Whole server Transfer

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I don’t believe “Transfer” whether free or paid is the solution. Transferring would just be a big mess and most likely only tear apart communities and friendships that were long in making.

K/D = action. T1 through 5 average over 30000/30000 , T6 15000, T7 & T8 combined 6000.

Merging would be the better choice in my opinion. Whether it be merging T7 & T8 all together (in their respective tiers not 7+8) then merging T6 together making room for the 2 newly created server leaving only 6 Tiers, or Merging T7 & T8 completely together to form one server, Merging the bottom two servers in T6 together and again merging all into T6 capping the Tiers at T6 in the second scenario as well.

Merging will not remove communities and friendships made as they will still all be together, they will just have opportunity to expand with another community and make more friends and companions in the adventure of WvW

By the way, I also have remained on my starting server since I started back in Pre-launch
ET lifer

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I do not blame anyone for leaving the lower tiers at this point Knob, although I think you will be wasting gems if Anet is going to do what I think they are to address population imbalance.

It would be nice if Anet gave us some clues as to what will be happening with this large update they’ve been working on for a year to allay some of this despair.

I am one of Misty’s soldiers so I’ll be staying put with my guild hoping Anet comes through with something meaningful to address WvW’s many ongoing issues.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

At this point of the game, T7 and T8 should get free transfers out and then be closed. People down there deserve better.

Pumpkin – Mag

(edited by Pumpkin.5169)

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

They’re going to megaserver WvW. Don’t waste your money transferring.

Which would be on par for anet as it would be just another huge mistake as megaservers do NOT solve the underlining issue plaguing WvW. Oh it will hide it for a while sure, but when shows it’s face again it really will be to late to ever fix WvW for real.

The underlining issue being that WvW is 24/7, but they seperated the servers by continent, which limits population to certain specific hours.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

At this point of the game, T7 and T8 should get free transfers out and then be closed. People down there deserve better.

Or even better, just automatically transfer the servers up in reversed order (ie server 27 merge with server 1, server 26 merge with server 2, etc) and half the current ones.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

For anyone worried about the gem cost of transferring, I heard about this place in pve-land. It’s called Silverworld or something like that. Apparently, when you kill a champ mob, instead of blood, a fountain of T6 mats spurts in all directions. Farm there until you make enough gold to buy the gems. I doubt it will take more than a couple hours. I went there to check it out once because there was some rumor of a “chest train.” Well, I was expecting a konga line of topless ladies, but its really just a mind-numbingly boring game of follow the leader.

Osu

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Believe there’s still server caps. Would suck if half got over, then chosen server gets a full tag.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Most depressing thread NA

Whispers with meat.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Free server transfers, or server merges… what’s the difference, it still would mean getting out of a tier you dont want…

At least for server transfers, you get to choose where to go.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

Wake up and face the music. Server loyalty doesn’t exist anymore, what you’re feeling is loyalty to your friends. When that group shrinks below 30 people its basically guild loyalty, not server.
I’ve been to every tier.
WvW is completely dysfunctional below tier 2 for OCX and Tier 3 for anything else.

Also don’t go Mag, I hear it’s the most toxic cesspit server there is.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

sorry, if it can be done, it is already done. obviously, the programming to do so did not exist and making it will further delay the wvw overhaul.

many people are simply betting on that wvw overhaul, if it isnt satisfactory, goodbye wvw. it can be considered the last straw for many.

furthermore, a lot of things were already suggested or warned by players at least 2 years ago but either promptly ignored or players at that time do not agree with it as they don’t see the consequences of it until 2 years later.

Transfers used to be free…..

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

Wake up and face the music. Server loyalty doesn’t exist anymore, what you’re feeling is loyalty to your friends. When that group shrinks below 30 people its basically guild loyalty, not server.
I’ve been to every tier.
WvW is completely dysfunctional below tier 2 for OCX and Tier 3 for anything else.

Also don’t go Mag, I hear it’s the most toxic cesspit server there is.

Real Mag is better than all other servers, the problem is all the awful people from other servers heard about mags trolley personality and decided to leave behind SBI and GoM to come invade our great community with their toxic guilds like ark, dolo, and those guilds I can’t name that hack cause my posts will get deleted but anet won’t ban them, lol. But lots of servers have this problem, it is not exclusive to mag.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

For anyone worried about the gem cost of transferring, I heard about this place in pve-land. It’s called Silverworld or something like that. Apparently, when you kill a champ mob, instead of blood, a fountain of T6 mats spurts in all directions. Farm there until you make enough gold to buy the gems. I doubt it will take more than a couple hours. I went there to check it out once because there was some rumor of a “chest train.” Well, I was expecting a konga line of topless ladies, but its really just a mind-numbingly boring game of follow the leader.

