Why Can New Guilds Claim Keeps...

in WvW

Posted by: deltasniper.1659

deltasniper.1659

I thought the whole point of claiming the towers / keeps were to basically use your influence to buy upgrades shouldnt guilds be required to have art of war level 1 min before they can claim a keep? I mean it is taking up slots from guilds that would provide bonuses.

in WvW

Posted by: DeLLy.1897

DeLLy.1897

It would be nice if they implemented an “override” system, basically letting established guilds claim bigger objectives so it could be defended better. In a sense, if a guild with no upgrades claims SM and there is a guild with every upgrade at SM too, it is almost like griefing your server. Most likely it is not intentional and the smaller guild just wants recognition but there really should be a system in place for the competitive side of WvW.

in WvW

deltasniper.1659

Dont know about override since you have a build time for upgrades, but if a guild is not able to buy any at all. Then they shouldnt be able to claim it.

in WvW

Posted by: tbox.2307

tbox.2307

I can’t even claim keeps due to bugs 95% of the time.

in WvW

deltasniper.1659

I personally dont have bugs claiming it.

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

oh dear, its another “I want to keep out people I consider beneath me” thread.

No. They have as much right to claim stuff as you. get over it.

in WvW

deltasniper.1659

No i do not want to keep people beneath me out, its just they cannot buy upgrades with influence so whats the point?

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

This is such a non-issue. New guilds dont stay new very long.

Also there are no bugs with claiming right now.

How it works: when an objective is taken the guild with the most participation gets the first rights to claim an objective. After about 1-2 minutes if the objective remains unclaimed than anyone can claim it.

So if a new guild is fielding 60 members and wants to claim it, frankly I dont have a problem.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

deltasniper.1659

Point is if they cant utilize it with influence they are only hurting their team.

in WvW

Posted by: LeroyJenkins.1942

LeroyJenkins.1942

No i do not want to keep people beneath me out, its just they cannot buy upgrades with influence so whats the point?

They can buy upgrades the same as everyone else. I am AGAINST this idea of being able to claim keeps out from under smaller guilds.
I do give the larger guilds the oppritunity to claim all the larger keeps hoping they will use buff’s on them etc, but most of the time they don’t either.

in WvW

Posted by: AXLORD.2045

AXLORD.2045

IMO, the Art of War level should determine which building your guild can claim, from Camp at level 1 to Castle at level 4. I don’t think it’s an important issue though.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

It isnt important because there will be very few guilds without upgrades in 2 months.

Not worth spending a second of developer time on.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]