in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

Just curious. Why?

Why are you keep playing WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

These days I treat the joke that is WvW/GW2 like one step up the rung from minesweeper, so I play it (mostly WvW) when I need a break from work, because it is brainless, low skilled and I can play for 15 mins then go back to working, doesn’t matter if I need to stop for a phone call or need to go AFK for ages, because well it is WvW/GW2.

I also play it if I feel like playing a game, but am too tired to play a proper game.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

It’s like a large scale PvP…but with more custom set ups with mixing stat sets and consumables. Large world where you could find a fight, pouncing on an unsuspecting enemy while he is trying to solo cap a camp, or seeing dots on the map and knowing that theres a squirrel there about to take a point. The adrenaline of going in a 6v10 and coming out victorious.

WvW is a place where peoples true class potential can really shine.

Also, dropping arrows from an AC on the faces of many and watching 4+ ppl drop at the same time is awesome.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

I like the challenge of roaming or pushing back with a large group. I really just got into not too long ago and there is not much saltiness compared to other modes when in groups

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Large scale open sandbox PvP with gw2 combat and no p2w gear treadmill. What more should I ask for?

Suggest me another game like this and I’m ready to jump ship.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I don’t much…

#15CryingQuaggans

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Because I enjoy it.

After many hours of both playing WvW and browsing the forums, I’ve pretty much concluded that I’m in the minority for this.

I don’t care about score. I don’t care about winning, fights, PPT, KDR or otherwise. I don’t care about defending or capturing or what ever else.

I enjoy WvW because I enjoy socializing with server and guild mates. I enjoy that I can roam, I can scout, I can zerg, I can do what ever my heart desires without anyone or anything to tell me to do otherwise. I can play what ever class I want, I can play what ever build I want, I have nearly total freedom.

There are things in WvW that frustrate me, sure, but I don’t expect it to be perfect. Much like I do with a lot of things in life, I take WvW for what it is and I look on the bright side. What’s the point of always being upset? If you have constructive criticism, give it. Make a thread with ideas and be sure to consider all the variables. Your thoughts may or may not be heard by ANet but if it slips under their radar it doesn’t mean they hate you, they hate WvW and they’re not listening.

People are such drama queens. Yes, WvW has problems and yes, ANet doesn’t do a very good job at maintaining balance or keeping our interest. But at the end of the day, it’s still just a video game and it isn’t here to be a substitute for happiness. Enjoy it for what it is and give feedback where necessary instead of pouring your hopes and dreams in to a better future for the game (and probably your life) then getting mad with ANet and the world because things didn’t pan out the way you imagined they would.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

I’ve always liked the concept of open world PVP in a pve map… it keeps you on your toes! Though, admittedly, I could do without the zergs and lag!

(I much prefer roaming to being a cog in a zerg machine – especially when said zerg is more interested in karmafarming than any discernible objective!)

in WvW

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Large scale open sandbox PvP with gw2 combat and no p2w gear treadmill. What more should I ask for?

Same for me. So much wasted potential thanks to some devs throwing us together with the PVE crowd. Still glad that it exists since pvp is in a horrible state right now.

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

The dailies are fun… the rest… not so much.

PvE balancing applying to WvW is currently the biggest issue from a roamers perspective.

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Because spvp is boring after 2hours

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Friends/guildies still play mainly. They are the only thing that keeps me playing this game at all.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Same reason, I always played it. I get to kill lots of people at once.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

To roam around to find those ganker thieves, and gank them.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Seconding.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Started playing WvW again (HoT killed it for me) when they introduced server links. Made quite a few friends from our linked server then moved across once it had finished. Now its pretty much all I do in gw2, aside from daily t4s.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Always been playing it. And WvW is unique in its style. But seems like its anets unwanted child now.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

My favorite game mode in any game ever, down to 2 hrs on reset night, if I even feel like playing it over the mobas I play these days.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

What he said. Plus waiting for another ship to board as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Because no rvr has emerged to replace it yet…..
But I went from playing daily for hours to only playing a few days a week.
Now that reset is pushed back until 10 again that’s 1 less day for me to play.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Seconding.

Thirding?

