Why Do You Currently WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Working on another topic and I admit I don’t know what the main encouragement for people to WvW is. I like it because its fun and fighting peeps is more interesting then NPCs and its something to win at the end of the week. So factors that add on top of that might be WvW rank, karma, bags aka loot, crafting mats, xp. So what else for everyone and how would you rank them?

To me it’s ranked : Fights, Objectives, WvW rank, bags, weekly ranking, mats, karma.

Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Because i like it

/thread

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Fights. The rest doesn’t matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

Shrug. What else to do in the game? I am dungeon master, 11k ach. jumped all JP’s. If i stop WvW then it is time do delete game coz farming same dungeons and events for ectos sounds amazingly boring.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Old school DAoC players. Love RvR and have been looking for that community-oriented, small-group can make a contribution, group player vs player style of play in every game we’ve tried since then. GW2 WvW, complete with its flaws, still has a vestige of that. Currently.

Bascially 3 reasons:

My guild has run out of challenges elsewhere in the game (including Dungeons/Fractals).

More importantly, we enjoy the WvW-team-community feel and enjoy contributing to that.

We enjoy good fights (even if we are outnumbered. Some of the best times have been 4 of us against 8,10,12 and we manage to “win”.)

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I really like it first and foremost, favourite part of GW2.

You get awesome big fights.

You have a great sense of community via teamspeak/fighting for same server. It has a lot of dedicated players who turn up day after day, week after week, so you get to know everyone. Feels like the Cheers bar, where everyone knows your name…if anyone remembers that sitcom on tv.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Tight knit community. Why else play an MMO?

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Old school DAoC players. Love RvR and have been looking for that community-oriented, small-group can make a contribution, group player vs player style of play in every game we’ve tried since then. GW2 WvW, complete with its flaws, still has a vestige of that.

ditto, WvW feeds my small scale combat bloodlust and allows me to enjoy myself as just an average player with limited playtime.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

For my guildies and friends I have made, but more are leaving for Titanfall, Warframe and some other games that have been recently released…. So I doubt I’ll be playing much longer either.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: sheelzi.5803

sheelzi.5803

Working on another topic and I admit I don’t know what the main encouragement for people to WvW is. I like it because its fun and fighting peeps is more interesting then NPCs and its something to win at the end of the week. So factors that add on top of that might be WvW rank, karma, bags aka loot, crafting mats, xp. So what else for everyone and how would you rank them?

To me it’s ranked : Fights, Objectives, WvW rank, bags, weekly ranking, mats, karma.

Good hunting!

It’s bumping into “that guy” while roaming and beating him.

Cyrsly – Necromancer – Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Not in any order but

Commanding, fights, the community, the statistics and looking at world population change

I like to fight against all odd and come out on top. I like to make crazy plan to attack a structure and often failing, but it’s still fun

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

completing season 2 achievement meta. that’s all. don’t care about the rest. yup, i’m achievement kitten…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Biggusbiggus.5789

Biggusbiggus.5789

I love getting ganked by invisible/invulnerable hackers. That, and losing keeps and towers to glitchers. I think ANet has created the perfect environment for those with a masochistic streak. Ooh, yeah, baby! Moar hackers, please.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

For my guild, its the only thing keeping me in the game. And with ESO coming out my interest in GW2 is fast reaching the point of no return anyway.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Bcs it’s much more exiting to fight a real person/people than it is to fight a predictable, computer generated, mob.

Naz ©

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

I like the siege fights and I hate farming pve zones or repeating story steps ive already done. so in between new content, I wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Achievements and AP, of course. I’m a filthy achieve hunter.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I really like it first and foremost, favourite part of GW2.

You get awesome big fights.

You have a great sense of community via teamspeak/fighting for same server. It has a lot of dedicated players who turn up day after day, week after week, so you get to know everyone. Feels like the Cheers bar, where everyone knows your name…if anyone remembers that sitcom on tv.

Not only do I remember it, I also use that analogy constantly when talking about community feel in an MMO.

In the end, that is the reason why my guild is still here.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

I WvW because I love the massive fights that occur, which is something that other games lack. Completely player driven which builds community, especially server identity (gives you a sense of belonging). Always fun for me, I only get bored when there is no competition.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

in WvW

Posted by: Biggusbiggus.5789

Biggusbiggus.5789

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

^Win^

in WvW

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

^

Pretty much fights, Fighting Massive blobs and other Guilds, A more FFA open style PvP, not knowing whats around the corner, rather than a controlled arena. Community Driven content is some of the best stuff to come out of this game like GvGs (GW2 style) and Dueling/Roaming that you can’t do outside of WvW.

i have no interest in PvE. I do moderate amount of TPvP/SPvP, but wouldn’t of kept me playing for this long.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

(edited by ethier.3417)

in WvW

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Map completion, WvW Badges for exotic/cheaper ascended gear. That’s it. Other than that, WvW isn’t worth being in.

in WvW

Posted by: Sigmar.2185

Sigmar.2185

Enjoying the always unpredictable behavior from players, despite the environment always the same, sometimes I’m the hunter they dislike … sometimes I’m the prey they wanted most, WvW can be a nice distress place if you release your fear to “die a lot” because just a pixel game and at the end what you get are memories …then a good LOL long time after remembering the nice moments you shared with your brothers in arms!

Carpe diem

[ALPH] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

This.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

For the friends.

in WvW

Posted by: Daniel Warren.4968

Daniel Warren.4968

Because I adore skill lag and absolutely LOVE being unable to fight in big groups. Sexy.

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I still play (Off and on due to a lot going on at the moment) because it is a time sink I love enjoying with Mister Buns. We’re an amazing team and those maps hold lovely memories of that for me. I still come around for our beloved guild, BUNS, it’s made up of the two of us, my mother, my brother and two of our most dearest friends. It’s about enjoying time with family for me, family that is spread out at times. Lastly, IoJ, I love the people of IoJ like my extended family and I’m happy to help them on the battlefield.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

For the people I play with. The guild and server community. The challenge of developing teams and accomplishing things with the team working together.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: TheFiendishFiend.4057

TheFiendishFiend.4057

The community.
I’ve been playing WvW since the first Beta Weekend, and the only thing that remains truly engaging and dynamic in this game is the players. WvW is special in this way because you make relationships with so many different players and guilds, just by running alongside and cooperating with them everyday.

~Lion~
Bearer of Tyrion’s Personal Banner, and[BOMB] GvG Officer

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Killing time, also cannot be called an alcoholic if I drink with my 50 friends on Mumble, right???? So there’s that…..

Mainly just waiting for something better that offers openworld pvp, probably around June.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

because nothing is more satisfying then destroying your opponent with a ranger and know that they are swearing like a drunken sailor.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Computer controlled opponents are predicable. They don’t adopt, learn, or try creative new strategies. Humans do, so I prefer human opponents, even when they outplay me. They are more interesting.

Unfortunately, this is also one of the reasons why Rangers work pretty well in PvE but not so well in WvW, particularly with bows. Other players don’t aggro on the pet like you’d want them, heal up that slow-and-steady damage Rangers do to them, and don’t dutifully stay at range or stop pursuing when a ranger backs out of the encounter zone. This is why ANet either needs to give Rangers better burst damage or give them more control over the duration of encounters so the slow-and-steady approach can actually work on other players (though I think they’ll probably find any fix that let’s a Ranger keep them in combat frustrating to play against).

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

The fights. I like a mix of capping towers, keeps, camps, etc but I stay for the good fights. I used to take WvW more serious but now I just play to have fun and if I’m not, I find something else to do or just sign off (usually the option since there isn’t much else to do in GW2).

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I asked this same question about 2 weeks ago.

For me, the only thing bringing me back each week is the fact that there’s nothing else out there to play.

WvW, like much of GW2, has become stale and boring. The game mode we play in has the same problems and shortcomings it had on day 1. The classes haven’t changed (or been balanced) in a year. There still aren’t any real rewards for doing WvW. PvP and PvE are still terrible distractions for WvW.

Shame really. ANet has really squandered their resources.

in WvW

Posted by: Valinor.9647

Valinor.9647

I like WvW because their are no fair fights,

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

I first came in WvW, cause I found PvE lacking, and wanted to give it a try.
I stayed in WvW because of the warm welcome I had there.
Community is everything.
When I log in, I’m not much looking forward to playing, I look forward to connecting with people I came to consider as friends.

Other than that, why I’d rather WvW than PvE is for the awesome fights. I love outsmarting the enemy, winning battles when the odds are against us.
Nothing better than the thrilling feeling I can get at that point.

in WvW

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

I deleted game yesterday. No more WvW. Now i have to stop trolling forum and everything in my life return to normal.