Why all the complaints against Northern Shiverpeaks!?

in WvW

Posted by: YPC.6349

YPC.6349

It’s not about the money and it is not about the population either.

We fought Anvil rock and lost earlier when Ascendence left our server and we had not begun organizing our own Alliance. We had no organization and lost because of it.

Today, we still have no ques or very short ques. Our populations are similar and the gold we use to upgrade often comes out of singular people and guilds pockets. I know our upgraded in Os spent over 10 gold of his own money upgrading this week alone. The rest is gotten by shouting and from our allied guilds, but often, it is singular entities giving the gold. We aren;t any “Richer” than you, certain people just care more about defense.

As for populations, all servers cap at the same number and sometimes our maps aren’t even full. Northern Shiverpeaks is actually one of the 3 medium Population servers.

We recently have stepped up our game after falling to the 3rd to last spot by organizing and taking charge with allied guilds.

Ever Since Ascendence came, pushed out many pvp guilds with long que times (4-6 hours sometimes) and left, we have gone through some steep inclines. Soon enought he servers will balance out based on the skill and organization of the players. (Not their money or their populations.)

The server queue published by Mike shows NSP should be at least the 10th to 15th in term of WvW populated. It should be easily at 4th to 5th tier because the population difference in 6th and 7th tier are huge. It is not only “no queue” in these world, it is even empty. And if you guy are skilled, NSP should even be fighting on 3rd tier. But instead NSP go straight from Henge to Kaineng. So far no other server did worse than that.

(edited by YPC.6349)

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

You sir, weren’t paying attention at all to what she said lol

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

First, it’s not medium population (take a look on prime time, hasn’t been medium since they added 3 new servers), but “server population” doesn’t mean much, “how many people you have in WvW” means more.

In NSPs last matchup it had 75-80% of the total force, also shown by queues. (Transfers can skew this up)

In this matchup it looks like it has about 50%+ looking at the previous queues. (We’ll see after the next queue release)

It appears to be another “bye”.

You can zerg in the worst way and win, that can’t be fun! I hope you get better matchups soon to put that organization to the test!

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

And we agree Mug

in WvW

Posted by: MATT THE OWNER.7412

MATT THE OWNER.7412

I think lots of us don’t actually understand what happened with our server that put is in the current position, so let me briefly (hopefully briefly at least) explain as to what happened to our server.

First, as everyone seems to be aware of, we were occupied by Ascension Alliance [AA] near the beginning of the game’s launch and they pushed us near the top of the WvW bracket. Then, Ascension Alliance left due to queue times to another server. Therefore, this destroyed our organization and left us in the top bracket with nothing. So, we had to suffer, just like the servers right now, and watch ourselves get pummeled into the ground by massive score differences for many of the 24h matches because we literally had no numbers and no organization.

Near the end of the 24h matches, we have a new alliance from what I understand by the name of [HOPE] made of many organized WvW central guilds because we don’t like following the zerg and want to get our server organized and back into the game.

What we didn’t expect was Angry Army [AA] from Henge of Denravi server to storm in and increase our zerg numbers by huge amounts and put us into a different population bracket. This happened during the first day of the 1 week long matches. This also caused our WvW matches now to skew so they are no longer balanced by population and now we have to work our way back up to the bracket that we belong in.

So, you guys have fallen victim to two positive (some may argue this) events for NS at the same time, and that’s very unfortunate, but please understand that we cannot control guilds of 500+ transferring to our server because of queue times.

Bottom line, we suffered though some tough matches, and you guys will have to do the same. It’s just a very unfortunate situation for all of us bottom bracket servers at the moment.

Its A Conspiracy Theory™ – Northern Shiverpeaks – IGN: Matt The Owner

(edited by MATT THE OWNER.7412)

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

Lets make this clear…. Angry Army has little to do with why we are doing so well atm. I have a few friends in AA and I ask them how many at any given time are in WvW… the numbers are few.

Did them moving to the server help.. yes it did. It brought a TON of people, but at the same time these people are low lvl and aren’t in WvW that much.

When i’m in EB i’m constantly looking to see what guilds are around. I rarely see AA

in WvW

MATT THE OWNER.7412

Lets make this clear…. Angry Army has little to do with why we are doing so well atm. I have a few friends in AA and I ask them how many at any given time are in WvW… the numbers are few.

Did them moving to the server help.. yes it did. It brought a TON of people, but at the same time these people are low lvl and aren’t in WvW that much.

When i’m in EB i’m constantly looking to see what guilds are around. I rarely see AA

I didn’t actually know that since I’m constantly in different borderlands with my guild, but all they really gave us was numbers. I’ve heard many people say that they weren’t helping, so thank you for mentioning that as well, knew I forgot something in my ramble. I figured I would mention Angry Army in case someone tried to bring up that in a future argument. But thanks for clarifying that issue.

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

:D <3 Its cool. We have nothing against AA.. We just dont want people to think that NSP is formed around AA. Because this is not true

in WvW

MATT THE OWNER.7412

Yep yep, I know exactly where your coming from. Most of the work being done is coming from organized guilds, like it should be, instead of zerging around the map (I think Windmoor mentioned something like this earlier in the thread). I do want people to understand that as well, because I see lots of confusion earlier in the thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

I see similar numbers in WvW at prime time. In fact, I have had moments where 10 people in a fort are defending against 30 anvil rock outside. Lately it has been me at a supply camp watching anvil rock do their supply camp loop (Ignoring towers that could be easily taken in about 5 minutes with the 30 people there)

I have also seen anvil rock full force with siege equipment and all. In fact, on the first day, we were tied and anvil rock even pulled ahead, but many of us, even with jobs and school, stayed up all night to night-cap everything. Yes the numbers at night were in fact lower, but our numbers are generally lower at night as well. Why is the World vs. World participation lower on other servers? Possibly lack of morale and organization, something we have been building in the last few weeks after the crash when Ascendence left.

My point is, I have seen large numbers, our groups HAVE been outnumbered at times and still continue to be. There is also the fact that there are many times that FC and Anvil both attack our forts all at once, leaving us with half the numbers against the enemies. We develop ways of taking things back, as should the other servers eventually.

Numbers are not the problem here. Often we are fighting both servers at once, being the leading team and holders of SM.

It’s about organization, server morale, and cooperation.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: YPC.6349

YPC.6349

I think lots of us don’t actually understand what happened with our server that put is in the current position, so let me briefly (hopefully briefly at least) explain as to what happened to our server.

First, as everyone seems to be aware of, we were occupied by Ascension Alliance [AA] near the beginning of the game’s launch and they pushed us near the top of the WvW bracket. Then, Ascension Alliance left due to queue times to another server. Therefore, this destroyed our organization and left us in the top bracket with nothing. So, we had to suffer, just like the servers right now, and watch ourselves get pummeled into the ground by massive score differences for many of the 24h matches because we literally had no numbers and no organization.

Near the end of the 24h matches, we have a new alliance from what I understand by the name of [HOPE] made of many organized WvW central guilds because we don’t like following the zerg and want to get our server organized and back into the game.

What we didn’t expect was Angry Army [AA] from Henge of Denravi server to storm in and increase our zerg numbers by huge amounts and put us into a different population bracket. This happened during the first day of the 1 week long matches. This also caused our WvW matches now to skew so they are no longer balanced by population and now we have to work our way back up to the bracket that we belong in.

So, you guys have fallen victim to two positive (some may argue this) events for NS at the same time, and that’s very unfortunate, but please understand that we cannot control guilds of 500+ transferring to our server because of queue times.

Bottom line, we suffered though some tough matches, and you guys will have to do the same. It’s just a very unfortunate situation for all of us bottom bracket servers at the moment.

I am sorry that I miss the Angry Army part. That make some sense now. Before that what we think about NSP is, well, not some nice words you want to hear again and again. As of HOPE, winning in bottom two tier with such WvW pop and some off-hour crew won’t prove you anything. Anyway, Good luck and hope we won’t see you guy again.

BTW, one thing I don’t understand is why you guy still stay on NSP. It is tainted with so many bad names (coat-tail leftover, cavalier :P). And there are so many alternative world to start over. Is there any particular reason you stay?

(edited by YPC.6349)

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

If we leave here.. who will stay? We already been abandoned once. Its not a good feeling.

We got something good going on finally and we feel pretty good about it. Some of us have been working SO HARD getting some organization going again.

This is only the beginning for us I feel We will get out of this “tainted state”

in WvW

MATT THE OWNER.7412

I am sorry that I miss the Angry Army part. That make some sense now. Before that what we think about NSP is, well, not some nice words you want to hear again and again. As of HOPE, winning in bottom two tier with such WvW pop and some off-hour crew won’t prove you anything. Anyway, Good luck and hope we won’t see you guy again.

BTW, one thing I don’t understand is why you guy still stay on NSP. It is tainted with so many bad names (coat-tail leftover, cavalier :P). And there are so many alternative world to start over. Is there ant particular reason you stay?

Well, I can’t speak for anyone else, but the reason I stayed personally is because I picked this server and have a sense of loyalty to it, and I couldn’t even think about leaving the server after we started getting pummeled after Ascension Alliance left. I wanted to help the server I chose at the beginning instead of running away to a top server like I know some people did. I would rather win by working my way to the top by something I can be a part of instead of just being at the top with no work involved.

I guess it’s a sense of just wanting to work back up the chain here because we’ve seen all these guilds and players just get up and leave for different reasons and I personally want to stay and bring our server back up the roster. Why didn’t we chose another server? As I said earlier, it was really just an unfortunate series of events and why go to another server when there’s a problem needing to be fixed right where we are?

Also, I understand that winning against bottom tier guilds isn’t a great accomplishment, but it’s a start considering what we’ve been through and where we started at. We’re working on it, because we still have a long way to go before we even come close to the top. We might not even make it, I don’t know yet, it’s too early to tell. Anything can happen from what I’ve seen at this point.

I do respect the servers that are respecting us and our situation and I’m very sorry for you guys (Anvil Rock, Ferguson’s Crossing, Kaineng, Devona’s Rest) that are on the receiving end of all this madness. Good luck to you guys in future brackets and in WvW this current week!

If we leave here.. who will stay? We already been abandoned once. Its not a good feeling.

We got something good going on finally and we feel pretty good about it. Some of us have been working SO HARD getting some organization going again.

This is only the beginning for us I feel We will get out of this “tainted state”

Basically this. Way shorter version of what I just said. I should just leave the replying to you

(edited by MATT THE OWNER.7412)

in WvW

Toble.2968

We have good que times, a great community, an awesome set of guilds and an alliance. why would we want to leave? Just because you don’t like us because we picked up the pieces and built something doesn’t mean we have to hate that something and leave it.

Os guild has been on this server since the beginning and we have put up with the 6 hour ques and we have put up with having 15 people in WvW. We have seen much of the experience/karma buff because we had so little people. We never sat around and complained.

We did something about it, and we are very proud.

We have had many of our alliance members working night and day on building a community and the hate we see toward it is just sad. It’s not our fault that your server is still developing.

That would be like Myanmar hating China for developing faster and dominating more of the Asian economy for the time being.

We are working hard for success and we are gaining it.

Maybe consider putting together a community of your own and get WvW participation back up like we did.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: Windmoor.9834

Windmoor.9834

I’ll admit, I and Blackout [BLO] did faulter. It was over a week after AA left us to die. I was in the Red Boarderlands everyday and night trying to orginize us, but to no avail. I spent over 20g in siege during this period, only to watchit time and again get destroyed because the zerg never had supply. That’s all anyone thought to do, run around in 1 big pack of mindlessness.

It was heart breaking to finally come to the decission to leave. But it was not just me that got fed up, it was my whole guild. We never truely recovered from that. I still have a hard time getting guildies to enter WvW. After less then a week on a new server, we decided that our recruitment opertunities were pretty much dead with so many other bigger guild names, so we came home. Recruitment is still hard, but we are happier in NSP

I will continue to be in there orginizing, and teaching when needed. Other times, watch for that little group not in plain sight, you just might see the [BLO] tag. And if you see a ranger with said tag…bring more then 5 to kill him, you’ll need it…lol

Don’t fear the unknown, CONQUER IT!!!

in WvW

MATT THE OWNER.7412

I’ll admit, I and Blackout [BLO] did faulter. It was over a week after AA left us to die. I was in the Red Boarderlands everyday and night trying to orginize us, but to no avail. I spent over 20g in siege during this period, only to watchit time and again get destroyed because the zerg never had supply. That’s all anyone thought to do, run around in 1 big pack of mindlessness.

