Why Do Anet Allow Spawn Camp ?

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

server in wvw , spawn camp for hours day after day , now ppl just got sick of it and less and less ppl on our server play wvw , why do ANET allow people to spawn camp ,
i had play other games and spawn camp is not allow , server build ton of seiges outside our spawn , we cant do anything

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

All borderlands have multiple exits. The ones most traveled are normally places were you will encounter people. It is the weekend show more people are playing.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

They don’t allow it. They provided a “safe space” to spawn in where enemies can’t hurt you and gave you multiple exits from your safe space and even multiple maps to choose from.

If you choose to run straight into a group of players sitting outside 1 exit on 1 map then that’s your choice. If you do decide to make this choice and you repeatedly die your time would be better spent learning how to fight instead of crying on the forums.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

They don’t allow it. They provided a “safe space” to spawn in where enemies can’t hurt you and gave you multiple exits from your safe space and even multiple maps to choose from.

If you choose to run straight into a group of players sitting outside 1 exit on 1 map then that’s your choice. If you do decide to make this choice and you repeatedly die your time would be better spent learning how to fight instead of crying on the forums.

+1

Basically Anet doesn’t allow Spawn-camp, the players that are spawn-camped are the ones allowing it. They have multiple options and ways to avoid it. (4 maps, 3+ exits from each spawn area, just don’t feed the trolls, etc)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

if people try to spawn camp me i just put on scorpion wire pull them in legendary npc XD

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Think the bigger issue is players don’t know how to unchain their mind. The few that choose the alternative exit out of spawn can do quite an amount of work for their server.

Maybe go off on your own and stop depending on others, they’ll only lead to your death if that’s their mentality to feed the spawn campers.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

if people try to spawn camp me i just put on scorpion wire pull them in legendary npc XD

Easy farming when the bags come right to your spawn ;-)

in WvW

Taobella.6597

Easy farming when the bags come right to your spawn ;-)

yes plz camp more <3

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

because wvw .

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Assuming that you can only gather a “small” 30 man force against zoneblobs completely blocking every exit, a single server would need to bring around 3 blobs on enemy borders and at least twice that to block citadel. EB spawns are a little worse if you get a bad color, but lets say 3 blobs for a blockade like a border.

So if a single server can bring the 1000+ players required to control spawns across all WvW maps and literally break the server limitations, they deserve to spawncamp you.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Ask yourself: Why do i allow them to farm my body over and over on the same spawn exit.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Spawnganking or being spawnganked is kind of fun, its fun fights instead of constant ppt. Who cares about points, fix your builds and get better first, after that you can ktrain all you want.

Now for the solutions. server that is being spawnganked; ask yourself: 1)are you missing revs 2) do you have druids? Answer is most likely to both yes.

Now you can rage at your allies for playing a class that takes 10+ seconds to kill a single enemy. within 10s they can just go ooc and reset hp. Druid is just kitteneless class in most wvw scenarios, even more so at spawnganking scenarios.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

server in wvw , spawn camp for hours day after day , now ppl just got sick of it and less and less ppl on our server play wvw , why do ANET allow people to spawn camp ,
i had play other games and spawn camp is not allow , server build ton of seiges outside our spawn , we cant do anything

There are three ways to get out of the spawn area and this game allows for group stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

There are three ways to get out of the spawn area and this game allows for group stealth.

not in eb :P, at least thats where ic lots of players… just going for the stairs XD

People need to pay more atention to the map :P to see every map has 2 more escapes..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

They prevented this already. If you notice to the left and right of every spawn on every map, there is three exits. A server cannot possible cover such a wide range, so spawn camping as you call it is only there because you allow it.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

They prevented this already. If you notice to the left and right of every spawn on every map, there is three exits. A server cannot possible cover such a wide range, so spawn camping as you call it is only there because you allow it.

Well if they have a couple of thief’s at the other two exits, it can be done. The Blue keep is the worse to get out of.

But yea, I agree with others, either hit another map, or simply log out. I know when the blobs get to bad, and make the game to tuff to play, I simply log out, and go do something else.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The original vision for WvW was implemented by people who played and enjoyed RvR-style play. Like Brad Hallisey. Back then, the guards would kill spawn campers, like in Dark Age of Camelot, as I would recommend.

Here is Brad in the new video from Camelot Unchained.

