"Why are you following us?"

in WvW

Posted by: Themanbat.3206

Themanbat.3206

If you wanna duel, you better hurry up and spit it out, cuz I’m going to sleep.

Angelic Synergy [Holy], Andromeda (Mesmer)/Samson of Mice (Guardian)/Ren the Stumpy (Engi)

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

We’re not paired up.

in WvW

Themanbat.3206

We’re not paired up.

? Are you about to tell me you need to know my build before you fight me so you can change yours to die less? I don’t do that.

Angelic Synergy [Holy], Andromeda (Mesmer)/Samson of Mice (Guardian)/Ren the Stumpy (Engi)

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

We’re not paired up.

? Are you about to tell me you need to know my build before you fight me so you can change yours to die less? I don’t do that.

What in the world are you talking about…

in WvW

Themanbat.3206

We’re not paired up.

What in the world are you talking about…

No idea. What is this paired up?

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

Really?

Mega-oobar team: “Go away, stop following us scrub.”

Me: “Eh?”

Mega-oobar team: “Go away. Go claim some other camp.”

Me: H…ha….ha…h-h-ha-AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAAAA cough choke wheeze AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

Themanbat.3206

Anyway, taking too long. Sleeping.

in WvW

Posted by: Sue.4361

Sue.4361

Some people’s only accomplishments in this world are virtual. It is a sad reality.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’d follow those people any way. Just to spite them.

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Follow all you want just dont be surprised when you get dropped off at the nearest enemy zerg.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

People that follow us without being in ventrilo, especially up levels, are little more than rally bait. I’ve been burned too many times. So if you want to hug someone’s nuts its polite to ask first.

I prefer running in small 5-man groups, so I tried running with OINK once (out of curiosity mostly). You guys told me to screw off I scurried off without saying a word, but secretly hoping that a zerg wouldn’t think twice about crushing you. No hard feelings now though, of course, y’all are some fine roamers indeed.

Too many guilds in DR care only of being the best guild in the server. Isolated guilds like OINK won’t join the server TS or get involved with planned attacks, which is one of the major reasons we are losing this match. I used to think this way of ADQQSTY, but recently we launched a coordinated attack together – while they distracted DH’s massive zerg with a small roaming group, we swept in and grabbed DH’s garrison. It was a glorious act of teamwork and support. Guild coordination = success

Hm, I seem to have gotten entirely off-topic. Well, cheers and happy gaming.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I very much enjoy watching AoN’s videos. Alittle elitist for sure, but its clear they know their classes and how to choose the best place for them to make their stand. Their battlefield awarness is top class and their support for one another is ultimately their best asset IMO. They play the game as I think the devs imagined it should be played but is probably beyong most people.

5 man roaming squad they are the best in the business. Unbeatable? Probably not – no one is – but I think they have some things to teach many of us on how to compliment one another on the battlefield.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Acelerion.6820

whoops, sorry:( some of the guys are pretty forthright about it but I think Im nice enough in game at least. Ask us and its fine to run with us! Well just put you in group and in vent to make things easier.

We just dont want to grab a lot of people and end up outnumbering whoever were fighting, no fun in that.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in WvW

Acelerion.6820

I dont even know about a server com but if you tell us where the people you want dead are we can work something out

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Tl;dr – Some (not all) tPvP teams need to get off their high horse and play WvW as a server, not to glorify themselves with “lol 4v30” videos. Treat your allies with respect.

I suppose this is another endorsement of having powers work differently in the different types of game.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Bump for the AoN guy who thinks higher tier servers = higher % skilled players. I also have a question… I see some players from the [MAN] guild that used to be on AR in the AoN guild. Same guild? Come on back down where there’s less zergs, more small roaming groups and fight us. Talk all you want while you’re on a different tier.

I don’t want to sound like I’m trash talking [MAN], they were definitely good fights. But if you, Covenant, were part of the MAN groups, you really have no room to speak about the skill level of t7 small roaming groups as MAN lost plenty of even-ish fights.

P.S. lawldy lawl lawl @ Tek who challenged Andro to a duel then hid in his cave when Andro accepted. Andro would win 100/100 times. Classic e-tough guy acts all macho until he actually has to prove himself.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

(edited by osif.8673)

in WvW

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

If there is a guild or a smallscale team that wants to run by themselves and politely ask you not to follow them, then by following them you are simply griefing. Sure, it can happen coincidentially that you meet at some supply camp or points but that’s not what I am seeing. It’s not like you can’t do other things in the zone except grief your fellow players.

I don’t care who they are, they don’t own the map and they aren’t entitled to exclusive access to capture objectives. If they want to flip supply camps they have to accept that allies are going to want to do that same thing. If you want sPvP go to the Heart of the Mists. WvW is a co-operative server experience. You have no exclusive access to capture objectives (and in most tiers it’s very easy to find a borderlands empty of allies if that’s what you want). Any sense of entitlement like this in WvW is pathetically misguided.

If sPvP was particularly relevant in WvW Anvil Rock wouldn’t be 14th place.

in WvW

Themanbat.3206

P.S. lawldy lawl lawl @ Tek who challenged Andro to a duel then hid in his cave when Andro accepted. Andro would win 100/100 times. Classic e-tough guy acts all macho until he actually has to prove himself.

No, that got settled. And he was a lot more respectful afterwards. (Idk if that comes off as talking crap, but it’s not. He was a lot cooler about it afterwards.)

(edited by Themanbat.3206)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I don’t care who they are, they don’t own the map and they aren’t entitled to exclusive access to capture objectives. If they want to flip supply camps they have to accept that allies are going to want to do that same thing. If you want sPvP go to the Heart of the Mists. WvW is a co-operative server experience. You have no exclusive access to capture objectives (and in most tiers it’s very easy to find a borderlands empty of allies if that’s what you want). Any sense of entitlement like this in WvW is pathetically misguided.

If sPvP was particularly relevant in WvW Anvil Rock wouldn’t be 14th place.

I know this has been said in many posts here already, but to repeat no one is suggesting that this applies when taking or fighting near objectives.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

osif.8673

No, that got settled. And he was a lot more respectful afterwards. (Idk if that comes off as talking crap, but it’s not. He was a lot cooler about it afterwards.)

Props to him then!

I wonder if Covenant is someone who would hide in the cave though…

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I don’t see anything wrong with wanting to be with your group alone, especially if you are not doing a standard objective – which is fair game for everyone to be going after. Though no reason to be a you know what about it.

Most of my deaths in WvW come from trying to save someone that did something not very smart. Being outnumbered it would be even more important to prevent situations like that. Just be polite and I think most will understand.

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Why are they even playing boring WvW if they have played tPvP?

in WvW

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

Why are they even playing boring WvW if they have played tPvP?

A lot of people prefer the open roaming of WvW, where you can play with all 5 members of your team in the same place, to the repetetive conquest game mode in tPvP, where you are forced to go solo or teams of two and sometimes three.

And of course theres the larger variety of terrain, more build customization etc.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

in WvW

Posted by: Mein.5076

Mein.5076

i dont mind it, but sometimes im frustrated when im trying to finish down player and on the last 1/2 second they rallied from upscale. whats worse is that when u downed 3 people and they got rallied because an upscales is trying to be a chuck norris stomp and got burst to death..

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

If I’m having a good duel with someone and a third wheel from my server pops up, I will certainly just leave the area. I’m there for the fights and to have fun, not to help you farm wexp.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Convenant is giving AoN a bad name. He posts a movie a while back ago that greatly inflates the number of people they were fighting. A 4v20 followed by another 4v20? Not even close.

He says the competition and skill is much greater in T2 but they choose to post a fight against a PvE guild trying to figure out how to portal bomb and failing. Why not post a movie against one of the skilled guilds that gives you a good fight instead?

He says he has been to the lower tiers and insults the roaming guilds there but he has never even fought any of them to my knowledge. I’ve played in T2 while on Dragonbrand. I’ve fought JQ. I’ve fought in T8. There is no significant difference between the individual skill of the soloers and roamers from the top tier to the bottom tier.

Yes, there are more good players in the upper tiers but there also more bad players. Why? Because there are more players. End of story.

Also, I just realized that KAINENG is in T2. Kaineng is not a server known for it’s individually skilled players. In fact, quite the opposite. Kaineng (the new version) is one of the least skilled servers on an individual or small group basis that I’ve faced since playing the game.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

osif.8673

Second page?! Bump because I like seeing Covenant’s seriously misinformed thinking at the top of the WvW forum.

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Because we’ve been on T7, found it too easy, moved to T5, found it too easy, moved to T4, found it too easy, moved to T3, found it too easy, moved to T2… and we met our match.

So presumably, all the players on T1 servers are more skilled than you are?

No, but if we were to transfer to T1, we’d have a harder time than on T2.

Ah so basically you’re stating that you are more skilled then everyone else in this game, got it.

T1 generally mean cream of the crop. zerg/gank/duels etc.

So now that you transferred down does that mean you turned into less skilled players?

EDIT: I have been to every tier imaginable, and I have played both on European and NA servers simultaneously. The individual skill of players in higher tiers is nowhere near as high as in lower tiers. That being said, higher tiers are more likely to be filled, to a much greater extent, with people who only WvW for points, and being pretty hard core about it too. This leads to better coordination and organization on a server wide level, since your WvW population isn’t made up of 80% pugs who just so happens to wander into WvW that day.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

(edited by Gab Superstar.4059)

in WvW

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

I’ve never experienced this, but it would amuse me greatly; I would continue to follow them as best I could. It’s like when I run into the other WVW scourge “duelling”; if someone tells me I’m interferring it only makes me kill the enemy with even more fervour and it is oh so satisfying. :-)

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: jerryfingers.6273

jerryfingers.6273

I was told this last night by my own guildies. A new low for me. Made me feel like a real kitten. Whats the point of a guild if you cant even run with them? Introduce a warband system please…or give me nicer guildies.

Snake of Talins
SPCA

in WvW

Posted by: Satori.7268

Satori.7268

I find it amusing how this convenant guys talks down to other small man groups in tiers below t2 but admits t1 would be too hard… lol.

There are several well established small man guilds in t1 so grow a pair aon if your the best as you claim to be.

You guys wouldn’t last a month on BG in t1.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Second page?! Bump because I like seeing Covenant’s seriously misinformed thinking at the top of the WvW forum.

You are spelling his name wrong.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I’ve never experienced this, but it would amuse me greatly; I would continue to follow them as best I could. It’s like when I run into the other WVW scourge “duelling”; if someone tells me I’m interferring it only makes me kill the enemy with even more fervour and it is oh so satisfying. :-)

That’s when we lead you into a zerg and waypoint out before we get in combat.

in WvW

Posted by: Balfour.9046

Balfour.9046

Did you ever think they may be cheating and dont want you to see?

in WvW

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

I’ll go wherever I wish in WvW, no other player has a right to dictate how I play.

in WvW

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

andromatopoeia is my friend

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

in WvW

osif.8673

You are spelling his name wrong.

Eh, his name isn’t really worth spelling correctly anyways. :P

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Convenant is giving AoN a bad name. He posts a movie a while back ago that greatly inflates the number of people they were fighting. A 4v20 followed by another 4v20? Not even close.

He says the competition and skill is much greater in T2 but they choose to post a fight against a PvE guild trying to figure out how to portal bomb and failing. Why not post a movie against one of the skilled guilds that gives you a good fight instead?

He says he has been to the lower tiers and insults the roaming guilds there but he has never even fought any of them to my knowledge. I’ve played in T2 while on Dragonbrand. I’ve fought JQ. I’ve fought in T8. There is no significant difference between the individual skill of the soloers and roamers from the top tier to the bottom tier.

Yes, there are more good players in the upper tiers but there also more bad players. Why? Because there are more players. End of story.

Also, I just realized that KAINENG is in T2. Kaineng is not a server known for it’s individually skilled players. In fact, quite the opposite. Kaineng (the new version) is one of the least skilled servers on an individual or small group basis that I’ve faced since playing the game.

Dear diary, today my feelings were upset so I decided to get very mad and write about my feelings,
sincerely yours, Oozo

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I was told this last night by my own guildies. A new low for me. Made me feel like a real kitten. Whats the point of a guild if you cant even run with them? Introduce a warband system please…or give me nicer guildies.

You need a new guild.

Seriously.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Yeah, this type of crap gets old. It’s just another encouragement for people to run with the zerg. On Blackgate we have an entire guild who is like this due to their ‘1337ness’.

Blackgate

in WvW

Acelerion.6820

Wow what a kittenin train wreck

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Dear diary, today my feelings were upset so I decided to get very mad and write about my feelings,
sincerely yours, Oozo

Yeah, you can just feel the RAGE in my post.

You: Insult guilds you have never fought.
Me: Doesn’t insult guilds I’ve never fought.

in WvW

Issues.5789

sincerely yours, Oozo

Too mucho rage. Yes it’s actually part of my daily ritual, as soon as I wake up I log onto forums and insult every possible guild I can in 30 minutes. I went up from 15 to 18, almost a personal BEST! WOOOOOOOO!

in WvW

Oozo.7856

sincerely yours, Oozo

Too mucho rage. Yes it’s actually part of my daily ritual, as soon as I wake up I log onto forums and insult every possible guild I can in 30 minutes. I went up from 15 to 18, almost a personal BEST! WOOOOOOOO!

Are you Convenant?

This post is not the first time he has insulted other roaming guilds (which he has never even fought). So far he has done the following two things:

1. Exaggerated the number of enemies beat in a fight
2. Propped up his guild by insulting other guilds he hasn’t even fought.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about AoN and I’m sure they are a very strong guild but doing the two things above makes you look bad. That is the kind of things try-hards do. If you want to be viewed as the new OG then by all means – go for it.

in WvW

Issues.5789

sincerely yours, Oozo

Are you Convenant?

This post is not the first time he has insulted other roaming guilds (which he has never even fought). So far he has done the following two things:

1. Exaggerated the number of enemies beat in a fight
2. Propped up his guild by insulting other guilds he hasn’t even fought.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about AoN and I’m sure they are a very strong guild but doing the two things above makes you look bad. That is the kind of things try-hards do. If you want to be viewed as the new OG then by all means – go for it.

I’m not Convenant, but for the right price I’ll be anyone who you want me to be. As towards number 1, maybe yes maybe no, who knows. Sometimes it’s just a guess how many we fight for example today we killed probably two 25+ kaineng and TC zergs. As for Looking like OG, I think I’d have to do some very bad things to accomplish such a task.

(edited by Issues.5789)

in WvW

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

That’s when we lead you into a zerg and waypoint out before we get in combat.

I’m a Torch using Mesmer, I run into zergs and escape unscathed all the time :-)

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square