Why am I paying for an expansion anyway?

in WvW

Posted by: mikoe.6574

mikoe.6574

Hard to buy your Expansion since my WVW end game content was wrecked by all the transfers. Same thing happened when I was on darkhaven, then dragonbrand. History is repeating itself. WvW is boring now days, from what I have seen of your upcoming changes its only going to get worse. I’m done transferring to try and find greener pastures. Not an issue on ESO. Sucks I have to play a subscription there, at least there is fun WvW style PVP. The server model may be making you money in transfer fees in the short term, Its killing you long term.

I love the character classes in this game, switching from class to class gives a different feel for the game which is great. I rotate between 4 classes which keeps doing the same content over and over somewhat fun. If I have to pick one to advance forward then I will become very part time player at best. I can already see groups kicking players because they have not progressed far enough in their expertise system.

Not excited about the game now, less excited about it going forward. I will probably buy the expansion if I get drunk enough. Maybe some of my guild mates that have quit playing the game will come back and play for a while again.

in WvW

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Sorry what? Why do you pay for an expansion? Same reasons you pay for anything else. Is that a rhetorical question or a clever way for you to complain about something you haven’t experienced yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I love the character classes in this game, switching from class to class gives a different feel for the game which is great. I rotate between 4 classes which keeps doing the same content over and over somewhat fun. If I have to pick one to advance forward then I will become very part time player at best. I can already see groups kicking players because they have not progressed far enough in their expertise system.

The Masteries system is account bound, so you won’t need to pick one character to advance upon. That said, the Masteries system isn’t likely to come into play in World vs. World at all, at least as it’s currently presented..

That’s probably a good question for someone to put to the devs. Will World vs. World events/experience earned count towards Pact Tyria Masteries?

in WvW

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

The Masteries system is account bound, so you won’t need to pick one character to advance upon. That said, the Masteries system isn’t likely to come into play in World vs. World at all, at least as it’s currently presented..

That’s probably a good question for someone to put to the devs. Will World vs. World events/experience earned count towards Pact Tyria Masteries?

Probably not since WvW has it’s own type of mastery system already. It was even said by a dev a while gao that the WvW xp was was basically a test(precursor) for the new mastery system.

in WvW

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Why are you paying for an expansion? Because people kicked and complained about not having one. Still, I can’t blame people for avoiding WvW lately. Complete cluster from what I’ve seen.

Gone to Reddit.

in WvW

Posted by: Greencactaur.4396

Greencactaur.4396

Aren’t you the horrible general who lost to zhuge liang? offtopic btw.

in WvW

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Aren’t you the horrible general who lost to zhuge liang? offtopic btw.

Nah, I’m the awesome warrior who defeated Zhao Yun! Something that no one else ever managed to do…

There might be some biased reports that go on about the overall war with Zhuge Liang and such, but I wouldn’t fall for those. It was Jiang Wei’s fault.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You don’t have to buy the expansion though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Why is the OP paying for the expansion? I hope they aren’t, because it doesn’t sound like they are enjoying the game right now. Might be a good time for a break.

I’m buying the expansion because I like the game to date, I like a lot of the recent changes, and I like what they have outlined for the game in the expac (with some reservations to be sure).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Indeed, why are you paying for the expansion? If you only do WvW what do you think you’ll get out of it? Will you make the new profession? Go to the new areas? Progress the mastery systems for those areas? Maybe it’s the elite professions on the chars you do play that you want. Most of the new content in the expansion that requires purchase is irrelevant or ignorable to a WvW player. Unless it’s the new profession or elite professions that you really want, maybe you are better off waiting until after its released and then deciding.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

From what i have read so far, though i’ve been out of the loop for a while, it doesn’t seem like buying the expansion really brings anything to WvW.
The biggest thing is that we are getting a new map, but you will get it whether you buy the expansion or not.
Other than that it seems mostly pve stuff, more things to grind for, more mobs and bosses with silly mechanics, etc. Hardly seems like it’s worth it’s price for a wvw player.

Oh, and ESO doesn’t have a subscription anymore, that’s been gone for a while now.
But it’s RvR is pretty dead, and it makes gw2 WvW look like a perfectly balanced game.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

my WVW end game content was wrecked by all the transfers.

I’m done transferring to try and find greener pastures.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

my WVW end game content was wrecked by all the transfers.

I’m done transferring to try and find greener pastures.

I was actually just going to point this out.

Your entire thread just became invalid OP, in the future put some thought into a thread before hitting the post button.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

No one is forcing you to buy the expansion. In fact, if all you do is stay in WvW 24/7, you don’t even need to buy the expansion to continue to play.

Either buy it or don’t. No point in making complaint threads about a product you do not even need.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hard to buy your Expansion since my WVW end game content was wrecked by all the transfers. Same thing happened when I was on darkhaven, then dragonbrand. History is repeating itself. WvW is boring now days, from what I have seen of your upcoming changes its only going to get worse. I’m done transferring to try and find greener pastures. Not an issue on ESO. Sucks I have to play a subscription there, at least there is fun WvW style PVP. The server model may be making you money in transfer fees in the short term, Its killing you long term.

Not excited about the game now, less excited about it going forward. I will probably buy the expansion if I get drunk enough. Maybe some of my guild mates that have quit playing the game will come back and play for a while again.

Rrrrr why are you paying for expansion ? I’m not paying for it. I might, down the line, AFTER I see some results that actually work of the statement made by the devs here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Invitational-Statement-from-John-Corpening-game-director-for-World-vs-World/first

Likely the expansion will be on sale by then to boot. It is also likely I will move on from this game to greener pastures, but it remains to be seen, nothing is written in stone.

There is also a small chance, I might buy it after launch for the PvE aspects, currently I don’t see anything that makes me wanan spend my money on in it, but not all the info is out yet, we’ll see after its out.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Your parents and TV lied.. The world actually turns because of money