This is about the state of the gw2 economy.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

Most depressing thread NA

Your description summed it up until recently for me. But I gave up on WvW so now just dungeon solos and pvp, oh, wait, they screwed over dungeon rewards and pvp ladders too……

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

I do not blame anyone for leaving the lower tiers at this point Knob, although I think you will be wasting gems if Anet is going to do what I think they are to address population imbalance.

It would be nice if Anet gave us some clues as to what will be happening with this large update they’ve been working on for a year to allay some of this despair.

I am one of Misty’s soldiers so I’ll be staying put with my guild hoping Anet comes through with something meaningful to address WvW’s many ongoing issues.

We have waited almost 6 months for something to change. The developers said they would be holding beta tests for WvW in April. That means it will not be in the quarterly update. So we hold on hope for 3 more month till the next big update. What if it doesn’t happen then? Now 1 year later we are still in a dead tier with less players & the promise that a big overhaul will happen “soon”. Yeah it’s time to transfer :-/

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

If you think your actions about server transfer will affect Anet to make improvements faster, you are wrong. This has already happened in EU where whole (nearly) population of server left and they now have 5 people logging into WvW every day.

Ruins of Surmia died in the middle of January. Its been 2 months now, and no, Anet has not jumped in to save WvW because of that. You think IoJ is so special that Anet will drop everything they working on to save your server?

I have been in low tiers of EU long enough so I have seen servers die off before. About year ago Blacktide was killed by 2 hackers (and Anet refusal to ban them so it continued for 3 months). With the hackers most players left the BT too and it dropped down to the bottom over several months. But it was not as bad back then, since before HoT even low population servers had players, not many but they were not empty. Now low population servers are completely empty. Also BT was unofficial Polish server and is still carried by the several Polish guilds, having national server even when its not officially supported by game is really big deal in EU.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Knob.6835

Yes the title was created to show urgency. But no one really believes it will make a difference. I’m pretty sure Anet doesn’t even read the WvW forum. Anet can only work so fast and it will never be fast enough for us but it doesn’t mean I’m not going to try. At least the topic on the forums have changed from night capping back to the root problem, population imbalance.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Knob.6835

Well thank you everyone for your supportive & helpful posts. It’s the community holding WvW together despite what Anet throws at us. I’m sure we’ll find good people where ever we go. Here’s hoping the new game director changes the direction WvW has been heading. Thanx everyone for the server invites. We’ll probably make a decision by Friday on where to go. ~ love Knob

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

SkyShroud, it seems that during the recent AMA it was mentioned that the big overhaul isn’t going to happen. The big update was delayed, became a bigger update, then delayed again. Then they realized they should stop digging the big hole they were in.

I’m not sure how much of that I can believe, I mean they just kept piling on new things to the update? They don’t do that for any other part of the game, most developers don’t keep adding stuff to something they are developing and delay it months on end.

Plus everything should have been planned from the start before development, not have Billy joe bob come in on day 75 of the development and say “Hey guys I have an idea that will really make the pve players happy to join wvw lets add it in!”… “OKAY!”
But then delay the entire thing another 6 months? That excuse seemed a little ridiculous, sorry.

sorry, if it can be done, it is already done. obviously, the programming to do so did not exist and making it will further delay the wvw overhaul.

They can do automated player moves from server to server, so I’m sure they are able to do mass migration. But in any case that’s not even needed. All Anet needs to do is let all wvwer’s in the bottom 3 or 6 or 9 servers know that they are merging wvw up, offer free transfer for those servers to the top 15 18 21 servers (NA numbers). Give players on those servers a week to make the move, also gives those players time to inform other players who left and may want to move as well. Then close off those bottom servers for wvw and leave them as pve megaservers. This will not “break up communities”, if the communities want to stick together then pick a server together and move.

I’m sure Anet is hoping the update will change things enough to attract players again and won’t need to do merges, hell they certainly won’t need to if they bring in eotm/alliance style matching anyways. But who are we kidding, wvw was probably slowly dying since 3 months after release, HoT helped shed a lot of players, it would be a miracle for wvw to even get back to pre expansion wvw numbers at this point in my opinion.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Kami Poi.4659

Kami Poi.4659

Im from SoR we are fighting tooth and nail to move up tiers.

I feel your pain but I don’t think either of these ideas are good

Transfers are what got us into this mess in the first place.To recommend it now would probably cause imbalance in the mid tiers and force them to relive our pain.

Whole server Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

/looks around

where’d all the people go…

We’ll try to keep the two camps in EB nice and toasty incase you guys decide to come back!

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.