Why do player stats affect siege?

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Q:

Why does players’ condition damage and duration enhancements affect siege? Most affected are arrow carts. Respecing one of my characters to condition duration without much effort or cost has the #3 ability (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire_Barbed_Arrows) reading on the tooltip for 56,000 damage over 55 seconds.

Power doesn’t affect siege.
Crit damage doesn’t affect siege.
The collective world had a heart attack when Thieves and Warriors were using traits that affected siege =)

Heck, I haven’t tested it yet – does the warrior “Deep Cuts” trait affect siege? another +50% would be hilarious on top of the almost minute long bleeds I’ve already got.

So why are condition stats treated differently?

in WvW

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

A:

Genuinely believe it was an oversight by the developers related to the intricacies of trait coding or something to that effect. However I do agree that it should be changed so all siege weapon users are created equal…

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

55 seconds? the skill says 15 seconds and cond duration max is +100% which would be 30 seconds.

either I’m missing something or this is somehow bugged.

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I can confirm that condi dmg affects skills like Arrowcart Bleeding skill or Mortar burning skill, same goes for Treb poison (even though it doesn’t do that much dmg). Seeing 700 ticks from mortar on enemy blob is a funny thing though

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well devs know how weak con dmg is in www so this way condi users have better chance get some some loot.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Because they wrote bugs into the code? It’s not like this software is flawless.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Oh is that why I find myself burning for a minute? Sometimes I’m walking around and like, “I’m still on fire??”

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Yea I have gotten poisoned at water camp from a treb and was still in combat and poisoned by the time I reached NE camp. And I’m a warrior whose condi removal is cleansing ire and apparently burst skills don’t clear condis if you’re OOC.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yea I have gotten poisoned at water camp from a treb and was still in combat and poisoned by the time I reached NE camp. And I’m a warrior whose condi removal is cleansing ire and apparently burst skills don’t clear condis if you’re OOC.

Can you be OOC if you have conditions on you?

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Deep cuts does affect it and yes you can troll people, go full condi warrior, go full canon mastery and you can 2 shot people.

We did it with a guardian giving me might aswel. Was hilarious, people melting to the bleeds and stuck in place by never ending chills.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Terror necros on flame rams is pretty fun, too.

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.1965

Zen.1965

If you don’t do dmg with your burst it doesn’t spend adrenaline. Cleansing Ire depends on adrenaline being spent.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

So the answer is, “There is no good answer”. I assumed as much. Just thought it should be brought up.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Arrowcarts are perfect
Their damage in not in the slightest suspect
Arrowcarts are great
Dont break our arrows with your hate
There is clearly no abuse
The mechanics for firing arrowcarts doesnt see the slighest misuse
Thank you Anet for arrowcarts
The only thing I think that rhyme with that is arrowfarts

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

confirmed with AC mastery the bleed tduration was 39s for me with food it went to 51s
this does not seem impactful but its broken like treb poison in the case of Acs i dont think its much a problem as it only stacks 8 bleeds and only if you stay in the bleed arrow AoE ring

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Can you be OOC if you have conditions on you?

No.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |