Why are mods deleting all threads

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

Why are the mods deleting all the threads that get visibility? arent we supposed to discuss on this forum or what.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in WvW

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

This sub forum is for looking only, no touching and no posting. Now you’re going to get both of us in trouble.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

People — don’t be ridiculous. ~rolls eyes~ I don’t see where “all the threads” are getting deleted. Not even “most.” Probably fewer than one in a hundred, and only with cause.

In this case, I temporarily removed a thread about what a player called an exploit, as we do threads of that type. I mean, if you think about it, leaving up a “how to” to a genuine exploit would be foolish. In under five minutes, I got the answer I needed from a dev and I’ve restored the thread.

Think that explains the situation, but if you have questions, drop a line to Forums@Arena.Net and we can look into your concerns.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

People — don’t be ridiculous. ~rolls eyes~ I don’t see where “all the threads” are getting deleted. Not even “most.” Probably fewer than one in a hundred, and only with cause.

In this case, I temporarily removed a thread about what a player called an exploit, as we do threads of that type. I mean, if you think about it, leaving up a “how to” to a genuine exploit would be foolish. In under five minutes, I got the answer I needed from a dev and I’ve restored the thread.

Think that explains the situation, but if you have questions, drop a line to Forums@Arena.Net and we can look into your concerns.

I see people post critical threads about the alpine borderland and they get deleted, even tho people are discussing the subject and being civil, yet there are several threads here about how good the alpine bordderland are, how does those benefit this forum but the critical ones dont. Its so biased.

Edit: Yes, that makes sense. You dont want people to further exploit something but threads that are discussing a change in the game gets deleted, let the writer edit whatever seems wrong rather then just delete it entirely.

(edited by TallBarr.2184)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There’s been a lot of PvF under very thin guises and drama and stuff.

While I of all honesty would like matchup threads again, I understand if Arenanet doesn’t want to deal with the harassment issues.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Makes plenty of sense to me. The more people know about the exploit, the more it can be used.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: rek.1742

rek.1742

While I of all honesty would like matchup threads again, I understand if Arenanet doesn’t want to deal with the harassment issues.

if you want matchup threads there is a website aimed towards that goal exactly. Here is the link to that website if you are interested in talking with or against other servers who do WvW. http://www.gw2wvw.net/ just go to the forum page and you should be fine from there.

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

if you want matchup threads there is a website aimed towards that goal exactly. Here is the link to that website if you are interested in talking with or against other servers who do WvW. http://www.gw2wvw.net/ just go to the forum page and you should be fine from there.

That site is the biggest clustergiraffe to age.

in WvW

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

That site. It’s basically just the same players, not even that many of them, posting the same repetitive trash talk every day. Frankly hardly any of it actually has to do with the current matchup outside of “X – server ppt’d so hard last night.”

I don’t really see many threads get deleted. I see some get closed / locked, but it’s pretty understandably so in most cases.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

lol yea I know of gw2wvw and it is entertaining and do respect its existence since it provided a place for the WvW community even in its darkest times and people post funny pvf pics but it’s a bit too wild for my tastes. Under-moderation can be as problematic as over moderation. I mean, if I wanted people to call me and my friends homophobic and racist slurs, I’d just go back to battle.net…. or PvP. I kid.

There was just a good balance in the official forums thread matchups though I am aware that the powers that be disagree. This game was made to be pretty carebearish relatively speaking. Not an insult. Plus being official also helps.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

That site. It’s basically just the same players, not even that many of them, posting the same repetitive trash talk every day. Frankly hardly any of it actually has to do with the current matchup outside of “X – server ppt’d so hard last night.”

I don’t really see many threads get deleted. I see some get closed / locked, but it’s pretty understandably so in most cases.

Mods should warn the writer of the thread and let him edit whatever is wrong in his/her thread post rather then delete it entirely. Unless people are being really nasty in the thread. If theres a discussion going on it should’nt get deleted.

in WvW

Posted by: rek.1742

rek.1742

All I’m saying is that if you want thread matchups in here it will evidently turn into, what you called gw2wvw to be, a clusterfest. I’m sure you nor anyone else wants that.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

It wasn’t nearly to that level because users were frequently banned/modded and that is because you need your game account to log in, making you semi-accountable for things. That was just my experience.

Then again, I think you could argue it took too much moderator effort.

in WvW

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I hope one day ArenaNet will sit down and improve the forums by offering a way to “hide” a post until the OP re-write it, taking into consideration the warning. Also, the broken search…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Mods should warn the writer of the thread and let him edit whatever is wrong in his/her thread post rather then delete it entirely. Unless people are being really nasty in the thread. If theres a discussion going on it should’nt get deleted.

They don’t have the staff for that … It’s why the match threads were removed. Not enough resources to moderate properly.

Don’t take it personally. And if seems endemic, and random, you can always use reddit.

L’enfer, c’est les autres