Why am I buying Superior Siege with Proofs?

in WvW

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

This is the one thing I don’t get. If every character had separate WvW XP bars, then it’d make sense for Heroic Proofs to be Soulbound. But now that I have Masteries, the only point to Heroic Proofs is for superior siege. It’s annoying if I log off on a character for the night, anticipating that he’s going to get enough Heroic Proofs for something, only to log on the next day, feel like playing a different character, accidentally level up the WXP bar, and now that characters has a number of Heroic Proofs that isn’t enough for the superior siege I was saving up for.

Too many things in WvW are character bound instead of account bound in the first place, but this is the biggest annoyance for me.

Call me Smith.

in WvW

Posted by: WDring.4703

WDring.4703

Agreed, ANet pls balance

Ochoa

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Well it is called character progression not account progression.. Look at it like this.. PVE’ers have to play each profession to unlock the elites.. They can’t use one toon and farm items to unlock them for other toons..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Apparently having an elite spec without doing a Heart of Thorns hero point train is imbalanced. What’s hilarious is the sheer amount of badges of honor you needed for 25 maguuma scrolls (not proof of heroics since those were basically doubled in droprate from WvW rankup) , compared to the effort involved in getting 25 hero points on a hero point train.

It’s a bit better now that badges of honor requirement was removed. A Gift of Battle is 500 badges ; the hero point scrolls were 1250 badges for 25 hero point scrolls (50/scroll).

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Proven.2854

Well it is called character progression not account progression.. Look at it like this.. PVE’ers have to play each profession to unlock the elites.. They can’t use one toon and farm items to unlock them for other toons..

I agree with this, so long as the currency is only used for a character bound purpose. But now that we can use the currency for superior siege it feels backwards.

Call me Smith.

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I don’t see a problem with Anet wanting you to actually have to play on the profession that you want the elite spec on

in WvW

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

They should not be soulbound, but account bound. At the moment all you need to do is play until your XP bar is close to ticking over, log the character you want these on you, level up, log back to original toon.

This is annoying, may as well make them account bound.

I have fully completed elite specs on 4 toons via wvw (with some hero point roaming on quiet nights).

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

They could if they wanted to before the nerf. Many did, such as myself and several guild mates. I don’t like PvE much and would rather spend my play time in WvW. If PvE players complained SO MUCH about mapping in WvW that it got removed, Anet can throw us WvW players a bone.

Did you but HoT? Make a Revenant? Go through aaaallllll the hearts in all the zones to level him/her up? WHAT?!?! You used TOMES!?! Where’d THOSE come from?!?!?

Same. Freling. Thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

ANet pls balance

Oh god no, don’t utter those 3 words to Anet.

But yea seriously please make them account bound.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Is this really that big of a deal? Someone above said it just right. It’s character progression, not account progression. If you have your masteries unlocked, it takes about 2 hours to get all your elite done in Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and a few left for DS or TD. If not, and you don’t care, take the casual route with WvW. Got your elite unocked? Buy siege and give it to your guild, another guild, or just sell the stuff. Free gold! Hey, somehting that WvWers have been complaining about for years. They listened, and gave us some more rewards.

Jeez.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why not allow the superior siege page of the vendor draw from all proofs on an account the way it was at first? make another page for hero point scrolls and have it draw from only the proofs soulbound to the character.

i mean, as long as theyre gonna just keep them all soulbound for some insane reason… i would like to be able to spend the 1 proof that i have bound to a character i dont/never use for wvw.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

briggah.7910

Most players know its faster to get them in PVE-land. I think the real issue is that you are scared to die to npcs in pve-land.. PVE-land too hard for you wvw’ers. You’d probably die to a bunch of pocket raptors and alt-f4 so they don’t get loot from you. :P

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Proven.2854

People aren’t quite reading my post, so I’ll try it again:

Why am I buying Superior Siege with a soul bound currency? I get there needing to be some type of drain, but this sounds like it’d be a better drain for Memories of Battle, unless you’re waiting on the next WvW tournament for that.

Call me Smith.

in WvW

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

I don’t see a problem with Anet wanting you to actually have to play on the profession that you want the elite spec on

its not about the elite spec its about buying siege

i think its already well know that elite spec is easier done in pve then wvw, just from the first two HoT zones you can unlock 80% of your elite solo,running from one HP to another, without killing a champ, and if you do it with a friend/guild member , you can unlock your whole elite spec in about 1-2 hours. i know it because thats how i unlocked all elite specs on my chars

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

The problem with that is all characters played in WvW are paying into the same pot. If there were separate pots for each toon what you are saying would make sense.

Unfortunately anet devs have decided that the character to get the last point in leveling gets the reward, not the one you actually earned most of the points on. That is because they don’t like you getting rewards on one toon and spending them on another.

The problem isn’t the siege, it’s the exchange of proofs for hero points. They want you to actually use all characters you want to get hero points on from WvW rewards in WvW.

In order to sort that they would have to split the WvW points so you get personal and account leveling at the same time. That would mean time consuming changes when they could be doing other things.

The simplest fix would be for the devs to just quietly make the items account bound, as the chests were when they introduced them. that would mean you could use them on any character. I doubt if they are going to do that.

Most players know its faster to get them in PVE-land. I think the real issue is that you are scared to die to npcs in pve-land.. PVE-land too hard for you wvw’ers. You’d probably die to a bunch of pocket raptors and alt-f4 so they don’t get loot from you. :P

Most WvW players do PvE, they have to. WvW is a money sink, it costs gold to play and the only way to earn enough gold is to farm PvE mobs. Then again, briggah, perhaps you are too frightened you will get totally owned in WvW to step out the door? :P

(edited by Serious.6940)

in WvW

briggah.7910

Most WvW players do PvE, they have to. WvW is a money sink, it costs gold to play and the only way to earn enough gold is to farm PvE mobs. Then again, briggah, perhaps you are too frightened you will get totally owned in WvW to step out the door? :P

hehe nah I leveled most of mine using both, did a couple easy ones in pve and rest in wvw. the only one I haven’t fully unlocked yet is scrapper and its because I’m not good on engie at all.

and those talking about siege, that’s for when you max out your points so you have something else to use them on. Siege is account bound yes but its not a trait or character progression.. nice try though.

Anet could have only giving us enough proofs to unlock our elites and then stop them from dropping if you are at max but they gave us another way to get super siege which I think is nice.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Deaeira.2651

Deaeira.2651

I’m pretty happy about the superior siege. Less time spent clicking at the mystic forge and useful too.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I won’t complain or ask for any changes personally. They removed the badge of honor requirement which was more than what I had wanted in the first place.

Proofs being account bound would be nice but siege is freely sellable. If I need to buy siege on one character I can always transfer it to another character.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I think the best way would be if they’d sell blue and green version of the Scrolls…

One is soulbound for the current price and the second one is account bound for double-triple Proof and 50-100 Badge.

My 2 c

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: Renniegade.3275

Renniegade.3275

I don’t think the ops issue relates To elite specs, traits or individual progression. I think it was about allowing proofs to be pooled for siege purchase. A fix could be for anet to introduce an account bound siege purchase currency you can buy with proofs – then the siege purchase currency can be pooled to buy siege.

in WvW

briggah.7910

I don’t think the ops issue relates To elite specs, traits or individual progression. I think it was about allowing proofs to be pooled for siege purchase. A fix could be for anet to introduce an account bound siege purchase currency you can buy with proofs – then the siege purchase currency can be pooled to buy siege.

Title of thread was changed so that’s why this thread makes no sense now. Used to say something like why are proofs soulbound..

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

because they figure you surely don’t want to move them over to alts.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Arricson Krei.9560

Arricson Krei.9560

What if they make a “new” currency? Trade in Proofs of Heroics to get Charters of Heroics. This would be a one way trade. Charter of Heroics would be kept in the account wallet (thus being account bound) and will be used to purchase siege (and siege only) for the same price as Proofs.

This eliminates a soulbound currency and maintains character progression.

They could also implement a system where Proofs would instantly convert to Charters once: all skills/traits have been trained or all hero points have been obtained or both.