Why Maguuma... what's in it for me???

in WvW

Posted by: Cufflink.3985

Cufflink.3985

Maguuma does have some very good players, which helps counter our severe lack of off-prime time numbers.

And we have some kittens like me, who will get a group of several guildies and spread misery and let slip the dogs of war, just for the lulz. Just make sure you like irreverent humor if you come here!

Edit: If you know what sort of havoc a pure shortbow thief can wreck, PLEASE COME! We need some more of these fine (and totally balanced, I swear!) players to join us!

(edited by Cufflink.3985)

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

Phoenixfudge: Sorry to say, but I can think of two reasons why we’d be camping you.

The first is that WvW is an open PvP world, and the rewards you gain for completing that jumping puzzle awards you with free siege you can later use against us. It’s a legitimate strategy to deny enemies access to the jumping puzzles, in which case you’ll either have to come back later or bring reinforcements with you.

The second is simply because Maguuma wants revenge on Dragonbrand. You were our first week long match-up awhile back along with Tarnished Coast and you had destroyed us both, so many of us are glad for the opportunity to take revenge.

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

I can agree that we have a few well established leaders on Mumble, OPey and JerkJerk being the two main ones plus a few other Commanders as well. Our tactics change to suit the situation, be it a blitz to sweep the whole map quickly, a more slow and steady expansion, or hunkering down and turning a few select locations into impenetrable fortresses. Admittedly there have been a few strategies that have made me tilt my head, but generally we are pretty coordinated most of the time.

If you’re vocal and know what you’re doing you may very well find yourself in a position you can be giving orders in, despite the lack of an icon or guild backing.

Our tactics tend to be a bit democratic in nature as well, as our Commanders are very open to suggestions and often incorporate them into current strategy.

I myself have been in a Sub-command/Lieutenant type position leading smaller teams on the other side of the map. I’ve Commanded the map on occasion too, although I feel I don’t do very well at the position despite a few people stating the contrary. I guess it’s a confidence issue as I’m still rather uncomfortable being responsible for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Spacedad.2841

Spacedad.2841

To the SoS members trolling here – we would appreciate it if your server would refrain from posting in this thread unless you are here to express interest in joining us. Your server is winning handily against us – if your intention is to demonstrate the base hypocrisy of individual members of your server, so be it. However, I would advise maguuma members in this thread in the future to not feed the trolls. They do not represent or speak for the conduct and maturity level of the SoS server, nor do they understand the community of Maguuma. Please report such posting to the moderators of these forums so that they may be hopefully deleted.

Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

To the SoS members trolling here – we would appreciate it if your server would refrain from posting in this thread unless you are here to express interest in joining us. Your server is winning handily against us – if your intention is to demonstrate the base hypocrisy of individual members of your server, so be it. However, I would advise maguuma members in this thread in the future to not feed the trolls. They do not represent or speak for the conduct and maturity level of the SoS server, nor do they understand the community of Maguuma. Please report such posting to the moderators of these forums so that they may be hopefully deleted.

Thank you.

Fair enough, I was possibly a little over descriptive with my comments and reacted somewhat rashly to your bagging of my server (SoS). I think that many of you will understand that server pride plays a large part for any committed player. While I understand that you are currently matched against us (for the second week in a row) it did irk me somewhat to see that all of the examples that were toted out, were at the expense of sos.

Were this a private thread, I would never have been aware of it or reacted to it. What you do in your privacy is entirely up to you, but when you drag it out onto a public server and paint a one-sided picture of the true nature of another server, then I think you need to be accepting of any criticisms that result. Especially when you are extorting about how nice/friendly etc your own server is. It reminds me of a politician telling the public how clean / legitimate he/she is while doing backroom deals to slander their opposition.

So, yes, I got riled up and defended my server Such is life.

Now, one last comment in response to Rhyis.7058 suggestion that I had written a long post bagging Maguuma, I can only say that if you re-read the post you will notice that most of the original post was in fact praising the behaviour of the Maguuma players I have run across / interacted with, praising your servers tactical and strategic ability, and basically saying what I have said in the previous paragraphs in a slightly less diplomatic fashion. All of which elicited a response which avoided 90% of the original post. If this is your idea of a rebuttal, then I’m afraid you missed the point entirely.

(edited by Guild Wars Fan.3249)

in WvW

Spacedad.2841

Thank you for being civil – we would appreciate it if you exited the thread however instead of carrying on a ‘debate’ in our recruitment thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Various Meat Products.4371

Various Meat Products.4371

Let it be known that tonight, a brave band of 25 Maguumans held our garrison, the last non-SoS controlled location on the entirety of the WvW map, for well over two hours. We held our ground against the weight of the entire SoS zerg, during Oceanic prime time, with their side at maximum capacity. Wave after wave of green invaders crashed upon the walls of our keep, only to be cut down by our stalwarts. And though we eventually fell, we did so in a blaze of glory (and copious amounts of loot bags).

Our heroic last stand, against a force four times the size of our own, was possible due to our powers of communication and strategy. We operated as a unit, rather than a mob. And we had a hell of a lot of fun.

When you have nothing left to lose, there is everything to gain. Maguuma forever.

in WvW

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Thank you for being civil – we would appreciate it if you exited the thread however instead of carrying on a ‘debate’ in our recruitment thread.

Fair enough, I cannot argue with that. This is on the understanding of course that others posting here realise that if they do not want debate in the thread, that the simplest solution, is to not make statements that elicit debate

Again, apologies for the ‘trolling’ and good luck, you guys do have a great server and community.

in WvW

Posted by: Groggy.4761

Groggy.4761

Recruitment threads belong here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Basho.5936

Basho.5936

Unless I’m mistaken, this is recruiting for a server’s WvW, not a specific guild.

I’m considering moving over to Maguuma for the WvW. The main thing holding me back is not knowing what the PVE population is like. How easy is it to get pug dungeon runs, how big the crowds are in Orr, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

Good luck to you guys! History has taught me that running into an unfairly out numbered situation really pulls your server together and shows you who’s your core members.

Flame wars on this forums aside, my experiences with real Mag players in game shows that they do have a wonderful community and great players (Jerk Jerk and his goon preaching and 10 min long 1v1 duel with Dane Wildling have been highlights for me this week).

Hope your recruitment efforts pay off and hope to see you again in the future.

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kendu Kuzal.3985

Kendu Kuzal.3985

I’m a low level (41) WvWvW participant on Maguuma. I had my first real taste of how it’s done on my home server last night and I can say I’m totally proud, and excited about what lies ahead for me and the rest of my Maguuma brethren. I haven’t felt that sense of community in a long while in any game. The tactics were great, and communication was flowing. It probably left a bigger impression on me being as it’s my first time doing WvWvW in GW2, but I was a big time DAoC and WAR player as well.

I can attest (even though this has always been my home server), that coming to Maguuma wouldn’t be a mistake for anyone. Great sense of community, great and friendly people, more pride than you can shake a stick at and a determined group that I’d pit against anyone. We have FUN too! No matter what!

in WvW

Posted by: Eicherjw.3926

Eicherjw.3926

Two WvWers walk into a bar. One is from Maguuma, and one is from SoS. The Bartender asks them what they want to drink.

The Maguuma man says “Give me a beer. Today has been hard. We fight endless battle against endless enemies. We know not fear, we shall not falter, and we don’t know when to quit. It wears us down, but not out. Tomorrow we pick up our swords again to fight the endless fight, and leave our mark on this world. Real victory is in the legacy you leave behind, not the land that soaks up that blood.”

The SoS man says “Give me a wine cooler. Strawberry.”

Need more be said? Come have a beer with Maguuma, and enjoy victory and legend being built. Don’t be the guy holding the wine cooler.

I do love a good wine cooler…..

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Good luck on your recruitment. Just please stop doing it with our dragon timers :P

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

It’s kind of sad how little effort you put into your posts…haven’t you noticed that literally every server has posted recruitment threads in this forum? What is your problem with this thread? According to your post history, you’re on Maguuma.

Unless I’m mistaken, this is recruiting for a server’s WvW, not a specific guild.

I’m considering moving over to Maguuma for the WvW. The main thing holding me back is not knowing what the PVE population is like. How easy is it to get pug dungeon runs, how big the crowds are in Orr, etc.

Not gonna lie, it doesn’t really sound like many of us in this thread know. Heck, I have a level 80 and I still haven’t done a dungeon yet, because I spend all of my time in WvW. If you want my advice, you should just come check it out for awhile. If the PvE isn’t enough for you, you can always go back. I don’t think you necessarily want to make a decision solely on other peoples’ opinions anyway. See it for yourself!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: fadswaffer.5140

fadswaffer.5140

Hey! I’m from Maguuma and I love the WvW group. Also to those who are concerned about the PvE portion, there’s a lot of NA primetime coverage for dragons, and if there’s not, go to LA and spam, and people WILL show up, I promise. Also, if you’re afraid nobody will be able to help you out for a dungeon, do what I did, I joined a guild for my PvE part of the game, (soon to be wvw also), and I can join a dungeon team anytime. And for WvWvW I can just hop onto mumble and join a raiding party, no guild required whatsoever for WvW maguuman style.

[PYRO] MAGUUMA
Necromancer | Warrior
NO TEARS ONLY DREAMS

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Now, one last comment in response to Rhyis.7058 suggestion that I had written a long post bagging Maguuma, I can only say that if you re-read the post you will notice that most of the original post was in fact praising the behaviour of the Maguuma players I have run across / interacted with, praising your servers tactical and strategic ability, and basically saying what I have said in the previous paragraphs in a slightly less diplomatic fashion. All of which elicited a response which avoided 90% of the original post. If this is your idea of a rebuttal, then I’m afraid you missed the point entirely.

With the exception of a single sentence, your entire post was negative towards Mag. Don’t pretend you’re the one taking the high road when your words are there for all to read, it isn’t going to fly. This is a recruitment thread, stop kittening it up.

in WvW

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

With the exception of a single sentence, your entire post was negative towards Mag. Don’t pretend you’re the one taking the high road when your words are there for all to read, it isn’t going to fly. This is a recruitment thread, stop kittening it up.

I’d happily debate this with you, but have been asked nicely not to keep doing so in this thread. As previously mentioned, people are making this very difficult by dragging it out even more. I disagree with your statement above and can readily point out to you how it is not negative to Mag as a whole, but rather negative towards specific individuals – don’t make the mistake of thinking you are the whole of Mag, when plainly you are not. If something I said offends you, then by all means call me on it as a personal insult. To attempt to garner support by suggesting I think all of Mag is like that is ludicrous given I specifically state otherwise.

Arrgg…there I go debating. My apologies.

in WvW

Posted by: Kendu Kuzal.3985

Kendu Kuzal.3985

No more debates. Just Guuuuuuuma Love.

in WvW

Posted by: Kong.4035

Kong.4035

I joined Maguuma last night after being discouraged with the lack of teamwork and communication on the Dragonbrand server and was pleasantly surprised! The guys on the Mumble server were doing a great job of organizing the group and keeping the communication lines open between the parties and we made quite a bit of progress with fewer numbers of people vs SOS and Dragonbrand.

I can’t say enough about the great time I had running with you guys and gals last night and look forward to building a better server with you! BTW, I may be bringing our whole guild over from Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Kong, I want to thank you and the other guilds I have been speaking to that have transferred to or are trial-running Maguuma. We’ve felt your presence on our fields so far; I was leading supply camp groups in the morning and suddenly something that was too coordinated to be called a zerg amassed behind me. Before I know it we’ve taken most of the keeps twice and we’ve put the biggest dent into SoS we’ve made yet:

http://i.imgur.com/G0szS.jpg

Stick with us and you’ll never have to worry about those population bubbles that put the stock market to shame when we make it big.

I also want to give a shoutout to how awesome the Maguuma crew has been recently. I’ve led forces two times now, and both times I don’t have to do very much leading because, well, everyone already knows what to do. I’ve never seen any sort of player mass in a video game that can quickly split tasks and regroup, break into squads and take patrols, or do other complicated maneuvers with such cohesion.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

(edited by zastari.1730)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

SFD doesn’t get a lot of recognition but kudos to them for coming up with creative tactics. None of which I will outline in this post but boy are they effective.

Plus I heard they all have sparkling teeth.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Whoa,

I just realized there’s a good chance that we’ll be matched up against DB again next week if DH continues to wreck kitten. If you’re a DB guild, hold off transferring for a week if we get matched up, it’s been a really fun fight when we’ve trawled through the green mass enough to find you!

Also, note that this is the exact opposite of what the Sea of Sorrows immigrants from your server did when they left. This is why we are awesome and they are clowns.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: piffey.6253

piffey.6253

Maguuma — because we have Tsarazi riding his Lollerskates of Pwning across the map and spreading red all morning for the CST crowd.

Today’s pudding proof:
http://imgur.com/a/p5Eod#0

Great leadership, great teamwork, hilarious antics, and good times. That’s Maguuma. When we stole that keep out from under Dragonbrand today I lawled buckets.

Also, we breed our own yaks so they’re stronger and faster than any other server. Proof — chieftain of our genetically superior yak farming:
http://i.imgur.com/rVo2z.jpg

Piffey (Eng), Guyon Abuffalo (Rang), Charrbarella (Guard), Quaggan Gin (Mes)
Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Is that a yak prostate exam or what?

in WvW

Posted by: JackJack.2478

JackJack.2478

mag mumble server such fun! Nowadays even if I don’t have time to wvw I still hop on mumble while eating/working/sleeping just to listen to you guys

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

mag mumble server such fun! Nowadays even if I don’t have time to wvw I still hop on mumble while eating/working/sleeping just to listen to you guys

Somebody find the Barry White mumble clone for this man immediately.

in WvW

Posted by: Abacap.3586

Abacap.3586

I’m on Maguuma and I had no idea about the mumble server..see you guys there!

in WvW

Posted by: Arforyon.1746

Arforyon.1746

We usually talk about in the map or team chat so everyone that just joined server or that is trying out wvw knows that we have a mumble going on.

[Maguuma]
Thoros Myr – Level 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: IdeoPraxist.3519

IdeoPraxist.3519

I took a break from WvW today because I played so much yesterday and paid for it today (not much sleep).

Tomorrow I will be back fighting against the SoS hordes with the mighty Maguuma crew.

in WvW

Spacedad.2841

Recruitment efforts to find dedicated and loyal guilds have been more successful than anticipated – more news as it develops. Can’t talk now, smashing a gate.

in WvW

Posted by: Profanity.8016

Profanity.8016

/Bump cuz maguuma is awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: Kong.4035

Kong.4035

BTW, I would set and change the mumble password frequently or even daily to keep spies out. In my opinion, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal for us to have to ask for the new password in team chat and would keep the tactics to ourselves

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I disagree, at least for now. I think we generally don’t care too much about spies. We really are trying to get a lot of people into Mumble and changing the password a lot would be annoying, even if it’s not really that hard to change. Besides, spies can just as easily transfer servers to get the password, right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Profanity.8016

Profanity.8016

We’re not scared of spies in the least bit. Chances are, they will see how much more fun we are having on maguuma , and xfer here for life…

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

There is no password to change.

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

…Typed what Profanity had verbatim; guess that proves how scared we are of spies

Spys are encouraged to join the mumble

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

(edited by ViperWire.4261)

in WvW

Posted by: IdeoPraxist.3519

IdeoPraxist.3519

A few guilds transferred over to Maguuma to join the fun. From what they told us, they are quite happy with the challenge.

We can reasonably control two maps now for most of the day.

A few more guilds would certainly be busy with the other maps.

/SalesPitch

in WvW

Posted by: AioKit.3749

AioKit.3749

But wait, there’s more!

Act now, and we’ll throw in a complete collection of Heroes of the Charr action figures! If you have to wait in the queue for your WvWvW fix, why just stand there when you can have your very own Rytlock action figure doing battle with a duck! … Do we have ducks in game?

Anyways, come on over if you’ve not already visited Maguuma. Lots of interesting people, odd characters and tonnes of determination! There’s mumble, lots of people more than willing to help WvWvW novices out, and a real sense of community. Haven’t felt this good about my server since the days of DAoC, Percival Server (Go Hibernia!). Did I mention action figures?

Sraru – Lvl 80 Guardian [Illusion] – Maguuma
Femcharr
Denmother

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

And miniature Maguuma flags.

in WvW

saiyr.3071