You don’t get the passionate excessive hate that you see on the forums about WvW if those people don’t also love it.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, fourthing, not much else.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

RvR/Large scale combat and community/the social aspect.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

These days I treat the joke that is WvW/GW2 like one step up the rung from minesweeper, so I play it (mostly WvW) when I need a break from work, because it is brainless, low skilled and I can play for 15 mins then go back to working, doesn’t matter if I need to stop for a phone call or need to go AFK for ages, because well it is WvW/GW2.

I also play it if I feel like playing a game, but am too tired to play a proper game.

Same i dont see myself playing gw2 for a long time im trying to find a other game and some huge wvw oriented guilds too. we lost a couple and well anyhow yeah i get where you are going with that. We will board a new ship and fly to a different horizon.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Same i dont see myself playing gw2 for a long time im trying to find a other game and some huge wvw oriented guilds too. we lost a couple and well anyhow yeah i get where you are going with that. We will board a new ship and fly to a different horizon.

Any suggestions?

in WvW

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

roaming. keeping the community happy. playing the game at the expense of other peoples enjoyment

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

• PvE is boring, you can even watch twitch streams about PvE and even high level content like raid bosses are yawnworthy.
  • WvW has unique builds that connect support, damage and survivability. There is no classes that do 0 damage, you can make power builds that are not full zerk. Also its not as limited as PvP gearwise.
  • Theres constant improvement and variety. You can feel improvement as commander/player every week because positioning, siegeplacement, sustaining, communication, commanding, builds etc are such complex things.
  • Theres no set meta. Eles can play cele, marauder or nomad if they want to. Necros can play trailblazer, marauder or celestial if they wish so. Warriors can play condi shout, power shout or just plain power builds. Bored of your classes? Make a new build. And its not just gonna be 11111 pewpew against world bosses.
  • You can be the deciding factor in 50v50, 20v20 fights etc. If you make/finish 5 downs, you potentially rally 5 allies. You can save your party, ress people etc. No fight is the same.
  • You dont know who will win, enemy can bring a blob and lose, but after that they can build siege/change commanders etc and you start losing again.
  • Theres always something challenging to do, You can blob, scout, siege, roam, ppt. Whatevers available at the moment, you can even be salty towards enemies for their cheesy builds, if you find that fun. Be yourself
  • Communities and teamspeak, Its more fun with voice communications, someone does something stupid, everyone laughs with him Commander keeps spirits up and is a person you can look up to. You can join a guild and work together for guild upgrades/raids/builds to become best possible community. Makes you feel unique.
Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I play WvW because of currently sPvP is boring. I literally lived in HoTM during S2,S3,S4 and part of S5. But I haven’t played a single ranked match in Season 6.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

My guild, its the only reason.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Tested WvW today. Outnumbered in EB in reset, can’t even treb because of lag. I just don’t have any idea why anybody would play this. EotM is like combat heaven compared this kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

WvW Saltiness is more classy than in PvP

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

As always,for the loot.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

It’s like a fighting game gone mmo, with a lot of depth. I love it.

Worst thing about wvw is the current population is not great enough to keep all maps active at all times.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yea, fourthing, not much else.

Fifthing here

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

My guild and allies. The enemies I love to fight.

A lot of that is at risk right now, because this server linking situation created a mess that is making WvW much harder to have fun in.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Yep. They have been many pretenders but none have come close to matching the uniqueness of gw2’s WvW gameplay. Having said that, count me among those who would jump ship in an instant from this leaky raft were another another alternative to become available.

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

My guild is looking for another game to play. Wvw is just so meh anymore, so why bother spening the time on gw2. We do still show up, but nowhere near as much as we use to.

Makes me sad to see a game mode I loved become….crap. Shame on you Anet.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Lorus.4218

Lorus.4218

My guild is looking for another game to play. Wvw is just so meh anymore, so why bother spening the time on gw2. We do still show up, but nowhere near as much as we use to.

Makes me sad to see a game mode I loved become…. kitten. Shame on you Anet.

Sums it up for me as well. Community is the only thing that keeps me logging on at all. WvW itself stopped being fun after HoT and now it’s just a big pile of kitten stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Makes me sad to see a game mode I loved become…. kitten. Shame on you Anet.

Sums it up for me as well. Community is the only thing that keeps me logging on at all. WvW itself stopped being fun after HoT and now it’s just a big pile of kitten stuff.

I think thats why most of the wvw population are still around: the people you have fought with the past years.

But unfortunately, iam mostly just in the TS these days and play something else. :/

in WvW

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Last week for another axe this week for bandit crests Beats the heck out of farming an empty silver waste but though I came for the reward tracks I discovered this time I am actually enjoying wvw
Ok no fun when you hit lag then next a 40toon Zerg runs over you
No fun when the “cool kids” 3 full zerk roamers Catch you alone then dance about as if 3 on one is something hard
But small unit take out 5 things while the Zerg is still bogged down on one keep
Herald running wingman to the leader necro laying down mini mine field or just Mesmer having fun roaming
Beats pve kill loot rinse repeat
No build/gear checks Perhaps the only part of gw that is still play your way

Ulfar SOR

in WvW

Posted by: Eypheha.5831

Eypheha.5831

Spend maybe 20 to 30 minutes for dailies and then look at WvW a few minutes. If you don’t want to play a thief, you die at their hands…so why bother. I’d rather play a game that’s a bit more balanced.

in WvW

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

I play for the thrill of zerg head banging. Plenty of bags with lots of adrednaline pumping fun.

I’ve been back and forth between NA and EU and have to say that EU is so much more fun than NA. I’m in T2 EU with an alt in T3 NA.

WvW is plenty of fun.. just not so much on NA.

(edited by boolah.1325)

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Because I enjoy it.

After many hours of both playing WvW and browsing the forums, I’ve pretty much concluded that I’m in the minority for this.

I don’t care about score. I don’t care about winning, fights, PPT, KDR or otherwise. I don’t care about defending or capturing or what ever else.

I enjoy WvW because I enjoy socializing with server and guild mates. I enjoy that I can roam, I can scout, I can zerg, I can do what ever my heart desires without anyone or anything to tell me to do otherwise. I can play what ever class I want, I can play what ever build I want, I have nearly total freedom.

There are things in WvW that frustrate me, sure, but I don’t expect it to be perfect. Much like I do with a lot of things in life, I take WvW for what it is and I look on the bright side. What’s the point of always being upset? If you have constructive criticism, give it. Make a thread with ideas and be sure to consider all the variables. Your thoughts may or may not be heard by ANet but if it slips under their radar it doesn’t mean they hate you, they hate WvW and they’re not listening.

People are such drama queens. Yes, WvW has problems and yes, ANet doesn’t do a very good job at maintaining balance or keeping our interest. But at the end of the day, it’s still just a video game and it isn’t here to be a substitute for happiness. Enjoy it for what it is and give feedback where necessary instead of pouring your hopes and dreams in to a better future for the game (and probably your life) then getting mad with ANet and the world because things didn’t pan out the way you imagined they would.

BAM! I could not have said it better myself. My sentiments exactly. For all the so called issues (and I’ve complained about a few), I will still always enjoy doing what I do with my friends in WvW.

Shoot first, stomp hard, repeat…

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Because Gift of Battle is still a requirement for legendaries and they changed it to a reward track acquisition.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Still the most enjoyable mode of the game, although my guild went from 10-18 players at release for runs every day at almost any time of day to 4-10 players three nights a week. For a group our size we just don’t run into many like-sized groups anymore, it’s either all solo groups or zergs, server linking hurt what we do a bit but we still survive after a year of it. Still lots of fun but still lots of annoyance just from group size(even allied zergs showing up crushing a group of enemies we’ve had good fights with).

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

Just waiting on crowfall tbh

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Oh please. When is that finally due for release… 2035 ?

Pro tip… crowd funding is a scam.

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I mostly run around to show off my characters look by looking majestic on SMC wall or I flop around on obvious scrubs with daredevil animations to make it look like I’m good.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Combat system and graphics looks horrible on it too. I mean its still in dev.. But, let’s just dream till we all die

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Combat system and graphics looks horrible on it too. I mean its still in dev.. But, let’s just dream till we all die

What? Combat system looks fantastic, and well the graphics will improve but it is a kickstarter game so they won’t be AAA.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro