Why are People Angry?

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

The Devs wonder why people are getting fed up with the lack of progress in WvW. Waiting for the major changes would be so much easier if the little things that have plagued us for months were fixed but we go patch after patch, bug fix after bug fix with nothing being done and no acknowledgement from the powers that be that a problem even exists!

I will set the scenario for the attached screenshot. Just after the last patch/reset the enemy started a Breakout event on our southwest tower. I was at the tower at that time. At the same time their main force attacked our Bay keep leaving the Yak, Siegerazer and 2 enemy attackers at the tower.

No problem, I had 100 supply so I should be able to build counter siege and hold off two attackers until the cavalry arrived right? Not a chance! As you can tell by the screenshot I was next to the supply hut in that tower and yet had full arrow cart aoe rings on me. I could not get supply and I could not place any counter siege that would be effective for the front of that tower as they raked the full front of that tower with the arrow carts on the outside, all the way back to the supply hut. There was another ring behind me! Any siege placed in the tower further back would have no effect on the front of the gate.

This issue has been bugged, it has been reported as an exploit, it has been reported as a hack yet NOTHING is being done about it although it has been mentioned time and time again for months! If it is working as intended then please say so as I will gladly hook up another monitor so I can be on the same level playing field but I highly doubt if it is intended to work this way.

It is the lack of any action on issues such as this one that makes people angry when things are done for PvP and PvE and we get nothing but promises. Fixing these little things would at least show people that WvW matters and make the wait so much more bearable.

Attachments:

Theftwind (HoD)

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Typical, they just want to finish what they promise, new content every 2 weeks instead of fixing exploits/bugs/hacks.

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Shooting trough the gap above the gate with an ac is no hack and no bug. It doesn´t even require special resolutions or a big monitor.
If the devs don´t do anything about it it might be that they see it as a legitimate strategy.
An ac on the supply hut would have been safe I think.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Theftwind.8976

Shooting trough the gap above the gate with an ac is no hack and no bug. It doesn´t even require special resolutions or a big monitor.
If the devs don´t do anything about it it might be that they see it as a legitimate strategy.
An ac on the supply hut would have been safe I think.

An AC on the supply hut would not be able to reach the front of the gate where the ram and yak were as well as their ac. You can shoot through the gap but not across the full width of the towers interior unless that ac was directly in front of that gap. The AOE rings that hit me, and I was too busy trying to survive to take more screenshots, covered the whole inside of that tower from the gate all the way back to behind the supply hut.

There can be no way that shooting through the gap is an allowable strategy if that is indeed what they were doing here. What is the use in setting up siege in a tower when one arrow cart on the outside can take it all out and yet you in turn cannot target that ac? I have tried it myself and on my 27" single monitor I can target a far greater area with an ac by going to window mode and putting that window as wide and as shallow as possible. It is even easier to do with a multiple monitor setup as many have mentioned.

Stuff like this, which is an obviously broken mechanic needs to be fixed.

Theftwind (HoD)

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

An AC on the supply hut would not be able to reach the front of the gate where the ram and yak were as well as their ac.

The yak I could hit without problems. It is also possible to use the gap as defender.

Attachments:

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Some years ago when I heard for the first time about gw2 I was very exited.
I played gw1 a lot, it was almost perfect, yes there were lots and lots of bugs at first, glitch and so on, but they were fixed and the game became very enjoyable, the PVP part was the backbone of gw1 and anet really cared about it, the onyl real problem for me and lots of other ppl was the lach of a open world.

But with gw2 I think Anet made too many mistakes ( they probably didn’t have enough resources ) :

- No real pvp, and after 1 year it is still nothing more than the initial ( under lvl 20) pvp maps of gw1, lol ? did you anet forgot how cool was your pvp ?

- PVE-WvW-sPVP should be complitely unrelated, I should be able to buy only the WvW game or the sPVP game and play only them, and that would help you to balance the game like it should be.

- We like our bugs and we are going to keep them ( they never said that, but it’s what I think )… Why I ask, why would you keep those bugs ? it’s like to go to work unshaved, it’s not professional, you sure had a lot of time in the past year ( or better 5/7 years ) to polish a little bit you game, don’t make exuses please.

- Optimization, 20 fps with a 4670K and gtx 760 oc on a medium/big zerg with medium/low settings, ’nuff said!

- LAG, if the problem are the aoe skills, my question is why you made all those aoe skills in the first place ? think about it, if only few skill were aoe ( like meteor shower ) the blob style would partialy die with it, now you can get 4/5 bag by pressing just 1 skill, this is lame, and we ain’t stupid, we know blob is the way you get most wexp and gold, you made the game to be blob center all by yourself.

- GVG ??? I need to know why you don’t want to add it.

- WvW, like sPvP is at a embryonic state, a lot of work need to be done here, it’s like a beta of some sort.

- Stop ninja fix, if you change something, even if it’s small you should let us know.

- Cheaters, acknowledge the problem please, and let un know what you intend to do.

- Equip, Legendary ? Ascendent ? leave these thing to the PvE world, pvers love to kill mobs and leave shiny footsteps around the world, I would like a game more skill based.

I know you can do better if you apply yourself a bit more on certain aspects of the game like PvP and WvW, give us some real love for few weeks, kidnap the PvE departement if you need more man power, you can add a nice quaggan hat for the pvers as a present, or a tamagotchi, they will love it and won’t notice any differences.

Sorry for the bad english.

With respect.

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

1) GvG arena’s

2) Private commander tags, or atleast better options for commanders.

3) Raid options, such as allowing u to creat a raid of 25-30 ppl and your group buffs only affect thos in your raid, this will also help With creating LESS BLOBS and more open field fights.

4) Fixing WvW bugs, Such as glitching threw gates, wall Climbing, and The all so famous and annoying Group invite and kick bugs

5) WvW lag and Crashes

wish they added or fixed the things i listed, instead of adding orbs IMO. ORBS r just so flawed, giving the Stronger server with the best coverage an even bigger advantage, esp in Timezones outside of NA

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: shaggy.8123

shaggy.8123

^^^
“2) Private commander tags, or atleast better options for commanders.”

Commander’s tag functionality in www is just a bad joke. Tags are just followed and that’s it.
I don’t think is rocket science to add this: Commander MUST see his all squad players on minimap. Can’t just assign some random colour to the dots (players) in a squad?
Not to mention that all players in a squad should be able too see all the members in that squad…

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

I’m glad everyone is starting to voice their opinions regularly on the lack of effort being put into WvW. Yes, EFFORT.

Fix the simple things and create a solid foundation before you continue to build upon it.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

As has already been pointed out, towers with a hole above the gate are vulnerable to AC fire, and it requires no special resolution or even hack to accomplish this. That being said, I will agree with your general sentiment. The lack of long-term progress with WvW is disappointing, but it’s the lack of short-term fixes for the small things that make it seem as if WvW is truly receiving no attention.

Your example is flawed, but your point is well taken.

Why are People Angry?

in WvW

Theftwind.8976

An AC on the supply hut would not be able to reach the front of the gate where the ram and yak were as well as their ac.

The yak I could hit without problems. It is also possible to use the gap as defender.

The problem I had was there was an ac aoe ring that went further back then your arrow cart was. Where I was downed you can see the corner of the supply platform in the picture and I was still within aoe range. The arrow cart that is set up with the Breakout event at the front of that tower cannot do that unless some manipulation is being done that is not intended even with the hole above the gate. I have been on the other side of those breakouts and by playing things as they should be there is no way for the breakout ac to reach that far back with that much coverage of the interior.

That stated I do not know if they placed an ac on the outside corner of the gate as I have shown before on another tower. Placing it there, right against the wall and the gate corner and still being able to shoot through the hole in the top of the gate is a totally broken mechanic. If the arrows are supposed to follow line of sight then essentially what you are doing by placing the ac there is bending the arrows flight path to go from the ac at the corner of the gate, up to the right (or left depending on what side of the gate it is placed on) through the hole and then back in the opposite direction. (like putting spin on a bowling ball or a hook on a golf ball).

The problem with arrow carts is they ignore the wall/gate so line of sight does not come into play. The arrows still follow a straight path from the ac to the target. If this were reality standing at that point and trying to shoot anything through the hole above the gate and hitting a target on the ground as far back as they did would be impossible with the laws of physics.

Theftwind (HoD)