I’m looking forward to sampling Brad’s latest work. I suppose other WvW players should be, too.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

This isn’t just a problem in wvw.
I feel heavily camped on the new pve snow map, too.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Since the OP has been formally educated, this thread can now be closed.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

There is an advantage to spawn camping, that being when a server is going after a major objective on the map. SMC being a good example, or a garri.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

There have been a few rare instance where I have witnessed the enemy group having large groups outside all three exits. During those times we would have to get a good portion of the server to come and wipe them. It has maybe happened 3 or 4 times in the two years I have played. But it is possible for the enemy server to spawn camp all exits and it is extremely annoying.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You’d think it’d be a pretty big advantage to be able to kite back to a location where you are invulnerable and you’re capable of instantly coming back. Put two and two together and you realize you can’t win that fight. Now, do you go attacking your enemy’s keep alone when there’s 5 defenders above watching? Do you go fight people without your armor on? Now if you don’t, why do you think it’s a good idea to take the fight in front of your spawn that you should clearly win given even odds?

If you can’t win that fight, then you probably should stop engaging and find another map. Yes I know the enemy will get bored and find you eventually, but at least you’re doing something.

Spawn camping isn’t the problem, it’s merely the symptom of whatever led to this situation. Part of it is probably population imbalance, but if you have players that repeatedly pick the same exit after what happened last time, then it’s not surprising.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I’ve never understood these posts, as many have pointed out, there are several exits you can use as well as other maps. If you’re brand new to WvW I could see the concern because you may not know of the other exits but if you’re not … how do you not know about the other exits.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

People are used to either having a WP’d keep or having a commander hand hold them out of spawn. So it might be a good idea for people to show others different paths. I’m not being facetious; some people may just have never had the need or they log off before things go really bad, etc.

Due to the zerging based nature of the game, people often don’t have to think for themselves because they can get carried by others. But then considering the sentiment that individual actions won’t matter anyways, I guess the effort put into it feels not worth it. I shouldn’t talk too much kitten though, since there’s many parts of PvE and probably WvW where I am utterly clueless in. I mean, if I can just sit back, not get noticed while tapping 1, what do I really have to gain when I’ll get rewarded (or not)? Though usually I go look it up instead of instantly complaining.

Don’t take it like I’m bashing though. Stuff like being on a ram or a mortar or something trying to attack a reinforced structure is not fun and it’s not even just casual minded folks that would rather have someone else do it. But the “someone else do it” mentality spreads everywhere, and then you get this.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Seems like I see a post about this every few days? I mean if your being spawn camped there are other ways to exit the spawn!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Doesn’t work anymore at least on most maps. Enemies get teleported back now. ANet basically carebeared spawn camping… for the spawn campers.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Doesn’t work anymore at least on most maps. Enemies get teleported back now. ANet basically carebeared spawn camping… for the spawn campers.

Yeah anet should revert this change so those who overextend in spawn fights gets 1 shotted by the legendary defenders.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

This is player behaviour, its very hard to Anet to control every action players take, and in fact I dont think I want them to.

What you can do is, go out the second exit they provided, to avoid them.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

If you’re brand new to WvW I could see the concern because you may not know of the other exits but if you’re not … how do you not know about the other exits.

To the brand new players:

Welcome to Oz…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

not in eb :P, at least thats where ic lots of players… just going for the stairs XD

People need to pay more atention to the map :P to see every map has 2 more escapes..

Yes there are three ways out of the EB main spawn. Go explore hun lol. there is one to the right one to the left and one in the center.

in WvW

Taobella.6597

really does not work anymore? i remember when legendary guard cast barrage rip your zerg XD

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t get why they took that out either.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You’re joking, why the kitten would anet do that?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

They did it because with a couple thieves/mesmers it was completely possible to get inside the spawn and start the literal spawn camping.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

They did it because with a couple thieves/mesmers it was completely possible to get inside the spawn and start the literal spawn camping.

Actually no since players in spawn and behind that invisible line are invulnerable. They probably got a lot of reports of “hacking” though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Actually no since players in spawn and behind that invisible line are invulnerable. They probably got a lot of reports of “hacking” though.

I believe you could kill the shop npcs. That’s all though.

in WvW

Taobella.6597

question if game teleport you when you pull someone if a guardian does his pull does teleport send him flying because gw2 physic ? xD?

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Sapphirah.6234

Lady Sapphirah.6234

This is very weird, talk about tunnel vision… just go out the sides or go to another map like others have said.

I enjoy being spawn camped and enjoy spawn camping lol If Im being camped I practice trying to push ppl/zergs back. If Im camping thats fun too.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

If you get camped out on your best yolo hero build and get a kill each time you run out. It’s not like ppk will ever change the outcome of a match.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

If two thieves can cover an exit by themselves and prevent a server from leaving then the problem is not with the spawn campers.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer