Why I require town clothes in Wuvwuv

in WvW

Posted by: Rory.2086

Rory.2086

Dear ArenaNet,

I purchased the Bloody Prince outfit for my asuran necromancer. The mask SERIOUSLY creeps out a friend of mine. I like to enter dungeons while wearing the mask so that its creepy smile will taunt him through the entire run. Sometimes when we roam in Wuvwuv, I like to put the mask on before entering a new borderland to taunt him further. He’ll say “No, no, not the mask!” I make it up to him at the end of the night by switching to the cute Zojja hat. So don’t worry, I’m not too evil.

I understand disabling toys, given how people were using them to move more quickly across the map. But please, I beg of you, re-enable the costumes without toys! You could just turn off all the skills when someone switches to town clothes. No need to unequip the toy or anything. Just disabled town skills.

If you bring back the town clothes I will love you forever. <3

Sincerely,
Awesome Possum

PS – If you could bring back the dance bug as well that would also be great. I liked to glitch the arms on the second dance so that her arms would wobble while she wears the mask. >:D Oh, ok, so we may have terrorized the RPers in Divinity’s Reach a little bit… ::innocent look::

Awesome Possum [MU]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Invalid.8765

Invalid.8765

Sorry, apparently town clothes are way to unfair to those who do not have town clothes.

You see, when you equip town clothes it allows you to solo all of Eternal Battlegrounds and a Borderland of your choice.

So this is why Anet had to disable town clothes. Kitten forbid someone chooses not to be in combat gear and wants to enjoy themselves/have fun. WvW is not for fun, the sooner you learn this the better off you will be.

Stop having fun in WvW. This is serious business.

Invalid Password [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Heard wearing Aviator’s makes you immune to crits.

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Are we getting refunds for all the stuff we bought? no
Is Anet going to fix the 1 or 2 items that allowed this exploit? doesn’t seem like it

They know about these threads, I got a PM the other day saying that a similar thread I posted in was removed to the trash. Yet, still no response.

I have townsclothes in WvW, for when I wait for my raid to start and ppl drop Box’o’funs around. THAT is the time people mostly use townsclothes. Atleast allow them in the spawncamps.

Sometimes I wonder who comes up with the ideas here. Don’t say it’s a team, makes it even worse. I can’t imagine nobody from the entire team thought about this, and even worse, that the majority disagreed with this person. Tbh, Anet reminds me of the 1%, when the ppl working there probably don’t even go in that category.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

(edited by Centrix.4065)

in WvW

Invalid.8765

Centrix, that is because they do not care. Amazingly enough, they do not care what their customers enjoy/like.

Invalid Password [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

That’s basically the point I was making yes.

But honestly, before the gamelaunch when they were saying all their PR stuff like “we want you to play how you want, not how we want”, “no grinding”, “we care about YOU”, etc etc I knew it would be BS. Got the game anyway because I was gonna play with roommates.

Don’t get me wrong, the fun I got out of it was worth the money, but it really amazes me how contradictory and inconsistent this company is. I guess as long as they meet their annual profit goal they don’t care (or think ppl are satisfied enough). I’ve seen better from free-to-play developers, with less staff. Any other company I know or worked for would’ve done some kind of (partial) refund or something else to compensate for people BUYING stuff they can’t use anymore.
And not because the item they bought is the problem, but an other item (they don’t even own) in a similar category…. ??? None of the items I have that work on townsclothes have anything to do with any exploit, yet I am being punished for it.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

(edited by Centrix.4065)

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Since town clothes have been disabled in WvW I have used them… not even once. Why did I buy them for then? I have no idea of any exploits and if there is any then it should be fixed, instead punishing everyone for few ppl who abuse it.
Just like many other not fixed things – sigils, some runes, skills or traits – I don’t know where it’s all going, but I have a feeling I know where me and friends might go, if continues :s

in WvW

Invalid.8765

Exactly, ignore/do not fix the problem, instead create a whole new problem. Anet’s philosophy with GW2 seems to be consistent with that logic.

Remember why they introduced Southsun cove? Remember why they introduced fractals? Remember when orbs were implemented and since they were incapable of preventing people from hacking the orbs, they just removed it completely?

Seems lazy in my opinion.

Invalid Password [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I liked riding my broom straight through an enemy zerg :/

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Since town clothes have been disabled in WvW I have used them… not even once. Why did I buy them for then? I have no idea of any exploits and if there is any then it should be fixed, instead punishing everyone for few ppl who abuse it.
Just like many other not fixed things – sigils, some runes, skills or traits – I don’t know where it’s all going, but I have a feeling I know where me and friends might go, if continues :s

ANet has some of the worst communication and customer service issues in the MMO business, it’s unfortunately not a new fact.

in WvW

Invalid.8765

ANet has some of the worst communication and customer service issues in the MMO business, it’s unfortunately not a new fact.

It’s actually the best customer service and communication anyone has ever seen in their life. That is why it seems like they just do not care, it’s because us peasants have never seen something so amazing and great that our tiny brains cannot comprehend the greatness that is Anet!

Invalid Password [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

It pains my heart to know that new players will never know the joy of turning themselves into a hylek wearing a witch hat and running around in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Require in this post apparently uses the same definition as a teenage girl crying “but daddy I neeeed new jeans…”

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Rory.2086

Rory.2086

I think ANet -does- care but has a lot to manage, honestly. Disabling town clothes was a quick fix to prevent people from using the broom or scythe in an exploitative manner. I completely understand their reasoning. However, their solution was a poor one. I think it would be best to allow townclothes and just disable skills so that we could still look cool and dance and stuff. Maybe allow the skill use in spawn areas only so we can costume brawl while we wait for people to arrive? I realize that would be slightly more tricky. But it would be oh-so-worth it. Everyone who comes to GW2 specifically for the WvW won’t be interested in townclothes. Or they’ll be furious if they buy the clothes now without any warning that townclothes aren’t allowed in WvW. I don’t recall any caution on the BLTC. That also concerns me.

Indeed, there are many bugs, and like with any program, whenever you fix one you’ll just wind up with more. But I’m dismayed that this solution was implemented when there were other solutions available. I’ve even costume brawled friends from other servers in WvW, and we laughed at how different and weird it was since certain skills didn’t work. Sometimes after some 1v1 you just wanna be a little silly. It’s a game, after all. We’re here to have fun!

Awesome Possum [MU]
Henge of Denravi