It was heart breaking to finally come to the decission to leave. But it was not just me that got fed up, it was my whole guild. We never truely recovered from that. I still have a hard time getting guildies to enter WvW. After less then a week on a new server, we decided that our recruitment opertunities were pretty much dead with so many other bigger guild names, so we came home. Recruitment is still hard, but we are happier in NSP

I will continue to be in there orginizing, and teaching when needed. Other times, watch for that little group not in plain sight, you just might see the [BLO] tag. And if you see a ranger with said tag…bring more then 5 to kill him, you’ll need it…lol

I was very sad to see you leave temporarily for those few days too, that event alone almost made me have second thoughts about what I was going to do, but I stuck to my own guns for this one, and I was very glad when I received news that your guild had returned, because you guys in [BLO] are really the sneakiest strike team I’ve ever seen. We all make mistakes, I’m just glad you guys are back now.

Also, I think this is a good time to thank all of those guilds helping Northern Shiverpeaks out by organizing and taking objectives strategically, you guys are doing a great job and I want you guys to keep up the good work! Major props to those guys that are shelling out their hard-earned gold for equipment and upgrades as well.

in WvW

Posted by: wdspeck.8723

wdspeck.8723

As they said, I’m staying because I love the idea of us working our way up the ladders now that we have our kitten together. It’s a weird since of nerdy pride lol

Westleyy – Ranger Lanan – Thief
Northern Shiverpeaks
Argonauts of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: gladiator.5367

gladiator.5367

A lot of of stayed because we picked NSP independent of Ascension coming here. There are a ton of great guilds here, and the community is great. With the alliance and Wv3 organization coming together beautifully, things are really looking up. I can’t thank those who stuck around enough, and those who came back, and especially those who took the lead, to get things organized on the server. The “pugs” are really a great group of people, and are willing to work together. The server community is truly a thing of wonder, having gone through an incredible optimistic time, to a crashing downturn, to finding something much more beautiful on the other end.

And we do feel bad about what DR, Kaineng, AR, and FC have to go through now. We’re not in our right bracket with our organization, and it’s really unfortunate. Most everyone on NSP wish you guys the best, simply because more Wv3 competition is better for everyone. Hopefully others will realize that and you guys will get a Wv3 community like we’ve gotten too. It really is great (and again, HOPE/Os/TBH/AA/War/everyone on NSP, thank you so much! )

in WvW

Posted by: Raiyn.5397

Raiyn.5397

It comes down to organization and gold. Both of which Anvil Rock doesn’t have. If more people on AR would pop on, organize a small force of 5-10 people, support it with some siege equipment, you’d be surprised what you can do in an hour.

Instead people on AR run around like chickens with their head cut off swinging weapons blindly at keep doors. There is a reason our server is going down the list people, get over it.

Once people have finished their PVE story time and move to the real game things will get better. Until then do the server a favor and educate your fellow players why zerging a keep without bloody siege to support it is a waste of everyones time

Anvil Rocks biggest problem is the horrendous zerg otherwise known as TFO. They clearly have no concept of how WvW works… They run around the map in a circle dropping 3 rams on a gate (that’s 18 silver for every single gate, so the money comment is also voided by them), capping it, and then immediately leaving it completely undefended. I’m not sure if they’re just dumb or trolling that hard, but I think someone should let them know that you don’t get point by capping then losing what you capped 5 minutes later. You have the people in WvW during the day, you just have absolutely no organization whatsoever. That is the primary reason that you guys are losing right now

Limwris
Co-Leader of Os

(edited by Raiyn.5397)

in WvW

MATT THE OWNER.7412

Anvil Rocks biggest problem is the horrendous zerg otherwise known as TFO. They clearly have no concept of how WvW works… They run around the map in a circle dropping 3 rams on a gate (that’s 18 silver for every single gate, so the money comment is also voided by them), capping it, and then immediately leaving it completely undefended. I’m not sure if they’re just dumb or trolling that hard, but I think someone should let them know that you don’t get point by capping then losing what you capped 5 minutes later. You have the people in WvW during the day, you just have absolutely no organization whatsoever. That is the primary reason that you guys are losing right now

I’ve been a witness of this myself, and it’s pretty common I guess this early in the game’s release. People think they can just take a fort and leave it undefended, the defense though is just as important, if not more important than the offense crew that takes the fort. Lots of servers have this issue, and I see this happen on Northern Shiverpeaks pretty often as well. When people start learning that, perhaps the game will change a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

TFO rocks your pink socks!! Don’t question our methods until you understand our reasons.

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

in WvW

Posted by: Kyte.3986

Kyte.3986

I think the bulk of NSP WvWvW’ers were smart in saving our money til it actually mattered (who wants to invest in only 1 day of pvp) :P

Also just a note I love how much NSP is always rezzing. Huge battles can turn around if you get your people up again.

Honestly this is a totally different NSP than it was before, and we and everyone down in the lower brackets just got screwed by something the “math” of the server rankings can’t calculate.

As for hacking and logging off, bots are prevalent in every game and server, do your job to report them to aNet

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Not sure why people complain about population imbalance in a game making it unfair and blaming it on the larger group as the people at fault. What do you want us to do ask people to not Que up and not fight in WvW get a roster up and assign people when they should come to WvW and when they should leave?

I believe the point of WvW + and extra vW is to balance out the population imbalance, the more land you take the thinner your line gets stretched.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: MasterofKhaos.8903

MasterofKhaos.8903

Sure NSP has more numbers than either of the other two servers at night. But I can tell you what sets us apart is the coordination in WvW, even with the PuGs. They listen to reason over map chat, and try to contribute. We even have people leave maps and advertise in LA the need for help if a map is falling into enemy hands.

I regret that [TBH] moved to ET with Ascension originally. Its great to be back home with NSP and the community here.

MasterofKhaos
WvW Leader and Co-leader of [TBH]
Co-Founder of Northern Shiverpeaks Council [NSC]

in WvW

Posted by: Scilleen.9184

Scilleen.9184

TFO is the worst guild ever. After joining them, their only rule was to be in vent while in WvW, fair enough. However, after capturing a keep in a very messy way, the leader demanded everyone to head for the next keep, leaving the one we just got completely empty. I stayed behind in the keep while I made myself some dinner, and for that, I was kicked. I think the oldest person in TFO was 14… maybe 15. The vent was full of drama and a whole bunch of teenage guys trying to be funny to the one female voice in vent. My guess is TFO will be gone in a month or two.

“I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.”

-Treebeard

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

haha, thats pretty funny

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

As a Guild Leader of one of the top 3 Guilds from NSP that does WvW I do apologize to Kaineng and DR for being quite relentless. I would like to give shout outs for Pain Train, FIST, and SoS from the servers for giving great fights. I am how ever saddened that apparently people think we only zerg. We have many organized guilds that actively seek out objectives as their own while not being over run with pugs.

I know the late night playing can be unfair to the average player. But I am a college student who stayed up until 5:30 AM EST to make sure AR’s foothold in EB was lost. We may not be the greatest server, but we are not meant for this bracket. I wish both servers luck in the future and hope that next time we play it is more fair. It was fun tho in EB last night, but it wasn’t nice that you 2v1’ed us from the start.
————————————

Hello guys,

Just wanted to remark on this comment.

I am the guild leader of SoS and I appreciate the ups, We infact did own the garrison right off the bat, and placed several defences all over the tower. We had guards all over the keep, inculding myself till i had to go to work. I told my team that the only way we could lose this keep, was if we had less people to man the defences. Sure enough I logged on around 5 am, with another member of mine, and it happened. We had about 10 players and you guys just waltz in, destroyed unmaned defences and we kept getting pushed back. Eventually we lost the fully upgraded garrison lol. though we did lose it, we felt proud as a guild that we held our ground. Since then we’ve made every effort to coordinate with our allies to make a counter push, which we eventually tried to do in ferguson operation, however for every 10 i killed, 20 more would show up. We stopped because you guys just kept coming, no matter what we did you guys just simply had the numbers. I return the respect some of you guys have shown us, and say great job on the organized strikes, but you guys are able to have more groups of mindless zerging than us and that’s just a fact.

Darksavage,
Syndicate of Shadows
Leader

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

TFO is the worst guild ever. After joining them, their only rule was to be in vent while in WvW, fair enough. However, after capturing a keep in a very messy way, the leader demanded everyone to head for the next keep, leaving the one we just got completely empty. I stayed behind in the keep while I made myself some dinner, and for that, I was kicked. I think the oldest person in TFO was 14… maybe 15. The vent was full of drama and a whole bunch of teenage guys trying to be funny to the one female voice in vent. My guess is TFO will be gone in a month or two.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but it is completely one-sided an inaccurate. I don’t see why people feel the need to hate on our guild, we are just having fun!

Anvil was getting steam-rolled and we have been making the best of it. Lots of guilds have left for the winning server, but not us. We don’t intend to leave or give up just because things are tough. In fact, we are so dedicated to PvP that, as a guild, we managed to save up the 100 gold needed to make one of our leaders a commander. Now we are saving up to make a second leader a commander as well!

The majority of players in TFO are age 25+, myself and many of the major players being age 30+. This is one of the best groups of players I have ever had the privilege to game with! Our runs are very organized and on point. If you can’t keep up or don’t understand, you will be left behind. You have to be on the ball to run with TFO.

Oh, and as for the lone female voice in vent…I am her. Why are you so butt-hurt over people having a good time? Do you hate fun? The guys are all funny in their own right, most with their own girlfriends/wives (many of whom are also in vent, which you would know if you spent more than fifteen minutes playing with us).

Think about it. We don’t defend keeps because that is not our primary goal. But I don’t have to explain my guild’s tactics to you. If you don’t like it, don’t play with us, no need to slam us on the forums. We aren’t putting anyone else down.

Anyone who would like to join TFO on Anvil Rock, feel free to PM me! Vent is a MUST for pvp. We have a 50 player vent after maxing out the 25, but rest assured we will upgrade if needed!

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

(edited by Rarespawn.6028)

in WvW

Posted by: Samusen.4578

Samusen.4578

If any other server in the world had experienced what we did as a community they to would have large unorganized groups of players massing together to achieve objectives. While all remember that our higher tier of WvWvW players leaving us early on (Ascension Alliance). Many forget that we also lost our middle tier WvWvW players as well. The Mist alliance was the second alliance to form on server, they too left us during the 1st week of AA leaving. All in all we lost 25 Major WvWvW guilds in the course of a week.

By any means our server should be a rolling pile of garbage, it’s not what it deserves but what has happened to it. Our largest WvW guilds only put forth maybe 1/6th of the over all population in WvW at peak time. That means roughly 5/6th’s of our server is uncoordinated, non-communicating and usually following one of our commanders. You are fighting unorganized zergs whom are being hand held by talented commanders and guild leaders. You should be rolling these groups no matter what.

We didn’t ask for; Jim, John and Nancy to all have their own guilds and be casual WvW’ers. It’s what we had left over after our server was abandoned. We make the most of it and we’ve stepped up to over come these obstacles. Not but 2 weeks ago Anvil Rock decimated us, we were on the receiving end of annihilation. Our server is still recovering from it’s own wounds after being abandoned twice.

As for those who don’t understand why guilds stayed behind after both alliances leaving is all but too simple to answer. Anyone can follow those whom are already made, those who are established and built on strong foundations. Most people just want to take the easy route and follow suit behind the biggest and best. But there are those of us who want to build something for ourselves, something in which we can truly be proud of. We’ve worked harder at building our server back in 2 weeks than prolly more than half the servers combined since the creation of the game.

You don’t know what it’s like to login and see people trash talk your own server or have a mass exodus because you’re losing by a margin we still have yet to win by. Now after being pushed down and going to the brink of destruction we made our stand to regain ground. We may not be the best, but we’re striving in great strides. I honestly think we deserve respect instead of constant harassment. But at the end of the day, I am proud of what we have accomplished in such little time.

Honestly there is no place I would rather be than fighting beside my alliance members such as; Os, TBH, Elf, War, GwJ, SoH. I’m so glad of what we have helped the server become. I have no regrets. <3

Commander Samusen – 80 Warrior
Guild Leader of Fat Insecure Neurotic Emotional[FINE]
Resident of Maguuma

(edited by Samusen.4578)

in WvW

wdspeck.8723

^ This guy is a prime example of one of our great Commanders in WvW. In my opinion at least.

Northern Shiverpeaks
Argonauts of Tyria

(edited by wdspeck.8723)

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

/popcorn

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

/hug Sam

in WvW

Posted by: MilkInBags.5136

MilkInBags.5136

With what happened yesterday, I don’t even feel like logging in WvW. I know that NSP isn’t filled with hackers but to lose an orb because of a hack is just a stab in the kidney. Itkitten off pretty much everyone in Anvil Rock. To get crushed because of morning cappers and then losing even more because of a hack… it’s pretty much beating a corpse.

But I insist on the fact that we had a great fight with you all from NSP during the day yesterday. It’s just sad that our effort were destroyed because of a hack.

Isle of Janthir | Defenders of Heroism [Hero] | Elementalist

in WvW

Toble.2968

Samusen, I feel bad that I can not possibly ever articulate our feelings like you can.

You are one FINE guildmaster.

Yes indeed.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: MasterofKhaos.8903

MasterofKhaos.8903

Samusen, I feel bad that I can not possibly ever articulate our feelings like you can.

You are one FINE guildmaster.

Yes indeed.

Haha, I see what you did there

But Sam definitely hit the nail on the head. NSP is now better after facing a ton of adversity. The people here want to be on the server and are dedicated to making a community.

MasterofKhaos
WvW Leader and Co-leader of [TBH]
Co-Founder of Northern Shiverpeaks Council [NSC]

in WvW

Posted by: Bahatsu.4521

Bahatsu.4521

I agree full heartedly. There was a time a few weeks ago people were leaving by the droves. I even had a real life friend beg me to leave and join him on jade Q. because “rome is burning get out while its free to transfer”.

Fact is wvw log ins were 5 hours plus… then once the alliance(s) left all the casual and less than hard core pvpers finally got a chance to make it to WvW… to face Henge… which caused us to lose badly and even more people left…

NS has a fantastic, non whining, we are here for the whole mentality and thats why we have been able to pick ourselves up. When we got stomped by Anvil a week or so ago we didnt come QQ on boards hit our wives/hubbies or quit. We learned from it got organized and this time its a much different story.

/salute NS. see you in wvw.

-Bahatsu [PVP] NS
WvW Officer of PvP Inc.
“There is no shame in finishing second… When it was to me” -Bahatsu

in WvW

Posted by: The Mann.4602

The Mann.4602

I was going to post a well reasoned and thought out response to the latest discussion, but Sam seems to have covered it. NSP has come a long way, with a long way yet to go.

Fiero – 80 Necro

in WvW

MATT THE OWNER.7412

I have to give all my respect to Sam now for making that post above. Well done, it completely sums up everything that needed to be said. Glad to have you here.

in WvW

Raiyn.5397

Honestly there is no place I would rather be than fighting beside my alliance members such as; Os, TBH, Elf, War, GwJ, SoH. I’m so glad of what we have helped the server become. I have no regrets. <3

I expect nothing less from my better half

Limwris
Co-Leader of Os

(edited by Raiyn.5397)

in WvW

Posted by: Kyte.3986

Kyte.3986

I for one love it when the Anvil Rock zerg is taking stuff and then leaving them undefended Makes it more fun for everyone since not everything is blue anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Libalaw.5218

Libalaw.5218

I guess I’ll have my whirl real quick at this post. I’m the Co-Lead for ANV and from what I’ve seen in WvW most of the time, it’s the same thing for defending and attacking. I know there are people who are upset right now because, yes, our server isn’t completely organized yet. There are some problems that have arisen as pointed out by Milkinbags and I harbor no ill will towards NSP or most of the guilds as I do see the organization you all have. As I posted elsewhere, there are some flaws I’ve seen as well, however we all have our pluses and minuses. Should we be in the same bracket? Currently no, we’ve seen some loss on our side as well for people just leaving. It happens, while on this topic though, several AR players will read these forums and they don’t need to see people state the same thing multiple times, such as “We don’t need to be the same bracket”. There’s a level of humility that top ranking players an guilds should use when they completely (for lack of a better word) roflstomp the enemy faction.

The night capping is yes annoying and that’s a numbers game, just need to find the right people who play late and night and get them to lead the numbers. I know on our side we have a big spvp guild and a big pve guild. I know what we have to do to win. It takes time to get people who don’t WvW to get into WvW. Politics…so fun. I read somewhere up top about people being smug and not smug. While it’s probably a moot point being 2 days late, still being smug is stating what’s already known just to rub it in, whether people mean for it or not, it doesn’t need to happen. I understand the ego stroke is needed from time to time, but it’s not neccessary with our current situation.

