brings us back… for one last time.

Most likely that has to be T1, though mid tiers, united, could have some activity too (not for long though, sadly, we all know that). Do what’s best for you.

Farewell IoJ, God Bless Your Soul! Rip WvW.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

After trying to keep our server alive ever since HoT came out we have finally reached our limit. We are looking to transfer our whole server. We dont want to leave anyone behind. The community is still important to us & we dont want to leave any of our friends & nor should we have to. This games backbone should revolve around playing with your friends. One by one the people we have shared the glory of murdering hordes of enemys with have left us, spread out across the WvW worlds never to fight beside again. WvW is not fun anymore & i feel that by the time this population imbalance is fixed there will be noone left. I highly doubt its going to happen in the april update cause weve barely hered anything about it. No rewards or anything else is going to bring people back. We have never played this game mode for rewards, our reward was glory. So i propose to drop the last 2 tiers maybe even 3. There are not enough players to fill 8 tiers anymore & as the game gets older it will only get worse. Every tier should have a high population and lets be real….tier 7 & 8 arent medium population they are low population servers. K/D = action. T1 through 5 average over 30000/30000 , T6 15000, T7 & T8 combined 6000. That is beyond pitiful. Server pride is meaningless now. You need a server for that. We are willing to drop all the hard work we have done for this server just to have fun again, cause in the end its all meaningless if your not having fun. So drop at least two tiers and make it free transfers for everyone so we can have population balance, rejoin old friends & play with who we want to. Who else in the low servers is willing to agree with that & if not, then why not?

I have been where you are, and let me tell you, the longer you stay and prolong transfering off, the more you will just suffer instead of having fun. It is literally that simple. Unfortunate, but your only choices are: transfer, suffer, or stop logging in.

At this time your entire servers WVW population is roughly that of a regular mid to large size guild. I recommend the following:

1. Make a guild for players to join specifically for the transfer purposses, since everyone can have 5 guilds, they can still stay in their current / old ones, use this one only for the transfer.

2. Have everyone join that guild so you can get an accurate count, take a week or even a bit more so people have a chance to do so as not everyone logs in to play every day.

3. Talk to some people on various upper tier servers, hop on their TS with them, don’t settle for the 1st one you talk to, bring some friends, talk to at least 3-4 servers.

4. Many of them run warchests and can help out with the transfers a lot, if not cover them entirely.

5. Transfer.

6. Let your other 2 servers in your old tier know what happened.

7. Watch them do the same.

8. Watch the ENTIRE tier just become completely and utterly deadder then dead.

9. Watch A-Net finally take some notice.

10. Watch A-net finally maybe, just maybe, actually do something that should have been done from the ground up and all along years ago through the lifespan of the game.

11. Laugh and profit !

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Why bother transferring when you will get the same problem in every tier of WvW. Unless A.Net does some drastic changes to WvW and soon, WvW will only be PPT’ers and siege humpers.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

Why bother transferring when you will get the same problem in every tier of WvW. Unless A.Net does some drastic changes to WvW and soon, WvW will only be PPT’ers and siege humpers (usually one server from each tier).

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

wishing you the best of luck, Knob, Xhondoh and everyone else.

my stand will always be: i wont feed anet’s coffers for something they messed up on.
it’s not my fault why servers are so imbalanced.
so, i wont spend a dime when they should be the ones spending to get this fixed.

ANet,
Would it kill you for free server transfers while this mess is getting looked into? cause looking at your track record, it will take years before anything gets done. Stop being cheap penny pinchers.
Geezus friggin christmas tree.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

wishing you the best of luck, Knob, Xhondoh and everyone else.

my stand will always be: i wont feed anet’s coffers for something they messed up on.
it’s not my fault why servers are so imbalanced.
so, i wont spend a dime when they should be the ones spending to get this fixed.

ANet,
Would it kill you for free server transfers while this mess is getting looked into? cause looking at your track record, it will take years before anything gets done. Stop being cheap penny pinchers.
Geezus friggin christmas tree.

No because unless the game style is changed, transfers would be a small bandage on a gaping hole.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

Well, not everyone is transferring out of IoJ. As a member the largest guild on IoJ I can safely say we are staying. We may lose some members to other servers because of the population issues but this has been an issue for a while. Granted, we are a PvX guild and not a WvW guild but we’ve always had members playing in WvW since Beta; sometimes in very large numbers. One thing not mentioned was there was a lot of drama on IoJ about one month before HoT dropped and that most definitely affected WvW population. Just saying. Add to that the problem smaller guilds have where they to do a lot of farming outside of WvW to get gold for their guild halls, and all the other problems that have affected WvW since HoT dropped.

I don’t know what Anet can do at this point. It’s sad that they put in all this effort to make these new maps and the WvW populations just continue to drop. I don’t know about other servers but IoJ has always seem to issues with population. We move to higher tiers with lots of fighters in the field – one or two WvW guilds decide to leave and other players just follow, then we end up fighting in a tier where the population is now really outbalanced. Sigh.

That said there will still be some fighting for IoJ – maybe in very small numbers but we’ll be here. Some of won’t give up just yet. Maybe when then big WvW changes come IoJ will survive for another day and those who stayed won’t regret it.