Why are you delaying account wxp

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

We’ve waited. For over 6 months we’ve waited.
Update after update passed, and still no account wxp.
Edge of the mists came and went, still no update.
Ok there’s still some bugs, we believe you anet.
Seasons announced. Perfect time to release account wxp, right?
Apparently No.

Why are you doing this? This and the bug fixes are really the only things we in the wvw community have been asking for for months.

Anet pls.

Y u do dis?

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

While I agree it should have been released sooner, I doubt they want any significant changes to WvW right before the new season.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I’ve heard rumors that they have been contending with a rewarding issue which i’ll try to explain with some context:

Say you log onto your main character, and you find TADA! you now have account bound WXP and you’ve jumped from rank 200 to 450. You just got a bunch of Rank up chests! Yay loot! You assign your now reset wvw traits, and go on your merry way.

Now, you log onto your other character, again we have the TADA! moment and you have a bunch of Rank Up chests! Yay Loot! but you already got rewards for these levels.

Rinse and repeat for other toons. much loot. such rank chests. wow. such doge.

now, granted I heard this in my server teamspeak. No way to verify the truth of my description above.

in WvW

Quick Mouse.7635

Yes I also heard of this bug….In Edge of the Mists BETA!
It’s taking several months just to fix a bug on chests rewards?
I seriously doubt that.

I would like a straight answer that gives a real explanation.

in WvW

Posted by: Mirah.5613

Mirah.5613

Coming up in Season 3:
– Accountbound Wxp

Ash – [RET] Guardian – FA
#poopootiem

in WvW

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

….. Maybe ….

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Hamster you think it would take longer than 2 days to solve this? They have rewards chests that are account bound, so they have the code.
If this is the reason of course.

in WvW

Posted by: Deadplanet.3810

Deadplanet.3810

I’ve heard rumors that they have been contending with a rewarding issue which i’ll try to explain with some context:

Say you log onto your main character, and you find TADA! you now have account bound WXP and you’ve jumped from rank 200 to 450. You just got a bunch of Rank up chests! Yay loot! You assign your now reset wvw traits, and go on your merry way.

Now, you log onto your other character, again we have the TADA! moment and you have a bunch of Rank Up chests! Yay Loot! but you already got rewards for these levels.

now, granted I heard this in my server teamspeak. No way to verify the truth of my description above.

Well if this is the reason, I say let it be so It`s not like WvW has an abundance of loot as it is, it`s the only part of GW2 where you can spend money quicker than you gain it. Joking aside, I hope they manage to add this before or in the beginning of season 2. It`s not like it would drastically alter the balance of the tournament either.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

OK but kittening say so, be transparent. Plus they have had months to fix any problems, even if it was a problem they have had the time to fix it. They have merged other currencies before when introducing the wallet so it so they can do it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: lobo fett.4705

lobo fett.4705

Is this really coming at some point? always hear rumours.
Sucks starting new characters off in wvw with no wxp, So lame that it almost makes you not want to bring new characters in, because have so much xp on mains.

ninja fett/lobo fett/Eagle eye Fett

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

While I agree it should have been released sooner, I doubt they want any significant changes to WvW right before the new season.

I agree what you said makes logical sense to assume. But in practice it doesn’t seem consistent with the free transfer policy. Creating population instabilities is a much more significant change to the game right before the season than people being able to have buffs on their alts that they already probably have on their mains.

This whole thing smells like a project manager who’s out of touch with the product and audience, but recognizes a cash cow, pushing their design team to focus on items they might otherwise choose not to work on. It would be interesting to know what sort of conversations happened about recouping cash in their business model after it became apparent the e-sports thing wasn’t gonna pan out, and what sort of fraction of their income that was intended to represent.

I just can’t see the sustainability in this approach. The core wvw population may represent a small fraction of the overall GW2 population. But the ‘endgame’ is still hemorrhaging players. New sales, and people being fed into the front end of this process must slow eventually (if it hasn’t already). So, without addressing the issue of keeping pvp a somewhat competitive format, I have a hard time seeing how this F2P model can last. A large source of income right now is driven by customer dissatisfaction, and that’s something you can’t just keep going back to the well for.

I invested money and time in the game (yeah, it’s just a game) on the premise it would take pvp seriously, and keep the power creep out of the game. GW2 has failed to meet either of these. The people I know in the game keep me interested, and we lose more of them each day. It’s unfortunate, the potential being overlooked here.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

i agree with this thread main title, i m sure that if Anet do not release it yet there should be a reason, but please dear ANET let us know something!!!!!

is not really hard to understand that ppl feel frustrated if they feel ingored.

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

They have already said.

Apparently, its really hard to do from a technical point of view. It was designed from day 1 to be soulbound and changing it to account bound would cause technical difficulties that are very, very hard to overcome. They said they would continue to work on it but can’t provide a ETA…

in WvW

Quick Mouse.7635

They have already said.

Apparently, its really hard to do from a technical point of view. It was designed from day 1 to be soulbound and changing it to account bound would cause technical difficulties that are very, very hard to overcome. They said they would continue to work on it but can’t provide a ETA…

Many things that were soulbound have been changed to account bound. World event reward chests and fractal levels are 2 examples off the top of my head.
When eotm was released they said they were very close to account bound wxp, just fixing a few bugs. In the months since they haven’t been able to fix a couple bugs? I find this whole thing very difficult to swallow.

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

They took 15 months to remove the ledge that allowed you to jump over jerrifers gate. I expect that adjusting actual code will take at least 6 more months.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They took 15 months to remove the ledge that allowed you to jump over jerrifers gate. I expect that adjusting actual code will take at least 6 more months.

Still wasn’t as bad as the “No outer Bay walls for you” treb spot in Garrison.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Kurppa.9473

Kurppa.9473

I’d really like to hear the reason why they had to rush telling us the news about account wide wxp when they didn’t even have intention to release it. I really got my hopes up when i read those news. But now i don’t even think i should wait for it to happen…

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

This doesn’t seem like a development issue a 350-people company should struggle half a year with.

in WvW

Posted by: Themanbat.3206

Themanbat.3206

They reset the wvw traits and said there would be no more resets throughout the season. Does that mean they’re seriously not implementing account bound for the features patch even though it was announced to be in development months ago? Because I don’t see how it could work if they don’t reset the points and now I’m not sure if I should spend them.

Angelic Synergy [Holy], Andromeda (Mesmer)/Samson of Mice (Guardian)/Ren the Stumpy (Engi)

in WvW

Posted by: lobo fett.4705

lobo fett.4705

can we please get some kind of statement from developers?

ninja fett/lobo fett/Eagle eye Fett

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It might be safer just to assume THEY are not going to announce it on a forum thread but instead making a big post on the official site. It is also safer just to assume they wont do it until either the end of seasons or the feature patch, since ACWXP is a feature.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

Does anyone know how this will work ?

For example, if I have 3 toons (rank 300 /200/100), does it mean I’ll have 600 points to spend on each character ?
Or the 600 are shared between the 3 characters ?

Anyway, I don’t really like this idea.
It’s much more difficult to get wxp with thieves, rangers and mesmers than with necro or guardian (#1 staff ftw). So, in the end, this feature will promote no-brain blobing and taging…

(edited by Markus.9084)

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

probably just saving it for another bullet point in the feature build.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I really got my hopes up when i read those news. But now i don’t even think i should wait for it to happen…

That was the point. And judging from the forums, there’s always a bunch of people who enjoy being strung along for months and months.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

It was designed from day 1 to be soulbound and changing it to account bound would cause technical difficulties that are very, very hard to overcome.

STOP QUIBBLING!

We’ve received a plethora of new LS content that’s had all kinds of weird and wonderful mechanics that devs have mashed together and presented us with.

Fotm went from soul bound to account bound so it’s not a new concept.

Unfortunately, it can take an ANet employee to troll a GvG before the GvG community gets something decent they can work with (Obsidian Sanctum).

If they wanted to have AB WXP in place by now, they would. Were waiting on the power brokers to give the green light or a dev to troll us.

Which ever comes first.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If they wanted to have AB WXP in place by now, they would. Were waiting on the power brokers to give the green light or a dev to troll us.

Which ever comes first.

I have to agree as it appears some bean counter thinks we’ll keep playing because of character progression. Instead of considering the obvious that by running alts, we’ll always feel lesser than everyone else. I have 7 80’s atm and it will take years to get them all to rank #455. Which is what I’d consider basic level for the rank abilities. So for years I’ll either run one full time to #455, then start all over again with the next. Or, play a little here and there with each. Either way, the character will always be less than other characters on map for years to come. I’ll more than likely stop playing because of this feeling of futility. For those that play only one character, they’ll more than likely get bored and stop playing. Either way, character progression in WvW is, was, and will be, a BAD idea.

… let’s not even begin with WvW Ranks and the power creep from Ascended gear that’s compounding the issue. The 15+% in addition to the applied’s is utter power creep.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

wtb account bound wxp

well actually, it’d just be nice if Anet showed they had a semblance of a direction actually planned and backplanned for WvW

miracles happen….. ?

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderCat.8395

ThunderCat.8395

Basically Anet does not want to do it.

First they said they would’t do it, because your characters were supposed to be unique or some BS. Then after 6 months of complaining about it on these forums, they’ve decided to say “OK we’ll do it”, and then never get around to it. Next stage is technical excuses for why it cannot be done…

Its basically like when your boss tells you to do something, you say “I’ll get right on it”, and then you promptly start reading the GW2 forums instead.

Oh and btw, pvp rank is account bound…. so lets not pretend that this code does not already exist in a similar form.

(edited by ThunderCat.8395)

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Because they’ve done that so many times before?? Just be glad they haven’t yet created a CDI around account-bound wxp … that’s the kiss of death.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

They have already said.

Right….when everyone told them from DAY 1 that character bound WxP was dumb…they did it anyway….and now…it’s technically hard for them to fix it…to what it should have been to begin with…..let me bust out my feel bad caring stick…

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Account Bound WXP – 800 Gems.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

I Think my first guess was/is correct, they plan to implement Account Bound WXP with expansion.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

The part time intern working on wvw was called away to help out the 300 people churning out LS and has yet to return to his cage.

If their worry is ‘reward’ chests then they really shouldn’t worry about giving players whose rewards for playing in wvw have totally sucked since launch another 600 greens, 2 golds and 1 exotic for their 300 ranks (just an example). it’s not like reward chests are actually any good…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I’m assuming they are saving it for the Featured content starting in april, account bound is mid way down the list so I’m assuming thats our Wxp which means not until after season 2.

Some of the featured updates look interesting, but many of them should have already been implemented. I’m thinking its going to be a case of to little to late for Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

My husband and I were talking about that last night. If they want money for this, just ask. Most of us would buy it!

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My husband and I were talking about that last night. If they want money for this, just ask. Most of us would buy it!

Or, they could just remove the Laurel requirement for buying Liquid WxP and have it simply be gold. I’d be happy enough with that, if it was reasonably inexpensive. We could at least buy gems, convert them to gold, and get somewhere with our alts!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m assuming they are saving it for the Featured content starting in april, account bound is mid way down the list so I’m assuming thats our Wxp which means not until after season 2.

Some of the featured updates look interesting, but many of them should have already been implemented. I’m thinking its going to be a case of to little to late for Anet.

Didn’t they already imply that there would be no account bound WXP until after the season when they said that we wouldn’t get another WXP reset after the one a couple days ago?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Because they’ve done that so many times before?? Just be glad they haven’t yet created a CDI around account-bound wxp … that’s the kiss of death.

I read this and almost choked laughing. I took one look at those CDIs and steered clear because they stunk to high heaven.
—-

I feel Anet’s keeping account bound wxp in their back pocket to rejuvenate WvWvW after other games start biting into the population. Which could turn out to be a day late and a dollar short.

Whispers with meat.