Why Free Transfers Need To Go

in WvW

Posted by: FuzzyStarburst.3071

FuzzyStarburst.3071

Been said a million times, but apparently, it needs to be said 1,000,001 to be effective?

Free Transfers are causing issues in WvW. I think even Arena Net will acknowledge this. They don’t want to disable these just yet, due to obvious hesitation to block friends off from eachother. WvW isn’t the entire game, and some minor issues on this front aren’t worth sacrificing friends playing together, right?

Wrong. Here’s the problem. We gamers are very fickle, think of a stray cat. Give a stray cat food and promise it even more and better food. But one day, don’t put food out there, and the neighbor does, and that cat’s gone. Guild Wars 2 is a great game besides WvW, but WvW is its attraction, whether they acknowledge this or not. The PvE lacks content to compete with many other competitors, who may or may not have been going for 12 years. But those competitors have much less to offer on the mass PvP front.

Moving back onto topic properly, these servers are NOT going to stabilize. I only see them becoming more unstable. A look at the current WvW scores shows us that the only semi-close games right now are tiers 5 and 6, and both of those are essentially already in the bag as well, before Monday.

But, in the end, there’s a very simple solution that makes everyone happy. Transfer limits! We could have a grace period on new accounts, blocked servers to prevent people transferring to place like Tier 1 servers, only allow a transfer per <time period here>. So many solutions to what is a SERIOUSLY underestimated issue with the potential to lower sales, population, and enjoyability by considerable amounts.

Well, that’s just my two cents on an issue that’s been talked about a million times. Maybe ArenaNet will deliver us from these mad times of fair weather guilds hopping around like fleas, infesting and damaging servers. Goodnight guys!

in WvW

Posted by: genoshan.4608

genoshan.4608

Free transfers need to go now. My server (IOJ) has become boring. We had guilds transfer to us and we own everything on the map and they other 2 teams have given up. 2 days after the reset, there is no PvP to be had and it is boring !

in WvW

Posted by: Toroth.1453

Toroth.1453

I will sign this petition.

Paradoxical Clarity [DEGU]
-Sanctum of Rall-

in WvW

Posted by: Zagz.6402

Zagz.6402

Free transfers are killing communities.
ANET You fail 100%
Only pvp game I’ve played where your server or side is punished heavily for winning by simply not being able to play with your friends.
GG ANET Again I say you fail
How long will you let this go on?

[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Free transfers need to stay until ANET gets the guesting system working and gets better data. Right now, the reason free transfers are an issue is because
1) The wait time isn’t long enough.
2) You can transfer servers too quickly
3) The servers players can transfer to isn’t limited.

Those three things need to be addressed first before free transfers are taken away. Force people to play 2 matches to see if they are hoping around and following the winners or simply don’t like losing badly, then from that data figure out which servers shouldn’t be allowed to have people transfer to them. Then ANET incentivize people to transfer to lower populated WvW servers and then take free transfers away. If its not done in this order the current mega servers will simply stay that way

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I like the stray cat analogy, but ArenaNet doesn’t care about what the player base thinks about any other issues.

- Dungeon changing.
- Nerfing SB Rangers and lying about it. (Probably a direct counter for Ranger Bots, but who else does it effect, Idk, the players who actually play?)
- Not dealing with hackers.
- Rendering problems which was made worse by another patch. (Testing patches would be nice? maybe.)
- Favoritism with classes devs like most, don’t bother arguing against this, It’s the truth.
- Orb and Out manned issues.

And many more, the only thing I’ve actually heard a dev actually have a more then positive response on, it involved me spending money, really? really. I’ve lost trust but it seems like now ALL MMO companies apply these tactics, It’s sad to see. Take what you said for example, now blackgate is an overwhelming server, so I cannot W3 for an entire week, because it ruins the fun for me and next week we’ll be facing SoS, which also is an overwhelming server, another week I’ll be without W3. What else am I suppose to do? sPvP, not really into, PvE? LOL, Guild Wars 2 PvE is horrible, absolutely horrible, had more fun with Aion PvE. Take this post however you want, hate, butt hurt, but It’s the truth and I’m not afraid to say the truth. GW2 has made the most fun I’ve ever had playing a game, but also the worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Free transfers are breaking up communities. However it’s like this for a reason, and that’s a better future. Big guild alliances needed to be broken up, or they would forever dominate everything. By keeping them open, it gives the big guilds an option to break apart and build a new community.

HoD and the TA, would forever be unbeatable without the transfers. It does feel like it’s for the worst, and can be rough having to part with friends. But if these guilds didn’t break up and support some of the lower servers, all of WvW would be lopsided. And most matches would be over by sunday or monday left to drag on the rest of the week. The more and more these guilds disperse the more close and fun matches we will have.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior