Why do the wvw titles even exist?...

in WvW

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

I’m just going to use one specific example here, and leave it open from there.

Yakslapper.

In order to get the title you just need to kill (wait for it…) 1,000,000 Supply Caravans.

Now before the old “oh they did it on purpose, those titles are for the extremely dedicated!”, allow me to break this down a bit:

Lets say that you killed one Caravan every five minutes, continuously, without fail, for 24 hours a day.

1,000,000 × 5 = 5,000,000 (The number of minutes spent killing Yaks)
5,000,000 / 60 = 83,333 (The number of hours spent killing Yaks)
83,333 / 24 = 3472 (The number of 24 hour days spent killing Yaks)
3472 / 365 = 9.51 ( The number of years spent killing Yaks 24 hours a day)

9 and a half years… at 24 hours a day, no breaks, no sleep, no job.

Well, thats not very reasonable, lets break it into shift work and get this done, we’ll only slay Yaks for 12 solid hours a day, every day.

9.51 × 2 = 19.02 (Years spent killing Yaks for 12 hours each 24 hour day)

For our purposes I’m going to go with the 12 hour a day schedule, because a human being cannot actually survive the 24 hour a day schedule.

So, to re-phrase my original question… who thought this was viable? at all?

Between roughly ten to nineteen years to unlock an achievement title?

What is the point of putting content in the game if it is not attainable?

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Anet has stated they will be looking at the WvW achievements and revamping them into a more reasonable form.

That being said, you ask an extremely good question which is: Who thought this was a good idea? Also, I’ll have what they’re having.

in WvW

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

Heh Leftover design features from Warhammer Online & SWtoR…We had dozens upon dozens of titles/achievements in both those projects that no one ever had a prayer of accomplishing. It’s a way of “adding” titles without actually having to code for them cuz you know very well no one is going to finish them. If they do… You code the titles/achievements in at a later date. Think rank 15 Dragon from HoH in Guild Wars 1.
Would be interesting to tear into the .dat & see if theyve actually accounted for them or it’s just smoke & mirrors. Pretty sure I know the answer already.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I suspect there is a belief that titles would motivate players in WvW just as they apparently do in PvE?

I think those same folks believe that titles somehow convey status in a make-believe pixelated world.

Glad to hear they are looking at revamping WvW achieves. Will that be before or after account-wide wxp?

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: Cons.7694

Cons.7694

It is possible that they put such a high limit on the achievements as an ad hoc way to keep track of WvW stats. So, instead of implementing a brand new system for it — with a GUI and database — they most likely decided that folding it into the achievements system would achieve the same results for less effort.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Honestly, I think this information should’ve beeen hidden from players until something reasonable is implemented. As it stands, I think the game will age and end up losing a significant portion of its WvWvW player base before this is reworked, if it happens. Kind of like the precursor scavenger hunt talks that died off.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I hope one Anet dev came here and said “I did”.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Gotta get hype for long term bro.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

I still think the title should do something, like how they did in GW1: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Edification

This was a step in the right direction when they did titles like this. Otherwise its just put up for show/bragging rights. Which i have nothing against btw, they just seem worthless after a while. heck i still got Combat Healer on

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Why do the wvw titles even exist?…

So you know what impossible dream means…

Also, whoever put them together was very bad at maths.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

They claim they will fix that with the big WvW patch, so I guess they meant the seasons and eotm achievements.

Of course we need better AP in WvW, but the downside of that is that all the PvE AP hunters come to WvW; we’ve already seen what happens in the eotm, 10 catapults hitting the nearest bridge, then using up all the supply to rebuild and cat down again.
Anet really need to change it so that bridges must be claimed and you can only destroy enemy bridges, cos the rest of us have to take the long way round thanks to these morons.

This type of gameplay completely violates #1 of the Rules of Conduct, but then so do players who transfer servers to build useless siege, yet anet claim that’s OK.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Why are you being so mean to Yaks?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I hope one Anet dev came here and said “I did”.

Why? Were you thinking about a new ‘slapper’ title?

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

I bet there’s a [CARE] member reading this and laughing.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Meh, no title in GW2 (current or future additions) will ever replace God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals.

It is simply impossible for GW2 to have one that carries the same meaning/skill requirement value.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I’m just going to use one specific example here, and leave it open from there.

Yakslapper.

In order to get the title you just need to kill (wait for it…) 1,000,000 Supply Caravans.

Now before the old “oh they did it on purpose, those titles are for the extremely dedicated!”, allow me to break this down a bit:

Lets say that you killed one Caravan every five minutes, continuously, without fail, for 24 hours a day.

1,000,000 × 5 = 5,000,000 (The number of minutes spent killing Yaks)
5,000,000 / 60 = 83,333 (The number of hours spent killing Yaks)
83,333 / 24 = 3472 (The number of 24 hour days spent killing Yaks)
3472 / 365 = 9.51 ( The number of years spent killing Yaks 24 hours a day)

9 and a half years… at 24 hours a day, no breaks, no sleep, no job.

Well, thats not very reasonable, lets break it into shift work and get this done, we’ll only slay Yaks for 12 solid hours a day, every day.

9.51 × 2 = 19.02 (Years spent killing Yaks for 12 hours each 24 hour day)

For our purposes I’m going to go with the 12 hour a day schedule, because a human being cannot actually survive the 24 hour a day schedule.

Between roughly ten to nineteen years to unlock an achievement title?

What is the point of putting content in the game if it is not attainable?

This is only if you have yaks to kill. When your team caps all the camps, you have to wait for your opponents to recap it to resume killing yaks, which will add more time to the already insane 19 years.

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Your example is stupid. No one is going to wait 5 minutes for one Yak. They are going to roam the map and kill all the Yaks.

Let’s take an enemy BL that is fully capped and all supply camps upgraded (2 yaks, faster delivery). You are a thief and spam stealth whenever PVP happens. That means 6 camps, 12 Yaks, every 5 minutes.

1,000,000 * 5 / 12 = 416666.66666666666666666666666667 minutes
416666.66666666666666666666666667 / 60 = 6944.4444444444444444444444444444 hours
6944.4444444444444444444444444444 / 24 = 289.35185185185185185185185185185 days
289.35185185185185185185185185185 / 365 = 0.79274479959411466260781329274479 years

Thus it is entirely possible to get this achievement.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

That’s assuming no one ever takes any of the camps, no one besides you ever kills a yak, and no one gets fed up with you killing their yaks and throws a stealth trap. I’m fairly certain that no human is dedicated enough to something so pointless, and that no one is ever going to kill 1m yaks in this game.

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

That’s assuming no one ever takes any of the camps, no one besides you ever kills a yak, and no one gets fed up with you killing their yaks and throws a stealth trap. I’m fairly certain that no human is dedicated enough to something so pointless, and that no one is ever going to kill 1m yaks in this game.

You have little faith in the Korean Race.