Why Does the Winning Team Get Stat Bonuses?

in WvW

Posted by: psilosopher.5807

psilosopher.5807

So.. orbs are unbalanced. Yeah, change it please.

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

in WvW

psilosopher.5807

You know, this is a very legitimate question.

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

why does the losing team always expect hand outs to make it “fair” for them?

in WvW

Teulux.6732

P.S. Orbs have nothing to do with the score.

It is possible to be in LAST place AND have all 3 orbs.

Please learn ALL of the mechanics of the game before you cry about them on the forums.

(edited by Teulux.6732)

in WvW

psilosopher.5807

P.S. Orbs have no Tie to the score.

Please learn ALL of the mechanics of the game before you cry about them on the forums.[/quote]

Both of the statements you made are not untrue, but they are very unrealistic. Orbs have no direct impact on the score, but the improvement of the stats of the players allows those with orbs to easily win fights, and defend/capture objectives.

It is “possible” to be in LAST place AND have all 3 orbs.

Show me a screenshot of a team in last place with all 3 orbs, and I’ll show you two dozen screenshots of teams in first place with all 3 orbs. Just because it is possible doesn’t mean it happens more than 0.1% of the time.

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Winning =/= ownership of orbs. Just seems that way cos many winning teams win by a landslide.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

“why does the losing team always expect hand outs to make it “fair” for them?”

Hate to tell you this but there is nothing fair about wvw given the way its implemented. Servers are very unbalanced (in terms of quality players and 24 hr wvw presence capabilities) due to the random/ad hoc way many players and guilds decided which server to select. Teams with heavy Oceanic presence benefit and sit atop the leader board – not because it was 100% earned but because they can dominate the night cap, wrack of hugh scores, and never look back.

In essence – its “handed to them” due to the way wvw is set up.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in WvW

psilosopher.5807

Winning =/= ownership of orbs. Just seems that way cos many winning teams win by a landslide.

Those winning teams can more easily make it a landslide because of those orb bonuses. Without the orb bonuses, the two losing teams would be much more competitive.

I am from Titan Alliance and I have had my share of 3 orb buff decimation of the opposing teams. Yes it is fun, and it is empowering, but at the end of the day it’s just like “outgearing” your opponent. There is some satisfaction in knowing that the person you killed is weaker than you, but it’s very glib.

To have all teams on an equal footing would reinforce the level of skill that teams put into the WvW effort.

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

“why does the losing team always expect hand outs to make it “fair” for them?”

Exactly, what did you think WvW was supposed to be fun or something?
No WvW is supposed to be a very large, very competetive sPvP match. Thats why the winning team gets advantages and why the easiest way to get points is to constantly demolish the weakest team so you can own all there territory.

Just take your stomping and be quiet losing teams, if you dont like then just stop playing WvW so the winners who happen to have the highest population of players can get points without having to fight anyone………………………………………………..wait.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I think Orbs should work like relics from Age of Empire 2: Age of Kings. If anyone hasnt played it (its an RTS), monks would go out in search of relics and return them to their temple. When inside the temple the generated extra income. Translate that to GW2 and WvW, Orbs captured could increase the potential points of their keep by +15 for example. Holding orbs would then be more about the game and less about power.

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

just add where if they hold the Orbs way too long they blow up lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Why does the winning team always expect additional buffs to make it even harder for the losing team to come back.

in WvW

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

They shouldn’t be removed, however I think the Orbs and the Unmanned buff should switch. We are decimating on our server with all 3 orbs, maybe not only because we have them, but because we do and we are winning, the other teams are unmotivated to play, and the only people that are on are tiny groups. These groups should have a little increased power so they are actually a challenge for us, while we get increased drops from the extra boosts from our orbs (now with the unmanned stats). WvW is INCREDIBLY boring when the enemy can’t take a single structure stronger than a camp from you.

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

P.S. Orbs have nothing to do with the score.

Please learn ALL of the mechanics of the game before you cry about them on the forums.

This guy… Didn’t understand the point of the OP!

Anyway, people have suggested trading out manned stats with Orb stats. Which I support; the losing side should have the advantage in the game.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Mighteous.9281

Mighteous.9281

Teulux.6732

What are you talking about? Are you on a winning server? You didn’t build that! Somebody else made that happen! It was inequity that allowed you to capture all the orbs! The map was strategically designed for your benefit! Your server has more people! Blah blah blah! Ask Obama that question, buddy. LOL.

I’m on the smallest server in the game. Kaineng. I see the orb on our side every day, and we’re in second place. It’s not uncommon for Devona’s Rest (3rd place) to have the Orb. There are only a certain amount of people allowed on a map from each server at one time. Even my tiny little server has had a queue to get into a certain map. That means the map is full.

Now if YOUR map is full, that means you have the exact same amount of toons as the other servers with queues. What’s the excuse to not have an orb then? The incessant crying and whining from the future constituency of the Democratic party is easy to recognize for what it is. Babies crying.

Winning has it’s perks in the real world, why would you want anything different here? Is the winner supposed to feel guilty for winning? Should winning servers be taxed 40% of their gold in order to get in WvW? LOL!

The other day I was in WvW and saw a bunch of brats laying on the ground complaining about how the game was no fun! LOOK if you don’t believe it. These are the type of people posting in this thread. Do they really need to have their voices heard?

Is there REALLY any question to why they don’t have the orb? Cmon now.

It’s binky time, kids.

Attachments:

I look forward to killing you soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Erebus Delirium.4892

Erebus Delirium.4892

As it stands now, a WvW battle is decided in the first 48 hours. There is absolutely ZERO need for it to continue on for a full week — or two!

Either fix the imbalance or shorten the games. There really isn’t a whole lot more to say about this.

-Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in WvW

Posted by: bear.3842

bear.3842

Once a team gets a small advantage and secures all the orbs that small advantage becomes a landslide. Get rid of orbs or go back to a 48hr format.

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

If you have a queue, you have the manpower, use it and get back on top. Yeah, it’s hard and might not work out, but you’ll never know without trying. I’m happy that after a very bad start in our current tier (Desolation), we managed to get to at least on the 2nd place for now. With 48hr format, comebacks would be more hard to come by.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in WvW

Teulux.6732

Stuff

I won’t get into a political debate on a forum with a random person on the internet but trying to compare the losing team of a online video game with the lowest income people in The US is comical to say the least.

As for the rest of the people crying about Orb buffs. Why would you take out the reward for owning them? Honestly do you think people are gonna try so hard to get them when they give XP and Magic find? Why would I waste my time seiging a keep (possibly for hours) for 33% magic find? Are you dumb? The only way to make them a target for a server is to make them have stats that MEAN something to the whole server. THAT IS THE POINT OF THEM! It gives people a reason to go after them and defend them with everything they got. If you hear in WvW chat, “forget that keep we don’t care about the orb” THEN you know you have a FAIL system. Simple as that.

Honestly there is not much more to talk about. Yes I agree they fall into the winning servers hands more often then not, but do you wanna know why? Maybe it is because they are winning? Weird I know right? However, does this mean that a losing server can not use tactics and good play to take them back? Abso-kitten-lutely not. INFACT
If a losing server can get an orb into a keep that is upgraded it SHOULD be easier for them to defend it. Since most of the time they have less on the map that needs to be defended. The problem is the game has been out for 1 month and people still have no kitten clue on what the most effective ways to do things are. Has anyone from these servers taken 5 Omega Golems (upgraded from alpha golems) to a keep door to see how fast it drops? I highly doubt it. People don’t want to invest the time to figure things out and then cry when they lose vs the people that DO.

It honestly just sounds like you are all a bunch of horrible players that can’t figure things out and want things handed to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

I wouldn’t be as opposed to orbs having the stats they currently have as much if the only places with an altar were like their initial starting spot, and not in brick iron keeps.

If you could only place Orbs in supply camps I think it would be a better mechanic over all.

in WvW

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Orgs are stupid and make no sense at all. Orbs should give you non-combat bonuses, like +karma or +drop rate on badges. Having them give +combat stats makes ZERO sense. It is one of the signs that arenanet doesn’t really understand much about how to make w3 work.

in WvW

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

This kind of boni come from the current generation of games, especially the moba genre, where winning punishes the losing opponent with respawntime, while giving some sort of numerical boni to the winner, which in return makes it even easier to win the next fight.

This works (to some degree) in mobas because of the short matchtime.
Games like Call of Duty etc. are also having these sorts of systems with killstreaks etc.
Sadly these sort of boni get thrown into more and more games.
GW2 does have these kind of boni in the form of orbs, which are much easier to defend if you have fully upgraded keeps, which needed time to upgrade.
Since you hold the keep that time, it often implies, that the enemy had to defend, because you were advancing.
This means your team is often already winning.
The winning side (could use some statistical data of course) will probably have 2 or 3 orbs more often than the losing side.
That of course helps them winning.

Sadly there is a kind of gamer who believes that such a system is ok.
Here is a similar, winning team gets more power, example for any kind of sports:
Imagine a league of your favorite sport ( soccer, american football, baseball … ), and the rules allows the team currently in the 1st place to field 5 additional players. The second one gets 3 additional players, while the third one gets one additional player.
I thing no one would argue that these rules are fair, or in any kind healthy for the league.
But some of those would say, in a computer game, such a system would be ok…

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

To be fair, the teams have to be even, the opposing forces equal and we know on a lot of servers that this isn’t happening. Some teams out number others 2 to 1, some higher probably from the zerg my zerg ran in to tonight lol

I don’t think winning team should be rewarded for winning, it’s a war… the only rewards should be cheaper upgrades or something of that ilk… or additional supplies when they have a supply camp.

These passive buffs are just silly and feed into the zerg mentality when if a winning server is provided additional support from Supply camps then the other services would constantly need to cut them off meaning that play style turns more to defence and ensuring they keep supply routes open.

Or something… it’s late

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

in WvW

Posted by: Raptor.9863

Raptor.9863

As it stands now, a WvW battle is decided in the first 48 hours. There is absolutely ZERO need for it to continue on for a full week — or two!

Either fix the imbalance or shorten the games. There really isn’t a whole lot more to say about this.

Take it you have not seen the NSP – SoR – YB scores.

Raptor – Human Guardian
Northern Shiverpeakes

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

Stuff

I won’t get into a political debate on a forum with a random person on the internet but trying to compare the losing team of a online video game with the lowest income people in The US is comical to say the least.

Don’t get sucked in. There are two types of people on Kaineng: Those that have Mighteous on ignore, and those who haven’t bought the game yet.

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

The orb bonus is just daft. Many servers stuggle as they are outnumbered and the orb bonus is given to the larger side, who swiftly take and secure them.

Three children beating up one is bad odds, but the game gives the three children body armour as reward for their superiority and considers that to be ok.

in WvW

Posted by: Yashimata.2986

Yashimata.2986

They should switch the orb and outmanned buff. The winning team is usually farming anyway (so the karma/etc. bonuses would benefit them more IMO) and the teams sporting less on the field need something to make up for their lack of numbers.

What about something like:
1-3 orbs: 33-100% karma, experience, gold, and magic find
0-24% map full: 4 orb buffs (200 to all stats, 20% extra HP)
25-49% map full: 3 orb buffs
50-74% map full: 2 orb buffs
75-99% map full: 1 orb buff

Orb buff is useful but going to help you crush your opposition into the ground even further, while those who are outmanned become quite a bit more dangerous, depending on how empty the map they’re on is.

in WvW

Teulux.6732

You should read other posts before you come and post the same kitten idea that everyone else has. It makes it worse that the idea was proven to be bad by a logical post as well.

Orbs are the POINT of the borderlands. They should not be a PVE buff for players in a PVP zone. By your logic Stonemist should not give the huge advantage that it does to EB. It should just be a enclosed PVE zone with higher drop rates and offer no advantage to the map or players in WvW. /facepalm

NO ONE will care about orbs if they give PVE BUFFS to people in a PVP ZONE

Does that clear it up for you? I find it sad that you people still can’t grasp what the idea behind the orbs is.