Anyways I’ll leave it at that, to those NSP guilds doing what they’re doing right now, and the organizational changes you’ve done with the server I give you props, hopefully in the future when we reach the same plateau we will have an even rematch, and maybe some good times.

Sincerely,

Xirilic – Defenders of Heroism (Hero)
Leadership is the capacity to transform vision into reality.

(edited by Libalaw.5218)

in WvW

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

With what happened yesterday, I don’t even feel like logging in WvW. I know that NSP isn’t filled with hackers but to lose an orb because of a hack is just a stab in the kidney. Itkitten off pretty much everyone in Anvil Rock. To get crushed because of morning cappers and then losing even more because of a hack… it’s pretty much beating a corpse.

But I insist on the fact that we had a great fight with you all from NSP during the day yesterday. It’s just sad that our effort were destroyed because of a hack.

whomever it was last night defending the final eastern keep in NSP borderlands, you gave us a hell of fight and put up an amazing defense. even after we bled you guys dry, somehow you still held on for what was about 2hours.

you also need to deliver my respects to whomever was manning your mortars in there. they are one hell of a shot.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in WvW

wdspeck.8723

I read somewhere up top about people being smug and not smug. While it’s probably a moot point being 2 days late, still being smug is stating what’s already known just to rub it in, whether people mean for it or not, it doesn’t need to happen. I understand the ego stroke is needed from time to time, but it’s not neccessary with our current situation.

Had nothing to do with ego, or rubbing anything in. I just gave up on trying to talk to the dude, so I said something that would end the conversation.

Northern Shiverpeaks
Argonauts of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetiepie.9270

Sweetiepie.9270

whomever it was last night defending the final eastern keep in NSP borderlands, you gave us a hell of fight and put up an amazing defense. even after we bled you guys dry, somehow you still held on for what was about 2hours.

you also need to deliver my respects to whomever was manning your mortars in there. they are one hell of a shot.

There were a lot of people from various guilds, but a large part of the people were from TFO. We loved how you all came out to try and stop our usual running around and capping only to move on. We were determined to hold that keep even though we were at the inner circle with most of our walls missing. You gave as good as you got, but we held it!

Fights like that make WvWvW a blast, thank you!

in WvW

Toble.2968

Sam is Gandhi.

Only explanation.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: Samusen.4578

Samusen.4578

Aww @ Toble

Is our hotel room ready? @ Raiyn

Commander Samusen – 80 Warrior
Resident of Maguuma

in WvW

Raiyn.5397

Aww @ Toble

Is our hotel room ready? @ Raiyn

I work at a hotel, it’s always ready.

Limwris
Co-Leader of Os

in WvW

Posted by: Rhase.2047

Rhase.2047

My only beef with NSP is you have a few stray players who like to “beat people when they’re down”, trash talking the losers for daring to fight against them in a horribly hopeless matchup. I know you aren’t ALL like that, but it’s incredibly unsportsmanlike.

in WvW

Posted by: Libalaw.5218

Libalaw.5218

My only beef with NSP is you have a few stray players who like to “beat people when they’re down”, trash talking the losers for daring to fight against them in a horribly hopeless matchup. I know you aren’t ALL like that, but it’s incredibly unsportsmanlike.

While I agree with you, this isn’t just NSP, this is everywhere. There will always be that select few people who do it, the challenge is for guilds within the servers to try to keep that under control as much as possible, which could be a full time job in itself.

Xirilic – Defenders of Heroism (Hero)
Leadership is the capacity to transform vision into reality.

in WvW

wdspeck.8723

While I agree with you, this isn’t just NSP, this is everywhere. There will always be that select few people who do it.

Exactly. People do that everywhere. Just yesterday I got ambushed by 3 dudes and when I died, they started “/me”-ing various things like “spits on body” and “teabags body” and stuff.

To me, tactics like teaming up on one person, or camping around corners in Halo with a sword, or camping hallways in CoD, or any of those kinda cheapkitten tactics, should never be followed up with “suck it, you got owned”-type gestures.

Northern Shiverpeaks
Argonauts of Tyria

(edited by wdspeck.8723)