Why Do Pets Have Much More Health in PVE?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I am not asking players. I am asking Anet.

How do you expect a pet to live with half the life that it had before it entered into WvW?

This is totally ridiculous and against common sense in any way.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Your right I never noticed that before .For example my Ice drake has 39385 health in Silverwastes but drops to 22975 in WvW. Also noticed a slight difference in character health (maybe a hundred points) but not that extreme.If (as I understand ) the pet is an extension to the ranger then that is yet another disadvantage to chalk up. Nice call on that. But I’m curious to know if that also applies to clones and minions.Just a thought.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

no just pets i think , this was done Ages and ages ago before the WvW seasons last year.

due to pets dying in 1 hit vs World bosses and some champs for fractals and dungeons they added bonus health to pets to help them survive.

WvW stayed the same as they wanted this to be more even to the Spvp health levels of pets.

in WvW

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

no just pets i think , this was done Ages and ages ago before the WvW seasons last year.

due to pets dying in 1 hit vs World bosses and some champs for fractals and dungeons they added bonus health to pets to help them survive.

WvW stayed the same as they wanted this to be more even to the Spvp health levels of pets.

Couldn’t they strike a happy medium between the two for WvW though considering WvW has more and stronger build variation than PvP?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Couldn’t they strike a happy medium between the two for WvW though considering WvW has more and stronger build variation than PvP?

It should be the same because WvWvW uses PvE rules, plain and simple. Not only are WvWvW players encountering more build variation but also varying enemy group sizes. But that would make too much sense. I mean if Anet is going to start nit picking at WvWvW combat, then there are some other things to look at as well (rally system, stability etc).

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Your right I never noticed that before .For example my Ice drake has 39385 health in Silverwastes but drops to 22975 in WvW. Also noticed a slight difference in character health (maybe a hundred points) but not that extreme.If (as I understand ) the pet is an extension to the ranger then that is yet another disadvantage to chalk up. Nice call on that. But I’m curious to know if that also applies to clones and minions.Just a thought.

I’ve been saying it for two plus years and I still haven’t received an answer from Anet to two questions, one of which I asked.

The second is why pets never grow up.

So they become our pets when “juveniles”, don’t grow up and become less powerful in WvW – and this is fair how?

Anet?

Anet?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

atheria.2837

Totally, absolutely, unequivocally, no.

Pets should have the same high health they have in PvE.

Why?

Ok, let’s go with your premise PvP, that means everyone in WvW will be stripped of trinkets, skills, buffs and anything that can help in a large group.

Nope, doesn’t work.

Pet’s need to:

Grow up

Become stronger with training

Never have less health than the day we find them.

AND not have Anet lower it in PvE, which is what I know they would do if they looked at it, so our pets would be totally useless in PvE as well as WvW and PvP.

No.

Pets need to be fixed – f2 and their health pools

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Why?

Ok, let’s go with your premise PvP, that means everyone in WvW will be stripped of trinkets, skills, buffs and anything that can help in a large group.

Nope, doesn’t work.

Pet’s need to:

Grow up

AND not have Anet lower it in PvE, which is what I know they would do if they looked at it, so our pets would be totally useless in PvE as well as WvW and PvP.

No.

was not my idea about how they dealt with pets health better take up that question with Anet 0./

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

In small scale combat pets are perfectly fine and are at their niche in combat adding plenty of support to the ranger, medium scale combat gets a bit tricky as you have to manage your pet if you want them to be effective, large scale combat is where it can get next to impossible to keep them alive.
Right now, that is technically balanced, if you give them PvE health(which is NOT their natural health as some of you seem to believe) they would NEVER get attacked in small scale combat because it would be totally pointless, medium scale you would nee minimal effort to keep them alive, and large scale would likely still be very hard to keep them alive but they would actually last quite a bit longer before you run out of tricks for their survival.

Pets are not made for large scale combat which is the issue here, the only problem with increasing the health is it kinda knocks the small and mid sized fights out of whack. Why run a tanky pet if you could get a bird that’s got 30k hps and deals more damage in small fights?

Upping their health to pve size would just encourage more ranger zergs that would effectively have a beefy frontline of pets that would be silly to try and attack cause they would have so much health. Anybody that uses AoE would be annoyed if they drop a Well of Suffering for example and 3 of their targets are 70k health bears.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Upping their health to pve size would just encourage more ranger zergs that would effectively have a beefy frontline of pets that would be silly to try and attack cause they would have so much health. Anybody that uses AoE would be annoyed if they drop a Well of Suffering for example and 3 of their targets are 70k health bears.

Oh no, rangers would actually be wanted for something!

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Why?

Nope, doesn’t work.

Pet’s need to:

Grow up

No.

Gonna catch them all!^^

Sorr,y could not resist. I generally agree with you that is stupid to continually have a young X pet if you donĀ“t name it.

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Cos it requires less skill whilst making casual players think they are pro cos their pet didnt die.

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Except pets were buffed in pve resulting in more health. That’s why they have less life in wvw.
You could add 5 times their current health and they’d still die instantly anyway, in wvw (big fights) just keep your pet near you, in a non agressive state and order him to attack your target when needed (and use its utility)…you’ll still lose a lot of dps but hopefully, you’ll get some use of it instead of just seeing him get rekt in 1/8 of a second.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Why?

Nope, doesn’t work.

Pet’s need to:

Grow up

No.

was not my idea about how they dealt with pets health better take up that question with Anet 0./

If you haven’t noticed, this question was asked a long time ago, but it was never answered.

And to the guy after you who obviously doesn’t comprehend how weak a “juvenile” is compared to the start of this game must not have been playing then when they could turn red instead of being tamed as they still should be.

They destroy the pet, don’t allow it to grow up and then nerf it further in WvW, how in the heck is that sane game mechanics? It’s not.

I am asking again, Anet, why do you destroy Rangers with a pet that is half of what we tamed and HALF AGAIN when we enter WvW?

Anet, please answer.

(edited by atheria.2837)