Why I voted no to 1 up 1 down..

in WvW

Posted by: Siska.8102

Siska.8102

Because of the total lack of transparency in relation to what servers are deemed full and linking. How on earth can Anet justify giving Mag a link? A TI server. I thought maybe they were going to open BG then okay, that might balance out, but nope.

Linking servers, server population status and the manually adjusting glicko that has been going on through all the tiers, looks to me like match manipulation, not balance.

There is far too much fiddling behind the scenes in the wvw right now for me to vote for any kind of scoring changes. For me to keep playing Anet needs to make a decision about servers, perma-link or reduce the number of servers…period. Show the player base the actual population data of wvw, time zone, daily and weekly total.

Basically I’ve completely lost confidence in Anet’s vision (if it exists) for wvw and trust in their process. All these polls, to me, are just smoke and mirrors that don’t offer the player base any kind of real choice. The last could be boiled down to “do you want presents” or “do you want to give anet more control of the outcome of wvw matches”.

Ah kitten it, I’ll pick Santa.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

You’re entitled to vote anyway you like but the reasoning you’re using seems flawed, you don’t want match manipulation so you voted no for the one option that eliminates Anet interference ?

I don’t understand the logic but whatever floats your boat.

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Isn’t server-linking based on population, not success? The point of it was to have enough people in WvW so players can have fun fighting each other (or sitting in towers manning siege .. sigh).

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I just wanted rewards for winning. Lack of symmetry promotes competition.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I like the 1 up 1 down. WvW is way to unstable for Skirmishes and linking. Take all that crap out and fix WvW first.

in WvW

Siska.8102

@Nutz: It says 1 up 1 down would replace the glicko system. It doesn’t say anything about ending server links or an increase in transparency of server population.

Of course if you still trust Anet, this wouldn’t matter to you.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

It’s still not a very logical argument, links and lack of pop transparency aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. So the only thing you can take away from anet is Glicko and the ability to interfere with it.

Again 1 up 1 down has nothing to do with Links or transparency, those 2 items are their own beasts and will be there whether its glicko or 1 up 1 down or whatever scoring. Your prerogative to vote how you like. The other option doesn’t say anything about ending server links or being more transparent either.

in WvW

Siska.8102

@Nutz I have a fee for pointless arguments, if you like you can mail me 50g and I’ll continue.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

i vote yes for “Server-linking” last year

but my home Server Blackgate have no "server-linking "

i dont believe Anet anymore.

They just focus 2017 DLC now

who care us ?

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

@Nutz I have a fee for pointless arguments, if you like you can mail me 50g and I’ll continue.

Do you pay for pointless threads?

If so feel free to mail me that gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I agree with you. At this point there is no reason for a server to put in effort to get on top. Wait a linking out, get two links and run straight through all other servers to the top (this is what happens in EU right now) Servers who never had what they needed or even wanted to be a top server are now passing us moving up to the top. It did not happen in 4 years, and now suddenly with 2 stacked linked servers and glicko manipulation and bam servers that did not get the 2 links falls down, or being forced down by being paired with rank 11 and 13 and even though you win that mu by far, you do not gain points, and those 11 and 13 gains a kitten load even though they loose badly (as is ofc expected). Manipulation on the highest level.
This is not what linking was suppose to be. A way to interfere with the matching system and decide who will be the happy two linked server, and who will get the troll link server that is so full of trolls, hate and bad language that you have your chat closed during the whole period you are linked to them and counting days for the server to be removed from your server.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Because of the total lack of transparency in relation to what servers are deemed full and linking. How on earth can Anet justify giving Mag a link? A TI server. I thought maybe they were going to open BG then okay, that might balance out, but nope.

Balance what out? BG is winning the week. They still don’t need a link or to be opened.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Siska.8102

This thread is proof that literacy is not the same as comprehension.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

yup Anet Troll JQ and let Mag get a link lol

anyone tell me why mag link and JQ dont ?

MagPug: coz we are so weak then JQ and need link

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I voted no to 1-up 1-down because of how BORING it’ll make the matchups. So you won T3 and went up to T2, and the people who lost T2 went down to T3…guess what, the T3 server will get steamrolled by T2 and the T2 server will steamroll T3. It’ll become boring fast for a lot of people. It doesn’t help how right now the servers stabilize by the 4th week of linkings (making for better fights).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Here’s why I voted for 1 up 1 down:

The other option might be worse. Imagine a system where you got a piece of ascended gear for winning a match up. Suddenly there’s a reason to win, people will rage more at others for not scouting, disabling, not PPTing. It also encourages server stacking because the real issues of population migration haven’t been solved.

I think it would be the final straw for me if rewards were given out for winning skirmishes and match ups. A better system would be to reward participation regardless of winning.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Neither of the two options were particularly palatable for many of the reasons mentioned here.

1-up-1-down: Ugly matches all over the place. Steamrolling in virtually every tier.
Skirmish rewards: Even more player stacking, leading to ANet having to interfere more and more to make things even semi-balanced.

I used to be a huge proponent of 1-up-1-down, a few years ago. Back then pops were large enough to handle this, but now? Uh uh. The only way adding skirmish rewards makes any kind of sense is if they were willing to kill transfers after new links were made, and ANet won’t kill that golden goose.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

i vote yes for “Server-linking” last year

but my home Server Blackgate have no "server-linking "

i dont believe Anet anymore.

They just focus 2017 DLC now

who care us ?

To be honest? I think they are stringing a lot of players along with these false hope wvw polls to get you to keep playing.

There really doesn’t seem to be a concrete plan or future for this mode. They’ll take what they can get at this point, and if that includes giving the illusion they are “doing something” to get gems from transfers, they’ll do it with little effort ever put in the long run.

It’s the new future thinking of devs and gaming companies, milk players as much as you can and put little effort into your art. People wonder why the mmo gaming market is predicted to keep falling over the next few years. It’s companies like anet that are buying into this one shot one kill idea and miss the big picture of having a loyal fan base. Then they sit there and cry about “we don’t know what the players want!” to the point we have to tell them how to do their jobs with examples like polls. They should be the masterminds and creative ones, not us.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Here’s why I voted for 1 up 1 down:

The other option might be worse. Imagine a system where you got a piece of ascended gear for winning a match up. Suddenly there’s a reason to win, people will rage more at others for not scouting, disabling, not PPTing. It also encourages server stacking because the real issues of population migration haven’t been solved.

I think it would be the final straw for me if rewards were given out for winning skirmishes and match ups. A better system would be to reward participation regardless of winning.

Plot twist, they make it so whoever LOSES the Skirmish gets the best rewards. It wouldn’t be able to fail, because people who want to win matches won’t go along with losing a skirmish, and those who want to will be incentivized to transfer to lower pop servers for their awesome loot.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Me personally voted 1 up 1 down. I am tried of dealing with the overpowered low risk high reward zergling playstyle. Constaintly being out manned and can’t do kitten for 2 months unless I decide to buy more gems and transfer servers…. again. 1 up 1 down would have at least giving us some breaks in between being completely out manned and out zerged by map queued zergling servers, versus our bare-bones server.

Found my self transferring servers twice in the last 30 days due to unfavorable condition with in the two servers.

Had to make a choice again, buy gems to transfer servers for the third time in less then 30 days. Or resubscribe to another MMO and play it’s version of WvW there, and just play GW2 with my PvE guild every now and then in PvE land.

I already go out of GW2 for my sPvP action for over the better part of 3 or 4 months now. I guess I’m going to have do the same for my WvW fix. Oh well at least there is PvE in this game right? Oh yeah and I forgot, there’s fashion wars as well.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in WvW

Siska.8102

I really couldn’t care less about rewards for wvw. I actually find the reward track, outside of the Halloween one annoying. Halloween is basically a gold track and who can refuse a 20 slot bag. The rest tho, just chests of kitten popping up non-stop while I’m trying to battle. Those and the kitten announcements of some irrelevant camp/tower capture obscuring my screen.

Lime most wvw players there are at least half a dozen things I’d rather vote to have them work on than what they’ve chosen to prioritize. Drastically reducing or removing damage to players from siege would go a long way towards getting wvw back on track IMO. Ands that’s just the low hanging fruit on the list.

But honestly the polls are just a way to give anet a false sense of approval for game development in wvw. There’s not really any good ideas coming out of them. Mostly players get an opportunity to try to vote against or troll the really really bad ones.