Why do you not WvW?

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Full servers, Outmanned Buff in every map.

How is this happening? What is so exciting about grinding cursed shore or dungeons for hours as opposed to WvW?

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Probably the wrong forum to ask this question considering it is the WvW forum.

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

How is this happening? What is so exciting about grinding cursed shore or dungeons for hours as opposed to WvW?

Something similar on G.H.
It’s a bummer cause it likely means I also have to move to a more WvW server

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Primo.4385

Primo.4385

Basically it got boring. WvW is the same 3 things right now.

1. Run with a zerg and smash your face into the same gates over and over again. This is fun occasionally, but it got old pretty quick for me.

2. Try to get small group fights. This is awesome and really fun, unfortunately you’ll just get facerolled by the enemy zerg when they notice cross swords somewhere on the map. (Seriously what the kitten is up with the cross swords mechanic?) and the map is so kitten small that the enemy can just straight up send their entire zerg to the camp you just took because it only takes 100 people like 30 seconds to cross the entire map.

3. Reason 3 is why I hate playing on eternal battlegrounds. Build a treb to counter the treb that’s hitting our treb that was countering their treb which was firing on our treb that’s hitting the treb that’s shooting at our treb. Sweet lets run back and forth between supply camps and build sites for hours on end pushing “F”.

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

WAY too many nubs exploiting portal and rendering

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Armoek.4368

Armoek.4368

It’s becoming kinda stale don’t you think?
I think it would be cool if they had different things added to WvW every week on some kinda of rotation to keep things different.
To be honest they add stuff to pve all the time and nothing to WvW makes me very sad because it’s all I want to do but it’s too much the same tactics now.

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Fighting the same enemy every week for the past month…

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

The total and complete abuse of the weaker points in the games engine, have a huge effect on my personal enjoyment of the game, I will not call them exploits, more abuse.

I enjoy the WvW aspect of the game. I believe far more people are enjoying the WvW feature than say the SPvP/tPvP features of the game. Sadly even though the populations(at least from what I’ve experienced)seems more into WvW, the developers seem intent of more focus towards the tPvP/sPvP aspect as far as timely fixes and the allocation of assets to improve upon its foundation.

Again this is from my personal perspective, and from not really hearing a lot about up coming fixes/adjustments ect ect. from the Dev/Forum team its all I have to go on.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Well I do know balancing somethign on the scale of wvw takes more time to balance and fix and they did say they were working on it, but yeah I was turned off of it after a month or so of wasting all my time, money, resources just to get…absolutely nowhere, actually to lose everything I did and start from ground zero next time I was in. There’s no sense of accomplishment, yeah we have the server buffs, but honestly when we don’t have them I never really notice. And like so many others said, its zerg or go home right now. You can’t maintain small skirmishes for any amount of time to make it fun, you all out battle royale between your team of 7-10 against their team of 7-10 thats so epic quickly turns into your 7-10 vs 60+ of them, game over. You capped that fort finally, spent bookoo gold upgrading it to shiny perfection, in fact you just got a waypoint in, amaziing! What’s this? Your gate just went down cause they stacked 15 rams on it and you just lost everything? Oh well, better luck next time bucko. I won’t even get started on class issues, plenty of other threads for that. But yeah this amongst many other things runied wvw for me for a while.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

I WvW all day, everyday and won’t be stopping anytime soon.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I WvW all day, everyday and won’t be stopping anytime soon.

We are unique, and a dying breed.

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

What I’ve found (from listening to new players in our TS), the following issues discourage new players:

• lack of PVP experience. The transition and experience going from PVE to PVP gameplay is a shock
  • lack of pvp-spec — they’ve spent all their time practicing and traiting for pve gameplay, that it doesn’t help them when up against enemy players
  • poor computer performance – trying to figure out what’s going on while running at 5 fps and dying is not encouraging them to respawn and get back into the fight
  • lack of wvw knowledge about what to do, where to go, how to be useful

What I’ve been suggesting in our guild is the need for a “welcome to wvw” primer. This would include having a dedicated TS channel for new players where we can answer questions away from the main TS channel which is quite overwhelming and not best suited for newbie questions in the heat of the moment.

I’ve also been encouraging some guildies to give SPVP a try and walking them through it. Most have never given it a go, and the Mists provides much more immediate feedback, and opportunity to try out traits, skills and equipment combos than standard WvW.

So what I’d suggest for other guilds trying to get players involved.: make it easy for your new players to participate and ask questions (ie via beginner wvw ts channels), and help them get some experience in the Mists.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

It’s gotten stale after about a month, needs some rewards.

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Same issue on Sanctum of Rall except no one is doing Cursed Shore and there are very few people doing dungeons. It’s mainly bots, now that they can not transfer every day they are forced to stay on one server so they need more of them.

When was the last time you were in Gendarren Fields? Go look now, you’ll find no less than 60 bots there.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Fantasy.3684

Fantasy.3684

Need better rewards.

Badges not dropping even u kill ur enemy from full hp.

Recent badge gears dont have a great look.
We all want to look like a badss killing machine after slaughtered thousands of enemy.

I suggest add new legendaries for WvW which ingredients only dropped inside WvW map.

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: redknight.8036

redknight.8036

Yep reward vs effort is just crap.
You run a dungeon with experienced group for 20 mins and you’re pretty much getting half a dozen green item, maybe a few rare and tokens…plus 26 silvers. You may not even spend a single coin on repairs.

I would not debate about PvP and PvE ‘measure of fun’ but one can say safely that World v World reward is not there. Not even close.

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I do when I can. Though I don’t think Yak’s has an attendance problem.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Why do you not WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I spend a couple hours, maybe once every other week… I’d LOVE to spend more b/c I like to PvP… but Anet’s “dynamic” for the entire thing is completely hypocritical or backwards from PvE and this is important b/c it’s technically a version of PvE where we ourselves get to be the Zerging DE mobs. It’s also on the PvE side of all skill-splits (skills separated into PvE and PvP versions b/c they’re OP in real PvP). ….So there’s your big admission right there that it’s not even real PvP. It’s also crawling with more “Creeps” than a lulzy custom WC3 map.

That above, isn’t my issue though, it’s my entire argument infact… that the way they actually promote being outmanned or outzerged as “tactics”, is why most people, myself included of course, don’t WvW on a regular basis. It has a horribly negative reputation infact with most MMORPG’ers and a lot of FPS’ers I know because of this. They just refuse to do it. What they LIKE, is the way things often “scale” in PvE. They even put up with the Explorable Dungeons in this game. Hell I do them everyday just b/c they’re harder than most evenly-matched WvW fights I’m in.

So yeah… there’s the answer… Your opponent doesn’t “Scale” in WvW if you outnumber them and have them backed into a corner. They don’t become more dangerous or enraged, they actually become significantly weaker and their numbers dwindle the longer they’re being pushed back. That’s not conducive to Participation. Imagine how boring PvE would be even for PvE’ers, if the more often you killed mobs, the fewer and fewer would respawn in the area. …or bosses just got incrementally weaker everytime they were defeated. Anet needs to fix this somehow and make severely outmanned players present a challenge somehow. If they fix it, they also fix WvW*vE* for those outmanned players and everyone will be free to return to less populated servers instead of all crowding into the top 3 tiers just to find some competition.